PDA

View Full Version : AI to Rockets?

nickymintz
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151823

Rumor going around that AI could be coming to the Rockets for Battier, Alston and Expiring Contracts.

Yao
Scola
T-MAC
Barry?
AI

Looks like a very solid lineup. ONly problems I have are defense is down and a hole at the 2/3 spot. But I still think we could dominate with that lineup. 3 All-Stars and a rising star.

Could be a load of bull **** or could be legit.

goku
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
this is bs because the rockets have already said they werent making any major trades this summer the only trade that might be in the making is for novak

prash
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
they gotta keep Battier..

Rhyming Rebel
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I like it ,but dont wanna get my hopes up for that one.

{}
07-29-2008, 05:04 PM
AI in a half court offense? May as well keep Alston. If the Rockets want give Battier away for a one year rental, then Artest is the better choice.

JordansBulls
07-29-2008, 05:20 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151823

Rumor going around that AI could be coming to the Rockets for Battier, Alston and Expiring Contracts.

Yao
Scola
T-MAC
Barry?
AI

Looks like a very solid lineup. ONly problems I have are defense is down and a hole at the 2/3 spot. But I still think we could dominate with that lineup. 3 All-Stars and a rising star.

Could be a load of bull **** or could be legit.

Wow if that happened the Rockets would be the favorites and them against Boston would be the best finals possible.

Driven
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I would rather have Artest as well, but getting any kind of big three is essential IMO. And damn, AI, T-Mac, and Yao. No team will get more hype and ticket sales would go through the roof.

JordansBulls
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I would rather have Artest as well, but getting any kind of big three is essential IMO. And damn, AI, T-Mac, and Yao. No team will get more hype and ticket sales would go through the roof.

I agree, I think getting Artest would be the best but imagine AI as the PG and T-mac as the SF.

Well actually you could just have AI run PG, Tmac SG, Novak the SF (for shooting), etc.

HouRealCoach
07-29-2008, 06:40 PM
We drop defensively in that trade and we are better with the team now cuz Kobe would destroy us and we have to keep BAttier strickly for him

HouRealCoach
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
The only trade that makes since for AI is Mo Williams, CV, and Gadzuric with a pick for AI

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
AI in a half court offense? May as well keep Alston. If the Rockets want give Battier away for a one year rental, then Artest is the better choice.

I agree with you. Dont get me wrong, I love AI game but i dont think it would work wi our system. And if we had to give up Battier, I definitely dont want the trade to happen. Maybe a first rounder instead.

Alex-sama
07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
AI @ PG?!?!
He's an SG. He's too selfish to pass the ball. Without Battier our def drop dramatically. I don't think this is an good deal. And his contract is way to big. It won't make sense for trading him to the rockets.

nickymintz
07-29-2008, 07:14 PM
AI @ PG?!?!
He's an SG.. Without Battier our def drop dramatically. I don't think this is an good deal. And his contract is way to big. It won't make sense for trading him to the rockets.

Allen Iverson has averaged about 7 assist each season since 03-04 season and we were in the top 5 defensively, not even in the top 10 offensively last year (and I'm going by points per 100 possessions btw). AI to Denver ****ed that team up because they were already an elite offensive team, we're not. It would be nice to have another guy that can go to the basket. We would suffer on defense, but our offense would pick up.

bball1217
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I like the trade, BUT only if it happens near the trade deadline.
IMO, I think these things have to happen for this trade to happen near the deadline:
1. Rockets doing great defensively, but struggling offensively, but still in 4-6 seed range.
2. Nuggets doing bad, like 10-12 seed range.
3. Battier/Alston not doing their jobs offensively
4. Young forwards Novak and Greene doing a great job coming off the bench.
5. Brent Barry doing his thing...draining threes.

IMO, if these things happen, which it very well could, or even 3 or 4 of these things were happening, I would love to see this trade.

(If Iverson is doing what he did last year and his whole career)
Iverson averages last year:
82 GS/41.8 MPG/26.4 PPG/7.1 APG/2 SPG/46% FG%/35% 3PT%/81% FT%
Iverson career averages:
829 GP/41.8 MPG/27.7 PPG/6.3 APG/2.3 APG/43% FG%/31% 3PT%/78% FT%

Possible Lineups with this trade (and assuming Landry signs):
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=366~11~976~376&teams=10~7~7~7&te=&cash=

Rockets Lineup#1:
Iverson/Brooks
Barry/Head
McGrady/Novak/Greene
Scola/Landry/Dorsey
Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
Reserves:
Francis (Rotates with Head/Brooks)
Harris (Rotates with Greene/Novak)
Hayes (Rotates with Dorsey)

Rockets Lineup #2 (Assuming Novak/Greene doing very good)
Iverson/Brooks/Head
McGrady/Barry/Head
Novak or Greene
Scola/Landry/Dorsey
Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
Reserves:
Francis (Rotates with Head/Brooks)
Harris (Rotates with Dorsey/Head)
Hayes (Rotates with Dorsey/Mutumbo)

For both lineups, Novak, Greene, and Barry take over the 3PT shooting from all three players being traded away, along with Iverson upgrading the team offensively and at point guard

*However, I would only do this trade under the conditions above and near the middle of the season.*

(Leunen playing over seas or in the D-League)

rocketfuel
07-29-2008, 08:32 PM
AI too? :D Get it done, Morey! BWWWAAAAhahaahaaa....

Disclaimer (I'm just kidding... I know that this was just an internet rumor)

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Iverson
T-Mac
Artest
Scola
Yao

This is a dream lineup

bball1217
07-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Iverson
T-Mac
Artest
Scola
Yao

This is a dream lineup

HAHAHAHA...yeah

What if we did a sign-and-trade with Landry.
Rockets Get: Iverson

Denver Gets: Landry
Battier
Alston

I would not do this trade, but just imagine that lineup.

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 09:48 PM
HAHAHAHA...yeah

What if we did a sign-and-trade with Landry.
Rockets Get: Iverson

Denver Gets: Landry
Battier
Alston

I would not do this trade, but just imagine that lineup.

I wouldnt either but people would be very afraid of us....the first BIG 5

bball1217
07-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I wouldnt either but people would be very afraid of us....the first BIG 5

Yeah...that would be cool :cool:

alexander_37
07-29-2008, 10:05 PM
eff that we got artest now baby

LakeShowRaider
07-29-2008, 10:07 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if that happened with artest coming. but damn if you guys get AI....OMG you guys will be legit!

alexander_37
07-29-2008, 10:13 PM
ai is to old

he is one of my all time favourite players but not anymore

Driven
07-29-2008, 10:31 PM
**** it lets go for Iverson now too. I don't ****ing care. Let's just blow this **** up.

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 10:35 PM
**** it lets go for Iverson now too. I don't ****ing care. Let's just blow this **** up.

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao you trippin 4real

t-mac1nukka
07-29-2008, 10:51 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if that happened with artest coming. but damn if you guys get AI....OMG you guys will be legit!

as if we arent legit without ai!!:cool:

rocketfuel
07-30-2008, 04:22 AM
Big 5. :D I like that. Each game would be fun to watch. That's for sure.

Tmac to da rack
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Damn Im happy with the current team, but if we trade for Iverson we aint going to have a good bench. So Im not sure if I want to do this, we are already very deep, But if we get AI i guess Ill be a little more pumped!

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Too excited right now about the season..........4get it. Lets start the season 2nite!!!