PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate on Vince? Underated Not Overated.. (tmac vs Vince)

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Look u guys may call me a Homer or w/e u want but I think carter is very underated these days. He is probably one of the most hated players here. People look at what happened in the past and use that against what he does now. His rep is like ruined.. He puts up better numbers than almost all the Sg in the game and save the nets franchise from falling for the last three years...
Most people don't consider him top 5 SG in the game.. When he really is.. some idiots dOnt even think hes top 10....

Only two players in the NBA last year averaged at least 21 ppg m 6 reb ppg, and 5 ast ppg... and that was Kobe BRYANT, lebron James, and OH VINCE carter.. But hes not top 5 sg in the league right?:rolleyes: He was hurt too .. and he played with another 20 point plus scorer on his team

Hes a 8 time all star..

Top 5-7 amongst active player in career point per game scorer almost 24 ppg
carrer averages are 24 ppg ,,, 5.5 rebounds and 4.2 assists.. while shooting
45% from the field and 38% from three point land...

hes also a olympic gold Medalist.. and one of the most exciting players to ever play the game..

U may say ooo he doesnt paly hard or is lazy doesnt care or w/e.. but ive been watchin all his games the last three years and there hasnt been a time when he hasnt played or cared... What happneed in toronto happened.. Its over.. U cant disreguard what he has done.. He save this Jersey franchise and carried us into the playoffs two years in a row... In his first year he carried us to the 8th spot .. with the palyoff roster i have ever seen in my life.. He averaged like 34 6 and 5 for like 2 and 1/2 weeks....... sO all that effor stuff u can throw out the window..

HOw come no one ever talks about how tmac hasn't been out of the first round? Tmac is always considered better but Carter has better career numbers, better numbers last year, and has been further in playoffs, and has been more of a winner..... O yea and remember the injury bug thing everyone use to like to use against him? he has averaged 78.5 games per year the last four seasons.. Tmac on the other hand is proably around 60 or somthing

Career numbers
Carter: 23.8 ppg 5.5 rbp 4.3 ast pg 45% fg and 38 % 3ball....79% ft
42 playoff games

Tmac: 22.4 ppg 6.2 rbp 4.7 ast pg 44% fg and 34% 3 ball.... 74% ft
38 playoff games

Pretty close.. but carter is a better shooter more scoring.. tmac has more rebounds.. and slighty more assits.. but very close.. carter has more playoff appearances.. but ppl still say tmac is better Puzzles me?

last year:
Vince Carter:
21.3 ppg 2.42 To 6 rpg 5.1 ast pg 46%fg 36%3ball 80% ft

tmac :
21.6 ppg 2.42 to 5.1 rpg 5.9 ast pg 42% fg 29%3ball 68% ft

Again it pretty dead even .. except carter is a better scorer.. and carter palyed through injury all year long, which he did have surgery on... Also carter played on a team with RJ who was also a 20 point plus scorer... U may say ooo tmac played with Yao.. but yao was hurt.. and tmac was the # 1 option... IF rj didint play vince would have scored 25 26 a game....... But ill give tmac the credit his team was a lot better last year... But stilll

Can some one explain to me why this is?

JordansBulls
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Look u guys may call me a Homer or w/e u want but I think carter is very underated these days. He is probably one of the most hated players here. People look at what happened in the past and use that against what he does now. His rep is like ruined.. He puts up better numbers than almost all the Sg in the game and save the nets franchise from falling for the last three years...
Most people don't consider him top 5 SG in the game.. When he really is.. some idiots dOnt even think hes top 10....

Only two players in the NBA last year averaged at least 21 ppg m 6 reb ppg, and 5 ast ppg... and that was Kobe BRYANT, lebron James, and OH VINCE carter.. But hes not top 5 sg in the league right?:rolleyes: He was hurt too .. and he played with another 20 point plus scorer on his team

Hes a 8 time all star..

hes also a olympic gold Medalist.. and one of the most exciting players to ever play the game..

U may say ooo he doesnt paly hard or is lazy doesnt care or w/e.. but ive been watchin all his games the last three years and there hasnt been a time when he hasnt played or cared... What happneed in toronto happened.. Its over.. U cant disreguard what he has done.. He save this Jersey franchise and carried us into the playoffs two years in a row... In his first year he carried us to the 8th spot .. with the palyoff roster i have ever seen in my life.. He averaged like 34 6 and 5 for like 2 and 1/2 weeks....... sO all that effor stuff u can throw out the window..

HOw come no one ever talks about how tmac hasn't been out of the first round? Tmac is always considered better but Carter has better career numbers, better numbers last year, and has been further in playoffs, and has been more of a winner..... O yea and remember the injury bug thing everyone use to like to use against him? he has averaged 78.5 games per year the last four seasons.. Tmac on the other hand is proably around 60 or somthing

Career numbers
42 playoff games

38 playoff games

Pretty close.. but carter is a better shooter more scoring.. tmac has more rebounds.. and slighty more assits.. but very close.. carter has more playoff appearances.. but ppl still say tmac is better Puzzles me?

last year:
Vince Carter:

tmac :

Again it pretty dead even .. except carter is a better scorer.. and carter palyed through injury all year long, which he did have surgery on... Also carter played on a team with RJ who was also a 20 point plus scorer... U may say ooo tmac played with Yao.. but yao was hurt.. and tmac was the # 1 option... IF rj didint play vince would have scored 25 26 a game....... But ill give tmac the credit his team was a lot better last year... But stilll

Good post, I agree that people put wayyy too much emphasize on his days in Toronto. This guy was once in the same tier as Mcgrady and Kobe in the early to mid 2000's.

His numbers are virtually the same as both players as well for his career.

Although he is not as good as either player, he is still a star IMO and many teams should want to have a guy like him.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
i guess because he is injury prone.

kvrnm
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
agreed with thread starter, and jordans bulls

mjt20mik
07-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Ok. I'm a raptors fan and to be honest I really liked VC. Talent is not the issue with him, because he is a very talented player. It's only the fact that he never gives it his all, all the time. One day you might see him playing his *** off, but the other, he just settles. And with his talent, it's just a shame. I think that's what makes him so hated.

bogdanrom
07-29-2008, 04:53 PM
He's still a good player. It's just that sometimes it looks like he doesn't want to try and play. If it makes you feel better I would definitely want him on the Wizards. :D

carter15
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM
agreed with the original poster....and he is better then tmac...i never understood y people think tmac is better when he isnt.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Carter doesn't even try all 82 games maybe he should start trying then he will get better recognition.

Crunchy12489
07-29-2008, 05:01 PM
I agree people (around here) hate on Vince as well as AI...

I still think he's all-star calibur... I mean he's the best dunker of this generation, he has a nice jumpshot, and he can make flashy passes and such... He's an entertaining guy... He brings tickets in...

I think the new look of the Nets will bring out the competitiveness within him

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
i guess because he is injury prone.

He use to be.. He has been vry healthy since becoming a net.. except for last season but... he played through that as well... He is averaging like 79 games a year the last 4 years... Tmac has been hurt a lot more.

I respect Tmac hes a great palyer.. and most ppl do... But i jsut feel like carter deserves as much attention as Tmac does.. Carter has just fell off the board.

I think this year he will have a nice year .. with him being hte only star on that team...

prash
I've watched them both closely their entire careers. T-Mac > Vince.

On a good day T-Mac is the next best thing after LBJ and Kobe at the 2/3 position. Vince not so much.. Now days he's still a good player, but he's not much better than say Michael Redd or Richard Jefferson.

Highlights of Vince's career are mostly dunks. His best playoff performance was in T.O. when they took Phili to 7 games in the 2nd round. He avg'd 27.5 ppg in two seasons.

T-Mac was 2x scoring champ (32.1 & 28.0 ppg); was the best player on a team that won 22 straight games; scored 13 points in the final 33 seconds to come back and win a game; is one of the all time highest scorers in playoffs despite being 0 - 7.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
I've watched them both closely their entire careers. T-Mac > Vince.

On a good day T-Mac is the next best thing after LBJ and Kobe at the 2/3 position. Vince not so much.. Now days he's still a good player, but he's not much better than say Michael Redd or Richard Jefferson.

Highlights of Vince's career are mostly dunks. His best playoff performance was in T.O. when they took Phili to 7 games in the 2nd round. He avg'd 27.5 ppg in two seasons.

T-Mac was 2x scoring champ (32.1 & 28.0 ppg); was the best player on a team that won 22 straight games; scored 13 points in the final 33 seconds to come back and win a game; is one of the all time highest scorers in playoffs despite being 0 - 7.

Tmac has done some amazing stuff in those copuple of years he won the scoring champ and stuff.. but carter had a couple of those years where he was on top as well.... But overall Tmac has done all that and has nothing to show for it.. he hasnt been otu of the first round in the palyoffs.. carter has in both Jersey and Houston.. and they're numbers are almost identical with carter being slightly a better shooter

So why does Tmac get so much over Vince?

mjt20mik
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM

Whose hating on AI?

Crunchy12489
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Whose hating on AI?

About 80% of the people on this forum. Stating that he's "washed up", will never get a ring, and he's "cancer".

We've already been through this.

This is a VC thread, so I've said what I had to say.

Vince Carter adapts to the team he's surrounded by.

If it's a booty team, VC plays booty. If it's a promising team, he plays promising.

DeeJay
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
to me they are both overrated/injury prone players, but entertaining to watch.

_Sn1P3r_
07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I think stat-wise we know he's good player it's just his attitude and how he left Toronto.

Crunchy12489
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Boy you Toronto fans will always have that dark cloud over him!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 05:18 PM

Yea Very Dark cloud lol.

Young_Josh
07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
mac is better then vince...vince can just dunk better!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
mac is better then vince...vince can just dunk better!

But u give no reasoning!? What about all the things i pointed out?

Hawkeye15
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM

Hes a 8 time all star..

Career numbers
42 playoff games

38 playoff games

last year:
Vince Carter:

tmac :

In my opinion, they are both wastes of talent. They could both had been all time greats, but they are scared to attack the rim. Remember when Carter was a driving, finishing machine? What happened. The only reason Mcgrady is considered better is he is more consistent on a good team. But they are both wastes of talents. Figures, they are related

Hawkeye15
07-29-2008, 05:24 PM

I still think he's all-star calibur... I mean he's the best dunker of this generation, he has a nice jumpshot, and he can make flashy passes and such... He's an entertaining guy... He brings tickets in...

I think the new look of the Nets will bring out the competitiveness within him

love AI. He plays hard all the time. If you don't like a player that always plays hard, that is simply because that player beats up on your team, or you just think he is a bad person. Hence, i don't like Duncan or Kobe

North Yorker
07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Well I'm a Raptor fan, so you can go on youtube and find the top 10 of why we hate VC, but I dunno why everyone else hates him

dre1990
07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
he's good on offense but is defense is bad...but he's fun to watch future HOF(8all star games) i dont think he will ever win it all with the nets thogh

Bg7getclutch
07-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Good post, I agree that people put wayyy too much emphasize on his days in Toronto. This guy was once in the same tier as Mcgrady and Kobe in the early to mid 2000's.

His numbers are virtually the same as both players as well for his career.

Although he is not as good as either player, he is still a star IMO and many teams should want to have a guy like him.

I know you want him on the bulls team and i would love to have him as well. He's better than anything the bulls got.

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
I love VC. He's one of my favorite current players. I never doubt him, but I dont believe he's better than T-Mac. VC can hit a game winner every now and then but T-Mac can take over a game and hit a game winner. He can make his teammates atleast appear to look better than what they really are.

VC is still a good player. Yes, people dont like him for his past and he is currently underrated

boob
07-29-2008, 06:32 PM
- He admitted to not working hard during offseasons to improve himself

- He admitted to not giving his all

- He gave up on the raptors and forced them into trading him

- He demanded a trade, unhappy dispite being paid millions and being the star of an entire country

- He drops like a fly with any contact at allk

- He doesnt play defense

- And the worst of all, he could of been the greatest player to ever play the game but because of the above he became a scorer for losing teams, thus he is a huge disappointment.

Lets face it, he has been surrounded by several different combinations of teams and coaches and he has failed on every level withg every team he has been put on. If you think first round exits and a decent scoring avg is successful then I guess your happy, but for those that no better and understand what could of been, he sucks.

cmellofan15
07-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Dude that was awesome. I still like Vince and he would be the star on many teams if he got traded.

rabzouz 96
07-29-2008, 07:33 PM
i luv vc and think hes underestimated, but hes not the better player than t-mac,maybe he couldve been if he worked more in the offseasons, but he was still a heck of a player, my fav along with marbury, but i dont think that u an say hes better than tmac because he played with an injury last season, because t-mac played with a ****ed up back himself. but one can still dream of what couldve been with a t-mac vc in their prime combo in toronto

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 10:29 PM
He is extremely underrated

ChitownbullsBG7
07-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Its not that he is underated but its like Randolph and Crawford. They get their numbers but thats all they get. Carter had ALOT of talent around him in NJ and couldnt make any noise. LBJ and Kobe can pick a team up and carry them Carter cant. TMAC and Wade can put their teams on their back CARTER cant. AI CARRIED his team to the finals CARTER DIDNT.

Carter is a GREAT talent, but it seems like he is just a stat guy. I mean atleast KG went somewhere with the Twolves when he got talent around him, CARTER didnt and he had better talent.

He is a great talent but to most he is nothing but a guy who gets HIS stats.

njnets
07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
good post. with stats and everything. carter is better only when he tries. nobody hear can say he tries all the time. dont get me wrong, i like carter. but when he doesn't try, it pisses me off. mcgrady did put the team on his back and get 22 straight wins. carter is a better player though. he has what we like to call "it".

SwaggaIke
07-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Vince is still nice. Still gets buckets, he plays team ball, still can get to the rack, still can get up and yolk at any time. 20+ points, 5+ assists, 5+ rebounds speaks for itself. He just needs to get to a winner. Similar situation w/ A.I. But they have their part in getting to a winner. They both need to sacrifice on the financial end. Imagine if A.I took a pay cut to play for Phili? Carter taking a pay cut to play for Toronto? You'd be looking at two top teams in the league, let alone the East.

SwaggaIke
07-29-2008, 11:20 PM
And people also have to remember w/ those Nets teams. Two of them in the VC, RJ, Kidd era ran into the Miami Heat in the playoffs. That wasn't an easy team to get through during those two years. One was an ECF's team and the other was a championship team. The Nets didn't exactly have the easiest road those two years. You gotta cut VC some slack on that.

DQL
07-30-2008, 12:20 AM
VC>T-Mac. VC is not underrated but T-Mac is overrated

rabzouz 96
07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Its not that he is underated but its like Randolph and Crawford. They get their numbers but thats all they get. Carter had ALOT of talent around him in NJ and couldnt make any noise. LBJ and Kobe can pick a team up and carry them Carter cant. TMAC and Wade can put their teams on their back CARTER cant. AI CARRIED his team to the finals CARTER DIDNT.

Carter is a GREAT talent, but it seems like he is just a stat guy. I mean atleast KG went somewhere with the Twolves when he got talent around him, CARTER didnt and he had better talent.

He is a great talent but to most he is nothing but a guy who gets HIS stats.nah carter is on another level than crawford or randolph, he can definitely carry a tream better than these 2, it was just that everywhere he was, he never had a good c or pf, which is essential to carry your team somewhere. hes not on a level with lebron, but tmac didnt bring his team farer than carter, kg didnt bring his team far until he had a balanced roster. ai had mutombo, wade shaq adn so on.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 11:24 AM
nah carter is on another level than crawford or randolph, he can definitely carry a tream better than these 2, it was just that everywhere he was, he never had a good c or pf, which is essential to carry your team somewhere. hes not on a level with lebron, but tmac didnt bring his team farer than carter, kg didnt bring his team far until he had a balanced roster. ai had mutombo, wade shaq adn so on.

I definitly agree with that.. To me Vince is capable of carrying a team.. Kobe and Lebron are on another level.. But after that i would put Vince, Ai, Tmac, and wade in that level... Wade is arguably up there with kobe and lebron.. BUt Vince is very capable... People say paul pierce carried the team to the finals.. and people also say paul pierce and ray allen are better than Vince.. but there is no way they are better than vince.. IF vince carter ever get the chance to play with KG he would make noise as well... Hes never had the opportunity to play with a star big man which is essential in almost any team that wins the championship.. and For anyone to say Tmac has carried his team further is crazy.. Vince has been out of the 1st round without playing with a bigman.. tmac hasnt carried his team further.. and isnt more consistent... It just doesnt make sense how these people say Tmac is better but w/e...

wade played with shaq when he won his ring... even though shaq wasnt the same... it help to have him

kobe played with shaq when he won those 3 rings.. so even he needed help... not saying vince is better than kobe.. just pointing out that vince might be further if he has a big man.

tmac has yao... still hasnt done anything

pierce and allen had KG.. and anyone that says that pierce or allen is better I just dont agree.. thats crazy

Ai.. had motumbo.. but hes not on the level of the other three... but he still hasnt won a ring... But was ECF champ... which is still great,,

I jsut think If vince ever got to play with shaq, kg, dwight, yao .. it would have helped him.. he hasnt been as fortunate,, he has played with jason collins for the last three years... So i would jsut liek people to also consider this b4 they take jabs at him

SLY WILLIAMS
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Vince is under rated. A lot of people like to hate on the guy because he is not Jordan, Lebron or Kobe but he is at the next level under those guys. When the game is on the line he is tough to stop.

PhillyLuver
07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Before I say a guy is underrated I want to see him fully committed to what he does... and he's not. I don't like Vince, but he's good

SeoulBeatz
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
i agree people hate on vince way too much.

its jsut cause he makes the game look so effortless that it appears he isnt trying.

his jumpshot looks so smooth that people think its just lazy, but it really isnt.

hes a very talented player and yes i was a huge fan of his in the early 2000's when people said he was better than kobe, and ****, back then, he was.

it was Vince Carter, Kobe, T Mac, Allen Iverson, those were the faces of th NBA back then, and therewas a reason for that.

they were all great players.

but now that vince is getting older and no longer on a winning team, people wont give him the time of day. but i think if the nets do well this season (which i doubt they will becaause they have an EXTREMELY young team and lost RJ, Nenad, and Bostjan) he may get his time back in the limelight and peope will see how good he still is.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-30-2008, 12:29 PM
It's a shame both of them have never won a ring, or reached a CF in that matter.

However, it's not like Vince didn't have his chance..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WdBQjo5VH0

bartlett2266
07-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Carter is a coward who quit on his team no matter how good they were and who they were he quit on his team and hes soft as well

JIDsanity
07-30-2008, 12:35 PM
These comments really surprise me, I really thought there would be straight hate coming out of every direction and that's not the case. I thinkt tehy are the same player.

JIDsanity
07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
i agree people hate on vince way too much.

its jsut cause he makes the game look so effortless that it appears he isnt trying.

his jumpshot looks so smooth that people think its just lazy, but it really isnt.

hes a very talented player and yes i was a huge fan of his in the early 2000's when people said he was better than kobe, and ****, back then, he was.

it was Vince Carter, Kobe, T Mac, Allen Iverson, those were the faces of th NBA back then, and therewas a reason for that.

they were all great players.

but now that vince is getting older and no longer on a winning team, people wont give him the time of day. but i think if the nets do well this season (which i doubt they will becaause they have an EXTREMELY young team and lost RJ, Nenad, and Bostjan) he may get his time back in the limelight and peope will see how good he still is.

:clap:
Your one of the realest people posting in these forums.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Carter is a coward who quit on his team no matter how good they were and who they were he quit on his team and hes soft as well

IF u say hes a quitter than what about jason kidd who left his team in the worst position ever last season? did he not quit on his team? told everyone that he wanted out? Didnt play with any heart towards the last couple of games?.. Gave up on the Nets even though he was playing with 2 other stars on the team?
What about Ai? DId he not quit on the sixers?
Kg did he not quit on the T'wolves?
Tmac did he not quit on the Magics? or raptors? Him and vince could have been special in toronto.. but he wanted his own team

Why does vince get the lable of quiter and not any of those palyers?

Nets fan 93
07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Carter doesn't even try all 82 games maybe he should start trying then he will get better recognition.
20-6-5 on a bum ankle playing with ball-hog RJ... yeah, wake up

and to the poster who said he was soft :laugh2:

Mile High Champ
07-30-2008, 01:18 PM

yeah no kidding, look at the way he left and the way it all went down. He has no class what so ever, he never ever gives it his all, he settles for jumpers way to often, not a good defender, injury prone.. should I go on?

njdevilsnnets
07-30-2008, 01:20 PM
This is a good thread.

Carter is underrated and yes is indeed a Top 5 Sg.

VINSAAAAAAAANITYY

The most exciting player ever to watch in my opinion, i was watching a 2002 Classic and he just walks down the base line and throws a jam down over this 7 footer, amazing. Olympics when he jumped over that guy and made one of the best dunks in history?- Amazing.

He's one of a kind. And he's slighty better then Tmac

njdevilsnnets
07-30-2008, 01:28 PM
yeah no kidding, look at the way he left and the way it all went down. He has no class what so ever, he never ever gives it his all, he settles for jumpers way to often, not a good defender, injury prone.. should I go on?

I'm pretty sure he asked to be traded and they wouldn't so he stop trying. And his team around him was completely hopeless and Mo-Pete didn't help.

Yes he does has class more then you think, he always gives it his all, he settles for jumpers because he can make them, hes an alright defender, and he isn't as injury prone as he once was.

This year guys don't be surprised to see 25-5-5 numbers from V.C if he stays with the nets. With good young point guard Harris, i think it should be fun to watch

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
this should explain EVERYTHING

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kcTHP2K1ZWY

guys a baby

Vegasguy80
07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Actually he is pretty overrated now-a-days. It is more of a "what have you done for me lately" and he hasn't done much of anything. He is just quietly playing basketball and not really not helping any team he plays for go anywhere. He is not a leader

Vegasguy80
07-30-2008, 01:39 PM
This is a good thread.

Carter is underrated and yes is indeed a Top 5 Sg.

VINSAAAAAAAANITYY

The most exciting player ever to watch in my opinion, i was watching a 2002 Classic and he just walks down the base line and throws a jam down over this 7 footer, amazing. Olympics when he jumped over that guy and made one of the best dunks in history?- Amazing.

He's one of a kind. And he's slighty better then Tmac

A 2002 video? Let's watch something from 2006 or 2007. Oh wait, you can't because he hasn't done much.

JIDsanity
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
A 2002 video? Let's watch something from 2006 or 2007. Oh wait, you can't because he hasn't done much.

Lol heard of Youtube. Look it up yourself, but don't make false accusations, because that's what you think.

ee
07-30-2008, 02:04 PM
He's hated for what he did in Toronto then followed it up with the "I don't play 100% all the time"

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Actually he is pretty overrated now-a-days. It is more of a "what have you done for me lately" and he hasn't done much of anything. He is just quietly playing basketball and not really not helping any team he plays for go anywhere. He is not a leader

Well i mean ur overthere in cali.. i think .. so i don't think u get much of him over there.. especially cause the nets are never on national tv.. But vince has done a lot lately to tell u the truth... That team they had last year was horrible... Its liek saying what did KG do all those years the t'wolves stunk.... U cant win with that kind of roster.. NO one man can carry a team for an entire season by himself.. maybe lebron or kobe.. but even they need help

And like just because he isnt kobe or lebron .. why is he not considered a great player in the level right below those two... what has tmac done lately? Like i still dont get it.. you say all those htings about him ebing overated then i hope u think tmac, and Ai are overated too.. cause vince as done pretty much the same as tmac.. actually won more gmaes in his career and been out of the 1st round.. NOt that that is an accomplishment.. LIke the heat sucked the last couple of years... and havent done much.. but ur not gonan call dwade overated for that... Vince didnt have the luxury of playing with even a washed up shaq... zo.. shaqn marion... haslem.. ...

Like how is he overated? And he did help the nets get into the playoffs the two years prior to last season.. He carried probably the worst playoff roster i ahve ever seen that 1st season he came there into the playoffs.. He ran out of gas with that roster during the playoffs.. he was logging 45 mins every night.. and ran into the future champs in the heat.. and the year after that they beat the raptors in the playoffs in the 1st round.. and los tto another good miami heat team.. ITs not his fualt the nets roster isnt the best it could be...

Hes not kobe or lebron but theres nothing wrong with not being as good as those players.. they are two of the greatest players to play the game alogn with Mj...

Just cause hes not good as them doesnt mean he isnt as good as the other good player below those two....

Liek people say michael redd, joe johnson, tmac, ray allen, kevin martin are better.. but how so? they havent done anything.. and carter has put as good or better numbers than they do... Its just the hate everyone has for him

and about his leadership to tell u the truth maybe it wasnt the best in toronto.. but ever since he was traded here or ever since the kidd deal... ask any real nets fan and they will tell u his leadership has been off the charts.. hes like a new person.. hes very unselfish... and is always about the team.. and wants to win.... some of the younger players that we have drafted in the last coupel of years such as antawn wright, mwilliams, sean williams, and nenad.. he has helped all of them out.. He took wright under his wing and took time out of his personal life to help the kid out.. invited him to his house to train with him one off season.... this year he had the whole summer league team over his house for lunch and practice.. and then he was even at the summer league game .. not only watching but coaching as well.... Thats true leadership if u ask me... take time our of ur personal... after u are an established star... to help out rookies and people that might not even make the roster.. That true leadership and a great teamate... Hes a great leader.. and just watch this season.. we may not be title contenders or anything but he is going to play great.. and be leader of this really young team.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Well i mean ur overthere in cali.. i think .. so i don't think u get much of him over there.. especially cause the nets are never on national tv.. But vince has done a lot lately to tell u the truth... That team they had last year was horrible... Its liek saying what did KG do all those years the t'wolves stunk.... U cant win with that kind of roster.. NO one man can carry a team for an entire season by himself.. maybe lebron or kobe.. but even they need help

And like just because he isnt kobe or lebron .. why is he not considered a great player in the level right below those two... what has tmac done lately? Like i still dont get it.. you say all those htings about him ebing overated then i hope u think tmac, and Ai are overated too.. cause vince as done pretty much the same as tmac.. actually won more gmaes in his career and been out of the 1st round.. NOt that that is an accomplishment.. LIke the heat sucked the last couple of years... and havent done much.. but ur not gonan call dwade overated for that... Vince didnt have the luxury of playing with even a washed up shaq... zo.. shaqn marion... haslem.. ...

Like how is he overated? And he did help the nets get into the playoffs the two years prior to last season.. He carried probably the worst playoff roster i ahve ever seen that 1st season he came there into the playoffs.. He ran out of gas with that roster during the playoffs.. he was logging 45 mins every night.. and ran into the future champs in the heat.. and the year after that they beat the raptors in the playoffs in the 1st round.. and los tto another good miami heat team.. ITs not his fualt the nets roster isnt the best it could be...

Hes not kobe or lebron but theres nothing wrong with not being as good as those players.. they are two of the greatest players to play the game alogn with Mj...

Just cause hes not good as them doesnt mean he isnt as good as the other good player below those two....

Liek people say michael redd, joe johnson, tmac, ray allen, kevin martin are better.. but how so? they havent done anything.. and carter has put as good or better numbers than they do... Its just the hate everyone has for him

and about his leadership to tell u the truth maybe it wasnt the best in toronto.. but ever since he was traded here or ever since the kidd deal... ask any real nets fan and they will tell u his leadership has been off the charts.. hes like a new person.. hes very unselfish... and is always about the team.. and wants to win.... some of the younger players that we have drafted in the last coupel of years such as antawn wright, mwilliams, sean williams, and nenad.. he has helped all of them out.. He took wright under his wing and took time out of his personal life to help the kid out.. invited him to his house to train with him one off season.... this year he had the whole summer league team over his house for lunch and practice.. and then he was even at the summer league game .. not only watching but coaching as well.... Thats true leadership if u ask me... take time our of ur personal... after u are an established star... to help out rookies and people that might not even make the roster.. That true leadership and a great teamate... Hes a great leader.. and just watch this season.. we may not be title contenders or anything but he is going to play great.. and be leader of this really young team.

He is sorrunded with a roster full kids.. that obviously not going to make too much noise.. and hes not getting any younger.. but he understands the team want to rebuild.. and he is sacrificing a coupel of his years to help the team.. and get ready for the 2010 team.. not many stars would do that .. so no he is not a cry baby.. he is taking the initiative to lead this team... NOt many stars in this league would ever do that.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM

He is sorrunded with a roster full kids.. that obviously not going to make too much noise.. and hes not getting any younger.. but he understands the team want to rebuild.. and he is sacrificing a coupel of his years to help the team.. and get ready for the 2010 team.. not many stars would do that .. so no he is not a cry baby.. he is taking the initiative to lead this team... NOt many stars in this league would ever do that.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM

why dont u go check out some of his highlights from 05-07 go ahead.. and tell me what u see... I kno u guys get sportscenter down there in La... The only player in the game that i have personally seen do a 360 finger rolll in a game with defenders around him... Like twice.. that slam over Zo?... He is still capable of attackign trust. Go check out some videos.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM
TO Vegasguy 80

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 03:56 PM
My bad for posting liek ten of the same posts.. It wasnt working 4 some reaons lol.. Sorry

lakerboy
07-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I just really don't feel VC. He's got no passion for the game (remember him saying to TMac after the playoffs, "don't be upset you lost. we're superstars!")

If McGrady isn't injury prone, he wouldn't be in the same tier as Carter.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
(remember him saying to TMac after the playoffs, "don't be upset you lost. we're superstars!")

When did he say that lol? I dont remember that.

YankeeFan89
07-30-2008, 04:21 PM
You can't really compare careers numbers as well because when Tracy Mcgrady first came into the league he was behind the shadows of V.C. He averaged 7.0,9.3,15.4 ppg in his years in Toronto. But if you compare the numbers T-Mac produced when he got to Orlando..I would take T-Mac. Tracy Mcgrady in his prime>Vince Carter in his prime. You would def. be rated higher or recognized more if you led the league in scoring two years in a row. T-Mac would be up there with Kobe if never got hurt..not with the rings but with the individual stats. Don't get me wrong Vince Carter is good but he's just not T-mac. T-Mac did have a defensive game years ago but not anymore..(who cares we got artest and battier now =]). But really both players are underrated today as how they contribute to the team. Tracy Mcgrady is a better passer than Vince but today both players know how to Dish.

ee
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
I just really don't feel VC. He's got no passion for the game (remember him saying to TMac after the playoffs, "don't be upset you lost. we're superstars!")

If McGrady isn't injury prone, he wouldn't be in the same tier as Carter.A statement like would make headlines.....No way he said that:rolleyes:

Thatruth32
07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
tmac is over rated...

Thatruth32
07-30-2008, 04:30 PM
My bad for posting liek ten of the same posts.. It wasnt working 4 some reaons lol.. Sorry

dont lie u just boosting ur stats... lol jk

berserker74
07-30-2008, 04:37 PM

Hes a 8 time all star..

Career numbers
42 playoff games

38 playoff games

last year:
Vince Carter:

tmac :

how about playing a little defense there vince. oh wait, he already plays as little as possible. try justifying that one!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
how about playing a little defense there vince. oh wait, he already plays as little as possible. try justifying that one!

Hes not as bad as a defender as you make him to be. Hes average. he does nt play kobe defense but hes average. NOthing wrong with that.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-30-2008, 05:03 PM
dont lie u just boosting ur stats... lol jk

shhhh :cool:

Nah j/k it really wasnt working lol.

prash
08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
this should explain EVERYTHING

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kcTHP2K1ZWY

guys a baby

awesome vid.. :smoking:

Tmac has done some amazing stuff in those copuple of years he won the scoring champ and stuff.. but carter had a couple of those years where he was on top as well.... But overall Tmac has done all that and has nothing to show for it.. he hasnt been otu of the first round in the palyoffs.. carter has in both Jersey and Houston.. and they're numbers are almost identical with carter being slightly a better shooter

So why does Tmac get so much over Vince?

Have you watched every game of every playoff series McGrady's been in?

Vs. Detroit: He was a one man show in Orlando. Why Orlando couldn't close out that series can be debated..

Vs. Mavs: His team didn't show up at all Game 7 & McGrady had to deal with a suspect whistle games 3 - 7.

Vs. Utah: He was right there.. game 7.. game tied; home court; ball in his hands, but instead of trying to score he was trying to get his teammates open shots... WHY?! I dunno. 29 points and 13 assists later he was stuck with another 1st round loss.

Vs. Utah 2: No Yao. Nuff said.

His 0 - 7 stat in playoffs is misleading and the fact that Carter has been in the 2nd round shouldn't mean that McGrady is in some way inferior.