PDA

View Full Version : CJ Watson vs Demarcus Nelson

mcmjy
07-29-2008, 03:25 PM
With the Warriors roster being nearly complete and liklely only 1 roster spot remaining, what does everyone think the Warriors should do, CJ Watson or DeMarcus Nelson? CJ has some experience under his belt and already had Don Nelson's trust, DeMarcus seems to be a very similar player, but has yet to prove it at the NBA level. Thoughts?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 03:29 PM
To Me Its A No Brainer You Go With Dumarcus Nelson In The Longrun He'll Be The Far Greater Player & He's Way More Versatile He Can Play Both The 1 & 2 Guard Positions

oracle650
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
acc player of the year. this ain't the 70's when a lot of players were coming out ucla. now their coming outta duke, nc, etc. ACC. but uh go STANFORD on the college talk. and I hope watson and nelson both have great careers. and actually start one day. I just hope nelson does that here. Morrow, Randolph, Hendrix, and Nelson got me kinda excited.

Thatruth32
07-29-2008, 05:05 PM
i would have to go with nelson in a hearbeat he showed me a lot more than watson has and watson has been here all last year... pretty sure i read somewere nelson was the ACC denfensive player of the year last year

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
CJ Watson, smarter player, better shooter, better scorer proved he can play in the NBA when given a chance last season.

DeMarcus Nelson was ACC player of the year, not the NBA. He also got torched for 30 by some guy name Dominic Bennett. Crossed up and dunked on, shot over, he got worked.

I might even take Jamont Gordon over DeMarcus Nelson, but it's a toss up, there both 15th men, and I don't think the Dubs are signing either one.

CJ and Morrow have the last roster spots unless DeMarcus shows some amazing PG skills in the preseason.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Nelson Is A Great Combo Guard & A Better Defensive Player Then Watson He's A Better Fit For Us

mavwar53
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
a combo gaurd can pass and shoot with skill, nelson is a very poor shooter if he was to make the team he would hardly ever play Nellie doesnt play guys he doesnt trust to shot the ball especially at the 1 or 2

mavwar53
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
a combo gaurd can pass and shoot with skill, nelson is a very poor shooter if he was to make the team he would hardly ever play Nellie doesnt play guys he doesnt trust to shot the ball especially at the 1 or 2

oracle650
07-29-2008, 08:47 PM
we need anyone and everyone to be just a bit defensive. dude can work on his shooting look at ellis. every year that kids gotten better. and I can't name a person on this forum that knew about him at Lanier HS. if so speak on it. don't act like you just knew the minute you heard he was picked in the 2nd round he was gonna be shittin 20 a nite. if ya did I got a cold mug in the freezer, a cheesesteak, and a runt for ya stankin ***. anything is possible. watson is timid. nelson punx people. didn't you guys watch duke this year. **** the summer league.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 08:58 PM
we need anyone and everyone to be just a bit defensive. dude can work on his shooting look at ellis. every year that kids gotten better. and I can't name a person on this forum that knew about him at Lanier HS. if so speak on it. don't act like you just knew the minute you heard he was picked in the 2nd round he was gonna be ****tin 20 a nite. if ya did I got a cold mug in the freezer, a cheesesteak, and a runt for ya stankin ***. anything is possible. watson is timid. nelson punx people. didn't you guys watch duke this year. **** the summer league.

You should give that steak and beer to my bro! He's had League pass for a while now and the year Monta was drafted, (along with Taft and I believe Digou) he couldn't stop raving about him. He kept comparing him to Tony Parker, but said that he had hops. He said he was the best prospect of the 3 and one of the best in summer league. He played PG by the way, so it's funny to me when people start whining about Monta not having any experience at PG.

Taft also looked good. Pissed off that he fell to the second round. He was trying to dunk everything. Unfortunately he got undercut 1 play and hurt his back. He had back surgery and has never been the same.

Summer league is not a perfect barometer for NBA success, but it's not bad and I believe it's better than college, where you have multiple divisions and conferences. In the Summer league it's a nice mix of veterans, rookies, 1st and 2nd year players as well as undrafted free agents.

Unfortunately Duke has a reputation of producing underachieving pro players. William Avery, Shelden Williams, Trajan Langdon, Daniel Ewing, Sean Dockery, etc, etc. DeMarcus Nelson played well in college, but against better competition in the summer league he's just another player. A fringe player at best.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Ya But Check It Garlicboy Nelson Would Just Be A Backup Plus He Can Defend & Play Both Gaurd Positions

IamTurboman
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I think Nelson is more of a College player! Maybe he might be an NBA backup.

mavwar53
07-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Ya But Check It Garlicboy Nelson Would Just Be A Backup Plus He Can Defend & Play Both Gaurd Positions

Plain and simple nellie wouldn't play him because he cannot shoot, he has a terrible mid range shot and forget about three's. Ya he has defefnse but is van gundy our coach, I don't think so you have to be able to shoot to play for nellie.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 09:49 PM
He Can Shoot & Play D Plus He Can More Then 1 Position He's Taylor Made For Dub's

mavwar53
07-29-2008, 10:10 PM
he shoots the ball short all the time and he only shot 39 percent from the college three and 60 percent from the FT line while cj shot 35% from the nba three and 80% from the line and not getting a chance to play much and that throws a player out of rythem

oracle650
07-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately Duke has a reputation of producing underachieving pro players. William Avery, Shelden Williams, Trajan Langdon, Daniel Ewing, Sean Dockery, etc, etc. DeMarcus Nelson played well in college, but against better competition in the summer league he's just another player. A fringe player at best.

brand, mag 50, hill etc ain't so bad. u just bad mad about dunleavy LOL and i am too. but battier some of those guys are breakin thru. but I still hate duke mane. boozier n what not. but that acc gots some players. not saying he should start doe.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah & Thats All We Need Him To Be Is A Backup Watson Aint No Better

oracle650
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
^thanx

mcmjy
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Unless I am mistaken and there are two Maurice Evans in the league, with the him signing with Atlanta, we might have the roster space to add both CJ and Nelson if Perovic is bought out. See link for Evans signing

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3510063

oracle650
07-30-2008, 01:38 PM
^this one might be answered. we shall see.

GS_DOUBLE_U's
08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
if nelsons advantage is he's a combo guard, we dont need that. its like having a nine to five when ur a manager u'd rather have good at one thing then ok at two. I think we have plenty combo talent we need a sure fire point who knows wat is expected of him. like a "Jason Kidd" mindset some who will think assists and have great court vision. whether thats cj nelson I dont know, I dont watch summerleague. I think we do have a great backup pg in Williams I think this was one of the biggest moves this offseason adressing that pg. plus I think he will flurish

cali72888
08-03-2008, 02:03 PM
yea i think williams will end up our PG at the end of the season, possibly split time with monte in the beggining, but i think this kid will be the distributor we want. plus he is fast as ****

montaellisfan
08-04-2008, 08:17 AM
i like cj watson to make the squad. he has a really good knack for scoring and getting off his great midrange inside the paint. kid can flat our score buckets. didn't it seem during last season whenever he'd come off high picks and shoot 15 footers he'd make a majority of em? plus nelson cant score at the nba level right now.

bottom line: when it comes down to it, in a nellie system its all about offense. watson can create more. and i think he may end up being the backup pg at one point. im not totally sold on marcus williams just yet