PDA

View Full Version : Fenway to Become a National Landmark

patriotsrock2k2
07-29-2008, 02:16 PM
I noticed a few forums discussing the day when the Red Sox will leave Fenway so I decided to post what I know. During a tour of Fenway last year, the tour guide said that on the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, the club will apply to become a National Landmark so that it will be preserved forever. Thought you guys might find that interesting.

Here is an older story to go with it. Don't know if anything else has come out since then:
http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2005/08/24/sox_seek_landmark_status_for_fenway/

sboyajian
07-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Well of course.. there is nothing like driving down costs than to have the government give you large amounts of money to maintain the national landmark..

Great thinking on Henry's part.

RedSoxtober
07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Well of course.. there is nothing like driving down costs than to have the government give you large amounts of money to maintain the national landmark..

Great thinking on Henry's part.

It'll be more of a pain than you think. I've known a few folks who've gotten the status for their homes. You're hands are completely tied when it comes to making improvements and changes.

sboyajian
07-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Well that is true.. but I think they plan on doing major overhauls before then. There are only so many places they can put seats and if they can put them in prior to that, they'll be set for a long time.

Not that we'll see the savings in ticket prices.