PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Trade Options

-Lavigne43-
07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Posted by Peter Gammons
The Red Sox are not talking about acquiring Miguel Tejada. Boston's talks have been about another Astros player, right-handed reliever Doug Brocail.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3509312&searchName=mlb_trade_deadline&campaign=rsssrch&source=mlb_trade_deadline&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3509312%26searchName% 3dmlb_trade_deadline%26campaign%3drsssrch%26source %3dmlb_trade_deadline

Red Sox are interested again and expect expect to get back to the Royals on Ron Mahay

http://www.projo.com/redsox/content/sp_bb_sean_mcadam29_07-29-08_OSB1682_v12.4126a2e.html

Red Sox eyeing Geoff Geary, Brian Fuentes, George Sherrill, and Will Ohman.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1109736&srvc=rss

Tragedy
07-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I'll take Will Ohman, and that's probably it (Unless the Rockies want to seriously reconsider Fuentes trade value).

nyjets423
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
^^agreed the asking price for fuentes and sherrill is ridiculous and ohman is having a great year with the braves having a firesale the price shouldnt be too high

PapelbonLester
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
i want sherrill hes NASTY.

RedSoxtober
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I'll take Will Ohman, and that's probably it (Unless the Rockies want to seriously reconsider Fuentes trade value).

Ohman's track record does not excite me. He's the best value considering he's club-controlled though.

i want sherrill hes NASTY.

They've already been shot down on that. O's don't want to deal within the division.

nickymintz
07-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Doug Brocail for Coco Crisp

bigmike611
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
The Red Sox need to find a way to trade for Miguel Tejada. I could see Manny, Hansen, and Lowire to Astros for Tejada and Brocail. Then the Sox need to pursue getting Texiera even if it costs giving up Youkillis. The Sox get power to back up ortiz with Tejada and Texeira and bullipen help at the same time. It's alot of moving for players. If there is a way to make these trades happen Epstien needs to move forward and acquire Texeria and Tejada.

BosoxPapi61
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Does anybody have ESPN insider? If you do it say Mahay headed to Boston? I would love to know what that said.

RedSoxtober
07-29-2008, 07:21 PM
The Red Sox need to find a way to trade for Miguel Tejada. I could see Manny, Hansen, and Lowire to Astros for Tejada and Brocail. Then the Sox need to pursue getting Texiera even if it costs giving up Youkillis. The Sox get power to back up ortiz with Tejada and Texeira and bullipen help at the same time. It's alot of moving for players. If there is a way to make these trades happen Epstien needs to move forward and acquire Texeria and Tejada.

Obviously Tex isn't coming to BOS, but aside from that, have you seen Tejada recently? .754 OPS? Why would you be adamant about getting him when he's barely a blip better than Lugo (and at the expense of three players to boot!)?

bigmike611
07-29-2008, 08:16 PM
the reason you make the deal is because Tejada is facing new pitching in the NL and now he gets to go back to the AL where he has completely dominated. Have you seen the sox they look worse then the Nationals lately.

RedSoxtober
07-29-2008, 09:26 PM
the reason you make the deal is because Tejada is facing new pitching in the NL and now he gets to go back to the AL where he has completely dominated. Have you seen the sox they look worse then the Nationals lately.

Except that he's hitting many more ground balls (increasing every year for four or five years now) and his OPS has been declining (.799 last year). Tejada is a declining offensive SS and there's no reason to get him and then pay $22M for him and Lugo next year.

Lord Byron 34
07-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Does anybody have ESPN insider? If you do it say Mahay headed to Boston? I would love to know what that said.

From ESPN:
The Boston Red Sox are looking to strengthen their bullpen and have turned their sights on Kansas City Royals reliever Ron Mahay, Sean McAdam of the Providence Journal reports.
Boston is expected to be in contact with the Royals in the next day or so as the July 31 deadline closes rapidly.
The Royals have held off selling their players thus far, however with the team 12 games under .500 they could be changing their tune.

Can anyone give me an opinion on Mahay? Is he Scott Sauerbeck 2.0?

Lord Byron 34
07-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Doug Brocail for Coco Crisp

Coco Crisp and Craig Hansen for a bucket of balls and a fungo bat. :D