PDA

View Full Version : Sox interested in Tejada....AGAIN?!?!?!

PapelbonLester
07-28-2008, 08:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3508761&name=mlb_trade_deadline

i would be open for a manny for tejada deal and then deal lowrie for some bullpen and keep ellsbury in left platooning with crisp in center and bring back up moss

BostonFan 53
07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Ehh. Not too sure. He's been very good this season. I'd prefer him over Lugo, thats for sure. How long is he under contract for? I think after this season, The SS job is Lowries.

R to the G
07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3508761&name=mlb_trade_deadline

i would be open for a manny for tejada deal and then deal lowrie for some bullpen and keep ellsbury in left platooning with crisp in center and bring back up moss

My first reaction to this rumor is the Red Sox are looking to package Lowrie in some sort of deal, something along the lines of bullpen like Fuentes or Street.

97'bulls
07-28-2008, 08:23 PM
I like Lowrie, I think he'll be very good

nickymintz
07-28-2008, 08:31 PM
A Manny for Tejada trade wouldn't work cause Astros already have Carlos Lee in left field. They don't need two of the same players.

RedSoxtober
07-28-2008, 08:40 PM
My first reaction to this rumor is the Red Sox are looking to package Lowrie in some sort of deal, something along the lines of bullpen like Fuentes or Street.

Last I heard teams were backing off Street b/c o f concerns over his health. His arm slot has changed and they're worried he's masking something.

Personally I'm not interested in Tejada.

Tragedy
07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Tejada likely wouldn't cost much considering he's under contract for next season, so he'd purely be a salary dump for the Astros.

With that said, I'd have no issues at all with Tejada on the Sox THIS year. For next year, too? I wouldn't like it.

No deal.

Greenmonster24
07-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I think it would be a nice trade to add Tejada however I don't want Manny traded for him. He cost some low prospects probably. He be a upgrade to our lineup and shortstop and seems like a really good teammate from what I have seen of him. He not clean of steriods but is a pleasent guy in clubhouse and is real good friends with Ortiz.

astro4life
07-28-2008, 09:37 PM
How about if we throw in Valverde?

Towelie
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
I think Lowrie is over-rated big time. just IMO.

Cronin
07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Lowrie, Hansen, and Lugo?

I would absolutely love Tejada here.

Tragedy
07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
I think Lowrie is over-rated big time. just IMO.
It's easy to become overrated when Julio Lugo is the starting SS. Putting some quicksand instead of Lugo might be a better idea.

BostonFan 53
07-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Lowrie, Hansen, and Lugo?

I would absolutely love Tejada here.

Why would Houston take on 2 SS? Especially one with 18 mil remaining on his current contract?

I think Lowrie and Hansen would do it for them, but not too sure i'd do it. I really like lowrie and think he can become a very good starter.

Lord Byron 34
07-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Tejada: .284-10-49 .322 OBP .422 SLG .744 OPS

Those numbers aren't exactly making me excited about Tejada. I think we're looking at a 34 (we think) year old SS who is no longer on the juice, and, not surprisingly, no longer the hitter he was in Oakland. I would rather bring in a reliever or two (or six) and let Lowrie/Cora play short.

The Intimidator
07-28-2008, 11:41 PM
We don't need an aging, past his prime Tejada, especially if we would have to give up anything substantial.

quiksilver2491
07-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Tejada likely wouldn't cost much considering he's under contract for next season, so he'd purely be a salary dump for the Astros.

With that said, I'd have no issues at all with Tejada on the Sox THIS year. For next year, too? I wouldn't like it.

No deal.

Why, because his name is Miguel Tejada? His 94 OPS+ is a very little upgrade over Lugo's 82, not to mention they both play sub par defense. Once the Astro's gave away half their farm for him that trade just SCREAMED bust, without involving any of the 5 prospects the O's got, Luke Scott alone is out performing Tejada by a longgg shot. Avoid Tejada at all costs, for all we know this guy could already be 37.

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Wow talk to random. PfFT. This makes no sense. Yet again..

-Lavigne43-
07-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Tejada's OBP is pathetic

gcoll
07-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Tejada? No thanks.

RedSoxtober
07-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Why, because his name is Miguel Tejada? His 94 OPS+ is a very little upgrade over Lugo's 82, not to mention they both play sub par defense. Once the Astro's gave away half their farm for him that trade just SCREAMED bust, without involving any of the 5 prospects the O's got, Luke Scott alone is out performing Tejada by a longgg shot. Avoid Tejada at all costs, for all we know this guy could already be 37.

I agree that people tend to get carried away by a few great seasons with the bat around the end of his OAK days and start of his BAL days. His OBP/OPS is not much of an upgrade. HOWEVER, he's got a Rate2 of 106 and has been over 100 five of the last seven years (this year included). It's hard to call his defense 'subpar'.

RedSoxtober
07-29-2008, 07:36 AM
A week ago the Red Sox shot down rumors of a possible deal for White Sox backup shortstop Juan Uribe.

Now, a few days later there's a Houston Chronicle report of Boston having interest in Miguel Tejada, which has also been completely dismissed.

According to team and league sources the answer again is "not interested." The Red Sox have no intention of taking on any of Tejada's personal baggage (Mitchell Report and feds investigation).

The Sox are still trying to acquire a relief pitcher and if they had any interest in an Astro in would be for 41-year-old righty reliever Doug Brocail, who has held righties to a .189 average.

Source: Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/07/sox_have_no_int.html)

Tankjeep
07-29-2008, 08:20 AM
now that he's off the juice, injuries are becoming an issue. avoid tejada, it would be a proposterous trade. plus, i don't see a trade involving manny. just finish the season with him and let him go.

CyYoungPapelbon
07-29-2008, 08:27 AM

i would be open for a manny for tejada deal and then deal lowrie for some bullpen and keep ellsbury in left platooning with crisp in center and bring back up mossI think you are getting caught up in what Tejada was instead of what he actually is now that he's off the juice.

The guy really sucks now and it would be an absolute disaster if Theo traded Manny for Tejada or traded for Tejada then dealt Manny because he felt Miguel Tejada and his .730 OPS somehow make Manny Ramirez expendable.

lil'papi
07-29-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm sure they are exploring veteran SS's it only makes sense. See what's out there and maybe spread some rumors.
I highly doubt they get anything done unless it works in their favor longterm.

lilboytwister99
07-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Source: Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/07/sox_have_no_int.html)

I dont see how Tejada can be traded directly for Manny. I think Manny would cost way more.

Manny can play outfield Im sure, but I just dont see him in an Astros uniform. My only guess would be if we turned around and traded him for prospects. We can trade Tejada for an arm though! I wouldnt mind seeing Clay Bucholz in the mix, although Im sure its not likely since he and Lester are the future of the Sox.

Later yall!

PapelbonLester
07-29-2008, 10:46 AM
i kinda like lowrie but tejada is tejada. Theo's ALWAYS wanted him. id rather just keep lowrie if its going to take buccholtz. i see the sox trading manny, hansen, lowrie ......waiving lugo getting tejada and valverde playing ellsbury/moss/crisp in center and left. but this move would make our outfield extremly weak with the bat. but that gives us a bullpen arm a allstar shortstop and we always go for a holliday in the offseason

Nickday
07-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Theo hasnt always wanted him. He's wanted him once before. That's it. He's always wanted Lugo.

cocossox
07-29-2008, 12:42 PM

i would be open for a manny for tejada deal and then deal lowrie for some bullpen and keep ellsbury in left platooning with crisp in center and bring back up mossI agree but I think its a riot that no one wants him lol so i dont see anything going down :( I want this jack *** off our team so bad but i dont see it now.:mad:

lilboytwister99
07-29-2008, 12:43 PM
i kinda like lowrie but tejada is tejada. Theo's ALWAYS wanted him. id rather just keep lowrie if its going to take buccholtz. i see the sox trading manny, hansen, lowrie ......waiving lugo getting tejada and valverde playing ellsbury/moss/crisp in center and left. but this move would make our outfield extremly weak with the bat. but that gives us a bullpen arm a allstar shortstop and we always go for a holliday in the offseason

Valverde and Tejada could help the team, but I think that trade sounded lopsided to me. I think Astros would get too much, although Im not really sure what Manny's value is at the moment.

What about Brocail? He might also help you guys out.

RedSoxtober
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Valverde and Tejada could help the team, but I think that trade sounded lopsided to me. I think Astros would get too much, although Im not really sure what Manny's value is at the moment.

What about Brocail? He might also help you guys out.

If you didn't catch the earlier posts, the Sox have no interest in Tejada. They have made phone calls regarding relievers, with Brocail and Geary at the top of the list.

My guess is that the reporter made up a story out of the phone calls, presuming they involved Manny since that was the buzz of the day, and linking Tejada since they'd been linked before. THere are a thousand reasons why it wouldn't have worked, the prospects of Miggy and Lugo $22M for their "offense" next year among the tops.

cocossox
07-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I think Lowrie is over-rated big time. just IMO.I think he'll be good not great he imo like a bill mueller type not bad but i wont be upset if hes in a deal as long as we get a decent SS im so sick of the revolving door st SS i've had enough of it.

TDbank24
07-29-2008, 09:04 PM
I would love to see Tejada in a Red Sox Uni. I liked the idea when it first came up years ago. If we can solve our Manny problem and keep our production up with a quality player like Miguel Tejada than i think we should pull the trigger

RedSoxtober
07-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Since no one is paying attention to the fact that both sides have declared this to be a false rumor, I'm closing the thread.