PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Fan Beaten by Cub Fans

AndyDufresne
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
****ing disgraceful, no one should be applauding this. I'm sure alcohol played more of a role than baseball though.

Three Chicago Cubs fans face felony charges after allegedly beating a Chicago White Sox fan so badly at a child's birthday party that he lost his eye, Huntley police officials said.

Robert Steele, 32, of Gurnee said that he went to the Sesame Street-themed party for his fiancee's 2-year-old niece on July 19, where the three men allegedly started teasing Steele that White Sox fans had missing teeth.

"We were going to leave, but they convinced us that they were just joking around," said Steele's fiancee, April Bieze.

The event took place in the home of one of the men charged during the fight.

Huntley Deputy Police Chief Todd Fulton said the four men all knew each other and all had been drinking at the party.

"Alcohol definitely played a role in the fight," he said. "It's definitely a weird situation."

The taunting got worse and more personal as the men drank, escalating into a physical fight that involved all four men, Bieze said.

Steele's nose and orbital bone were broken and he lost his right eye after getting kicked in the face with a steel-toed boot, Fulton said. He has been released after spending several days at an Elgin hospital.

Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla, 37, of Elmwood Park was charged with mob action and aggravated battery. His brother, Jaroslaw "Jerry" Czapla, 31, of Huntley and Maciej "Mike" Trojnar, 33, of Elmwood Park were charged with mob action and battery, Fulton said.

Trojnar is still at large with a warrant issued for his arrest, Fulton said. The Czapla brothers were free on bond.

If convicted of the counts against them, the three could spend up to five years in prison.

"I dont think they'll be friends anymore," Fulton said. "But, stranger things have happened."

Jaroslaw Czapla's number was unlisted. There were no listings for Boguslaw Czapla or Trojnar.

Steele said he will be fitted for a glass eye and need more surgeries.

"Any mirrors I go by, I don't look in the mirror," Steele said. "I don't want that to affect me, to see myself like that."

• Daily Herald staff writer Lee Filas contributed to this report.

cubsneedmiracle
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I guess this is the way that Ive seen kids parties my whole life.. Why is there alcohol at a 2 year olds party?? That really doesnt have anything to do with it, but it just seems odd to me.

Max Power
07-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Just like soccer hooliganism, right down to the names involved.
Except with a cool sport.

kozelkid
07-29-2008, 12:11 PM
it's douche bags like these that make every fanbase look at bad at one time or another.

PunkShizzle
07-29-2008, 12:17 PM
That's ****ed up. Took out his eye? Jesus.

Acronym
07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I guess this is the way that Ive seen kids parties my whole life.. Why is there alcohol at a 2 year olds party?? That really doesnt have anything to do with it, but it just seems odd to me.

Because these guys are about as Polish as can be. Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla? Come on. I would wager that approximately 3% of this argument took place in English, and that was probably "911! I need the police!"

I have a buddy whose dad distills his own home-made super-vodka that's extremely powerful. Might be the same situation, because I'm sure these guys were completely trashed.

Buckwheat
07-29-2008, 12:28 PM
:laugh2:

Err..

How disgraceful..? Booo?

behindmydesk
07-29-2008, 12:30 PM
well this isn't a cubs sox problem, this is a lets be white trash and get drunk at a 2 year old parties, and throw some fists problem.

JayBandit
07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
White Trash Pollacks & Cubs/Sox rivalry...sounds like a recipe for disaster

AndyDufresne
07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
White Trash Pollacks & Cubs/Sox rivalry...sounds like a recipe for disaster

As a Polish person I take offense top this; we can brawl without the Cubs/Sox rivalry to fuel it.

bhcluc
07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Thats terrible...

JimHendrysTummy
07-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla, 37, of Elmwood Park
Jaroslaw "Jerry" Czapla, 31, of Huntley

I guess their other brother, Coleslaw, was out of town.

More idiot Cubs fans, giving the good ones a bad name.

Buckwheat
07-29-2008, 01:01 PM

cubsneedmiracle
07-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Because these guys are about as Polish as can be. Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla? Come on. I would wager that approximately 3% of this argument took place in English, and that was probably "911! I need the police!"

I have a buddy whose dad distills his own home-made super-vodka that's extremely powerful. Might be the same situation, because I'm sure these guys were completely trashed.

Thats not really necessary.

Thats most likely why.

OnWisconsin2007
07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
WOW, that's disgusting.

cubsneedmiracle
07-29-2008, 01:08 PM
WOW, that's disgusting.

You gonna go into all the other fight threads like this and say that? Or are you just gonna come in a basically bait.. Like you have been doing lately.

duder17
07-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I'm a Polack and I'm familiar with the stereotype of stupidity. Add alcohol to stupidity and **** like this happens.

I've been to a few Polish bars and those guys will try to pick a fight with just about anybody over anything. One guy tried to punch me once cause I said something that pissed him off.

All I said was "Tell your girlfriend I said Thanks"

AndyDufresne
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM

:laugh2: to part 1

:nod: to part 2

cubsneedmiracle
07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I'm a Polack and I'm familiar with the stereotype of stupidity. Add alcohol to stupidity and **** like this happens.

I've been to a few Polish bars and those guys will try to pick a fight with just about anybody over anything. One guy tried to punch me once cause I said something that pissed him off.

All I said was "Tell your girlfriend I said Thanks"

lots of alchy = people doing dumb things.

shrek
07-29-2008, 01:18 PM
When I read the title before reading the whole story, My reaction --> :laugh:

When I read the article, My Reaction --> :mad:

My response --> Chop their hands off

Buckwheat
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
When I read the title before reading the whole story, My reaction --> :laugh:

When I read the article, My Reaction --> :mad:

My response --> Chop their hands off

Mine was.. and still is

:laugh:

OnWisconsin2007
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
You gonna go into all the other fight threads like this and say that? Or are you just gonna come in a basically bait.. Like you have been doing lately.

Then get a mod to delete it.

behindmydesk
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM

Dude calm down. He was being truthful it wasn't disgusting. A few cubs fans including me have posted in the brewers igt forum. It's not a crime to post in another persons forum. All he said is wow that's disgustting. If the thread goes on long enough, you'll see many more one word answers or just emoticon responses

CubbieSteve
07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Hate to hear stuff like this. Just stupid, it's ****ing baseball for christ's sake.

CubsGirl
07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Steele's nose and orbital bone were broken and he lost his right eye after getting kicked in the face with a steel-toed boot, Fulton said.

You've gotta be ****ing kidding me.

kingsfan15
07-29-2008, 01:51 PM
steel toed boot to the face, ouch

NorthsideJohn
07-29-2008, 02:21 PM
well this isn't a cubs sox problem, this is a lets be white trash and get drunk at a 2 year old parties, and throw some fists problem.

exactly... as a matter of fact why does the report identify them as Cubs fans beating up a Sox fan? Did this have anything to do with the dispute / beating?

If not then since when do the police ask what team you are a fan of when making out a report? So we could have any number of 'team fan confrontations' ie a blackhawk fan beat up a rangers fan in iowa???

what is this really about? They were at a 2 yo bday party not a baseball game...

Acronym
07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Thats not really necessary.

Thats most likely why.

I wasn't blaming their stupidity on them being Polish. I was blaming their stupidity on alcohol. However, the reason they were drinking at a little kid's party I am definitely putting on the Polish-ness.

I've got no problem with Poles and I love drinking. Unfortunately sometimes it leads to absurd incidents like this.

CubsGirl
07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
I wasn't blaming their stupidity on them being Polish. I was blaming their stupidity on alcohol. However, the reason they were drinking at a little kid's party I am definitely putting on the Polish-ness.

I've got no problem with Poles and I love drinking. Unfortunately sometimes it leads to absurd incidents like this.
I see what youre saying. If they were Irish, Id have said the same thing (and I am Irish)

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-29-2008, 03:23 PM
I see what youre saying. If they were Irish, Id have said the same thing (and I am Irish)

We all know you :drunk: like one

AndyDufresne
07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
We all know you :drunk: like one

What did the Irish guy say to two guys fighting on the sidewalk?

Is this a private dispute or can I join in?

homestarunner93
07-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, I'm wondering why there was alcohol at a 2 year old's party and why someone was wearing steel-toed boots at a 2 year old's party.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-29-2008, 03:26 PM
i can't see the third page....

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
What did the Irish guy say to two guys fighting on the sidewalk?

Is this a private dispute or can I join in?

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll we drink and drink and drink and drink and FIGHT

BDawk4Prez
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Does anyone else wish Ryan Braun was on the guest list?

OnWisconsin2007
07-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Does anyone else wish Ryan Braun was on the guest list?

Guaranteed Braun would whoop these clowns all over their backyard.

And, I can confirm the Polish people drinking thing. I'm mostly Polish, and we love our beer! :cheers:

behindmydesk
07-29-2008, 06:59 PM
In south bend they have this wonderful thing called dyngus day. It's the day after easter. Many cities have it, chicago southside is big into it, but South Bend closes down the town about, with such a huge polish population. It's quite the fun times, every starts drinking at about 6 am if you want, and eat polish food all day.

It's the unofficial start of political campaign season too. This year, both Hillary and Obama came to south bend to dyngus.

LeoGetz
07-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Guaranteed Braun would whoop these clowns all over their backyard.

And, I can confirm the Polish people drinking thing. I'm mostly Polish, and we love our beer! :cheers:

To survive a Braun beating on the street is easy...

1. Drop spare change

2. Run the other way

stuart04
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
****ing disgraceful, no one should be applauding this. I'm sure alcohol played more of a role than baseball though.

I don't care the White Sox myself but that is absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Real Cubs fans would not act like this.

mawp
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM

1. Drop spare change

2. Run the other way

HAHAHAHAH

I don't laugh out loud to myself that often, but you got me.

Buckwheat
07-29-2008, 07:59 PM

1. Drop spare change

2. Run the other way

HAHAHAHAH

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-29-2008, 08:02 PM

1. Drop spare change

2. Run the other way

O wow I really want to put that in my sig but I feel it would upset waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too many people

redbird89
07-30-2008, 01:10 AM
That's just awful.

tking08
07-30-2008, 08:22 AM

Err..

How disgraceful..? Booo?

docfunkenstein
07-30-2008, 09:14 AM
eesh. a little much for a 2 year old's party.

Bearscubs4life
07-30-2008, 09:58 AM

Great point. No need for alcohol at a 2 year olds party,WTF. Put down the bottle for a few hours and enjoy time with your kids. I am sure all people involved are productive members of society and will be missed while they are in the clink. What a bunch of ****ing idiots.:rolleyes:

Milnertime
07-30-2008, 06:11 PM

1. Drop spare change

2. Run the other way
That was pretty good....

I laughed for a good while on that one.