PDA

View Full Version : 76ers come to terms with Kareem Rush

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
The 76ers have reached an agreement with free-agent guard Kareem Rush.

A source close to Rush has confirmed that the shooting guard is in Philadelphia and will sign with the Sixers tomorrow.

Terms of the deal were not known.

Rush played last season with the Indiana Pacers, averaging 8.3 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. He also shot 38.9 percent from the three-point line. Last season, the Sixers were last in the league in three-point shooting.

Rush is a five-year NBA veteran who also played for the Los Angeles Lakers and Charlotte Bobcats.

His best season came in 2004-05, when he averaged 11.5 points a game for Charlotte.

Link: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20080728_76ers_come_to_terms_with_Kareem_Rush.html

This was posted in the 76ers forum yesterday, but it has been seen on ESPN and NBA.com too, according to some fans in the forum.

It's basically official, the deal will be announced later on today.

Coming from a 76ers fan, this is the missing piece to the puzzle, as we needed a shooter.

:clap:

pd7631
07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I can't wait to see this team on the hardwood now...this is gonna be the most exciting season for Sixers fans in a long time, all we gotta do now is get Lou Will and Iggy locked up

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I can't wait to see this team on the hardwood now...this is gonna be the most exciting season for Sixers fans in a long time, all we gotta do now is get Lou Will and Iggy locked up

I agree, it will be.

Should be very fun to watch, knowing we will be competing for a top 6 seed.

dodgers07champs
07-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Nice move..Rush is a very nice piece to have off the bench..the Sixers just continue to become more and more dangerous.

SwaggaIke
07-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Rush shoots the blood. The last piece Philly needed to be a definite contender.

fresh prince
07-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Wow..Big signing for Philly..He was really good for Indiana last year and was clutch for my Lakers in the WCF..This guy steps up in the clutch..

Philly is my pick to reach the Finals

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Wow..Big signing for Philly..He was really good for Indiana last year and was clutch for my Lakers in the WCF..This guy steps up in the clutch..

Philly is my pick to reach the Finals

I don't know about the Finals, but i'm not taking it out of the picture.

My prediction was losing in game 6 to the C's in the ECF.

I'd be happy with that definitally. :p

SeoulBeatz
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Great and underrated signing by Philly.

We needed a shooter and we got one, it's as simple as that.

Andre Miller/ Lou Williams/ Royal Ivey
Andre Iguodala/ Willie Green
Thaddeus Young/ Kareem Rush
Elton Brand/ Reggie Evans/ Marreese Speights
Samuel Dalembert/ Jason Smith

gotta love this team.

4th seed in the East no doubt in my mind now that we have a shooter.

dre1990
07-29-2008, 01:22 PM
good pickup, could be a soilid starter or 6th man

pd7631

If we made it that far and lost I would not be happy...at some point you have to lose the "we're just happy to be here" attitude and start thinking that we can actually do something big. I'm not expecting a Finals appearance going into this season, but if we win 50+ games then I don't want to just win a playoff series or 2, I want to go all the way, and anything less than that would be a disappointment

fresh prince

I thinK you guys match up well with the Celtics which is who you presumably would face in the ECF..

Andre MILLER is too big for Rondo so he would be able to get wherever he wants on the floor. Elton and Dalumbert could trade off guarding KG and make his life hard. And Iggy and Thadeus can try to contain Pierce..

The loss of Posey will comeback to bite the C's if this series happens..

I would pick you guys to take it in 6:

Andre Miller/ Lou Will
Iggy/ Rush
Thadeus/Willie Green
Brand/ R. Evans
Dalembert/ Smith

Thats a deep talented team now

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 01:28 PM
I thinK you guys match up well with the Celtics which is who you presumably would face in the ECF..

Andre MILLER is too big for Rondo so he would be able to get wherever he wants on the floor. Elton and Dalumbert could trade off guarding KG and make his life hard. And Iggy and Thadeus can try to contain Pierce..

The loss of Posey will comeback to bite the C's if this series happens..

I would pick you guys to take it in 6:

Andre Miller/ Lou Will
Iggy/ Rush
Thadeus/Willie Green
Brand/ R. Evans
Dalembert/ Smith

Thats a deep talented team now

I forget they lost Posey.. Good point there.

Also, what's up with House? Did he resign with him or is he still deciding what he wants to do?

AirHead50
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I forget they lost Posey.. Good point there.

Also, what's up with House? Did he resign with him or is he still deciding what he wants to do?

Yeah Eddie House resigned with the Celtics unfortunately...even so the Sixers look a lot better now that we cleared some dead weight and added Brand, kareem Rush and Royal Ivey so I'm not concerned.

KB24PG16
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
he was in good in LA i was so mad when rudy t traded him phil loved him

dre1990
07-29-2008, 05:53 PM
he was in good in LA i was so mad when rudy t traded him phil loved him

yea he was in good with L.A:D

HOZ THE KNICK
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
not a bad pick up but don't it worry yar that he's a jorney man for a reason.

Knowledge
07-29-2008, 06:16 PM
not a bad pick up but don't it worry yar that he's a jorney man for a reason.

Well, he is high reward low risk guy. We didnt sign him for anything significant.

I think he gives us the shooter we need and makes us a incredibly deep team.

BADizzleBoY
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM
we are the top 3 in the east now.

BlondeBomber41
07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
You guys are cracking me up. He is a good shooter but thats it, he doesnt do anything else well enough to stay on the floor.

He will help because the Sixers need someone who can hit from deep, but stop acting like its a huge signing.

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 10:29 PM
decent pick up

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Good pickup I suppose.

_Sn1P3r_
07-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Good pick-up. Gives them a nice shooter.