PDA

View Full Version : Will the Clippers make the Playoffs?

LetsGoKnicks123
07-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I think the Clippers will make the playoffs and be in the Top 6 teams in the West. C'mon they have Baron Davis, Ricky Davis, Cuttino Mobley, Eric Gordon, Al Thorton, Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman---TOP 2 BLOCKERS IN THE GAME, GOOD LOW POST DEFENSE.:clap:

1.Lakers:)
2.Hornets:)
3.Spurs
4.Utah
5.Suns
6.Clippers
7.Rockets-Do 2 injuries as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(
8.Mavs

---Let me know what you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
no. i think the blazers will make it instead of the clips

Er1c
07-29-2008, 11:00 AM
i think the clippers will make the playoffs with the tremandous addition to their line up.

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 11:00 AM
I think that they will, yes.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
they will be fighting for that 8seed

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Blazers vs Clippers for the 8th

Bayless
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

vs

B. Davis
R. Davis
Thornton
Camby
Kaman

bball1217
07-29-2008, 12:58 PM
It will be Clippers, Blazers, Warriors and Nuggets fighting for the eight seed imo. For the Clippers and Warriors, chemistry could be a problem. However, to contend in the West you have to have a good low post game and the Clippers should have a great low post defense. For the Nuggets, they need a true point guard and maybe one more low post player to get to the 7-8 seed range. For the Blazers, again chemistry could be a problem, but I think lack of experience will be their problem. Any of these teams could get 7-8 seed. By the way, I still don't think Clippers are better than the Rockets, unless both McGrady and Yao are both out the entire season or most of it. (At the same time)

fairandbalanced
07-29-2008, 01:10 PM
No, they've got Ricky Davis.

Crunchy12489
07-29-2008, 01:11 PM
No, they've got Ricky Davis.

LOL Exactly what I was thinking! :clap:

LAKESHOW..
07-29-2008, 01:12 PM
no way they make the playoffs but if they do it would be a sweep by the lakers

fresh prince
07-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes..I dont think the Suns make the playoffs this year..I have:

1. Lakers
2. Hornets
3. Jazzz
4. Spurs
5. Rockets
6. Blazers
7. Clipps
8. Dallas

Crunchy12489
07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
1. Hornets
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Spurs
5. Mavs
6. Rockets
7. Nuggets (or 8th)
8. Clippers (or 7th)

Clipps and Nuggets will be battling it out.

dre1990
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Maybe

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 01:52 PM
There a good chance, but wouldn't be suprised if they didn't make it.

fabian11593
07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
It will be Clippers, Blazers, Warriors and Nuggets fighting for the eight seed imo. For the Clippers and Warriors, chemistry could be a problem. However, to contend in the West you have to have a good low post game and the Clippers should have a great low post defense. For the Nuggets, they need a true point guard and maybe one more low post player to get to the 7-8 seed range. For the Blazers, again chemistry could be a problem, but I think lack of experience will be their problem. Any of these teams could get 7-8 seed. By the way, I still don't think Clippers are better than the Rockets, unless both McGrady and Yao are both out the entire season or most of it. (At the same time)

The Clippers, Warriors and Blazers are all making the playoffs.

daleja424
07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
The Ricky Davis signing all but garenteed it... they have no chance of making the playoffs... Wherever Ricky goes...losing follows him!

noturnormalhero
07-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I know the Clippers have had some bad luck and there have been years where they have had hope turn to nothing..but with this lineup and depth..if they dont make the playoffs at all..even that will be completely shocking to me. As long as everyone stays healthy..they shouldnt have any reason NOT to make the playoffs.

king4day
07-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes..I dont think the Suns make the playoffs this year..I have:

1. Lakers
2. Hornets
3. Jazzz
4. Spurs
5. Rockets
6. Blazers
7. Clipps
8. Dallas

I'd be shocked if the Clips finish with a better record than Phoenix. Forget about me being a fan, the Suns have a deeper team and better starting 5 even without Shaq.

AirHead50
07-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Only time will tell, but they have the potential to pull it off.

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I believe that they will.

fresh prince
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I'd be shocked if the Clips finish with a better record than Phoenix. Forget about me being a fan, the Suns have a deeper team and better starting 5 even without Shaq.

Really? i disagree even with Shaq

PHX Clipps
Nash < Baron
Bell < R. Davis
Hill = A. Thornton
Stat > Camby
Shaq < Kaman

IMO the Clipps win every position except for PF..I'll give Grant Hill a tie with Al Thornton because Al is yet to really do what most expect him to do this year. But in reality even that is an advantage for the Clippers..So it should be Clipps 4 to 1 But we'll CALL it 3-1-1 FOR NOW....

The Bench also favors the Clipps for Me:

Cuttino MOBLEY
E. Gordon
Tim Thomas
J. Powell
Q. Ross
D. Jordan

Is a slightly better bench Than:

Barbosa
Diaw
M. Barnes
Skinner
Girececk
DJ Strawberry
R. Lopez (assuming he gets PT)

bball1217
07-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Really? i disagree even with Shaq

PHX Clipps
Nash < Baron
Bell < R. Davis
Hill = A. Thornton
Stat > Camby
Shaq < Kaman

IMO the Clipps win every position except for PF..I'll give Grant Hill a tie with Al Thornton because Al is yet to really do what most expect him to do this year. But in reality even that is an advantage for the Clippers..So it should be Clipps 4 to 1 But we'll CALL it 3-1-1 FOR NOW....
Are you crazy?...
Nash is either better than or equal to Baron, Ricky Davis is equal to Bell, and Shaq is equal to or maybe slightly worse than Kaman. Don't tell me you think Nash (a two time MVP) is better than Baron, that is just crazy, also suns have a better bench imo.
I think it would be

Nash > Baron
Bell = Davis
Hill = Thornton
Stat >> Camby
Shaq < Kaman
Sun bench = Clippers bench (I guess you could call it a tie, but I still think suns are a little bit better)

So, imo, I call this a 2-1-3 win for the suns, but the clippers would give them a great fight . It would be suns in 6 or 7 of a 7 game series.

midwestmadman
07-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I will say that I was impressed with the way they went out and got some guys after the shock of EB's departure. The additions of Camby, Baron, Ricky Davis and still having Kamen I think they have a good shot to make it. The west is tough though they might have a great season and still only get the 8. I also think Al Thorton will be putting up some solid numbers this year.

rriders9
07-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Are you crazy?...
Nash is either better than or equal to Baron, Ricky Daviss is equal to Bell, and Shaq is equal to or maybe slightly worse than Kaman. Don't tell me you think Nash (a two time MVP) is better than Baron, that is just crazy, also suns have a better bench imo.
I think it would be

Nash > Baron
Bell = Davis
Hill = Thornton
Stat >> Camby
Shaq < Kaman
Sun bench = Clippers bench (I guess you could call it a tie, but I still think suns are a little bit better)

So, imo, I call this a 2-1-3 win for the suns, but the clippers would give them a great fight . It would be suns in 6 or 7 of a 7 game series.

Thats probably more accurate, Nash and Baron should probably be tied too though

kvrnm
07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Are you crazy?...
Nash is either better than or equal to Baron, Ricky Davis is equal to Bell, and Shaq is equal to or maybe slightly worse than Kaman. Don't tell me you think Nash (a two time MVP) is better than Baron, that is just crazy, also suns have a better bench imo.
I think it would be

Nash > Baron
Bell = Davis
Hill = Thornton
Stat >> Camby
Shaq < Kaman

bell>davis easily
thornton>hill slightly

midwestmadman
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
You know I wouldn't be shocked if the Mavs don't make it at all, and if the Spurs drop to 6 or worse, they really started to show some age and wear and tear last year and now your going to add another long grinding season to them. I am not saying the Spurs won't make it and I am not saying that the Mavs won't make it (they have the type of owners that will make the needed changes during the season to get better).

1. New Orleans Hornets
2. L.A. Lakers
3. Utah Jazz
4. Houston Rockets (if they stay healthy)
5. Phoenix Suns
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. L.A. Clippers
8. Portland Trailblazers

HOZ THE KNICK
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
if they was in the east but not in the west.

fresh prince
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Are you crazy?...
I think it would be

Nash > Baron
Bell = Davis
Hill = Thornton
Stat >> Camby
Shaq < Kaman

Here we go with the hyperbole on PSD..

Is it really crazy to think that Baron Davis is a better PG than Steve Nash in 2008-2009?

I didn't say Smush Parker..I said Baron Davis!

He''s waaaay better than Nash defensively.. and is a better scorer and finisher. Nash is a more effiecent shooter but thats his only advantage in my opinion..

So is it really crazy to say Baron Daivs is better than Steve Nash in 2008 - 2009?? Were not talking about career achievements... were talking about the better player now!

You cant be seriously comparing Shaq to Kaman anymore...Its not even close

R. Davis is a better ball player than Raja Bell to me... but if you call it even thats fine. Same with Thornton and Hill.. But I guarantee by Feburaury that wont even be up for discussion..Al Thornton is going to be a stud. But since he hasnt really broke out to the world yet its fair to call it even

mac85
07-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Tell it like it is Fresh Prince, I agree with you I actually buy NBA League Pass to watch the Clippers play, since I don't live in SoCal (born and raised in NorCal) and can't watch them on local television, and I agree that Al Thornton should have a break out year and it will help him even more by getting lobs from Baron Davis and finishing jaw dropping dunks, and Kaman should have an easier time scoring with Baron feeding him the ball down low, this is going to be good season, hope everyone stays healthy. The Clippers will be in the top 5 in Defense, and that's how they will win, as for the Suns they still don't have Defense, start making moves cause you can't win with your current lineup.:clap:

Here we go with the hyperbole on PSD..

Is it really crazy to think that Baron Davis is a better PG than Steve Nash in 2008-2009?

I didn't say Smush Parker..I said Baron Davis!

He''s waaaay better than Nash defensively.. and is a better scorer and finisher. Nash is a more effiecent shooter but thats his only advantage in my opinion..

So is it really crazy to say Baron Daivs is better than Steve Nash in 2008 - 2009?? Were not talking about career achievements... were talking about the better player now!

You cant be seriously comparing Shaq to Kaman anymore...Its not even close

R. Davis is a better ball player than Raja Bell to me... but if you call it even thats fine. Same with Thornton and Hill.. But I guarantee by Feburaury that wont even be up for discussion..Al Thornton is going to be a stud. But since he hasnt really broke out to the world yet its fair to call it even

#1Mavericksfan
07-29-2008, 07:15 PM
I could see them fighting for one of the last palyoffs spots.

cmellofan15
07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
1.Hornets/Lakers
2.Hornets/Lakers
3.Spurs
4.Jazz
5.Rockets
6.Mavs
7.Blazers/Nuggets
8.Blazers/Nuggets

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 07:55 PM
If the Clippers make playoffs they would be 8th at best..

BaySportsOnly
07-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Negatory. They're the Clippers. Camby is OK, but overrated and getting old. Kaman is super overrated. Mobley is on the down swing. Ricky Davis is a problem player and hella streaky. I do like Thornton and Baron Davis though. But I think they come up short based on bad defense and not quite enough offense to make up the difference. Even though Camby was defensive player of the year a couple seasons ago, he was on one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, so I don't see how he helps out the Clips D here.

They would have been a lot better if they had landed Azubuike from us, haha.

08-09 will be the year of "The Mississippi Bullet," "The Ocho," "M8E," Monta Ellis, so watch out Western Conference.

BillyHoyle35
07-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Negatory. They're the Clippers. Camby is OK, but overrated and getting old. Kaman is super overrated. Mobley is on the down swing. Ricky Davis is a problem player and hella streaky. I do like Thornton and Baron Davis though. But I think they come up short based on bad defense and not quite enough offense to make up the difference. Even though Camby was defensive player of the year a couple seasons ago, he was on one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, so I don't see how he helps out the Clips D here.

They would have been a lot better if they had landed Azubuike from us, haha.

08-09 will be the year of "The Mississippi Bullet," "The Ocho," "M8E," Monta Ellis, so watch out Western Conference.

Kaman is super overrated??? Is that some kind of joke? He is a good center, very solid on both ends of the court!

sanfranfan1210
07-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't think they will make it

DenButsu
07-29-2008, 11:20 PM
poll added

----------------

And my answer is no, they won't. I think people are making much too much of the Camby-Kaman combo. I don't see those two working well together. Baron is a great pickup, but Baron/Camby coming in less than offsets Brand/Maggette going out, imo - and it's debatable as to whether Ricky is an asset or a liability. I lean towards the latter.

The Clippers team that beat the Nuggets in 2006 had a pretty clear identity: A team that played solid D and executed well in the half court. Now 2 of their starting 5 (Baron, Camby) are players who thrive in a fast transition game but who suffer in half court sets. What will the new identity of this team be? How will it come together? I don't see it clicking well enough to do better than 10th in the West.