PDA

View Full Version : What will be a bigger key to success for Aaron Rodgers?

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 10:38 AM
state why

newdude
07-29-2008, 10:41 AM
U already posted this on the NFL section...why here also?

A, bcuz if Favre is on the team, Rodgers wouldn't be starting.

BrewCityBuck
07-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Obviously having Ryan Grant. Brett Favre could be standing 10 yards behind Rodgers on every offensive play, could be sitting on the sidelines, or watching him on TV from home and it wouldn't bother him.

newdude
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Obviously having Ryan Grant. Brett Favre could be standing 10 yards behind Rodgers on every offensive play, could be sitting on the sidelines, or watching him on TV from home and it wouldn't bother him.

And u know that how? We haven't seen him play yet with all this mess, so lets hold on the "it won't bother him."

BrewCityBuck
07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
And u know that how? We haven't seen him play yet with all this mess, so lets hold on the "it won't bother him."

I just don't buy into the psychological over analyzation of football. Aaron Rodgers is going to go out onto the field, and do his thing regardless of what else is going on. I firmly believe that.

newdude
07-29-2008, 01:36 PM
I just don't buy into the psychological over analyzation of football. Aaron Rodgers is going to go out onto the field, and do his thing regardless of what else is going on. I firmly believe that.

I respect what u believe, but that's why we have a brain. We think, we over-analyze, we have doubts, fear and so on. So thats why I think Rodgers will have to overcome that mentality of "filling in the shoe" b4 he can be successful.

Ryan Diesel
07-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I think the most important thing is that he doesn't get hurt. Everything else goes out the window if he misses another 4 weeks after getting hurt in practice like last year.

hughest4
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I'll say the same exact thing i did in the NFL forum.

"Interesting question but i'll have to say that Grant playing is a bigger key to success for A-Rod. Favre being on the sidelines will create some added pressure but he should be able to deal with that. Last year Ryan Grant was our running game, so who knows if our other guys can step up. If we don't have a running game its going to put more pressure on A-Rod and the passing game. Thats the last thing he needs as a rookie"

BrewCityBuck
07-29-2008, 03:25 PM
I think Rodgers will have to overcome that mentality of "filling in the shoe" b4 he can be successful.

I think that whole mentality is just built up by fans and the media. Aaron Rodgers is going to go on the field and play football. And of course if he fails or doesn't live up to expectation, fans and the media will use the 'filling in the shoes' as the main point or excuse. I just don't really buy into it.