PDA

View Full Version : Bulls and Kings discussing Miller trade

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Brad Miller could be on his way to Chicago for the second time. The Bulls and Kings are having on going trade talks that could send Miller back to Chicago. The Bulls would like to send Forward Andres Nocioni, a future first round pick and Forward Cedric Simmons to the Kings for the former All-Star Center. Although the Kings are pushing for the Bulls to replace Simmons with Joakim Noah. The Bulls are interested in making the trade, but it will likely not occur until Ben Gordon and Loul Deng’s situations are resolved. The Bulls do not want to make any moves until they have straitened out both players contract issues. The Bulls feel Miller could give the team some much needed scoring help down low. Miller, in 72 games last season, averaged 13.4 points and 9.5 rebounds per game. Miller spent the 2000-2001 season, and part of the 2001-2002 season with the Bulls before being traded to the Pacers. More information will be posted as it comes.

http://dabullz.com/2008/07/29/bulls-likely-to-swap-nocioni-for-miller/

Mile High Champ
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
hmm interesting stuff. Bulls could use the rebounding, leadershyip, passing and inside scoring that Miller can provide. Makes sense to me.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-29-2008, 09:36 AM
the bulls will get they azz raped in that trade for a washed up miller. lol

sixers247
07-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Hope is happens to open up some more playing time for Jason Thompson.

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 09:40 AM
i think miller is still good. he could help the bulls at a position the lack

Mile High Champ
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
i think miller is still good. he could help the bulls at a position the lack

yes he does for sure fill a need on that team. noah is better served as a pf, not as the teams center.

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Miller while stiff, is still productive. Unlike the centers that the Bulls have had. So it would be worth it. Nocioni could be expendable to resign Deng. Gordon meh, get rid of him.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I guess this would help the Bulls get into the playoffs.. But it doesn't really make any sense to me, considering they probably won't go far with the core of guys they have, compared to all of the other EC teams that are better..

I'd rather keep Nocioni, a first rounder, and simmons to be honost...

Pierzynski4Prez
07-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Miller is good, but for how long. I'm hesitant about trading Noc straight up for him, let alone throwing in a #1 pick and another player.

_Sn1P3r_
07-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Miller could help the Bulls and by losing Miller, that leaves more time for Thompson to play and progress. It's good for both teams.

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Miller is good, but for how long. I'm hesitant about trading Noc straight up for him, let alone throwing in a #1 pick and another player.

If the bulls have a top 14 pick next year, they should pack it in. There's way too much overall talent on this team. Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Rose, Noah, Sefolosha, Thomas, etc. There should be no reason to believe that they shouldn't be at least a 5 seed in the East. At least.

Mr Wonderful
07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
That first round throw in doesn't make sense to me for Miller. While Noc can get the hell out of town, they can get a better center for Noc and a #1 than Miller.

lakerboy
07-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Why can't you trade Nocioni for Odom?

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
If the bulls have a top 14 pick next year, they should pack it in. There's way too much overall talent on this team. Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Rose, Noah, Sefolosha, Thomas, etc. There should be no reason to believe that they shouldn't be at least a 5 seed in the East. At least.

Take it easy there..
Top 5 seed?

These teams are all better then them in the East:

Celtics
Pistons
76ers
Raptors
Magic
Cavaliers
Wizards

7 teams are better, and there shouldn't be any arguement over that.

EDIT: I do agree with packing it in though if they get a top 14 pick though.

NJrockPD
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM

I was going to write the exact same thing. How is it that the bulls put no effort into getting two great young centers in Meka and Bietrins, but now their ready to trade noci and a first rounder for a 32 year old brad miller making almost 12 mil a year.

NJrockPD
07-29-2008, 10:19 AM
oh his contract expires in 2010 though, now it makes a little more sense.

Bg7getclutch
07-29-2008, 10:49 AM
^Thats the main reason why there trading him. ATleast they get a low post scorer in brad miller.

Er1c
07-29-2008, 10:54 AM
miller is still pretty decent. if he goes to the bulls, he would be productive

JordansBulls
07-29-2008, 10:55 AM
http://dabullz.com/2008/07/29/bulls-likely-to-swap-nocioni-for-miller/

I'd be curious on if Miller would start at Center for the Bulls or not.

rico
07-29-2008, 10:57 AM
i would take that trade. i love noc, but an expiring in brad miller and he was tearing it up last season would be a very nice edition to the bulls.

rose/hinrich
hughes/gordon
deng/thabo
tt/gooden
miller/noah/

a lot of depth in that team.

midwestmadman
07-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Not that I think Noah is by any means a stud player or anything but I think the offer of Noci, Simmons and a future 1st Rd pick is enough for Millers services. If the Bulls are going to be reqiured to give up Noah they won't do it and I would agree with them for not doing it.

midwestmadman
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM
How does this all work with the cap and the salaries though? Isn't Miller making more than Noci and Simmons combined and would the guarenteed contract of a mid to late 1st round suffice the difference? I am think Miller is making about 10-12M a season? If anyone knows please inform me...

Cavs_Fan24
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM
sounds like a realistic possibility
but if Nocioni goes to Sacramento will he play the 4, or 3?
him and Ron Artest play 3 and 4 so who's gonna play what here?

Chicagofaithful
07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Im pretty sure that Brad Miller's Contract expires in 2010 too! That alone makes me say yes...

BALLER71
07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Miller and Noah.
That's alot of pot to go around

Bg7getclutch
07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
^lol...thats true.

Chi-Town Finest
07-29-2008, 11:23 AM
How many sf's do the Kings have???

Bg7getclutch
07-29-2008, 11:26 AM
nocioni can play Pf too.

Chi-Town Finest
07-29-2008, 11:28 AM
In the Eastern conference. He is capable of playing the 4 but it will be much tougher out West.

MassoDio
07-29-2008, 11:33 AM
How does this all work with the cap and the salaries though? Isn't Miller making more than Noci and Simmons combined and would the guarenteed contract of a mid to late 1st round suffice the difference? I am think Miller is making about 10-12M a season? If anyone knows please inform me...

The Bulls also have a $5.4 million trade exception from the Ben Wallace trade I think.

mikeybears
07-29-2008, 11:36 AM
is the bulls smoking rocks brad miller sucks i would never in a million years give up noc for miller straight up and a first round pick hell no thats crazy if the bulls do that fire john paxon

mikeybears
07-29-2008, 11:51 AM
man if this trade goes down i will loose complete respect for john paxon, a future first round pick is crazy,and if you want to get rid of a contract then trade kirk or hughes, noc has a good contract only 37 million

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Take it easy there..
Top 5 seed?

Celtics
Pistons
76ers
Raptors
Magic
Cavaliers
Wizards

True good point. My fault, Brand moved, as did O'neal if healthy. They could easily be better than the Wizards. And the Cavs are overrated beyond James.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 11:56 AM
True good point. My fault, Brand moved, as did O'neal if healthy. They could easily be better than the Wizards. And the Cavs are overrated beyond James.

I do agree with that, and ya, I forget about the O'Neal move myself.

Cavs are overrated too, I do agree, but with Lebron still there I don't see the Bulls stopping them.

I just see this move as a move like the Bulls are trying to compete, and are giving a big part of there future away in Nocioni and a 1st rounder, and not to count out Simmons isn't half bad himself.

I don't like this move, makes the Bulls older when they want to become younger in my opinion.

MassoDio
07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
I do agree with that, and ya, I forget about the O'Neal move myself.

Cavs are overrated too, I do agree, but with Lebron still there I don't see the Bulls stopping them.

I just see this move as a move like the Bulls are trying to compete, and are giving a big part of there future away in Nocioni and a 1st rounder, and not to count out Simmons isn't half bad himself.

I don't like this move, makes the Bulls older when they want to become younger in my opinion.

The Bulls are one of the youngest teams in the league. They don't have anyone on their roster over 29. They aren't trying to get younger at all. They want, and need veteran leadership. I am not saying that Brad Miller is a leader or the answer. The point of this trade would be to clear cap space in 2010. They have Larry Hughes contract coming off the books then at a number of 12+ mil, then adding Miller's contract coming off at 8 mil. That gives them around 20 mil for the free agent year of the god's (assuming they don't all sign contract extentions before then) Nocioni is nothing but a role player. He chucks up ill advised shots. I love noc's heart and intensity, but he will never take over a starting spot on the team. The Bulls need to get it done without Noah in the deal, and having the future first top 10 protected. If they can pull that off, they win big time.

Kings Faithful
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
If this goes throught. It would help both sides

sacgiants1213
07-29-2008, 02:52 PM
if this goes through, artest will be leaving shortly after. they wouldn't start nocioni at power forward, all that would do is slow down jason thompson's development, and it would put mikki (18 million dollars) moore on the bench. artest will leave and noc steps in at sf.

SDBearsFan
07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I'd miss Nocioni, but surely do the trade. Especialy if MIller's contract runs up in 2010. Isn't Nocioni extended for a while?

The Riot
07-29-2008, 03:08 PM
The Bulls are one of the youngest teams in the league. They don't have anyone on their roster over 29. They aren't trying to get younger at all. They want, and need veteran leadership. I am not saying that Brad Miller is a leader or the answer. The point of this trade would be to clear cap space in 2010. They have Larry Hughes contract coming off the books then at a number of 12+ mil, then adding Miller's contract coming off at 8 mil. That gives them around 20 mil for the free agent year of the god's (assuming they don't all sign contract extentions before then) Nocioni is nothing but a role player. He chucks up ill advised shots. I love noc's heart and intensity, but he will never take over a starting spot on the team. The Bulls need to get it done without Noah in the deal, and having the future first top 10 protected. If they can pull that off, they win big time.

:clap::clap::clap: You're spot on.

Catfish1314
07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
This would be a great deal for the Bulls. They're trading small for big and even though Miller is up there in age and his salary isn't very small, he is a perfect fit for the Bulls. He's the Jason Kidd of centers. If he can make Mikki Moore look good, he can certainly do it for offensively challenged Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah.

Can't understand this much for the Kings. Andres Nocioni is a Petrie player, but he's the same age as John Salmons. Neither of them are all that young and he would be the fourth starting caliber small forward the Kings have. They already have Garcia, Artest, Salmons, and Noc would be thrown into the mix. But if this trade goes through, that pretty much marks the end for Artest in Sacramento.

CubsBullsfan28
07-29-2008, 03:33 PM
i dont know who, but there better be more players coming from the kings, otherwise the bulls will get raped. Miller can still play, but he is not worth that much

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Miller has some left to make a big deference so this would be good for the bulls.

CubsBullsfan28
07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
throw in francisco garcia in and maybe id consider it. then trade hinrich and resign deng and gordon. depending on who else the bulls would give up and get for hinrich the line up would look something like this:

Rose/thabo
Gordon/ hughes
deng/ garcia
gooden/ Thomas
Miller/ noah

that line up isnt too bad, but idk if it will fit the up tempo style offense Vinny Del Negro wants to run

The Riot
07-29-2008, 03:47 PM
i dont know who, but there better be more players coming from the kings, otherwise the bulls will get raped. Miller can still play, but he is not worth that much

How are they getting raped? Is Nocioni going to be a difference maker on the Bulls 2010 team? Isn't it advanatgeous for the Bulls to shed long-term contracts now, since they aren't anywhere near contending, for the possibility of signing one of the big names available after Miller's contract expires?

Steve Kerr
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
With Noah, Miller and Jameson Curry on the same team they at least will have some good dope.

CubsBullsfan28
07-29-2008, 03:52 PM
How are they getting raped? Is Nocioni going to be a difference maker on the Bulls 2010 team? Isn't it advanatgeous for the Bulls to shed long-term contracts now, since they aren't anywhere near contending, for the possibility of signing one of the big names available after Miller's contract expires?

i dont know, i just feel like the bulls would be giving up a lot just for miller, and just because we would have money for 2010 doesnt mean we will get one of the stars available. i would love to be able to get one of them, but i really dont see guys like lebron james leaving their teams. i bet a lot of them will end up staying with their teams, especually if the team they have is decent.

Catfish1314
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
throw in francisco garcia in and maybe id consider it. then trade hinrich and resign deng and gordon. depending on who else the bulls would give up and get for hinrich the line up would look something like this:

Rose/thabo
Gordon/ hughes
deng/ garcia
gooden/ Thomas
Miller/ noah

that line up isnt too bad, but idk if it will fit the up tempo style offense Vinny Del Negro wants to run

The Bulls are already winning this deal. If the Kings throw in Francisco Garcia, they'd be flat out raped in the trade.

Kings Faithful
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Well talent wise the Bulls are getting kida raped....with the 1st round pick and everything...but in reality not really because we are giving them a load of cap space they can use for a star player in 2010.

Kings Faithful
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
The Bulls are already winning this deal. If the Kings throw in Francisco Garcia, they'd be flat out raped in the trade.

Omg, your right..i never thought of it liked that..the freakin Bulls are stacked with good players:speechless:! No way we give them Garcia and make them any better.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
they lack scoring in the low post so miller could help.

Catfish1314
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Well talent wise the Bulls are getting kida raped....with the 1st round pick and everything...but in reality not really because we are giving them a load of cap space they can use for a star player in 2010.

The 1st round pick will be borderline lottery. So talentwise they're not losing much, if any. Brad Miller is a 13, 10, and 4 center. He's top 10 in the league at his position. If Garcia were in the deal...:pity:

tonyd3b54
07-29-2008, 04:07 PM
the bulls are certainly better than their record showed last year and i think this would be a good move... all their big men now are retards on the offensive end... but wit this deal im not ready to say anything but that they most likely will make the playoffs if they do this move...

CubsBullsfan28
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
yea, the kings would not do the deal if garcia was in it, but you can always hope:D. but i just dont think Miller would be answer down in the post, and it would be a lot of hope on the bulls part that an all star will be in chicago in 2010. there is no guarantee that any of them would want to play in chicago.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Would be a good trade for the Bulls they really could use a big man like Miller.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
if the bulls make that trade they are taking a step backwards they can get more for noconi and a 1st rd pick.

Kings Faithful
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Idk, they get a top 10 center, the best passing center and one of the best outside shooting centers. That plus cap space for 2010 is pretty valuable...

archangel
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
nocioni is the only player on the bulls bench that brings energy to the game

Kings Faithful
07-29-2008, 04:27 PM
What about Gordon? Doesn't he come off the bench?

The Riot
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
nocioni is the only player on the bulls bench that brings energy to the game

Energy is nice, but aren't Thomas and Noah "energy" guys, too?

ATOMICBULL
07-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Take it easy there..
Top 5 seed?

Celtics
Pistons
76ers
Raptors
Magic
Cavaliers
Wizards

LOL MAN JUST BECAUSE PHILLY SQUEAKED INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND THE BULLS HAD A DOWN YEAR DONT GET CARRIED AWAY THE WIZARDS ARENT THAT GOOD YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE PISTONS ARE GONNA LOOK LIKE BY THE TIME NEXT SEASON ROLLS AROUND THE CAVS HAVE 1 GUY AND THE RAPTORS ARE STILL THE RAPTORS THE ONLY TEAM THAT IS GUARENTEED TO BE BETTER THEN THE BULLS NEXT YEAR IS THE CELTICS OTHER THEN THAT NOBODY HAS A CLUE HOW THE EAST WILL PLAY OUT! DONT FORGET THE BULLS WERE PREDICTED TO BE A TOP CONTENDER IN THE EAST LAST YEAR BY PRETTY MUCH EVERY ANALYST OUT THERE THEY HAD A BAD YEAR, DEPENDING ON WHAT THEY DO WITH DENG AND GORDON ASSUMING THEY COME BACK THEY WILL HAVE MORE TALENT THEN MOST OF THE TEAMS YOU LISTED INCLUDING YOUR TEAM PHILLY!

Kings Faithful
07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Kings better not give up Garcia

"Beno"

bogdanrom
07-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Miller is kind of old, but he definitely helps the Bulls. Pretty even and good trade.

BigEric
07-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow I'd love to see Miller outta here asap!

#1Mavericksfan
07-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Andres Nocioni>>>>>>>>Brad Miller

Catfish1314
07-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Andres Nocioni>>>>>>>>Brad Miller

Brad Miller is a center. They're much harder to find than forwards or guards or anything.

Noc: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist and solid defense in 25 minutes a game last season.

Miller: 13 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists and acceptable defense in 35 minutes a game last season.

Miller is 32, Noc is 28 or 29. They're both overpaid. The difference is Miller is a CENTER and a pretty good one. Those are hard to come by.

#1Mavericksfan
07-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Brad Miller is a center. They're much harder to find than forwards or guards or anything.

Noc: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist and solid defense in 25 minutes a game last season.

Miller: 13 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists and acceptable defense in 35 minutes a game last season.

Miller is 32, Noc is 28 or 29. They're both overpaid. The difference is Miller is a CENTER and a pretty good one. Those are hard to come by.

I know Brad Miller is a CENTER, But didn't the Bulls already have Miller before?... and how did that work out?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 07:25 PM

Centers are very hard to find especially ones like Miller who put up some very solid numbers.

530 raiderhater
07-29-2008, 07:39 PM
dang i cant believe some people on here are saying miller is a low threat, hahahha he is farthest thing from it, although he is a good center, lowpost soring and shot blocking are millers weaknesses, so if we do this trade, then we get are sm to replace artest then we can trade artest 4 a pg or center

JordansBulls
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
A frontline of Brad Miller and Drew Gooden would be pretty decent IMO. It would be about as good as Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler as a frontline.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
LOL MAN JUST BECAUSE PHILLY SQUEAKED INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND THE BULLS HAD A DOWN YEAR DONT GET CARRIED AWAY THE WIZARDS ARENT THAT GOOD YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE PISTONS ARE GONNA LOOK LIKE BY THE TIME NEXT SEASON ROLLS AROUND THE CAVS HAVE 1 GUY AND THE RAPTORS ARE STILL THE RAPTORS THE ONLY TEAM THAT IS GUARENTEED TO BE BETTER THEN THE BULLS NEXT YEAR IS THE CELTICS OTHER THEN THAT NOBODY HAS A CLUE HOW THE EAST WILL PLAY OUT! DONT FORGET THE BULLS WERE PREDICTED TO BE A TOP CONTENDER IN THE EAST LAST YEAR BY PRETTY MUCH EVERY ANALYST OUT THERE THEY HAD A BAD YEAR, DEPENDING ON WHAT THEY DO WITH DENG AND GORDON ASSUMING THEY COME BACK THEY WILL HAVE MORE TALENT THEN MOST OF THE TEAMS YOU LISTED INCLUDING YOUR TEAM PHILLY!

Wow, just wow.

This is probably the worst post in this thread, and the worst i've seen in awhile.

The Bulls are not beter then the Celtics/Pistons/Magic/76ers/Raptors/Wizards, OR Cavaliers. There is no arguement on that.

Last time I checked, the 76ers signed a perenial allstar in Elton brand, signed a good bench player in Ivey, and signed a 3 point shooter and great 6th man in Kareem Rush.

Take it easy there buddy.

MGB
07-29-2008, 09:37 PM
The Artest deal could be a big sign that this trade is happening. Nocioni would be Artest's replacement...

RocketsRule
07-29-2008, 09:38 PM
The Artest deal could be a big sign that this trade is happening. Nocioni would be Artest's replacement...

Agreed, also would create more playing time for there young guys like Hawes, Thompson, Sheldon Williams....

ChitownbullsBG7
07-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Wow, just wow.

This is probably the worst post in this thread, and the worst i've seen in awhile.

The Bulls are not beter then the Celtics/Pistons/Magic/76ers/Raptors/Wizards, OR Cavaliers. There is no arguement on that.

Last time I checked, the 76ers signed a perenial allstar in Elton brand, signed a good bench player in Ivey, and signed a 3 point shooter and great 6th man in Kareem Rush.

Take it easy there buddy.

I agree that was a bad post but to say that all of those teams are better than the Bulls is bull. Werent we the 3rd best team in the east supposedly going into last season? We still have that same team.

Yes you can say these teams are better now but there is no guarantee. No1 thought Portland would win 41 games. Nobody knew the Heat were only going to win 15 games even with an injured Wade. Nobody thought New Jersey could just drop off like we did. No1 thought Philly or ATL had a chance to make the playoffs to begin the year.

The fact of the matter is Unless your the Celts, Lakers, or Spurs; you really shouldnt guarantee a team is better or worse than another team because usually you turn out looking like a fool.

sacgiants1213
07-29-2008, 10:01 PM
deng's signing and artest trade=miller to chicago very soon

DmL
07-29-2008, 10:14 PM
It's pretty obvious that the Bulls are going for the "2010 plan" as us Bulls fans call it. Miller's contract ends the same year the guys like James, Bosh, Wade, Amare, and Yao ends. Miller makes 11 mil IIRC, and If Noah's included, that's and extra 3 mil to spend.

Pretty clear the Bulls want to build around Rose-Deng-Tyrus+Superstar.

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Artest is gone so maybe this makes more sense?