PDA

View Full Version : USA vs World (with Point Spread)

conway429
07-29-2008, 01:59 AM
OK, obviously no collection of current players is going to be more talented than Team USA, but would an all-world team be able to keep it somewhat close?

Team USA (-7.5)

Chris Paul /Jason Kidd/Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant /Dwyane Wade/Michael Redd
Lebron James /Carmelo Anthony/Tayshaun Prince
Chris Bosh /Carlos Boozer
Dwight Howard

Team World (+7.5)

Steve Nash /Tony Parker/Jose Calderon
Manu Ginobilli /Peja Stojakovic
Andrei Kirilenko /Hedo Turkoglu
Dirk Nowitzki /Pau Gasol/Yi Jianlian
Yao Ming /Zydrunas Ilgauskas

I don't know if I forgot anyone, but you get the point... what do you guys think?

LakerzDQ
07-29-2008, 04:19 AM
Steve Nash/Parker/Calderon
Manu Ginobili/Turkeyglu/Barbosa
Luol Deng/Stojakovic/Kirilenko
Dirk Nowitzki/Gasol/Jianlian
Yao Ming/Kaman/Zydruny/Okur

I think the only important dude you missed was Luol Deng, who is a big improvement from Kirilenko tho.

the thing that foreign players got is passing skills. they're not as athletic, strong, but they have a well rounded basketball IQ, as well as good shooting, and good teamwork.

I certainly think the foreign team can give some trouble to the U.S. team, but 8 times out of 10, the U.S. team will win.

Tom81
07-29-2008, 08:46 AM
??????????

97'bulls
07-29-2008, 10:29 AM
That's not the best the USA has to offer though...you put the best the rest of the world has but not the best if America.

conway429
07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
That's not the best the USA has to offer though...you put the best the rest of the world has but not the best if America.

???.... that's your current team USA for the Olympics....

Westbrook36
07-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Steve Nash /Tony Parker/Jose Calderon
Manu Ginobilli /Peja Stojakovic
Andrei Kirilenko /Hedo Turkoglu
Dirk Nowitzki /Pau Gasol/Yi Jianlian
Yao Ming /Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Yao, Dirk, Paul, Yi, and Kirilenko are all soft, Dwight would eat them up

PhillyLuver
07-29-2008, 02:52 PM
With 7.5 spread I think they'd keep it close

daleja424
07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
???.... that's your current team USA for the Olympics....

ya...but some of our best players arent playing... Ever heard of Amare and KG?

If I was making our BEST team... it would look more like this...

Paul/Williams/Davis
Bryant/Wade
James/Marion
Garnett/Bosh/Jefferson
Howard/Amare

conway429
07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Well, this isn't a poll which involves the best possible team, it's a poll involving the USA olympic team... all of a sudden team USA's not good enough for you guys?
I thought of this because I was thinking what it would take to defeat the USA team, or within what spread a team could keep it.
if you want to discuss your "Best" team, then feel free to introduce a poll with them.

sanfranfan1210
07-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Team USA

daleja424
07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, this isn't a poll which involves the best possible team, it's a poll involving the USA olympic team... all of a sudden team USA's not good enough for you guys?
I thought of this because I was thinking what it would take to defeat the USA team, or within what spread a team could keep it.
if you want to discuss your "Best" team, then feel free to introduce a poll with them.

well seeing as there is no such thing as Team World I thought we were speaking in hypotheticals... but apparently I was wrong.

_Sn1P3r_
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Team USA.