PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith Rumors, Yesss!!!

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 01:23 AM
It's probably just a rumor, but it's a great one.
Josh Smith for Brandan Wright, Belinelli and Al Harrington, and possibly a pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/41917-wouldnt-this-be-something

Can you say Contenders!!!

IamTurboman
07-29-2008, 01:26 AM
In a heartbeat!!

IamTurboman
07-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Yesssssssss!!!!

Webelievegs!
07-29-2008, 01:28 AM
What would are line up look like?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 01:31 AM
I Hope The Dubs Make This Trade If They Are Smart The're Gonna Due This It Would Put Us At Like 4 Seed

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 01:31 AM
PG: Monta, Marcus, CJ Watson
SG: Jackson, Buike, Morrow
SF: Maggette, Randolph
PF: Smith, Hendrix
C: Biedrins, Turiaf, Perovic

13 players

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Don't get too excited, this is just a rumor, and more than likely will stay a rumor, but,

Al is expiring if he opts out, which he should and Marco and Wright are, and anther pick by the Dubs may be thrown in.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Sounds Like A Winner To Me

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Don't know why Altanta would want to do this. The only reason would be because the value Al Horford more at PF and like Marvin Williams at the 3.

I doubt Altanta would do this, but you never know. They may be eyeing a big free agent in 09 like Marion.

Webelievegs!
07-29-2008, 01:34 AM
PG: Monta, Marcus, CJ Watson
SG: Jackson, Buike, Morrow
SF: Maggette, Randolph
PF: Smith, Hendrix
C: Biedrins, Turiaf, Perovic

13 players

:clap: if only it were true

likemystylez
07-29-2008, 01:40 AM
ult warrior- if this trade goes through can i get a discount on the bet if I pay you before the season starts :o:ohno:

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 01:43 AM
Did you guys actually bet??? Nobody PM'ed me back. So I'm surprised you guys bet.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 01:52 AM
WHat Kind Of Discount Are You Talking About?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Yes Its True Mr.garlic We Made A Lil Bet

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-29-2008, 02:04 AM
God please let this happens. The Warriors deserve this.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Check this out. I really wouldn't consider us a western power house so they might not be talking about us but at least they're thinking of giving him up.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=99483&id=1057

THE MTL
07-29-2008, 02:20 AM
I hope this is true. Even as a knick fan i would like to see this trade. Josh Smith in Nellie' uptempo offense!

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 02:20 AM
God please let this happens. The Warriors deserve this.

That's a little extreme.

THE MTL
07-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Check this out. I really wouldn't consider us a western power house so they might not be talking about us but at least they're thinking of giving him up.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=99483&id=1057

I would consider yall a western conference power. Winning 49 games aint easy especially cause of the bad start yall had. If you guys had Stephen Jackson to play in those first 5 games, yall probi woul have at least split them which would have put you over the top for 8th seed. Anyway, if u kept J-Rich yall would have made it. Still a Western con. power

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 02:29 AM
We're respected throughout the league with Don Nelson.

With Don Nelson we're definitely a power. Check every team that Nelson has coached for more than a couple seasons. Bucks, Warriors, Mavs, Warriors, he's taken every single team and improved them drastically. Many became perennial playoff contenders.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 02:56 AM
3 team trade would work better.

Atlanta gets: Marco Belinelli, Brandan Wright, Expiring contracts of Joe Smith and Damon Jones, Dubs 2009 first rounder

Dubs get: Josh Smith, Cavs 2009 2nd rounder

Cleveland gets: Al Harrington

GS_DOUBLE_U's
07-29-2008, 03:02 AM
Naw! why give up Wright it seems as of late it is so popular to throw brandens name in trades, I personly would rather keep him n let him n Randolph evolve together. I don't think tying up alot of money in josh smith is smart wen maybe 3 yrs n about another 35 pounds ur lookin at josh smith in Anthony Randolph. 3yrs about the time wen anthony rookie contract will expire n we need to sign him. its great to play NBA live, GM but I think that would restrict the the future of Randolph n wright.

ps the future equals.

sf Anthony randolph
pf branden wright

Lincoln Logs
07-29-2008, 03:05 AM
^ get ready for Garlicboy to rant about how bad Wright is :p

I love Wright though as well, but Smith would be interesting. Don't know if he's quite worth all that money though.

ThunderRoad75
07-29-2008, 03:09 AM
We're respected throughout the league with Don Nelson.

With Don Nelson we're definitely a power. Check every team that Nelson has coached for more than a couple seasons. Bucks, Warriors, Mavs, Warriors, he's taken every single team and improved them drastically. Many became perennial playoff contenders.

you forgot the knicks!! nellie FAILED big there he lasted he and pat ewing did not get along and was out the door it seems as though everytime GSW gets a really team nellie some how has some kinda spat with the star player if u remember nellie started that long drout without playoffs bye not geting along with chris webber if that team would have stayed together thay could have met the bulls in the NBA finals that year... nellie again let baron slip threw his hands when this team was one pf away from making a serouis run at a title..
as for being respected around the league have u herd any of the media out lets? GSW and nellie are laughed at don nelsons do it my way or the high attuide will NEVER get us past the 2nd round of the playoff i for one can hardly wait for his retirement....All don nelson will ever be is a exciteing gimmick

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 03:14 AM
Man Your Trippin If We Can Get Josh Smitn For Bellinelli,harrington & Wright You Take That Players Like Wright Come A Dime A Dozen

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Naw! why give up Wright it seems as of late it is so popular to throw brandens name in trades, I personly would rather keep him n let him n Randolph evolve together. I don't think tying up alot of money in josh smith is smart wen maybe 3 yrs n about another 35 pounds ur lookin at josh smith in Anthony Randolph. 3yrs about the time wen anthony rookie contract will expire n we need to sign him. its great to play NBA live, GM but I think that would restrict the the future of Randolph n wright.

ps the future equals.

sf Anthony randolph
pf branden wright

Wrong Dude, Rooke contracts are 4 years, so we can extend him in year 5 with only 1 year of overlap. If worst comes to worst, you can do the qualifyin over to Randolph for the 5th year.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 03:18 AM
Thunderbird,
Read what I said "Check every team that Nelson has coached for more than a couple seasons." This means more than 2.

ThunderRoad75
07-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Thunderbird,
Read what I said "Check every team that Nelson has coached for more than a couple seasons." This means more than 2.

i did read what u wrote and to make it plan and simple in the 30 plus years nellie has been couching has he ever won? no...hes torn this apart once and he maybe on the verge of doing it again botton line is the warriors will never be a championship contending with nellie running things he needs to go!!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Here's Where I Step In Look Garlicboy Is Wright Nellie Is A Great Coach. True He Hasn't Won A Championship You See Change In Every Team That He Takes Over & If The Knicks Gave Him A Lil More Time To Due His Thang Who Knows What They Could Have Done I'll Say This Much Nellie Is The Best Coach That Has Never Won A Championship & He Is A Offensive Guru

danbuc0101
07-29-2008, 03:46 AM
i did read what u wrote and to make it plan and simple in the 30 plus years nellie has been couching has he ever won? no...hes torn this apart once and he maybe on the verge of doing it again botton line is the warriors will never be a championship contending with nellie running things he needs to go!!

Ur a complete idiot u provide no evidence that he doesnt have the ability to take this team to a championship. Just becuz hes never won, which he has since after this year he'll have the most wins as a coach in the history of the NBA, doesnt mean he never will or doesnt have the ability. What he has done with all the teams hes had success coaching is go in and turn ther franchise around and transform it into an overall better team. Just cause he hasnt been able to pull a doc rivers and buy a championship ring doesnt make him not a winner.

GS_DOUBLE_U's
07-29-2008, 03:50 AM
WRIGHT WILL BREAK OUT THIS YEAR GIVEN THE CHANCE. I JUST FEEL WE HAVE GREAT TALENT ON THIS TEAM ALREADY THEY JUST NEED TO DEVELOPE. ADDING A BIG NAME LIKE SMITH WOULD BE GREAT YEA BUT I THINK WERE JUST FINE NOW N CAN ONLY GET BETTER. I ALSO FEEL THAT WRIGHT IS A PART OF THAT. THINK BILLY BEANE ANALOGY ONLY THE WARRIORS HAVE REVENUE TO KEEP OUR YOUNG TALENT. just my POV. it would be even more fun to watch, but as of right now, Im satisfied with the roster if first tipoff was tommarrow. plus I think we deeper.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 04:00 AM
You Think Wright Is Talented Based On What. Dont Get Me Wrong He's Cool But Josh Smith Is Talented & He's Young Plus He's Proven Something Brandon Wright Isnt. Not To Mention This Is A Good Way To Unload Harrington Also You Know Killing Two Birds With One Stone

*Superman*
07-29-2008, 04:15 AM
Wow, that would be crazy, Atlanta would be stupid to make that trade and won't cause Detroit already said that Atlanta is asking for too much, meaning they would have wanted about 2 starters and Stuckey.

This is a Pipe Dream...

ThunderRoad75
07-29-2008, 04:19 AM
[QUOTE=danbuc0101;6049728]Ur a complete idiot u provide no evidence that he doesnt have the ability to take this team to a championship. Just becuz hes never won, which he has since after this year he'll have the most wins as a coach in the history of the NBA, doesnt mean he never will or doesnt have the ability. What he has done with all the teams hes had success coaching is go in and turn ther franchise around and transform it into an overall better team. Just cause he hasnt been able to pull a doc rivers and buy a championship ring doesnt make him not a winner.

its good to see that u must resort to calling people names for a opinion and the evidence is in his body of work he does not believe in defence and problems with star players all the way back to the bucks and marqus johnson

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Mr.thunder Just Admit You Simply Just Dont Like Nellie So Your Trying Your Hardest To Dig Up Any Negative Info You Can That Involves Nellie. P.s. The Man Is A Legend Stop Hatting On The Man Nellie Ball 4-life!!!

djeller1139
07-29-2008, 05:21 AM
Apparently someone else must have heard the rumor tha was mentioned earlier...not sure if there is any truth behind this, but its obviously not just completey out of left field if someone else heard it...

The details go a little something like this (with some speculation as to how it would fit):

Wolves give:

Rashad McCants (to GS) Rodney Carney (to GS) 2009 1st round pick(s) (to ATL) and possibly a $1.4 million TPE.

GS gives:

Brandan Wright (to MN) Marco Belinelli (to MN) Al Harrington (to ATL)

ATL gives:

Josh Smith (sign-and-trade to GS)

Josh Smith wasn't specifically named in the rumor, but he's the only player on Atlanta's roster that makes sense for a trade like this. It makes sense that they would do this, seeing as how Josh Smith and Mike Woodson don't like each either and they're probably giving him lowball offers. This way they get something in return if he is indeed refusing to re-sign with them longterm rather than having him walk as an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

I like this trade from a Warriors perspective, what do you guys think about it?

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/9584836

montaellisfan
07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
i hope it happens too. it would suck to lose wright and i dont like having hendrix as the back up PF but it would be great to have smith in the line-up. plus i dont mind losing belinelli. i was watching some summer league and his defense is awful. guys just blow by him with ease. josh smith is perfect for us

Thatruth32
07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
wow... kinda speachless sounds like a lot to give up its just everytime i here BW i just think of jrich but i know we didnt that to clear space... but smith is sick but i just have a hard time thinking this would happen... i wonder tho... but i hope it happens smith would fit great in this lineup

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-29-2008, 11:07 AM
3 team trade would work better.

Atlanta gets: Marco Belinelli, Brandan Wright, Expiring contracts of Joe Smith and Damon Jones, Dubs 2009 first rounder

Dubs get: Josh Smith, Cavs 2009 2nd rounder

Cleveland gets: Al Harrington

That's a little extreme!

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=danbuc0101;6049728]Ur a complete idiot u provide no evidence that he doesnt have the ability to take this team to a championship. Just becuz hes never won, which he has since after this year he'll have the most wins as a coach in the history of the NBA, doesnt mean he never will or doesnt have the ability. What he has done with all the teams hes had success coaching is go in and turn ther franchise around and transform it into an overall better team. Just cause he hasnt been able to pull a doc rivers and buy a championship ring doesnt make him not a winner.

its good to see that u must resort to calling people names for a opinion and the evidence is in his body of work he does not believe in defence and problems with star players all the way back to the bucks and marqus johnson

Check that...You're a little extreme!

likemystylez
07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Man Your Trippin If We Can Get Josh Smitn For Bellinelli,harrington & Wright You Take That Players Like Wright Come A Dime A Dozen

I agree.... I wouldnt go as far as saying guys like wright come a dime a dozen, hes a great athlete for a 6 9-6 10guy, and has a ton of potential....

but this trade is really a no brainer, infact its so much of a no brainer for the warriors that its literally unbelievable.

If the warriors were presented with this trade, there would be no hesitation at all. So the people who are saying "I hope the warriors make this trade"... I can assure you that if this trade is on the table, the warriors arent the ones mulling it over ... hehe get it.

GS_DOUBLE_U's
07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
if I can comment on the don nelson thing. Eventually he will make the HOF as a coach. so the proof is in the pudding John Stockton never won a ring does that mean he wasnt one of the best pg's ever?

don nelson also has his jersey retired with the celtics where he lead the league in field goal percentage.

Thatruth32
07-29-2008, 11:28 AM
im trying to not get exicted to me this like some guy just blogging were he said his sources were his friends... i would feel better if there was some whisspers on yahoo or espn or something... but damn this would be nice..

DES
07-29-2008, 12:28 PM
wow...that would be ultra scary.

Jrose0017
07-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Okay so like all of you guys im hoping we can land J.Smith as bad as any1! However he brings alot of energy yes....high fly dunks....defense yes...but cant really shoot..and cant create his own shot...so i think we would b giving up just a lil tooooooo much for him if that rumor is true...who would agree?? Al,Bwright,and Marc0 and a pick? Damn...!

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 01:08 PM

Lenny Wilkens all team leader in coaching wins has never won, neither has Jerry Sloan, Mo Cheeks, Mike Dunleavy, Byron Scott, etc. Every year over 95% of the coaches in the NBA don't win a title.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Lol......

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
I Think Its Worth It C'mon You Know Like I Know That This Would Put Us Over The Top.what We'd Be Giving Up Could Easily Be Replaced

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
When you come out of the trade with the best player it's worth it. You can only play so many players and have so many projects. Getting for J. Smith for essentially Al, Marco and Wright is a no-brainer. Al, Marco, Wright and pick IMHO is also a no brainer.

Hendrix and Morrow are better than Marco and Wright at this point in time.

*Marco is a better ballhandler and passer, but Morrow is a better defender and spot-up shooter. Marco can hit those crazy shots though, fades, off the break etc.

Saltinuts40
07-29-2008, 01:39 PM
When you come out of the trade with the best player it's worth it. You can only play so many players and have so many projects. Getting for J. Smith for essentially Al, Marco and Wright is a no-brainer. Al, Marco, Wright and pick IMHO is also a no brainer.

*Marco is a better ballhandler and passer, but Morrow is a better defender and spot-up shooter. Marco can hit those crazy shots though, fades, off the break etc.

How can you say they are better at this point in time when they have never played in the NBA? Because we have 15 guys on our roster, 3 at each position and multiple players who can play more than one position, we can afford to send three players for 1.

Josh Smith would give us a starting PF, who along with Biedrins would create the quickest frontcourt in basketball.

With Monta, Jack, Maggette, Smith and Biedrins we would have a scary starting 5, and with Williams, Buke, Randolph, Hendrix, and Turiaf, we would have a decent 2nd group.

What this trade would mean is that our two draft picks would have to be primary backups. Don Nelson has never been a big fan of giving key minutes to rookies. We'll see if this trade went down.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 02:06 PM
How can you say they are better at this point in time when they have never played in the NBA?

"Hendrix and Morrow are better than Marco and Wright at this point in time. " I should have also stated that Hendrix and Morrow our better for our team.

This is a fair question and definitely debatable. You can argue Belinelli is better for our team and I guy definitely but that.

Marco vs. Morrow
I watched all of our summer league games again and was impressed by Morrow. What he does better than Marco, is spot-up shoot, rebound and play defense. He is 3 times the defender and rebounder that Marco is. Was Morrow's summer league shooting a fluke? No, He shot greater than 40% from 3 in college and is the all time leader in Free Throw percentage at Georgia Tech. He's got a touch.
Marco is a better passer, dribbler, driver, playmakers and off-balance shooter. We do need playmakers and passers on this team, but if you can't play defense, you won't play much in the NBA. When Douby scored 40 pts. with Marco mainly matched up on him. You know Marco cannot play PG, for the simple fact that he's going to get toasted on defense.

Hendrix vs. Wright.
First, I don't care if Hendrix was a second rounder and Wright was a 1st rounder. Would you rather have POB over Paul Millsap? Hendrix can rebound and has the size and ability to play now. The guy can rebound. Not sure about his scoring and other things, but he can rebound and that is something that is definitely needed on the Dubs. Watching Wright, he got his points mainly on garbage buckets and was content blending in and not imposing his will and trying to dominated. In addition to the size, he lacks that killer instinct.

bigmouth
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
I like Wright, but I'd make this trade in a heartbeat.

tadmanny
07-29-2008, 02:22 PM
How realistic is this rumor? Is it just something someone dreamed up or is it a known rumor floating around? That guy said he heard it on KNBR....that's not all that great of a source.

likemystylez
07-29-2008, 02:22 PM
disecting this trade and arguing over who y'all think is better between hendrix and wright or marco and morrow... is ridiculous. It really doesnt matter whos better and everyone is going to have an opinion on how good they think these guys will be (BTW- morrow isnt even a lock to make the roster).

Garlic boy said it best I believe... warriors would be getting the best player in the trade. Not only is he by far the best player in the trade... hes 22 years old and hes very very good, in all likelyhood he will be great.

A good gambler will take the "sure things" over the "maybes" every single time. If there is one sure thing in this trade... its josh smith being a very good player

Thatruth32
07-29-2008, 02:26 PM

i wouldnt say its a no brainer... but i do agree when u get the better player of the deal its i always like to do it ..... I dont like to give up BW so early but i would have to do this deal.....

Webelievegs!
07-29-2008, 02:36 PM
How realistic is this rumor? Is it just something someone dreamed up or is it a known rumor floating around? That guy said he heard it on KNBR....that's not all that great of a source.

I was listening to Fitz n Brooks yesterday and a fan called in claiming that he read on the internet (on a message board- how ironic) that this trade might go down. There's probably no truthful source to this rumor.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
^Well said.

I do have a feeling that Morrow can be more than just a solid player. Unlike most spot up shooters, Paxson, Kerr, Korver, Garrity, James Jones he's not a liability on defense, the rebounding dept or finishing on the break. I watched the summer league games again, and this guy can rebound(pulled 10 1 game) and stay in front of his man. Last game he even had a nice weakside blocked shot. Also got to love the hustle. No heistation to dive on the floor and get dirty. And like the shooters mentioned above, his shot selection and decision making are top notch. Just realized that a lot of these pure shooters don't like to play with the ball in thier hands, but they always seem to find the open seam and areas in which they can set up for a shot.

Morrow is closer to Dell Curry than the aformentioned shooters, because of his size and other tools he brings to the table. That would be HUGE for him to be like Dell Curry.

As long as he has the shot, Morrow is going to have a place in this league and can become more than just spcecialist shooter.

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/anthonymorrow.html

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 03:08 PM

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Josh Smith is a Base Year compensation player, so I'm not sure if this trade would work. Most likely, we'd need a 3rd team.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#73

It all depends on how much we Josh Smith is resigned for.

Al: $9.2
Wright: $2.5
Marco: $1.5

$13.2 million total.

I think we'd need a 3rd team, unless we want to go over the cap and take Speedy Claxton's contract.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
The only teams that can help out are the T-Wolves and Sonics.

It took 1 young player and a 1st rounder for the Wolves to take back only $2 million in salary. Unless Nellie and Mullie can pull off some moves this is going to stay a rumor.

Mr. 3 Stacks
07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Having Josh Smith on our team would be incredible, but lets just get back to reality real quick and realize what the hawks want for him we cannot offer..... if the hawks were asking too much from the pistons then I think the warriors would have to give up alot more than they would want to. I see something more like Josh Smith for a Lamar Odom, Josh Howard...kind of deal. IMO

cali72888
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
smith would fit perfect on this team.
i would do this deal in a heartbeat, concidering smith is pretty much the same age as wright, but has a very established game rather then a bunch of potential waiting to be tapped.

dont get me wrong i love branden wright, but why keep a player who you think will be good when we could get a 22 year old phenom who is coming into his own at the age of 22 and likley wont his his peak for another 5-6 seasons.

sure smith does not have the body type of boozer that will enable him to push other players around in the post, but we will not need that with his offencive game and his length on defence. he will give us another quick handed player to get steals and challenge shots on the defencive side of the ball, while getting put backs, layups, and dunks on the offencive side of the ball. while its true he cannot shoot the ball very well, i believe that we would not need him to shoot, but rather concentrate on getting rebounds and put back shots from our other offencive stars(Ellis,Magette,Jackson) while developing his shot over the next few seasons working with our coaches at practice and in games where we blow out the compotition.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
I Feel You People Wanna Hold On To Wright & Marco For The Future But I Say Lets Get Smith Cuz The Future Is Now

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Having Josh Smith on our team would be incredible, but lets just get back to reality real quick and realize what the hawks want for him we cannot offer..... if the hawks were asking too much from the pistons then I think the warriors would have to give up alot more than they would want to. I see something more like Josh Smith for a Lamar Odom, Josh Howard...kind of deal. IMO

The Josh Howard deal doesn't make sense from the Hawks. If they don't want to pay Josh Smith $11 million a year, why would they trade for a player that makes $11/year for the next 3 years???

The Hawks seem like a cheap team and only want young cheap players/picks and cheap expiring contract in return.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Salary wise this trade would work:

Brandan Wright, Marco, and Perovic ($6 million in contracts) for Josh Smith(BYC player, S&T for $11 mil=$5.5 in trade value).

The Dubs would be over the cap. Al Harrington for Eric Snow may work, and I heard since Eric Snow is semi-retired, his salary may come off the books.

Picks may also be incorporated, but this is the meat and potatoes of the trade without involving the Wolves who are under the salary cap.

gowarriors
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Apparently someone else must have heard the rumor tha was mentioned earlier...not sure if there is any truth behind this, but its obviously not just completey out of left field if someone else heard it...

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/9584836

Sounds good but I'm not sure how this would work though.

Monta Ellis
Marcus Williams
CJ Watson

Corey Maggette
Rashad McCants
Kelenna Azubuike

Stephen Jackson
Rodney Carney
Anthony Randolph
Anthony Morrow

Josh Smith
Richard Hendrix

Andris Biedrins
Ronny Turiaf

This trade would make more sense if Stephen Jackson was involved. McCants is a shooting guard. Carney is a SF. Smith is a PF. You are talking about losing two PFs in Harrington and Wright for one.

No matter how talented Smith is, you're tilting the symmetry of the team with this trade.

Tmac416
07-29-2008, 03:54 PM

wow lol that is totally insane to say. put down the summer league cool aid.seriously. that statment sums it up. we all know you hate wright but your opinion on him is very warped now.
1. You make this deal but not becuase of your reasons of wright and marco now being complettly terrible in your eyes. you do it cuz its just to good to pass up. however, the hawks would have to send some one else back as well. marco,wrigh and haringtons contract are the bets trade assets we got. wright is a top 10 pick who is valued highly besides many people just not garlicboy. Were not trading all those things for guy who is not max, franchise player at this time. no team wanted to give smith more than 10-12 a year. he would be great fit here for us but he isnt a guy who were gonna dump the ball into. he trys to take his man off the dribble becuase he has never really been a post player.

i think were all excited for nothing. someone calling into knbr to say they heard a rumor should not go this far. no credible news source or beat writer is reporting anything. Josh smith is gonna sign his one year contrqct, and play his as off to be a unrestricted free agent next summer

GSW Hoops
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Don't know why Altanta would want to do this. The only reason would be because the value Al Horford more at PF and like Marvin Williams at the 3.

I doubt Altanta would do this, but you never know. They may be eyeing a big free agent in 09 like Marion.

They'd do it because they're the Hawks! But seriously, you're right about Horford being money at the 4. Having too many talented big men is a good problem for a team to have, so if they were smart they'd hold onto as many of them as they could. But like I said, they're the Hawks, so who knows...

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
This trade would be a killing for the Dubs. I don't know why Minny would want to do give up so much? McCants was a starter for them last year and then they're giving up picks???

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
i think were all excited for nothing. someone calling into knbr to say they heard a rumor should not go this far. no credible news source or beat writer is reporting anything. Josh smith is gonna sign his one year contrqct, and play his as off to be a unrestricted free agent next summer

Why would the Hawks and Josh Smith want Smith to play out his contract and receive nothing in return???

If Smith is not signed long term by the Hawks, he's going to be signed and traded. It's just that simple. Him signing his qualifying is the very last resort by him and the Hawks. Smith may actually prefer to go to Europe for 1 year and get paid over the $3.1 million this year.

PolloLoco
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
This trade would be a killing for the Dubs. I don't know why Minny would want to do give up so much? McCants was a starter for them last year and then they're giving up picks???

I agree. That said, I do have one concern with Josh Smith. I think a trade like this (if true) might make us contenders, but potential permanent bridesmaids. At the beginning of free agency, Smith was arguably the player I most coveted.

However, he's not a big interior defense/offense type guy. Like Harrington, he doesn't appear to have that mindset. Can he develop it? Who knows. Right now he's a finesse player and wouldn't help to patch the Dubs' biggest weakness. IE - a big rugged body to contain the big guys in the west. Yes he gets several blocks, but in general they're weak-side blocks where he swoops in.

On the one hand, I'd be happy to see this trade go through because with his athleticism Smith would fit right in easily and improve our team. On the other hand, his attitude and weaknesses may not help us get deep into the playoffs. Thoughts?

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I just hope all these rumors turn into something. This team would lose depth but gain a better starting 5. I personally dont think AL is that horrible. I think we might be pushing the envelope with this one but its a very exciting thought to have him here.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I just hope all these rumors turn into something. This team would lose depth but gain a better starting 5. I personally dont think AL is that horrible. I think we might be pushing the envelope with this one but its a very exciting thought to have him here.

I don't think Al is horrible. I mean he was our best 3 pt shooter from 3 last year. My contention is that Al will be a Free agent at the end of the year, so why not get something for him, even if it is just a 2nd rounder. I also beleive we have players who can fill in :Turiaf, Randolph, Wright, although none of them bring the shooting that Al brings from 3 pt. land, Randolph can spread the floor and play on the wing just as good if not better than Al right now becaue of his dribbling and passing ability.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 04:40 PM
I agree. That said, I do have one concern with Josh Smith. I think a trade like this (if true) might make us contenders, but potential permanent bridesmaids. At the beginning of free agency, Smith was arguably the player I most coveted.

However, he's not a big interior defense/offense type guy. Like Harrington, he doesn't appear to have that mindset. Can he develop it? Who knows. Right now he's a finesse player and wouldn't help to patch the Dubs' biggest weakness. IE - a big rugged body to contain the big guys in the west. Yes he gets several blocks, but in general they're weak-side blocks where he swoops in.

On the one hand, I'd be happy to see this trade go through because with his athleticism Smith would fit right in easily and improve our team. On the other hand, his attitude and weaknesses may not help us get deep into the playoffs. Thoughts?

I have also been feeling that Josh Smith is ovrerated, because he has no post game and I'm not sure how his 1 on 1 post defense is. I can honestly say that I have not seen that guy play other than when they played the Dubs, and he doesn't seem like a similar type player, although better to what we have in Ranolph and Wright right now. (Although Randolph has a chance of being better or 1 or 2 years).

Although we may be better off just saving our money, Josh Smith is only 22 and you have to take a risk at times to get to that next level. Being under the cap with Josh Smith would be INSANE, as the cap grows and Jacks come's off the books, we would still be able to sign a free agent or make a trade with the players we have.

Jimmy3702
07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Do it instantly. Would love to shed Harrington's contract. With Buike coming back Belenelli wont find much playing time & Hendrix & Randolph can fill in for Wright. Plus we get a great force in Josh Smith.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Those Guy S Can Be Replaced & 3 Out Of 4 Aint Bad

Joe505
07-29-2008, 05:04 PM
PG-Williams
SG-Ellis
C-Biedrins = 4th seed!
PF-Smith
SF-Jackson
6th-Maggette

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I Due Think That Jack Should Be At Sf But Having Mag50 On The Bench You're Tripping You Cant Be Serious & Williams Is A Backup

Leadoffman9
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
PG-Williams
SG-Ellis
C-Biedrins = 4th seed!
PF-Smith
SF-Jackson
6th-Maggette

Maggette is not going to be the 6th man!!! he is not gettin' paid 10 milli to come off the bench! come on...

danbuc0101
07-29-2008, 05:18 PM
If anyone is gonna be sixth man it should be jack coming off the bench, maggete is better than jax very easily.

djeller1139
07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I think this is our best chance to improve. Smith is 22 and would give us not only a very exciting/fast paced team, but a very competetive one. If Josh Smith could handle Kevin Garnett in a 7 game series and average 15.7ppg, 6.4rpg, and 2.9 bpg against the leagues best offenese, and score on one of the leagues best defenders, then he would do fine in the West. We would be able to throw out such a ridiculously young team if we traded for Smith...i can't even imagine what our average age would be (somewhere around 25-27?!?). Warriors should pull off a deal like this, even if it means goodbye to Wright and Bellinelli, it's worth it.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Hell Naw Jack Is A Starter He's A Pure Sf

tadmanny
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I have been listening to fitz on knbr all day and they havent mentioned anything about smith. just cause people r talking about it in a forum doesnt mean its actually happening. im not going to get my hopes up until i actually see that we r active with this.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I think this is our best chance to improve. Smith is 22 and would give us not only a very exciting/fast paced team, but a very competetive one. If Josh Smith could handle Kevin Garnett in a 7 game series and average 15.7ppg, 6.4rpg, and 2.9 bpg against the leagues best offenese, and score on one of the leagues best defenders, then he would do fine in the West. We would be able to throw out such a ridiculously young team if we traded for Smith...i can't even imagine what our average age would be (somewhere around 25-27?!?). Warriors should pull off a deal like this, even if it means goodbye to Wright and Bellinelli, it's worth it.

I'd even throw in a lottery protected first next year.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I have been listening to fitz on knbr all day and they havent mentioned anything about smith. just cause people r talking about it in a forum doesnt mean its actually happening. im not going to get my hopes up until i actually see that we r active with this.

The thread states, it's just a rumor, but Sekou Smith has reported that Smith is on the block, and most trades and signing come out of left field. Examples: Ronnie Turiaf, Mo Evans. I don't think anybody mentioned this, one person about Mo Evans, but he has connections.

Some Written Rumors/Facts:
1.) Wolves need some money to get to the league minimum in salary
2.) Wolves have stated that they want to trade some of their first round picks next year for established players/veterans
3.) Josh Smith is on the block because Atlanta doesn't want to pay him.

Whether Minnesota is interested in Wright and Belinelli is anybody's guess. The longer the Josh Smith rumors go, the stronger the possibility of landing him. We have some nice trading chips in Wright, Belinelli and Al(PO expiring).

GS_DOUBLE_U's
07-29-2008, 06:53 PM

they did speak on it someone called in with the same proposal as a Q the didnt entertain the fact of it being legit but they said they(fitz n brooks) would do it in a heartbeat. fitz even added that he would even throw in a draft pick. this was around 1:00

tadmanny
07-29-2008, 07:17 PM
hmm...that's probably just someone from one of the forums asking about it. I don't think the actual rumor has a great source to back it up and thats why im skeptical about it. They have most of the inside info from the team and wouldve said something to back it up, not just whether they would do it or not.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 07:37 PM
^Yeah, this is most likely a rumor that will stay a rumor.

As great a player as Josh Smith is, I don't think he fills the needs that the Dubs lack. Sure, he can run, jump and is athletic can rebound and block shots. But defensively, can he match up physically with other Power Forwards? In the playoffs, it was Horford who stepped up instead of Josh Smith whose rebounding declined to 6 rebs a game. However, as far as help defense and shot blocking, this guy is only getting better and he's already top notch at 22 years of age.

Offensively Smith has no shot and he can't drive. Right now Anthony Randolph is already better than Smith at passing, dribbling, shooting, post offense and playmaking at the 3/4 positions.

garlicboy
07-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Hawks just signed Free agent Randolph Morris. Interesting. They have Zaza, Morris and Horford at the 5/4.

A little more evidence Smith is on the way out??? Possibly. They also signed 2/3 Mo Evans for 3 years.

Hawks roster without Josh Smith.
PG: Bibby, Law, Speedy
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Marvin Williams, Evans
PF: Horford
C: Zaza, Morris

Warriors#1
07-29-2008, 07:59 PM
PG-Williams
SG-Ellis
C-Biedrins = 4th seed!
PF-Smith
SF-Jackson
6th-Maggette

Williams is definetly not going to be a starter.Maggette is going to start over him.Were definetly not paying him 10 million to come off the bench.MOnta ellis going to play our point

esscobar05
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
There are many pluses and minuses about this potential deal... I think that either way the Dubz are a playoff team (IF Nellie plays the bench correctly). Last season he did not give the bench time to become players.. We have a stronger bench this season and we can easily go 10 deep with the team that we have now.. If we did get Smith it would take away from the bench but the starting 5 plus the next 3 off the bench would be something... I kind of want it to happen but I don't think that it is that much of a big deal.. The clog for me would be giving a #1 pick along with 3 past 1st rd draft picks... It's a lot...

ridere46
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
i wouldn't even blink! trade for JSmith NOW!

gswarriors09
07-29-2008, 10:43 PM
if josh smith gets traded to an other team besides us i rather have it go to an eastern conference team.the west is just tooooo goood!

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-29-2008, 11:21 PM
I'd throw a draft pick in here just to make the hawks think about it more...

If we pick up Smith I think its a def we are in the playoffs...

We would be contending for now and the future...

gowarriors
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
If we do manage to pull off a trade and acquire Josh Smith and lose Harrington, belinelli and Wright in the process, then you all realize that we will have to obtain another Pf via unrestricted free agency.

Unless you want to resign Croshere again, which i don't think is a good idea.

So, with that being said, is anyone familiar with Earl Barron's game over with the Heat. He's 2 years out of Memphis, 7-0 235 and seems to be someone who can run the floor well. he started 15 games for the Heat and put up decent numbers considering limited playing time.

If this Smith trade with the Hawks miraculously happens, then I'd suggest pursuing this guy as some big body insurance.

Any comments on this are welcome

BigWheel
07-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Why would we need another PF if we trade Harrington & B Wright?

Harrington was never a good fit at the PF spot and BW was never really a factor last year except for a few nice throwdowns.

The W's did pick up several big bodies this offseason: Ronny Turiaf and Richard Hendrix.

That would give us FOUR more sizable bodies than we had the last TWO years:

Beidrins
Turiaf
Josh Smith
Richard Hendrix

We also have may have Perovic on our squad.

So why would we need a Sixth Big man on our team for????????

gowarriors
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
at 6-9 225 Smith is hardly your prototypical PF

I think Hendrix was a great addition to the team, but as of right now he's an unproven entity on the NBA level

I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with Barron's game, either from watching D-league or his time with the Heat

likemystylez
07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
at 6-9 225 Smith is hardly your prototypical PF

I think Hendrix was a great addition to the team, but as of right now he's an unproven entity on the NBA level

I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with Barron's game, either from watching D-league or his time with the Heat

prototypical power forward????? For crying out loud, the warriors run 4 gaurds and a small forward half the time. The last two forwards they have drafted have weighed less than 200 lbs each.

When was the last time don nelson has ever done ANYTHING the prototypical way. Your post actually made me feel even stronger that josh smith would be perfect for this team.

Barron wouldnt help us much more than mbenga did last yr. Id rather give the minutes to perovic... but it doesnt matter all that much.

John408
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
JSmith would be great because he can run...He's not a true PF but can run like a gazelle....He has body of borderline sf/PF. Lengthy but most important can run..score...block shots....rebound...he'd be perfect.

Trade for him now.

gowarriors
07-30-2008, 01:43 PM
prototypical power forward????? For crying out loud, the warriors run 4 gaurds and a small forward half the time. The last two forwards they have drafted have weighed less than 200 lbs each.

When was the last time don nelson has ever done ANYTHING the prototypical way. Your post actually made me feel even stronger that josh smith would be perfect for this team.

Barron wouldnt help us much more than mbenga did last yr. Id rather give the minutes to perovic... but it doesnt matter all that much.

What's your problem?

Give time to Perovic?

That's your best answer?

How about answering my original question.

There is this thing in the NBA, it's called Unforseen Injury.

Wouldn't it be prudent to prepare for the unthinkable?

If you are all so willing to trade Harrington and Wright, you need to replace them.

likemystylez
07-30-2008, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=gowarriors;6069359]What's your problem? I dont have a problem, was just responding to the post.

Give time to Perovic? As long as your thinking about going after 3rd string centers who wont impact the game

That's your best answer? Wasnt your original question about what we thought about earl barron. Hes ok, hes nothing special, he isnt anything more than what we already have in parovic

How about answering my original question.

There is this thing in the NBA, it's called Unforseen Injury.

Wouldn't it be prudent to prepare for the unthinkable? Personally I would rather address the problems that are already there BEFORE the problems that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT come in time. Right now , the warriors have a real problem of losing their superstar, and im not sure they have replaced him with another star on the roster. Josh smith has a legit chance to be a superstar.... and he fits the warriors system perfectly

If you are all so willing to trade Harrington and Wright, you need to replace them. Wright wasnt in the rotation, and played sparingly. Between randolph, hendrix, and turiaf.... his minutes will be "replaced". Harrington would be replaced by josh smith. Hes younger, more athletic, stronger, and has a way better upside.

To be honest I feel a bit foolish trying to justify this trade. Its almost like trying to justify the tade for baron davis.... because we didnt get a big body to replace dale davis.... and speedy had heart and bla bla.

Both trades are no brainers.... infact this one is so much of a no brainer that im not even sure I believe it is real.

djeller1139
07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Found this in the Hawks Forum...looks like bad news for the Warriors :sigh:

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...ket_value.html

THE ORIGINAL AL H: If you didn’t know the power of this blog, you will now.

While baking last night at the Campbell Middle School football field (watching the Smyrna Spartans opening practice, long story, tell you later) my cell phone rings and former Hawks captain Al Harrington is on the line.

He’s calling from Vegas to find out if what he’s heard is true, that I wrote a story about him being traded back to the Hawks in a package for Josh Smith.

After we laughed and clowned for a couple of minutes I reassured Al that I wrote nothing of the sort. I explained to him that what he was talking about was a conversation that originated here, strictly a hypothetical conversation cooked up by the world’s greatest bloggers (I saw the 600 posts last week and then we bang out almost 400 more on Switching lanes - y’all are some monsters. And I love the diversity of opinion, that’s what makes this place fun to hang out in).

The writer in the Bay Area that relayed to him that a story about the trade was written by me has to answer to me later - dude already owes me $178 for getting my rental car impounded on a Western Conference road trip a couple years back, so he’s on thin ice with me as it is.

But for the record, and for the sake of Al’s mental health, I’ve neither written nor heard anything of the sort regarding him being traded to the Hawks. He won’t have to deal with us again. Ha.

Nothing has changed, however, on those potential sign-and-trades I mentioned Saturday. There are still a number of them in circulation, the specifics of which I can’t speak on because like all sign-and-trades, they’re in the conversation stage and nobody wants to admit what they’re doing behind closed doors.

And nothing has changed on an expected DOR (date of resolution) between the Hawks and Smith. We’re steaming toward the middle of August, the usual time for the Hawks to wrap up their summer business.

So don’t lose your edge now. We’ve got a few more weeks of this back and forth.

likemystylez
07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Found this in the Hawks Forum...looks like bad news for the Warriors :sigh:

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...ket_value.html

thanks for killing the buzz man! We all had to know this was just a rumor, but isnt it fun to get caught up in a dream. Ignorance is bliss!

Imma start a new one, and lets go and ride it ok. I jus wanted tell yall that im secretly seeing jessica alba. If we blog about it enough, maybe it will come true.

likemystylez
07-30-2008, 04:55 PM
the sad part is... this is going to be thought of as yet another deal Mullin couldnt get done.

Thatruth32
07-30-2008, 05:08 PM
thanks for killing the buzz man! We all had to know this was just a rumor, but isnt it fun to get caught up in a dream. Ignorance is bliss!

Imma start a new one, and lets go and ride it ok. I jus wanted tell yall that im secretly seeing jessica alba. If we blog about it enough, maybe it will come true.

couldnt get the link to work.. im guessing its saying the rumor was bs?

Thatruth32
07-30-2008, 05:09 PM
o ok i see the story up top now were u posted it

hockeypro68
07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
It's probably just a rumor, but it's a great one.
Josh Smith for Brandan Wright, Belinelli and Al Harrington, and possibly a pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/41917-wouldnt-this-be-something

Can you say Contenders!!!

The second i read the line in the article "The Clippers are still the Clippers, so its left to Golden State"... I stopped reading. The Clippers are certainly not "still the Clippers." I think adding Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, and Ricky Davis, along with promising draft picks in Eric Gordon and DeAndre Jordon, the Clippers have never looked so good to me.

Sure, I love the warriors, and I'd love for this deal to go through so they get Josh Smith. I'm more interested in Monta Ellis' progression next season, taking over the point guard position full time. I think he can really be something special. He can easily be as good as B.Diddy some day.

garlicboy
07-30-2008, 05:18 PM

If we look at some of the trades/signings that have gone down this summer,
Ron Artest to Rockets, Rush for Bayless, Maggette in the Bay, Childress in Greece, Camby to the Clips all of these came out of the blue.

Point being, most rumors you read by the websites and writers are just that rumors. Truth is, nobody really knows what can happen, but we can research and make some educated guesses which is the fun part.

I think we have a good shot at Josh Smith if we really wanted him because of what we can offer; Belinelli, Wright and expiring contract of Perovic and Al (if he opts out).

garlicboy
07-30-2008, 05:21 PM
The second i read the line in the article "The Clippers are still the Clippers, so its left to Golden State"... I stopped reading. The Clippers are certainly not "still the Clippers." I think adding Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, and Ricky Davis, along with promising draft picks in Eric Gordon and DeAndre Jordon, the Clippers have never looked so good to me.

Sure, I love the warriors, and I'd love for this deal to go through so they get Josh Smith. I'm more interested in Monta Ellis' progression next season, taking over the point guard position full time. I think he can really be something special. He can easily be as good as B.Diddy some day.

Yeah, but let's see how the B-Diddy and Mike Dunleavy relationship works out. It should be interesting.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I Was Watching Espn News & Chris Brousard Said That More Then Likely Josh Smith Would Sign A 1 Year Qualifying Offer With The Hawks Then Next Year We Would Open To Anyone Out There

danbuc0101
07-30-2008, 05:29 PM
yeah and have fun with BD actually trying his hardest, you just gave him a huge contract and the guy didnt even show up for practice in the first place. The main reason he played so well in GS is he was trying to reserect his career, and he stayed healthy but i highly highly doubt that he will stay healthy and believe me with him being the hollywood type of guy im positive that BD in LA is just a time bomb waitin to errupt.

garlicboy
07-30-2008, 05:39 PM
^Agreed!!! B-Diddy ain't no spring chicken.

Thatruth32
07-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah, but let's see how the B-Diddy and Mike Dunleavy relationship works out. It should be interesting.

on top of that.. they also lost correy and brand.... i would take correy and brand any day over .. baron .. rickey davis .. and camby

gordon could be good but remember how good sean livingston was suppsoed to be?

Thatruth32
07-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I Was Watching Espn News & Chris Brousard Said That More Then Likely Josh Smith Would Sign A 1 Year Qualifying Offer With The Hawks Then Next Year We Would Open To Anyone Out There

good info thx.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Fasho

chunj22
07-30-2008, 06:07 PM
I like Josh Smith, but will he really help the Warriors lineup? I think he is more of a big guard/small forward and not a Power Forward, which Brandon Writght will eventually settle.

I think we have enough guards and small fowards. I say let the young guys play!

Warriorsforlife
07-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I wish people would quit saying brandon write is gonna do this and that. i just dont see it. i actually think he's a bust. hopefully im wrong.

danbuc0101
07-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Is ther a deadline or a estimated time for wen restricted free agents must be signed or wen the hawks want this to get done.

garlicboy
07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
I wish people would quit saying brandon write is gonna do this and that. i just dont see it. i actually think he's a bust. hopefully im wrong.

I completely agree.

I like Josh Smith, but will he really help the Warriors lineup? I think he is more of a big guard/small forward and not a Power Forward, which Brandon Writght will eventually settle.

I think we have enough guards and small fowards. I say let the young guys play!

Brandan Wright doesn't compare to Josh Smith. Josh Smith has averaged 2.8 blocks and over 8 boards the past 2 years(he's been doing 2 blocks a game in the NBA since age 18). Brandan Wright couldn't get these stats in summer league, how's he going to do anything against all the All Star PF's in the West; Dirk, West, Camby, Boozer, Amare, Duncan. Most Power Forwards in the league are longer, taller and stronger. There's a huge misconception about Wright being super long and tall. In fact he's not longer or taller than Anthony Randolph. His reach and wingspan are only a 1/2 longer than Richard Hendrix. Here's a link.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=All&sort2=ASC&draft=0&sort=

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/josh_smith/career_stats.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brandan_wright/index.html

ULT WARRIOR408
07-30-2008, 08:36 PM
No

Mr. 3 Stacks
07-30-2008, 09:19 PM
ok so first i would like to apologize for saying that Josh Smith coming to the Warriors is a fantasy, because now with the Rockets acquiring Ron Artest, I would think now that the warriors should definitely make a move, no questions asked... DO WHAT IT TAKES GS. This guy is an absolute freak at 6"9 and a perfect fit in our system. Wright, Belinelli and HArrington fine by me, i will take nba proven over nba potential any day. I think GS is going to have to up the ante cause ATL is acting pretty stubborn about the whole situation.

lincecum=future
07-31-2008, 02:44 AM
Wright, Bellinelli, Harrington for Josh Smith and then sign Josh Powell who just got cut to be the backup PF. I'd be all for that.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Wright, Bellinelli, Harrington for Josh Smith and then sign Josh Powell who just got cut to be the backup PF. I'd be all for that.

I liked Powell too. Now if only we could convince Mully:pray:!

GS_DOUBLE_U's
08-01-2008, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=chunj22;6073394]I like Josh Smith, but will he really help the Warriors lineup? I think he is more of a big guard/small forward and not a Power Forward, which Brandon Writght will eventually settle.
I think we have enough guards and small fowards. I say let the young guys play]

AMEN!!! enough of this offseason free agent fever. Anthony can potentialy be better then josh smith branden wright is young n obviously unwanted. but still we look good for the future. I think we are all gettin a tad bit spoiled with this signing stuff.

likemystylez
08-01-2008, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=chunj22;6073394]I like Josh Smith, but will he really help the Warriors lineup? I think he is more of a big guard/small forward and not a Power Forward, which Brandon Writght will eventually settle.
I think we have enough guards and small fowards. I say let the young guys play]

AMEN!!! enough of this offseason free agent fever. Anthony can potentialy be better then josh smith branden wright is young n obviously unwanted. but still we look good for the future. I think we are all gettin a tad bit spoiled with this signing stuff.

what are we suppose to talk about on these boards then? lol we all want to be gms. nothing we say is going to inspire any trades, so whats the harm in getting creative....

ok now that we have the voice of reason out of the room, lets get back to being gms.
so whos up for trading perovic and hendrix for lebron? Its only fair!

likemystylez
08-01-2008, 12:32 AM
ps that trade idea was a joke- dont rip me too hard hehe

ULT WARRIOR408
08-01-2008, 01:35 AM
It Wasnt A Bad Fantasy But In The Land Of Reality I Guess Your Wright

IversonIsKrazy
08-01-2008, 01:49 AM
if this happens, u guys r going to b dangerous.

PG: Ellis (17ppg)
SG: Captian Jack (20ppg)
SF: C-Magget (22ppg)
PF: J Smoove (15ppg)
C: Biedrins (16ppg)

Build up ur bench a little and u guys can b a huge threat in the west. but if ur bench stays the way it is, i dont c u guys going higher than a 7th seed.

danbuc0101
08-01-2008, 02:31 AM
we already built up our bench so if this goes down were all set.

djeller1139
08-02-2008, 02:56 AM
Mullin lacks the man parts to pull off a trade like this

garlicboy
08-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Mullin lacks the man parts to pull off a trade like this

Youth, talent and cheap contract: Brandan Wright and Marco Belinelli

Large (almost) expiring contract: Al Harrington

Small expiring contract: Kosta Perovic

Rights to young talent: CJ Watson

There's a lot of parts here to make a deal. We also have the rights to Anthony Morrow, but I would not trade this guy. He can prove to be one of the best spot up shooters in the game, but with added athleticism to defend and finish in transistion.

Jibonnie125
08-02-2008, 11:56 AM
They should jump on this trade, even give up a first round pick if it gets the deal done. If the warriors could land him and sign him to a long term deal then much of the startingh lineup will be with the tram for the next 5 years.

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I havent heard any updates on this rumor, looks like another one blown away in the wind.

cali72888
08-02-2008, 07:01 PM
just a rumor, expect smith to stay in atl for a last season and get traded by the deadline.
this is more so a trade deadline deal we could make if its what we need at the time, but who knows im hoping that wright and bellinelli pan out into somthing good so their trade value goes up, then it might be possible to land smith with a smaller package of say.......
harrington and wright for smith.....then if wright is any good the hawks could throw out the lineup of bibby, evans???, harrington, wright, thorton

garlicboy
08-03-2008, 01:02 PM
^Slim to impossible that this is a deadline deal. The options are:
1.) Hawks sign him long term and keep him.
2.) Hawks sign and trade him.
3.) Josh Smith signs qualifying offer for $3.1 million.

If the Hawks sign him long term it is highly unlikely they trade him. Option 3, Smith signing the qualifying offer is also highly unlikely, because he'll be missing out on an extra $7 million this season and puts himself at risk for an injury. Hawks don't want him to sign the QO, because it then renders him a free agent at the end of the season.

good spliff
08-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Any update on this? From reliable sites?

cali72888
08-03-2008, 01:59 PM
^Slim to impossible that this is a deadline deal. The options are:
1.) Hawks sign him long term and keep him.
2.) Hawks sign and trade him.
3.) Josh Smith signs qualifying offer for $3.1 million.

If the Hawks sign him long term it is highly unlikely they trade him. Option 3, Smith signing the qualifying offer is also highly unlikely, because he'll be missing out on an extra $7 million this season and puts himself at risk for an injury. Hawks don't want him to sign the QO, because it then renders him a free agent at the end of the season.

any team wanting an expiring contract at the end of the season would want to trade for smith if he was traded and under the QO. would be an easy way to dump salary, and get a good rental player for a few months. i dont see why it would unlikely that they trade him if he signs the QO, i just think alot more teams would be interested because he is a one year contract and they can either dictate what they wish to pay him, or let him walk via FA and pick up a bunch of cap space.

josephaze
08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
This would be the would that puts us over the top. I don't know how he'll pull it off, but Mullin would be exec of the year if he does.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
08-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately this is just looking like a rumor. Damn it

garlicboy
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
any team wanting an expiring contract at the end of the season would want to trade for smith if he was traded and under the QO. would be an easy way to dump salary, and get a good rental player for a few months. i dont see why it would unlikely that they trade him if he signs the QO, i just think alot more teams would be interested because he is a one year contract and they can either dictate what they wish to pay him, or let him walk via FA and pick up a bunch of cap space.

Your ASSUMING, A HUGE ASSUMPTION, that he signs the qualifying offer. But it is highly unlikely that he signs the QO, because he
1.) Risks injury,
2.) Risks a bad year,
3.) Loses out on $7 million dollars.

The only way he signs the QO is if he is forced to do that by the Hawks, which I can happen, the way things are going, but the Hawks would get nothing in return. Thus the Hawks will either sign him and keep him or trade him and get something in return.

The signing of the QO does not help the Hawks or Josh Smith.