PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Green Showing Solid Improvement

#1Mavericksfan
07-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Source: Salt Lake Tribune

Playing with the Mavericks, Gerald Green is pretty much down to his last chance in terms of making himself an NBA player. He's always been an NBA athlete, but this week, Green showed signs of rounding out his game. He led Dallas by scoring 19 points per game, he showed off his jumper, and he was great on the fast break, finishing off several plays with highlight dunks. He's still got a ways to go, but the Mavericks have to be encouraged with how Green played this week."

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_10004945

FromDallas
07-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Sweet

Lone Maverick
07-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Improvement from him in any way shape or form can only be good news.

BlondeBomber41
07-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Why do people like this writer think Green is down to his last chance?

He scored over 10 PPG for Boston two years ago, then was in a bad situation in Minny last year, it was a lost year for him.

He didnt get in trouble, he didnt play and play terribly. He just didnt get a shot.

I dont get why people think the whole league is ready to write him off.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM

He scored over 10 PPG for Boston two years ago, then was in a bad situation in Minny last year, it was a lost year for him.

He didnt get in trouble, he didnt play and play terribly. He just didnt get a shot.

hey u guys can cut him anytime im sure the bucks would take him :clap: and just about everyother tema in the nba
hes good and young just hasnt got in the right system for him to excel

aWiLL 20
07-29-2008, 10:51 AM
no thanks :)

thedfactor
07-29-2008, 07:52 PM
kidd's gonna love that green

TMAC94
08-04-2008, 10:15 AM
^^ he will im thinking a alley opp once a game is fair for everyone :D along with 10 points ;)

stlramsgo81
08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
man if Green could somehow tap into his potential with Da Mavs, he could be potentially be the biggest steal in the NBA! (except for Pau Gasol) Coach Carlisle, and Kidd should help tremendously in Green's development.

oren0652
08-17-2008, 12:53 AM

scoring 10 pts a game back with the old celts does not mean much
since there was no one there to score

jetsfan28
08-17-2008, 02:34 AM
scoring 10 pts a game back with the old celts does not mean much
since there was no one there to score

That should've caused him to shoot a bad FG%, because he'd face double teams. Instead, he shot 48%. It wasn't because they had no one else to score.

oren0652
08-17-2008, 11:29 AM
NO it means that he got the ball a lot
with the MAvs there are people that can score allow me to say better than he can
They will get the ball many more times than he will
That is why he never succeeded in Houston

fabnfu2
08-17-2008, 07:45 PM

i feel the same way, the kids not that bad of a player and even had comparisons to tracy mcgrady coming out of high school, he's still young and should still have a bright future