PDA

View Full Version : Stark Market: Braves ready to field offers for Teixeira

phlp_bj
07-28-2008, 11:09 PM
The most pivotal name here in Trade Deadline Week 2008 has tried his best not to read all the rumors he's so good at inspiring. A lot of good that does him.

"People tell me about it anyway," Mark Teixeira said. "Even if I don't read it, people are going to tell me about it. So I hear all the rumors whether I want to or not."

ell, if Mark Teixeira is listening, here's what he needs to know about the next 72 hours or so:

He should keep a phone number of Allied Van Lines real handy.

On Monday afternoon, the Braves officially glued a ribbon on Teixeira's head and stationed him in their main display window. After gathering their chief decision-makers in Atlanta for a meeting Monday, they then began the process of informing other teams that they plan to trade Teixeira if they get the right deal.

The feeling of clubs that have spoken with Braves GM Frank Wren is that he hasn't seen anything lately that would convince him his team has a 41-17 run in it (which is what it would take to get to 90 wins). And neither has anyone else.

Wren followed his team to Philadelphia over the weekend, to try to get "a feel" for which way it was headed, he said. What he witnessed was almost incomprehensible -- a weekend in which the Braves blew leads of five-plus runs to the same team in back-to-back games for the first time in franchise history.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=3508338

jmb8311
07-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah...as a Braves fan I'm just hoping we get a nice package in return. Hopefully we can deal him to an AL team who has lots of money (boston, LAA) to resign him in hopes that he doesn't find his way to free agency and to the Mets next season...

Halladay
07-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Makes sense...every team in baseball would covet this guy. Atleast, teams making a push should take a look. Love to see him as a Jay.

nybigjg
07-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Boston already rejected Atlanta's offer of Youkilis and Hansen for Tex. ESPN's Buster Onley said Atlanta wanted a package centered around the D'Backs Conor Jackson. The bottem line, Atlanta is asking too much at the moment.

bomber0104
07-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Boston already rejected Atlanta's offer of Youkilis and Hansen for Tex. ESPN's Buster Onley said Atlanta wanted a package centered around the D'Backs Conor Jackson. The bottem line, Atlanta is asking too much at the moment.

And rightfully so. They gave up Salty and Andrus to get him.

ugafan
07-29-2008, 12:08 AM

Once the deadline looms closer, it wont look like all that much, once all the big bate are gone, teams like Arizona will want him MUCH more, because offense is their only problem, they're not consistent.

hammerinhank
07-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Tex's value is not that high b/c almost every team in a race is already all set at the 1B position so honestly I do not see anyone over paying for him... But at the same time come wed-thurs offers will start coming in.

Seamhead
07-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Once the deadline looms closer, it wont look like all that much, once all the big bate are gone, teams like Arizona will want him MUCH more, because offense is their only problem, they're not consistent.

I hate the word consistent or consistency so much. It's not that they're not consistent, it's that they're not good offensively.

kchris53
07-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Yankees would be the perfect fit

ugafan
07-29-2008, 12:45 AM
I hate the word consistent or consistency so much. It's not that they're not consistent, it's that they're not good offensively.

That's too bad, because they are good offensively. The Braves aren't consistent, their hitting doesn't suck, Chipper. B-Mac, Tex, Johnson, Yunel etc. Isnt a bad lineup, they are inconsistent, thats all there is to it.

ugafan
07-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Yankees would be the perfect fit

And Play Matsui in left:rolleyes:
And you guys just signed Sexson anyways.

Seamhead
07-29-2008, 12:57 AM
That's too bad, because they are good offensively. The Braves aren't consistent, their hitting doesn't suck, Chipper. B-Mac, Tex, Johnson, Yunel etc. Isnt a bad lineup, they are inconsistent, thats all there is to it.

The D'backs are good offensively?:laugh:

As for the Braves, outside of Tex, Chip, and McCann, no one has provided any sort of good production. Yunel and KJ have been just about average offensively, so I don't know what you're talking about. Are those 2 better than they've been hitting? Yes, I don't get too excited about Yunel's ability, but KJ is much better than he's been hitting. Outside of those 5, really 3, everyone has sucked dick.

If you're good at something -- you do it consistently. You can't be good at something and do it inconsistently. Somebody tell Joe Morgan that.

FC_4_life
07-29-2008, 01:12 AM
And rightfully so. They gave up Salty and Andrus to get him.

And Neftali Feliz!!! Three Top 25 Specs (Well, I guess Salty was, but he's no longer a prospect...)