PDA

View Full Version : Crosby a Bruin?

AngusYoungRocks
07-28-2008, 09:44 PM
would you want crosby to be a bruin

AngusYoungRocks
07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
if you have been posting in the best player thread than you know my opinion on this. i have no respect for crosby and under no circumstance would i want him to be a bruin.

i made this thread because somebody said that i was probably the only bruins fan the wouldn't want crosby to be a B, but i have a feeling there are a lot of crosby haters in the hub of hockey so vote

BostonFan 53
07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
if we had a shot at him in FA and didn't have to sell off our whole team to get him then hell yes i would take Crosby. I would take Crosby over any 2 combination of players on the bruins. (not 2 of Savard, bergy, Chara)

AngusYoungRocks
07-28-2008, 10:09 PM
if we had a shot at him in FA and didn't have to sell off our whole team to get him then hell yes i would take Crosby. I would take Crosby over any 2 combination of players on the bruins. (not 2 of Savard, bergy, Chara)

so your vote is pretty much yes.

Bruins37
07-29-2008, 04:21 AM
No, Crosby is nothing like a bruin.
Now Crosby is a very good hockey player, I just dont like his style on the ice. He dives, he whines and he cries. Still a very good hockey player, but I wouldent want him as a bruins

BostonFan 53
07-29-2008, 04:36 AM
No, Crosby is nothing like a bruin.
Now Crosby is a very good hockey player, I just dont like his style on the ice. He dives, he whines and he cries. Still a very good hockey player, but I wouldent want him as a bruins

Seriously? Marc Savard *****es and cries more than anyone. Crosby is pretty much a teenage. And he's scoring 100+ points. He's not touch, but i would take him on the B's any single day of the week.

Although I'd rather have Glen Murray :)

Bruins37
07-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Seriously? Marc Savard *****es and cries more than anyone. Crosby is pretty much a teenage. And he's scoring 100+ points. He's not touch, but i would take him on the B's any single day of the week.

Although I'd rather have Glen Murray :)

I know and understand most ppl would take Crosby to their team, he is a good hockey player, but I would´nt. With Savard you get a good playmaker and you wont have to pay 10 mil for him.

Agree to that, Murray is a true Bruin, although he should retired a few years ago :)

BostonFan 53
07-29-2008, 05:59 AM
I guess i can agree with that. Although he might be the only girl in the NHL, i think if we had a chance to get him, even if it were for 10 mil, I'd expect us to go after him.

Bruins37
07-29-2008, 06:19 AM
I guess i can agree with that. Although he might be the only girl in the NHL, i think if we had a chance to get him, even if it were for 10 mil, I'd expect us to go after him.

haha

AngusYoungRocks
07-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Bruins37 is right on
BostonFan 53 not as much

homie564
07-29-2008, 03:20 PM
obviously.. but as said before only if we could in free agency

BostonFan 53
07-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Bruins37 is right on
BostonFan 53 not as much

How is that?
Any time you have a chance to get arguably the best player in the NHL, you jump on it.

Shieldsz
07-29-2008, 05:50 PM
No way will Crosby leave the Pens for the Bruins. They almost won a championship already and hes so young. Pittsburgh will never let him go...

BostonFan 53
07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Wow....
I don't think anyone would complain if you read the thread before trolling in here and pretending to know hockey.

GreatOdinsRaven
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
are you guys kidding me?? Crosby almost wins a cup with a team made up of role players, minus Malkin and maybe Staal, and you wouldn't want him in the lineup? give me a break. it's been so long since we've won a cup, or made it out of the first round even, that i'd guarantee no one would make a peep about all the dives he makes, so long as he get his 100-120 points and gets us deep into the playoffs. who are you trying to fool?

AngusYoungRocks
07-29-2008, 09:06 PM
the question isn't if you would take him if you could get him in free agency. the question is would you want crosby to be a bruin.

AngusYoungRocks
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
How is that?
Any time you have a chance to get arguably the best player in the NHL, you jump on it.

you are not right on because crosby is not a bruin sure he has a lot of skill, but so does kovalev and would you want him on your team.
there is more to a hockey player than just goals and assists and crosby has non of it sure he ll put up points but a lot of times i feel he is an embarrassment to the game and the bruins have way too much class for players like that.

Celts22
07-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Who gives a **** if he's not a "Bruin". Hes arguably the best player on the planet and gives any team a shot at winning the Cup with him on it..

homie564
07-29-2008, 11:11 PM
question... why ae we even debating this its never gonna happen this should be closed lol

Shaiza
07-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm not gonna close it, it's actually pretty interesting to hear the other side even though I don't agree.

Like bostonfan said, if Crosby was available, every single team in the league will go after him. Why? Because he can change a team around. I understand people's hate towards Crosby (I hate him with a passion), but I'm all for a player of his caliber, no matter what his personality on the ice is.

Players just can't be a Bruin. They become one.

BleedGold08
07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
I dont know what you guys are thinking...If Crosby was a FA and the Bruins had the money you must expect them to try and go after him. I personally do not see Crosby leaving the Pens. I would def like to see Crosby as a Bruin. He is the best player in the NHL People!! If the Bruins ever got Crosby and we made it deep in the playoffs the same people who are saying they dont want him as a Bruin will be praising him.

Everyone has thier own opinion but to say you dont want Crosby on the B's because he "dives" "whines" and "cries" is kinda foolish. Remember we all want the same thing and that is a Cup. And Crosby would be a big step to getting there.

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 01:04 PM
I've got a question; What is a "Bruin"?

Is it someone who hits? Marc Savard doesn't hit.
Is it someone who fights? Marco Sturm doesn't fight.

There are VERY few people who can claim to be a true Bruin and right now, I'd have to say Ward, Chara, Lucic, and Murray are the only "true Bruins" that were on the team, IMO.

Someone who leadership, someone who sticks up for his teammates, and someone who has some skill on the Ice.

Crosby can become this very easily. At age 20 he has more leadership qualities than half of our team. He hits, and has been getting in some scruffles this past year.

AngusYoungRocks
07-30-2008, 05:03 PM
you forgot some: Lucic, Bergeron, Ward, Chara, Ward Wideman, Reich, Axelsson, Thornton, Nokelainen, Alberts, Stuart, Thomas. and sturm is a bruin
Sturm is a bruin

what leadership qualities?

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 05:08 PM
you forgot some: Lucic, Bergeron, Ward, Chara, Ward Wideman, Reich, Axelsson, Thornton, Nokelainen, Alberts, Stuart, Thomas. and sturm is a bruin
Sturm is a bruin

what leadership qualities?

Reich? He won't even be on the team next year.
Wideman isn't a leader, nor does he play with the passion.
Axelsson is a quiet leader, he plays harder for his country than his team.
Bergeron...Yes.
Alberts probably won't be on the team next year.
Stuart hasn't shown mee much.
Strum and Thrnton are as well.

Lord Byron 34
07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Would I want the best center in hockey, who by the way is only 20, on the bruins? Is that a serious question? The guy could be a convicted felon who beats his wife and molests little boys and I would still want him.

Shaiza
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Reich? He won't even be on the team next year.
Wideman isn't a leader, nor does he play with the passion.
Axelsson is a quiet leader, he plays harder for his country than his team.
Bergeron...Yes.
Alberts probably won't be on the team next year.
Stuart hasn't shown mee much.
Strum and Thrnton are as well.

That is the most false thing I've ever heard it's not even funny.

Anyway, what makes a Bruin?
It's very difficult to explain. People will have different opinions, but basically, the only way people will know is that it will just come to the fans. People just know if players are a Bruin or not. Does anyone know what I'm trying to say?

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 08:56 PM

It's very difficult to explain. People will have different opinions, but basically, the only way people will know is that it will just come to the fans. People just know if players are a Bruin or not. Does anyone know what I'm trying to say?

Watch him play in the olympics, then watch him in the NHL. It's obvious he doesn't play with as much passion with Boston as he does for his own country. It's been like that recently anyway, maybe not earlier on, but now he does.

You may see it differently, but seeing them both, it honestly looks like he plays his heart out for sweden. He plays very good for the B's and might be my favorite player, but....

AngusYoungRocks
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM

yep, they just step on the ice and they either have it or they don't.

Bruins37
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Watch him play in the olympics, then watch him in the NHL. It's obvious he doesn't play with as much passion with Boston as he does for his own country. It's been like that recently anyway, maybe not earlier on, but now he does.

You may see it differently, but seeing them both, it honestly looks like he plays his heart out for sweden. He plays very good for the B's and might be my favorite player, but....

Well Axelsson is a proud swede and a proud "göteborgare" (gothenburg). And in the olympics you play for your country, in the nhl its a job, but I would say he plays his heart out for his job

cynomatic
02-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Who would say no to this question???

NeelyforPres
02-04-2011, 05:13 PM
A *******

DRD
02-04-2011, 05:55 PM
i would say absolfreakinlutly this kid is my favorite player not on the bruins boggles my mind how anybody could say no

BoTiggle
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Hmmmm, do I want the best player in the world on my team or not?

Are you people serious? This "true Bruin" crap is absolutely homerific. In a fantasy world, where the Bruins have a shot at Crosby, do you think the FO wouldn't do everything they could to get him?? Every team in the NHL would do anything they could to get Crosby if they had a legit shot.

"He whines, he dives, boo-hoo..." Get over your perception of Crosby as some golden child who doesn't deserve to be the best. If this guy were a Bruin everyone of us would be swinging from his nuts like Tom Brady.

Shaiza
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Don't bring back old threads cyno...