PDA

View Full Version : Kwame Brown & Ricky Davis sign with other teams..

noturnormalhero
07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Kwame Brown is headed back to the Eastern Conference.

Brown's agent, Mark Bartlestein, told ESPN.com on Monday night that the former No. 1 pick in the 2001 draft has reached a verbal agreement on a new contract with the Detroit Pistons.

The contract is believed to be a two-year deal worth $8 million, with Brown -- who spent his first four seasons as a pro in Washington after being drafted by then-Wizards president Michael Jordan -- holding a player option to return to free agency after this season.

Brown earned nearly $9.1 million last season in the final year of his previous three-year deal, which the 26-year-old received in the summer of 2005 in a sign-and-trade from Washington to the Los Angeles Lakers. Brown's expiring salary was the chief chip that the Lakers used to convince the Memphis Grizzlies to send Pau Gasol to L.A. on Feb. 1 in a trade that earned the Grizzlies widespread criticism.

Brown played in only 15 games with the Grizzlies after the trade, averaging just 3.5 points and 3.8 rebounds in under 14 minutes per game.

The new look Los Angeles Clippers added yet another new face on Monday agreeing to terms with free agent swingman Ricky Davis according to a league source.

Davis, a 10-year veteran, played for the Miami HEAT last season averaging 13.8 points and 4.3 rebounds.

The Clippers have now acquired seven new players this summer, including two-time All-Star Baron Davis, two-time All-Defensive First Team member Marcus Camby and the seventh overall selection in the 2008 NBA Draft Eric Gordon.

Davis will likely compete for minutes with veteran Cuttino Mobley, Tim Thomas, Gordon and youngster Al Thornton.

Guess for those who werent fond of Ricky Davis...this makes you happy that we didnt go after him.

King Koopa
07-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I wish them both good luck.

LayZbone
07-28-2008, 07:32 PM
i like ricky for playing all 82 last season. good luck to him. kwame....meh.

MiamiHeat
07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
goodbye ricky davis :D

King Koopa
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
does anyone know what his contract is....

blackjack5380
07-28-2008, 08:07 PM
that sucks, i really wanted ricky davis to come back for the heat, but i guess its good for him, but he woiuld have been great with the heat, oh well.

jgray305
07-28-2008, 08:32 PM
The clippers are a losing franchise, rickey should feel right at home.

daleja424
07-28-2008, 08:41 PM
This is for Ricky: :cheers:

...This dude took a lot of crap from everyone this year...most of it undeserved. He was the only one who tried and played hard night in and night out and still got absolutely ranked on. Well I appreciate you Ricky. Good luck in LA!

noturnormalhero
07-28-2008, 08:45 PM

The Los Angeles Clippers today signed veteran free agent swingman Ricky Davis to a multi-year contract, it was announced by Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced.

that's all i've found so far

noturnormalhero
07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
This is for Ricky: :cheers:

...This dude took a lot of crap from everyone this year...most of it undeserved. He was the only one who tried and played hard night in and night out and still got absolutely ranked on. Well I appreciate you Ricky. Good luck in LA!

sometimes he tried too hard though lol. but i feel ya. he was the only dude to play in every game so i cant hate too much. as much as i appreciate his work last year..glad he's not part of our long term plans

Master Mind
07-28-2008, 09:05 PM
The signing of James Jones foreshadowed Ricky's future with the Heat......Now that Kwame is signed who do we have on our radar for center?

daleja424
07-28-2008, 09:10 PM
The signing of James Jones foreshadowed Ricky's future with the Heat......Now that Kwame is signed who do we have on our radar for center?

trade? NJ?

fins08
07-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Kwame they said was out of their financial reach. Okafor! All of us will freak out if we get him.

noturnormalhero
07-28-2008, 09:20 PM
trade? NJ?

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

MiamiHeat
07-28-2008, 09:34 PM

Sources told ESPN.com that the deal was for two years, $4.7 million with an opt out clause after the first year.

source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3508759&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

King Koopa
07-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Sources told ESPN.com that the deal was for two years, $4.7 million with an opt out clause after the first year.

source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3508759&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Wow he came in really cheap not bad at all..... for the Clippers.

TheHeat3
07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
wish Ricky well in LA and for Kwame...another Big Body for the Detroit Pistons to go into their already deep rotation

DQL
07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
It's good to hear they don't resign Davis. Having him in the team would ruin the chances of Cook and Wright. Good for our rebuilding process

Diehardheatfan
07-29-2008, 12:19 AM
It's good to hear they don't resign Davis. Having him in the team would ruin the chances of Cook and Wright. Good for our rebuilding process

Well spoken

noturnormalhero
07-29-2008, 06:08 AM

same thing i was thinking.

greek miami hea
07-29-2008, 07:44 AM
i like davis.i wish him good luck.i am not a big fan of brown.i would really like to get okafor and wallace!!!!!!!

HeatBBall
07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
i'm kinda glad to see ricky go, he was too sparatic of a player for me.

Litchris12
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Ricky davis is a freakin warrior.

noturnormalhero
07-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Ricky davis is a freakin warrior.

http://www.espn.go.com/media/nba/2006/0126/photo/g_ricky_268.jpg

looks like a fake Ben Wallace to me :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

ChitownbullsBG7
07-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Kwame most likely means Josh Smith is in their plans and is close to happening because they are high on Amir Johnson.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh and Okefor is off the market just signed a 6 year 72mil contract.

Diehardheatfan
07-29-2008, 03:22 PM
yeah ricky just dosent play smart. I rather play wright and marion at the 3

Young_Josh
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
maybe we could of used him in a sign and trade with houston for a pg

Young_Josh
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Kwame sucks im glad we didnt sign him

noturnormalhero
07-29-2008, 04:20 PM
im glad Ricky aint part of our long term plans but u cant hate on the dude completely. he was about the only one who tried less year even though with him, you cant tell if he's trying for himself or for the team since he takes a lot of shots. he played every game for us and i'm glad he moved on somewhere else. the clippers signed him at a good price, congrats to them. now we could move on and not think about the past players. Cook better be ready to step up..all i'm saying.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I am so glad that dude is gone. I don't hate him but he was terrible at defense. Just Terrible (in my Barkley voice).

Rolla
07-30-2008, 12:05 AM
I am so glad that dude is gone. I don't hate him but he was terrible at defense. Just Terrible (in my Barkley voice).

hahaha:clap:

DES
07-30-2008, 02:43 AM
The clippers are a losing franchise, rickey should feel right at home. you speak of the past....even miami wanted 2 of our loser players...

DES
07-30-2008, 02:44 AM
id rather have ricky any day over kwame..

Diehardheatfan
07-31-2008, 01:41 AM
im glad Ricky aint part of our long term plans but u cant hate on the dude completely. he was about the only one who tried less year even though with him, you cant tell if he's trying for himself or for the team since he takes a lot of shots. he played every game for us and i'm glad he moved on somewhere else. the clippers signed him at a good price, congrats to them. now we could move on and not think about the past players. Cook better be ready to step up..all i'm saying.

I would agree if he wasnt in a contract year!! He had no choice. If that were the case and he wasnt the cancer he is he would have either gotten re-signed or paid more money.Dude would have quitted on the team in a sec, he just couldnt afford to quit on himself

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 06:08 AM
I would agree if he wasnt in a contract year!! He had no choice. If that were the case and he wasnt the cancer he is he would have either gotten re-signed or paid more money.Dude would have quitted on the team in a sec, he just couldnt afford to quit on himself

lol. i get you. and like i said you cant tell if he is playing for the team or playing for himself.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
im glad we dident re sign ricky even tho he was the only reliable player last year and for brown... maybe he lives up to his hype from wen he was drafted
but i hope he dosent lol