PDA

View Full Version : Cubs coach Matt Sinatro suspended

CubsFanBudMan74
07-28-2008, 06:17 PM
First base coach Matt Sinatro of the Chicago Cubs has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for his inappropriate actions, which included making contact with Umpire Rob Drake, in the bottom of the ninth inning of his Club's Saturday, July 26th game against the Florida Marlins at Wrigley Field. Bob Watson, Vice President of On-Field Operations for Major League Baseball, made the announcement. Sinatro will begin to serve his suspension tonight, when the Cubs play at Milwaukee's Miller Park.
In addition, Cubs manager Lou Piniella has received an undisclosed fine for his role in the same incident with Umpire Drake

linkage (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080728&content_id=3213247&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

well at least lou didnt get suspended

faithfulfan
07-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I believe Drake is the same guy who through Lou out earlier in the year too.

croce_99
07-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Suspending a 3rd base/1st base coach is comical.
Has no affect on the team :)

CubsFanBudMan74
07-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I believe Drake is the same guy who through Lou out earlier in the year too.

dunno if this is true but a sox fan buddy of mine says drake ejected ozzie recently too

JayBandit
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I watch a lot of non-Cubs baseball, and Drake is by far the biggest prima donna I've ever seen. This guy thinks people come to see him play instead of the athletes. He threw lou out in that Sox game when he was turning around to go back to the dugout, and he also threw Ozzie out for no reason a week or two ago. I've seen him in numerous confrontations over his piss-poor play calling.

The MLB should nip this in the butt before this guy ruins anymore baseball.

cubsfan9124
07-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I watch a lot of non-Cubs baseball, and Drake is by far the biggest prima donna I've ever seen. This guy thinks people come to see him play instead of the athletes. He threw lou out in that Sox game when he was turning around to go back to the dugout, and he also threw Ozzie out for no reason a week or two ago. I've seen him in numerous confrontations over his piss-poor play calling.

agreed...

What happened to CB Buckner? Did he get fired?

Cubsfan1433
07-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Yea i heard this is the same guy that ejected lou this year. But IIRC earlier this year they were saying that this is the same guy that ejected lou LAST year. I dont know if im right or not.

And yes, this is the same guy that ejected Ozzie earlier this week (heard it on ESPN)

KH12
07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Damn, we might as well forfeit the next two games.

Bearscubs4life
07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Yea i heard this is the same guy that ejected lou this year. But IIRC earlier this year they were saying that this is the same guy that ejected lou LAST year. I dont know if im right or not.

And yes, this is the same guy that ejected Ozzie earlier this week (heard it on ESPN)

I am sure you are right this guy is piece of ****ing monkey ****.

Cullksinikers
07-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Drake can kiss my ***. All of the MLB umpires can kiss my *** also. It's ****ing ********, they make a ton of incorrect calls.

Second City
07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
This is BS

Dmac
07-28-2008, 08:37 PM
This is BS

How is it BS? He bumped the umpire. I'm sure it was unintentional, but it is still the rules. I'm sure they can survive a few days without Sinatro.

Grifter
07-28-2008, 08:51 PM
But IIRC earlier this year they were saying that this is the same guy that ejected lou LAST year. I dont know if im right or not.

I thought I heard he was a rookie ump, so I don't think it was the guy that ran Lou last season.

Dmac
07-28-2008, 09:01 PM
The ump last year was Mark Wegner.

cubswoo
07-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Matt Sinatro finally gets his own thread:clap:
Long overdue

Hopefully there's a Mark O'neal or Lester Strode thread coming soon

CubbieSteve
07-28-2008, 11:47 PM
I thought Sinatro's antics were comical. That's the first time I've seen him without a helmet/hat on.

Wonder if he'll appeal?:eyebrow:

db75
07-29-2008, 03:21 AM
I freaking love Sinatro! I'm not sure why he cracks me up, but I'm guessing it's his hobbit-like appearance and elf-like charm.

Aaaaaaand now I can get a sig. :)

Englishteach
07-29-2008, 08:07 AM

As much as some people would like to inflict pain on the ump by kicking his *****, MLB should nip it in the bud, not the butt.

Dmac
07-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I thought Sinatro's antics were comical. That's the first time I've seen him without a helmet/hat on.

Wonder if he'll appeal?:eyebrow:

Managers and coaches can't appeal suspensions.

BDawk4Prez
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Sinatro is God. Little midget ****er...

Mr Cub
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Derosa on Mack Jurko and Harry said that he is going to pay the fine. They were making fun of him for sliding into first, it was real funny stuff.

CubbieSteve
07-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Managers and coaches can't appeal suspensions.

Joking.