PDA

View Full Version : Teams that need that legit 2nd option should be going after Vince Carter

JordansBulls
07-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm just not sure why more teams are not after Vince Carter especially considering his price tag may be doable.

Teams that are in need of a second option need to be going after him especially if they have contracts of players that the Nets could use for the pursuit of guys in 2010.

A few teams that come to mind that need a legit 2nd option are: Mavericks, Magic, Pistons, Cavaliers, Raptors, Bulls, etc

MiamiHeat
07-28-2008, 05:22 PM
probably too old and his contract is crAZY

HouRealCoach
07-28-2008, 05:26 PM
=Houston could use him as a third option

*Superman*
07-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Besides the Nets, 2010 is the date for most other teams to get that legit 2nd or even 1st option and so far the Nets aren't looking to trade Vince.

superkegger
07-28-2008, 05:28 PM
LO for Vince.... :D

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-28-2008, 05:38 PM
HE would make a grea # 2 option for any of the team u mentioned.. But nets arent looking to trade Vince carter.. Management is really impressed with the way Carter has lead ever since the Kidd trade.. He has shown this sense of urgency, and acted like the leader everyone expected him to be one he first came into the league.. He has the whole summer team league over his house for dinner and shot around.. he even did some coach on sidelines during one summer league game.. Vince and the Nets are very committed to each other.. and Nets need someone to keep them competitive untill lebron comes.. They need someone to guide the youger players on the team... They cant trade away all of their vets.. Hes going to stay.. and I think He will be a number 2 option.. But to lebron in BrookLyn.!

dre1990
07-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Detroit doesnt want VC

Lakersfan2483
07-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Vince Carter would be a good 2nd option for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Reezy
07-28-2008, 05:41 PM
=Houston could use him as a third option
Would McGrady move to SF, I guess? I'd rather keep Battier on the floor.

Considering McGrady left Toronto in the first place because of VC, I doubt they'd be on the same team again.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Detroit doesnt want VC

Then detroits losing OUt! j/k Why wouldnt they want him?

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Detroit doesnt want VC

They want Tmac but not Vince? Why?
Vince has better numbers all throughout his career.. And has actually been out of the 1st round of the palyoffs.. He played a lot better than tmac last year... And he was hurt.. And carter would come a lot cheaper as well.. I don't get it.. And he has been hurt a lot less than mcgrady the last few years

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Would McGrady move to SF, I guess? I'd rather keep Battier on the floor.

Considering McGrady left Toronto in the first place because of VC, I doubt they'd be on the same team again.

Yea Tmac would move to Sf.. Vince would start at Sg.. I don't think they would mind being on the same team again.. Its a different time now.. at that time they were both making a name for themselves.. Now they have both a name for themselves.. and have been through a lot.. Its about winning know and as they are Vets they would understand their roles on the team a lot better.. They have a great relationship and I think they would probably love to play with each other. They would be very very scary... Yao - Tmac- Vince trio.. That sh*** on Kg- pierce- and allen.

Reezy
07-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Well, I can vouch for McGrady and VC being close since they are both from my neck of the woods and they're cousins. :D

superkegger
07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, I can vouch for McGrady and VC being close since they are both from my neck of the woods and they're cousins. :D

they're like barely cousins. I think they're like 3rd cousins which is barely related.

Capcruncher
07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
He would be a great fit for the Clippers and if the clips offer the nets contracts that expire in 2 years rather than 3 year contacts like what vince has left on his, i can see New Jersey considering such a deal since they obviously have plans to go after Lebron in 2 years.

North Yorker
07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm just not sure why more teams are not after Vince Carter especially considering his price tag may be doable.

Teams that are in need of a second option need to be going after him especially if they have contracts of players that the Nets could use for the pursuit of guys in 2010.

A few teams that come to mind that need a legit 2nd option are: Mavericks, Magic, Pistons, Cavaliers, Raptors, Bulls, etc

ha, why would you even mention the Raps? The city wouldnt forgive him for giving up, telling other teams what plays we were running after TO, not playing through injuries, being a horrible leader,etc

JordansBulls
07-28-2008, 06:51 PM
ha, why would you even mention the Raps? The city wouldnt forgive him for giving up, telling other teams what plays we were running after TO, not playing through injuries, being a horrible leader,etc

If he is the final piece for them to be a championship team I think they would.

hyp21
07-29-2008, 12:15 AM
His health is the concern. And his contract. Honestly, kind of suprised the Lakers aren't a little intrigued. He's not getting any younger and I'm sure he would sacrafice being Kobe's robin if it would get him a ring. Other than that, I really can't think of too many teams who he would be that final piece for. Orlando perhaps. But with Toronto I think he just burned all his bridges there to be coveted. My list where he'd be a final piece:

Lakers- D-Fish, Kobe, V.C., Gasol, Bynum (azz whoppins passed around the league)

Magic- Add him with D. How and their good PG play (jameer nelson I believe, I don't follow the magic really), Magic would be hell to deal with

Hornets- C.P., V.C., Peja. That's a nasty 3

All 3 of those situations I believe he really wouldn't be considered "the man" other than orlando cause he would have a bit more important role imo. But N.O. with CP and Peja and L.A. with Kobe and the boys. He'd be a real help healthy. Long as he knows his role

goku
07-29-2008, 12:19 AM
who wants his contract

hyp21
07-29-2008, 12:21 AM
yeah, that's the real issue. his contract is outrageous.

marvILLous
07-29-2008, 12:23 AM
honestly, vince would be the perfect fit for toronto. the player he is and what he is capable of doing is exactly what the raps need lol. but he definitely isn't coming back.

pocketaces
07-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Vince can easily come back and become a top 10 player like he once was if he goes to the right team..He never played with a solid big man....If he goes to the right team...he can easily become a mvp contender once agaib

cmellofan15
07-29-2008, 12:48 AM
they're like barely cousins. I think they're like 3rd cousins which is barely related.

They're second cousins and they are close since they both play in the NBA. The Nets need to get rid of him but I don't see a team where he would fit in at.

knowledgeGOD
07-29-2008, 01:25 AM
2nd option scorer for the raptors? lol people here hate him. dont you see how he always gets booed in toronto and plus i doubt he'd wanna come back here anyways

Chronz
07-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Clippers should offer Tim Thomas and Cat for him

NJrockPD
07-29-2008, 02:02 AM

Yeah thats what i thought

heyman321
07-29-2008, 02:24 AM
Honestly, he's just what the Raptors need. A good swingman who can score. I mean trade Joey Graham already, jesus. Of course, that would never happen. But just imagine it:

Jose
Carter
Bosh
O'Neal
Kapano
Moon , etc...

We should trade Bargnani for him...
:dance:

cmellofan15
07-29-2008, 02:35 AM
Honestly, he's just what the Raptors need. A good swingman who can score. I mean trade Joey Graham already, jesus. Of course, that would never happen. But just imagine it:

Jose
Carter
Bosh
O'Neal
Kapano
Moon , etc...

We should trade Bargnani for him...
:dance:

I dont think Barganani alone will be accepted but it could work out.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 02:59 AM
Carter's contract isn't very good

cmellofan15
07-29-2008, 03:03 AM
its going to take alot to get to him

JordansBulls
07-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Clippers should offer Tim Thomas and Cat for him

It looks like the Clippers have been kinda active this offseason. They lose Brand, but they get BDiddy, Camby and Davis.

On the subject of Vince Carter, I think this is the perfect time to trade him especially considering Nenad Krstic is going overseas now. The Nets just need to completely rebuild.

rapswin98
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Vince would make toronto a true championship contender i wouldn't mind if he comes back, but most of toronto would :mad:****:mad: him up if they see him in a raps jersey again

futureman
07-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Jordansbulls what is up with your obsession with vince carter?

deepen03
07-29-2008, 09:28 PM
alright first of all vince carter is nobody's second option so forget that. He's gonna be the star of any team he plays for. Thats like saying Kobe or LeBron or Dwayne Wade are a second option. thats not gonna happen and its an insult to vince.

And also, we need atleast one all-star to lure LeBron in 2010. This is Vince's team right now and we need to keep it that way until atleast the Brooklyn move. How the hell do you expect the IZOD Center to get any attendence without vince. This guy is a fan magnet.

MGB
07-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Jordansbulls what is up with your obsession with vince carter?

You should see some of the VC to the Bulls begging in the Bulls forum... VC's contract makes me want to :puke:

LakerzDQ
07-29-2008, 10:27 PM
cavaliers should try and work to get VC.
they need some legit scoring options besides Lebron.

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Cavs would love to have him if he didn't have that massive contract.

hyp21
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Cavs don't have nothing the Nets want.

SportsFan1988
07-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I always thought Carter would be a great fit with the Magic, him and Howard would do great together.

#1Mavericksfan
07-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Vince Carter is done plus I don't see any team taking his big contract

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Vince Carter is done plus I don't see any team taking his big contract

21/6/5 on 46% is done???

:confused: