PDA

View Full Version : throw this out there...

PhillyFan6425
07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
3 way trade...

the phils get man ram...the red sox get tex...the braves get prospects.

the phils would basically pay the bounty for the sox to get tex. i know youk is killing it this year, and they would have to find someone to play left field. think of it this year...if the sox really wanna get rid of manny, than they need to replace the bat. with tex they can replace the bat and say good bye to that ego.

GHGHCP
07-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Can the Dodgers just throw in Pierre to Boston? He can be Manny's replacement in LF.

SHONIE
07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
anything to get rid of manny.

rriders9
07-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Can the Dodgers just throw in Pierre to Boston? He can be Manny's replacement in LF.

highly doubt it

lilboytwister99
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Ya know thats funny because I was thinking along the lines of if the Sox wanted to trade Manny, Tex could play a big part in this. I know Tex isnt an everyday outfielder, but Im sure the Sox could make roster moves or adjustments to make it work out. I know the Phillies are still seeking some trade, even though they shouldnt dish out any more players because they're set to contend this year.

CY24
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
the philies gm, pat gillik, has said the phils arent interested in manny because they dont have a place for him to play

torontocubs
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
what about a swap with manny for burrell. By all inclinations the Phillies have said they are unlikely to re-sign Burrell. Why not swap the two of them, they might not even have to worry about cash considerations. That way they both get players that likely won't be playing for them next year, phillies get a better player for the second half, and the red sox get a decent bat replacement and a lot less headaches

Phillies 369083
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Although I do not see any trade like this or anything for Ramirez coming to Philly Pat Gillick has said stuff like this and did it anyway.

The Schmooze
07-28-2008, 06:34 PM
which prospects would the Phils be dealing?

they arent exactly deep after carrasco

sportwiz628
07-28-2008, 06:39 PM
3 way trade...

the phils get man ram...the red sox get tex...the braves get prospects.

the phils would basically pay the bounty for the sox to get tex. i know youk is killing it this year, and they would have to find someone to play left field. think of it this year...if the sox really wanna get rid of manny, than they need to replace the bat. with tex they can replace the bat and say good bye to that ego.

this trade is very homerish but it wont happen

sportwiz628
07-28-2008, 06:42 PM
what about a swap with manny for burrell. By all inclinations the Phillies have said they are unlikely to re-sign Burrell. Why not swap the two of them, they might not even have to worry about cash considerations. That way they both get players that likely won't be playing for them next year, phillies get a better player for the second half, and the red sox get a decent bat replacement and a lot less headaches

Manny>>Burrell

GHGHCP
07-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Manny>>Burrell

Burrell + the prospects they keep >> Manny

Neely
07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Sure would like to see Big Tex playing for Boston.

H-MYK
07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Nothing wrong with prospects for the Braves, but why not throw in a big namer there.