PDA

View Full Version : Could this trade work?

Rylz
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I've thought it out and this might just work. The salaries are ok - tell me what you think:
Chicago Bulls:
Lose:
Kirk Hinrich
Gain:
Jarron Collins
John Salmons
Ronnie Price

Detroit Pistons:
Lose:
Tayshaun Prince
Chauncey Billups
Gain:
Ron Artest
Kirk Hinrich
Morris Almond

Sacramento Kings:
Lose:
Kenny Thomas
John Salmons
Ron Artest
Gain:
Chauncey Billups
Andrei Kirilenko

Utah Jazz:
Lose:
Andrei Kirilenko
Jarron Collins
Ronnie Price
Morris Almond
Gain:
Tayshaun Prince
Kenny Thomas

The Jazz end up paying a little less money and get a great defensive replacement for AK, though they would have to pick up Thomas's terrible contract.
The Kings get to ditch Artest and Thomas and get two all-star calliber players.
The pistons get three good players for two, and find replacements for all the holes they would have by getting rid of Prince and Billups.
The Bulls would gain a back up for Rose as well as a good player in Salmons, plus a not-so-great center.
What do you think?

jimbobjarree
07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
it looks good, but its a long shot at best

Tisoykeis
07-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Yea, this is a LONG shot. Three team trades in the NBA are rare, but 4-Team trades are almost unheard of.

earschicken
07-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Very creative! Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Layneh3180
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM
It seems as if everyone is so quick to get rid of Almond. I know we have depth at SG... But what if Korver opts out and leaves. I really think Miles should play SF but he needs to have more of a defensive presence. Which at times last year he stepped in for AK and played great. Although he makes me cringe everytime he shoots... lol

bw2893
07-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Pistons are getting nothing back except Artest, who isn't workth Billups and Prince, and we are losing 4 players for Prince and a bad contract????? Ummmmm... no. This is probably the worst trade for the jazz I have seen on this post-seasons forum.

Raupie
07-28-2008, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't be upset with that trade. I like reading other peoples trade ideas.

I would not be upset with losing Almond... I don't think he is ever going to be a Sloan type of player. At best I think he will turn into someone like Ben Gordon... a player who can score and no one doubts that, but doesn't bring much else to the table. At worse he'll be like Gericek... someone with offensive talent but doesn't earn enough minutes on the floor to use it.

I do think Korver will opt out next summer and I do not think we will resign him.. we'll use his money on Boozer and possibly Okur. So that is when Almond will probably get his chance... I don't see him being on the active roster this season unless we make a big trade. So another year in the D-League and we'll see if he can expand his game.

However, We do need our centers to step up. Okur can opt out next year, Collins will be gone after this year's salary is up... We have 4 centers on our roster and I feel we only have one legit center... so I'd like to see someone progress in that area.

HotRodsHair
07-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Let me guess, you're a Sacto fan who despises the Pistons. :)

Lo Porto
07-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Very interesting, and it definitely looks like a long shot. I doubt that many teams would be interested in dealing with one another, but you never know...

I think that dealing Almond and Price would very questionable. Price did very well for us this year, and we will need an agressive PG off the bench even with the acquisition of Knight. Almond is another guy we should keep. His shooting, scoring ability and potential are too great to throw him in a trade at this point. I like Korver a lot, but he might leave.

So it comes down to Kenny Thomas and Tayshaun for AK and Collins. I don't like that for either side. I like Prince, but Kenny's contract is terrible so our financial situation really wouldn't go away.