PDA

View Full Version : Justin Harrell - DL

socalpkrbkr
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Packers 2007 first-round pick Justin Harrell had another setback last week in his recovery from back surgery and is out indefinitely.

The injury reportedly "doesn't look good." If Harrell needs another procedure, Green Bay might consider placing him on season-ending injured reserve.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Not good news at all. My god can this guy not stay healthy or what! Were getting thin on the D line. I heard McCarthy say he would be week to week in the press conference on Sat. but he didn't mention any new injury.

socalpkrbkr
07-28-2008, 02:34 PM
By Greg A. Bedard

Green Bay - When asked what his level of frustration is at the moment, Packers defensive tackle Justin Harrell just shook his head.

"Man, you don't even want to ask that right now," Harrell said. "But being frustrated isn't going to help the situation right now."

The Packers' first-round draft choice in 2007 had a setback about a week ago and the situation, based on the way he appeared Monday, doesn't look good. The worst-case scenario is that he'll need more surgery and likely miss the season.

"I was up here the whole offseason working out pretty good with some of the other injured guys, just getting ready and things were going good," Harrell said. "Up until last week, I was schedule to go for training camp. But you never know with injuries.

"We have a plan right now to try some things and we'll see how it works out. You've got to take it day by day. When it gets right, they'll let me go. Until then I just have to get going."

Harrell can't lift right now. About the only things he can do is ride the bike and work in the pool a little. He's taking some medication and has not had a cortisone shot "in a while."

Even if he comes back in a couple weeks, like last season, it's going to take him a lot of time to round into shape. From his demeanor in the locker room, the situation does not look promising.

hawkeye
07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I feel sorry for the fat kid, but this waste of space and draft pick is not to blame. This is just another example of Ted Thompson being a buffoon.

socalpkrbkr
07-28-2008, 02:48 PM
I feel sorry for the fat kid, but this waste of space and draft pick is not to blame. This is just another example of Ted Thompson being a buffoon.

This pick of TT sure isn't looking good now. (never was in my book) Yeah it's hard not to feel bad for the guy, you know he wants to prove Ted was right with him being picked.

newdude
07-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Not really surprising, but *sigh*, it keeps getting worse, the offseason that is.

hughest4
07-28-2008, 03:04 PM
This sucks for Justin Harrell, and it sucks for the team. We are kind of thin at DT right now so i was hoping he would be ready for the season...apparently that is probably not going to happen. Hopefully, he will heal quicker then they think and get back on the field soon

Ryan Diesel
07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Well, I'm sure glad we traded Corey Williams now. It's called Karma. When you piss in the face of the greatest QB of all time, bad things will probably happen to you.

uncfan44
07-28-2008, 03:25 PM
corey williams was just to expensive, and since we r SOOOO deep at DT we dont need him, and brett; rodgers is much better in fact brett's only worth a first round draft pick or a bench spot. lol

Ryan Diesel
07-28-2008, 03:29 PM
lol yeah, we're ONLY 35 mil under the cap, we couldn't possibly spare the money to sign good players like that.

servais77
07-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I am really surprised by this. I mean he was never injured in college or anything.

Right now

Jamal Reynolds > Justin Harrel.

hawkeye
07-28-2008, 04:33 PM
I am really surprised by this. I mean he was never injured in college or anything.

Right now

Jamal Reynolds > Justin Harrel.

Matt Millen > Ted Thompson

socalpkrbkr
07-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Matt Millen > Ted Thompson

We need to go through YEARS of dog **** before I'll consider that one.

Rtardz
07-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Well TT better get his cheap self on the ringer and bring in some more big boys to back up that D-line, its getting really thin.

Urbs
07-28-2008, 05:52 PM
I feel so much more justified for booing TT at the draft party after this pick and for not trading for Moss.. Good pick Thompson. What a waste of time, money, and pick.

wwfd1220
07-28-2008, 06:27 PM
all i can do is laugh at t.t. i feel bad for harrell because he is not the one who drafted him in the first round. but, he hasnt given back any of that first round money either, at least i am not aware that he did LOL.

Ryan Diesel
07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Hell, if you look back at it, when Thompson didn't want to give up a 4th rounder for Moss, he could have just given them this pick.

servais77
07-28-2008, 06:36 PM
say what you guys want about this upcoming season with brett favre gone and the worst gm in the history of football and how bad our team is.... because when the season starts and we are a good football team you guys won't have any excuses to pull out of your @$$ im no longer arguing with you people who blame injuries on gm's. the fact of the matter is that if the packers do good you look stupid and inside you'll realize just how much you really know about football. ill just start saving messages that you idiots write so that when ur predictions become absolutely false i can write them in response to your future bull crap.

Yeah but with Harrel's injury history this was all but a guarantee to happen. The guy has been hurt every single year of his life. It is what it is.

Randy Moss>>>>>>>>>>Justin Harrell.

You not posting>>>>>>>>You posting.

wwfd1220
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM
say what you guys want about this upcoming season with brett favre gone and the worst gm in the history of football and how bad our team is.... because when the season starts and we are a good football team you guys won't have any excuses to pull out of your @$$ im no longer arguing with you people who blame injuries on gm's. the fact of the matter is that if the packers do good you look stupid and inside you'll realize just how much you really know about football. ill just start saving messages that you idiots write so that when ur predictions become absolutely false i can write them in response to your future bull crap.

good, you do that. i am not going to waste my time saving yours, or jwdalys, or any other person on this forum who believes that without favre and grant(so far) that this team is going to better than last year, or GOOD for that matter. i guarantee you, i will have no excuses. i am fully able to admit when i am wrong.

SamG187
07-28-2008, 07:31 PM
well screw it, its look like McCarthy is gonna have to suit up now, the old ringer because we dont have N E body at DT is Jolly get suspended and Harrell is hurt..Cullen better just get back in there were gonna have to

wwfd1220
07-28-2008, 07:42 PM
LOL trade favre for a d-lineman

PackAttack09
07-28-2008, 08:02 PM
LOL trade favre for a d-lineman

everyone is happy with that, how did no one think of this yet!?

4favre4
07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Pick up BIG Grady Jackson.

4favre4
07-28-2008, 10:08 PM

Save this one.
TT is the worst GM ever ever ever ever.
It's not hard to draft good players and thats all TT has done and each year he has a lot of picks.
TT has guys who go out and scout all players that have a shot at getting drafted plus they get scouted by the NFL so TT looks at a tape for a few minutes and says pick him then does not want to pay them.
He never has got us a Free Agent besides when we were 4-12 and no choice.
He can't pay our starting running back more than our 2nd RB.
Won't let Favre take us to the super bowl.
Drafted Harrell.
Drafts alot of injury guys.
Wouldn't give up a 4th rounder that we picked up David Clowney with.
Wouldn't pick a gaurd in the early rounds of this draft but picks a WR, I may love Jordy but we did not need him we had bigger needs.
Picks Brohm to put even more pressure on Rodgers.
Thats just a few things he has done in the past 2 years.
I hope we do well this year. We have a team that can do well but not a championship team without Favre.
Even then we are just competive for it we would be as good if not a little better than the cowboys.
We need Freeagents.
We need a new GM.
We need Favre.
We need Grant.
We need you to not defend TT..............

AFlagRules
07-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Save this one.
TT is the worst GM ever ever ever ever.
It's not hard to draft good players and thats all TT has done and each year he has a lot of picks.
TT has guys who go out and scout all players that have a shot at getting drafted plus they get scouted by the NFL so TT looks at a tape for a few minutes and says pick him then does not want to pay them.
He never has got us a Free Agent besides when we were 4-12 and no choice.
He can't pay our starting running back more than our 2nd RB.
Won't let Favre take us to the super bowl.
Drafted Harrell.
Drafts alot of injury guys.
Wouldn't give up a 4th rounder that we picked up David Clowney with.
Wouldn't pick a gaurd in the early rounds of this draft but picks a WR, I may love Jordy but we did not need him we had bigger needs.
Picks Brohm to put even more pressure on Rodgers.
Thats just a few things he has done in the past 2 years.
I hope we do well this year. We have a team that can do well but not a championship team without Favre.
Even then we are just competive for it we would be as good if not a little better than the cowboys.
We need Freeagents.
We need a new GM.
We need Favre.
We need Grant.
We need you to not defend TT..............

There is a reason hes a GM and your not. There is a reason he's 35 mill under the cap and we still have a VERY solid team. In the NFL the best way to build is through the draft. Look at the Patriots. 80% of there key pieces are players they drafted. They're also always in a great cap situation, I wonder why they always are.

XJW18
07-28-2008, 11:28 PM
WOW
know we gotta go into Free Agency or a trade becuz we are getting really really thin at DT.

Richinillinois
07-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Why give more than 1.75 million signig bonus to Ryan Grant.....because he's played more games than Harrell the Heffer...How much did big Justin get TED?

socalpkrbkr
07-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Why give more than 1.75 million signig bonus to Ryan Grant.....because he's played more games than Harrell the Heffer...How much did big Justin get TED?

Contract Information for Justin Harrell

7/27/2007: Signed a six-year, $14.507 million contract. The deal contains $8.1 million in guarantees, including a $1 million first-year roster bonus. 2008: $370,000, (+ $5.3 million option bonus + $30,000 roster bonus), 2009: $460,000 (+ $186,625 roster bonus), 2010: $550,000 (+ $408,375 roster bonus), 2011: $650,000 (+ $575,000 roster bonus), 2012: $1,536,750, 2013: Free Agent

SamG187
07-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Tell good old Gilbert Brown we'll toss him some cash just come back haha

4favre4
07-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Good luck getting Thomposon to toss anybody any cash.

newdude
07-29-2008, 09:13 AM
There is a reason hes a GM and your not. There is a reason he's 35 mill under the cap and we still have a VERY solid team. In the NFL the best way to build is through the draft. Look at the Patriots. 80% of there key pieces are players they drafted. They're also always in a great cap situation, I wonder why they always are.

Well no freakin duh good teams are built through the draft. Even bad teams r built through the draft. Almost all of the teams in the NFL are made up of key players they drafted. It's no secret, thats why the draft is such a big event. The Pats r always in good cap situation is bcuz alot of players sign cheaper contracts, than their worth, so they can have a chance at a SB.

servais77
07-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Contract Information for Justin Harrell

7/27/2007: Signed a six-year, $14.507 million contract. The deal contains $8.1 million in guarantees, including a $1 million first-year roster bonus. 2008: $370,000, (+ $5.3 million option bonus + $30,000 roster bonus), 2009: $460,000 (+ $186,625 roster bonus), 2010: $550,000 (+ $408,375 roster bonus), 2011: $650,000 (+ $575,000 roster bonus), 2012: $1,536,750, 2013: Free Agent

I have a feeling Harrell may not make it all the way through that 6 year deal. Just a hunch.

BrewCityBuck
07-29-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm sorry to say, but after supporting this pick i'm now starting to turn the other way with it. Looking back and realizing that Justin Harrell's pretty much been hurt all the time going back to highschool, this pick is starting to piss me off.

socalpkrbkr
07-29-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry to say, but after supporting this pick i'm now starting to turn the other way with it. Looking back and realizing that Justin Harrell's pretty much been hurt all the time going back to highschool, this pick is starting to piss me off.

:nod:bout time.....

Packerbacker
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM

Patriots traded for Randy Moss:clap::clap: I appreciate you supporting our argument but trying to disguise it to make it look like you were on the other side of the argument, the Dark side, the Ted side.

Ryan Diesel
07-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Patriots sign a lot of FA's, I don't know where you've been the last 5 to 10. The patriots also cheat, who knows what kind of illegal salary cap manipulation they've got going on over there anyway. I don't put anything past them. What is the reason AFagRules that we're 35 mil under the cap?? Why should we settle for being solid when we have that much space to maneuver? We could probably be more than just a solid team and still have over 20 mil under the cap.

BrewCityBuck
07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
What is the reason AFagRules that we're 35 mil under the cap?? Why should we settle for being solid when we have that much space to maneuver? We could probably be more than just a solid team and still have over 20 mil under the cap.

The Packers are probably always going to be under the cap. Becuase we don't make as much profit as other teams around the league, it sucks but it's a way for the Packers to make up money and be able to spread it around.

Ryan Diesel
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Actually we're one of the most profitable teams in the NFL. Have been for over 15 years. Ever been to Lambeau?? It didn't always look like that you know. Every team is under the cap, what does that have to do with anything. That is the point of the cap, you can't go over it. We have the second most cap space in the NFL. 35 mil, the Packers have never been anywhere near having this much cap space.

BrewCityBuck
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
I mean, 'considerably' under the cap. Moreso than most teams.

After a 13-3 regular season, two home playoff games and a final bow from Brett Favre, the Green Bay Packers figured to have a pretty good year from a financial perspective.

And they did—but it wasn’t the moneymaking blockbuster some might have expected, a development that reinforced Packers executives’ long-term concerns about the financial health of the NFL.

The Packers took in about $241 million in operating revenue for the 2007-08 fiscal year that ended March 31, about 10 percent more than the previous year. But thanks to a significant rise in player costs, the team’s total operating profit fell more than 37 percent to $21.4 million.

“We had a good year,” Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy said. “But not as strong as you might have anticipated.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Packers executives believe the team ranks just outside the league’s top 10 most profitable franchises despite playing in its smallest media market. But they’re worried about the future after watching the team’s player costs skyrocket from $110 million in the 2006-07 fiscal year to $124 million last year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packersfinances&prov=ap&type=lgns

servais77
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
I got a solution to the Packers problem. Triple the cost of tickets. There are plenty of people waiting in line to pay for it.

XJW18
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Good luck getting Thomposon to toss anybody any cash.

ya true that!

socalpkrbkr
07-29-2008, 07:12 PM
I got a solution to the Packers problem. Triple the cost of tickets. There are plenty of people waiting in line to pay for it.

:speechless:

I wonder how many people would drop off the waiting list.