PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers still playoff team??

Cavs_Fan24
07-28-2008, 11:50 AM
I've seen WAAAYY too many season preview forums saying that the Cavs are going to be "battling" for the last 2 playoff spots but i still think that they're going to be a top team.

I just dont get how people can say were not going to be a playoff team when we just went to the finals in 2007, and then nearly beat the now NBA Champion Celtics.

Anyways, I would just like to see other Cavalier fans opinions about the playoff situation, so..

Are we still a playoff team?

I sure think so, maybe even a top 5 team still.

Thoughts??

Sbank
07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
We are a still at the top 5 team in the east but the other teams got better while we stayed back and didn't do any moves. I do think we see a move during the nba trade dead line that makes us much better then what we are now.

scandaless2
07-28-2008, 04:51 PM
i say 6-8 spot

scandaless2
07-28-2008, 05:04 PM
#1-boston
#2-orlando
#3-detroit
#4-phily
#5-toronto
6,7,8 "between" chicago, washington, cleveland

cleveland wont have a better record then these top 5 teams...

Gilbert>TheRest
07-28-2008, 05:23 PM
as long as u got lebron ur making the playoffs.

wow i think i need a shower after saying that:)

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-28-2008, 05:29 PM
We probably be better then Sixers still and the Raptors. Plus I see us making a huge trade around December to make us a favored to either be top 3 or to win the east.

O'neal will probably get hurt for Toronto at least 15 to 20 games. The Sixers are still short of a guy who can take over in the end and obviously a 3pt shooter..

enabring
07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
as long as u got lebron ur making the playoffs.

wow i think i need a shower after saying that:)

As long as we have Lebron (remember that he is so young and still improves a great deal from year to year) we are in the top three of the East.

EdTheRevelator
07-28-2008, 07:06 PM
As long as we have Lebron (remember that he is so young and still improves a great deal from year to year) we are in the top three of the East.

Him improving isn't a given. Don't count your championships before your playoff berths.

But yeah, we play in the East and have LeBron. Damn straight we're a playoff team.

IndiansFan337
07-29-2008, 11:51 AM
We probably be better then Sixers still and the Raptors. Plus I see us making a huge trade around December to make us a favored to either be top 3 or to win the east.

O'neal will probably get hurt for Toronto at least 15 to 20 games. The Sixers are still short of a guy who can take over in the end and obviously a 3pt shooter..

We are definitely still better than the Sixers. They overachieved last year. Obviously they added Brand, but they still have no 3 point shooters. And they have yet to re sign Williams & Iguodola. You can probably expect to see a small letdown from Iguodola this year once he secures his long term contract. And it will be tough for Andre Milelr to duplicate last season's numbers (even though he is in his contract year).

We probably ares till better than the Raptors as well. And although Detroit has continuously gotten the better of us during the regular season, there is no doubt in my mind that we would own them in a playoff series. They can't stop LeBron.

We need an upgrade at SG. And we don't have much offense aside from LeBron, Z & Gibson (if he can stay healthy this year).

Making big moves is the sexy thing to do. The Cavs haven't made any. That's why some of the media "experts" seem to think that Toronto & Philly are better than us now, even though that is likely not true.

qwestion13
07-29-2008, 03:08 PM
I think the Cavs are the 5th seed in the East. Behind Boston, Toronto, Philly, and Detroit.

As a Philly fan, I will support my claim that they will be better than the Cavs (keep in mind this is what I think your starting 5 is):

Starting 5:
PG Andre Miller > Delonte West
SG Andre Iguodala > Wally Sczerbiak
SF Thaddeus Young << LeBron James
PF Elton Brand > Ben Wallace
C Samuel Dalembert is greater than or equal to Big Z

Bench: Lou Williams (who the Cavs are drooling over), Kareem Rush, Willie Green, Jason Smith, Marreese Speights, Reggie Evans, Royal Ivey = Damon Jones, Daniel Gibson, Devin Brown, Joe Smith, Varejo

I don't even think it's close.

monster_mash
07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
JO is a sneeze away from a ruptured something. Brand is coming off a huge injury that let him play what? 10 games last yr. Granted he put up very nice #'s in those games. But we are talking about a full season of banging against JO(minus the sneeze) Bosh, Z and Ben, Okafor, etc. Boston is getting old. Ray Allen anybody? Posey bounced for the $$$. Washington....sure if nobody gets injured...which history has proven is not an easy thing. Detroit is getting older too. If the pistons don't make a move, I see them slowly declining. Orlando is gonna be tough. They are young and skilled. Cavs will have home court advantage in the first round.

qwestion13
07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
JO is a sneeze away from a ruptured something. Brand is coming off a huge injury that let him play what? 10 games last yr. Granted he put up very nice #'s in those games. But we are talking about a full season of banging against JO(minus the sneeze) Bosh, Z and Ben, Okafor, etc. Boston is getting old. Ray Allen anybody? Posey bounced for the $$$. Washington....sure if nobody gets injured...which history has proven is not an easy thing. Detroit is getting older too. If the pistons don't make a move, I see them slowly declining. Orlando is gonna be tough. They are young and skilled. Cavs will have home court advantage in the first round.

Because the Cavs have no question marks on their squad? Come on, don't be ignorant.

All of those things you said are true, each team has a lot of question marks and players that won't pan out. Hell, the Sixers may not even have Iggy and Lou come the beginning of the season (highly doubtful though). But to go through each team, except for yours, and rattle off what is wrong with them is just wrong.

monster_mash
07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
It's a Cavs forum. We all know what is wrong. Z is older and his back problems don't let him bang down low. Big Ben is old and losing skill as I type this. Boobie is undersized. West is pissed off. AV will probably not be here much longer. Sasha is decent when he is healthy. Damon couldn't get off the bench if he kissed Mike Browns *** for eternity. Wally is off in his la la la wallyworld. Joe Smith looked promising then his age caught up to him in the playoffs. But we do have one thing nobody else does and that is LBJ.

Cavs_Fan24
07-29-2008, 05:18 PM
^^^^true dat:nod::hi5: