PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith

2010 or Bust
07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I thought the Pistons had a sign and trade on the table for Smith but a league source says the the Eastern conference team with a deal on the table is not Detroit. Do you guys think that the Knicks are the team? The artcle on hoopshype said that it is a Eastern Conference Big Dog. I know this would kill our 2010 plans but Smith is a 22 year old stud.

Knicks-?
Celtics-doubt it
Detroit-we know its not detroit
Cleveland-I don't think they have anything to offer
Chicago-Ben Gordon for Smith
Miami-Beasly for Smith

midwestmadman
07-28-2008, 10:47 AM
The fact that they used the word big dog would rule out the Knicks, Miami, Chicago etc. Maybe Orlando but what would they be willing to part with? I am very puzzled if it isn't Detriot. I know they printed it up that a league source close to the situation said it wasn;t Detriot but how manytime do they say that and then it ends up being whom ever they were denying. There are many Eastern teams out there with pices to move but to call this team an Eastern Conference Big Dog I think of 2 teams that stand out and 3 teams on the bubble. Bos. and Detriot as the big digs, and Orlando, Cleveland and Washington on the bubble. I would also consider the Raptors who do need a SF but they have made some good moves already this season and I donlt know what they would give up to get Smith. Calderon, O'Neal and Bosh aren't going anywhere and Atlanta is going to move Smith for Parker and Jamario Moon!

midwestmadman
07-28-2008, 10:48 AM
I doubt that very much per my last sentence.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
This said a big dog team, which definitally is not referring to teams like Knicks/Pacers/Nets/etc.

It could be the Cavs, but I still think it's the Pistons.

2010 or Bust
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM
The Article I read yesterday said a Western Conference Power house and a Eastern Conference big dog had sign and trades on the table. Power house I think of a winning team but Big Dog I don't nesasarely think of a winning franchise. Toronto is a good team but I don't consider them big dog. I would think Chicago would be the front runner if its not Detroit. Chicago could offer Gordan and Deng for Smith but would they do that. New York could offer Zack who would be a good inside out combo with Joe Johnson and Al Hortford. Smith doesn't want to play for Atlanta so it put them in a tight spot.

2010 or Bust
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Knicks
Lakers
Celtics
Pistons
Bulls
Big Dog teams in NBA History.

2010 or Bust
07-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Smith would sign for around 10 to 12 mil a year and Zacks contract is at 14 mil a year. If the Hawks through in Claxton and we add Malik Rose expiring it could work.

Young2Kinsler
07-28-2008, 11:41 AM
First off, it's not the Knicks. And as for the Western side of things, I'm praying its the Mavs. We could package Josh Howard in a deal, who would make around the same money as a Smith, and ATL would get a great young player back for Smith.

thedfactor
07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah I see no way the Knicks able to land Smith. I had a similar thought that maybe the whole "Detroit says price for Smith is too much" is just a bluff and they are either the team with an offer on the table or still very interested. This could be them trying to shed other teams away. Anyway the Celtics aren't involved, Cavs don't have anything good to offer, the Magic could offer either Hedo or Lewis in a package, but would they? Chicago sending both Gordon and Deng for Smith doesn't seem workable nor reasonable. That leaves Detroit. In the West...Lakers I believe cannot work a deal around Odom due to the fact Smith's contract would have to be around 35 million to make that work and he wants double that. Spurs don't seem poised to trade their guys for him. Hornets are set right now. Jazz doesn't seem the possible destination for Smith as they are focused on Boozer right now. So what's left of west powers: Mavs and Rockets. I think a Josh Howard package gives Atlanta a solid return price over most other teams. As Mavs fan, I would sacrafice JHo and Bass for Smith.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Big dog could mean a big market, the Knicks are definitely in the mix, and the nuggets might help out and make this a 3 team trade.

philsphan28
07-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Apparently the Pistons made an offer, but the Hawks wanted too much and the negotiations have stopped there.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/SPORTS03/807280364/1051

So Detroit probably was this "Eastern Conference Big Dog" and now it doesn't look like that will work out.

hawks4
07-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Smith would sign for around 10 to 12 mil a year and Zacks contract is at 14 mil a year. If the Hawks through in Claxton and we add Malik Rose expiring it could work.

I would never agree to that trade. We would be trading athleticism for 2 slow *** power forwards. The Knicks are definitely not the team because they are not an Eastern Conference big dog.....

_Sn1P3r_
07-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Dobut it but I hope it's the Raptors. I don't know what they would ask from us though.

rapswin98
07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Dobut it but I hope it's the Raptors. I don't know what they would ask from us though.Maybe parker,moon,or kapono, with a draft pick, but i doubt it

MiamiHeat
07-28-2008, 01:44 PM
hell no beasley for smith?
lol no way

blount and haslem for smith is way better :D

KG#1
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
i could see orlando giving up hedo and a pick because hes expiring and they might not be able to pay him due to the monster lewis contract

SHONIE
07-28-2008, 03:30 PM
I bet it was detroit. It came out before the "no way detroit gets smith" article did