PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Jawai bails on Jason Kapono: Not a good sign for Jawai!

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I don’t know about this Nathan Jawai character.

He’s in town and was supposed to help Jason Kapono out yesterday judging the tryouts for the Dance Pak but had to bail because he was, allegedly, sick.

Hmm. Passing on Dance Pak judging? I wonder.

Doug Smith's blog http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Does anyone think he is an idiot for passing them up. I worked with one of the dance pack grils and I know for a fact he made a mistake. Sick my *** buddy.. hahaha.

WOULD YOU PASS IT UP? even if you are sick...hahah

carruthers32
07-28-2008, 11:20 AM
He could of just been sick, stop looking into things to much, i know its the boring part of the offseason, but comeon!!!

travesy3
07-28-2008, 11:23 AM
He is a second rounder, that is going to be fighting each game, each practice to stay in the league most likely. I doubt he is bailing on Kapono, he was probably actually sick. If he is bailing on him, not a good sign what so ever.

nstojic
07-28-2008, 11:39 AM
then again, he's not bailing on kapono, he's bailing on the raps media relations/PR people... they're the ones who asked these two to rep the players in judging.. it's not like kapono was 'hey nathan, can you help me judge the dancepack'

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 11:43 AM
He could of just been sick, stop looking into things to much, i know its the boring part of the offseason, but comeon!!!

I meant it more as a joke and I was not gonna get upset with him for missing it. I just found it funny that he missed it and Kapono was left to judge all the beautiful women by himself.. haha relax buddy!

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe he isnt interested in Canadian girls, and he's fine with the hunnies back in his island. =)

Chi-Town Finest
07-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Maybe he was holding his own personal tryout at his house!!!!

_Sn1P3r_
07-28-2008, 12:52 PM
If I was sick, I would still go. Lol.

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 01:12 PM

thats the best reason so far.. I like it.. haha

RapsFan4Life
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
on the court and off the court is a different thing who cares if Jawai isnt into dancer chicks ... and we all know J K is gay, we'll judge him when the season starts .. during off season i think players should be able to do whatever they want and that includes smoking pot ... yes brad miller !!!

B2B
07-28-2008, 01:44 PM

;) Scene

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
on the court and off the court is a different thing who cares if Jawai isnt into dancer chicks ... and we all know J K is gay, we'll judge him when the season starts .. during off season i think players should be able to do whatever they want and that includes smoking pot ... yes brad miller !!!

wow ok interesting..

brebre82
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Maybe he is just so focussed on ball right now, and such a model pro that to him, watching hot girls lunge back and forth is of zero priority. Or maybe he is Ameachi II

B2B
07-28-2008, 02:35 PM

Someone better tell his wife that asap or do you think she already knows :rolleyes:

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Someone better tell his wife that asap or do you think she already knows :rolleyes:

haha funny stuff

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Maybe the Raptors told him to stay home because of his 7'5" wingspan and his ability to grope the Dance Pak just by sitting at the judging table.

PR Disaster: Jawai a Bad Wai =P

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
I find it hilarious they would ask any of the players to be there. After talking to one of my friends at work who was on the dance pack last year, she said BC runs the thing like a military school. Tells the girls what they can and cant wear, what to eat and not to eat. Its crazy how involved he is with the dance pack..lol

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
I find it hilarious they would ask any of the players to be there. After talking to one of my friends at work who was on the dance pack last year, she said BC runs the thing like a military school. Tells the girls what they can and cant wear, what to eat and not to eat. Its crazy how involved he is with the dance pack..lol

Tell your friend, she can do whatever she wants to me =)

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Tell your friend, she can do whatever she wants to me =)

haha I will let her know, she seems rather picky. She is friends with Kris humphries.. Apparently Humphries lives with his parents in toronto. I could not believe it when i heard it..haha

viniciusdcs
07-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow, missing out on watching good looking girls dancing all day. He should've went even if he was sick.

Mile High Champ
07-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, missing out on watching good looking girls dancing all day. He should've went even if he was sick.

see you got the priorities right....

the life
07-28-2008, 05:06 PM
man... sick is sick you might find out one day. sometimes health is harder to have than sex.

Doug Smith's blog http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Does anyone think he is an idiot for passing them up. I worked with one of the dance pack grils and I know for a fact he made a mistake. Sick my *** buddy.. hahaha.

WOULD YOU PASS IT UP? even if you are sick...hahah

argo
07-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Geeeze, this must be the off season if we're this desperate for Raps news...

Maybe he's got a girlfriend like Doug Christie - she was a psycho, used to go on the road with him and wouldn't let him hang out at bars or around other girls. He was well known for this and took a ribbing from guys in the league. If a guy was whipped by his girl, they'd give him a Doug Christie jersey! :D

Seriously though, who wants to be the guy that makes everyone around him sick?

Mile High Champ
07-29-2008, 07:47 AM
hey news will always be slow in the offseaon and hell it provided some entertainment yesterday and today did it not?

Mile High Champ
07-29-2008, 09:06 AM
haha some people took a shot at me for calling out our new rookie for missing the dance pack judging. I said i was kidding and it was all about fun. Doug smith said the same thing today in his blog...haha..

A couple of cranky-pants over in the comments section seemed to think I was taking some veiled shot at Nathan Jawai yesterday by busting on him for calling in sick for the Dance Pak (oops, Irish Spring Dance Pak) auditions.

It was a joke, people. Chill.

Nothing nefarious behind it. A wee shot at the new kid for calling in sick. Thatís it.

Doug Smith
http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Musical Tempo
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM

While I worked at the ACC 2 seasons ago, BC came up to our kitchen and was talking to us how well the Raptors are going to do. I though he was a mad man, he was trying the hotdogs, popcorn, the roast beef etc. and judging it like he was our supervisor lol I think he was more critical then our head cheif.
BC runs the show in the ACC now for sure.

haha some people took a shot at me for calling out our new rookie for missing the dance pack judging. I said i was kidding and it was all about fun. Doug smith said the same thing today in his blog...haha..

Doug Smith
http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

So if Doug Smith says it ...its ok guys dont flame Mile High lol!!!! since Doug Smith said it:eyebrow:

As for the dancepak I wasnt too impressed with them when you got up close to them. I would have to admit 2 of them was banging, and I would brag like crazy if I sacked them, however the rest I would have done my business without talking about it and deny accusation of doing it like Kobe did back in '04.

I just realized Jawaii a pimp becasue probably half the dancepak went to this house with soup to see if he feeling better.

AFlagRules
07-31-2008, 12:24 AM
It depends how sick I really was. If it was a cold that wouldn't bother nobody, than i would definitely go. If i had the flu, or some sort of virus, obviously i wouldn't go.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 08:21 AM
While I worked at the ACC 2 seasons ago, BC came up to our kitchen and was talking to us how well the Raptors are going to do. I though he was a mad man, he was trying the hotdogs, popcorn, the roast beef etc. and judging it like he was our supervisor lol I think he was more critical then our head cheif.
BC runs the show in the ACC now for sure. .

That is hilarious, I had no idea that he did that with other parts of the organization, I can see him now spitting roast beef all over the chef calling it crap and we cant sell this. He is beyond involved in the organization to the point its just down right crazy..

Musical Tempo
07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
That is hilarious, I had no idea that he did that with other parts of the organization, I can see him now spitting roast beef all over the chef calling it crap and we cant sell this. He is beyond involved in the organization to the point its just down right crazy..

Yeah he is a character, and probably IMO the best GM this organizations has had so far.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah he is a character, and probably IMO the best GM this organizations has had so far.

I wish i had video of him trying all the food, would be hilarious, would show his commitment to the raptors and evrything they represent and sell.. hahah

Musical Tempo
07-31-2008, 12:48 PM
I wish i had video of him trying all the food, would be hilarious, would show his commitment to the raptors and evrything they represent and sell.. hahah

You can see his committed even from watching the games on TV. He is always near the players not up in a box. He has full communication with players throughout the game. He also always around the ACC concourse even during game time, which is rare for upper management, since they get harassed but he deals with it on a professional level.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 01:51 PM
You can see his committed even from watching the games on TV. He is always near the players not up in a box. He has full communication with players throughout the game. He also always around the ACC concourse even during game time, which is rare for upper management, since they get harassed but he deals with it on a professional level.

Ohh yeah for sure but I knew he would be close to the team that way. Just could not believe he was so close to food preparation and dance pack girls..

Musical Tempo
07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Ohh yeah for sure but I knew he would be close to the team that way. Just could not believe he was so close to food preparation and dance pack girls..

He is very smart. Its all networking. MLSE owns the whole building from fans serves to the Raptors. He just rubs his nose in everything a little bit, making him look like the class act GM which he is. He should test out the ACCís security, bring booze into the stairways & washroom, sneaking outside booze ACC or even letting a minor drink. (If you worked at the acc you would know how serious their security is about alcoholic and their liquor license)

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 03:32 PM
He is very smart. Its all networking. MLSE owns the whole building from fans serves to the Raptors. He just rubs his nose in everything a little bit, making him look like the class act GM which he is. He should test out the ACCís security, bring booze into the stairways & washroom, sneaking outside booze ACC or even letting a minor drink. (If you worked at the acc you would know how serious their security is about alcoholic and their liquor license)

ohh yeah some great points, I can imagine it is pretty strict atmosphere there. Did you ever meet him? I met him once and talked to him for 5 mins I guess, was exciting, talked about players around the nba, even Jermaine O'Neal, this was before the playoffs ended. I told him I really wanted JO.. he just kind of laughed and smiled....

Musical Tempo
07-31-2008, 06:48 PM
ohh yeah some great points, I can imagine it is pretty strict atmosphere there. Did you ever meet him? I met him once and talked to him for 5 mins I guess, was exciting, talked about players around the nba, even Jermaine O'Neal, this was before the playoffs ended. I told him I really wanted JO.. he just kind of laughed and smiled....

I side Hi. and Draft me 2010, however the joke died since 2 of my co-workers said the same thing right after me. We didn't get a real conversation in, about ball since I was working and my supervisor was right beside me.

So by saying you asked for JO before playoffs your saying he got him because of you? So I'm guessing Mile High should became BC assistant GM?(SARCASM):eyebrow:

I talked to Rautin's for a like 20 min he is a little to full of himself got me angry. I honestly don't blame so many good Canadian basketball player leaving or choosing not to play with him. Leaves a lot of unanswered question, similar to the situation with team Canada, and why Denham Brown didn't attend camp, and why his son is on the roster over some great NCAA players like Jevhon Sheppard, Vladimiar Kulijnin aka Mr. Double/Double, Theo Davis, etc

His system doesn't make any sense to me. If you can explain it I'm glad to listen.