PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors 6th Man In 08'-09'!?...

montaellisfan
07-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Al Harrington. yup. like it or love it he's gonna be 1st off the bench. especially if Nelson wants to go small. i would hope Ronny would sub in for Andris otherwise. But i think Al for the most part will be our guy. Nelson wanted Harrington for the 6th man role last year. i think he will be ahead of Brandon Wright at first because of his experience and versatility. and i dont think we will see too much of Randolph at PF, he maybe more suited at the 3 for now.
it seems like in every thread someone is trying to get rid of Harrington. yes he's overpaid but if we want to trade him we need value in return. and right now no one wants to pay that much money for 13 pts and 5 boards a game. cant blame them. so we need to just wait and let it play out. it is possible he could be really good this upcoming season. theres not as much pressure to play "big". and we got some bangers now so Al can focus more on offense. i remember Al talking about how he wishes Nelson would let him post up more... except he's terrible around the rim. but hey give the guy a chance!

mihirdesu
07-28-2008, 09:58 AM
So who do you have starting at pf if harrington, wright, and randolph are all on the bench? Turiaf? No way. Harrington is starting.

TOTES
07-28-2008, 12:04 PM
unless harrington is traded- he's starting. our 6th man will either be buike or wright. i think both will have a great opportunity to prove themselves.

Aliengames
07-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Al Harrington. yup. like it or love it he's gonna be 1st off the bench. especially if Nelson wants to go small.

Al Harrington *IS* a smallball / Nellieball Power-Forward. He is definitely starting.

gowarriors
07-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Harrington will start at PF.

Sixth man:

kelenna Azubuike

montaellisfan
07-28-2008, 05:53 PM
u guys are right i didnt even think about who'd be starting at PF. duh

oracle650
07-28-2008, 06:40 PM
randolph. I think nellie gonna play younger players this year.

Saltinuts40
07-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Buke or Turiaf, depending on the team.

Buke can play the 2 or the 3, and Turiaf can play the 4 or the 5. The only other option is Marcus Williams if they want him to play point, move Ellis to the 2, Mags at 3, move Jack to 4 and Harrington to 5.

IamTurboman
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Buke or Turiaf, depending on the team.

Buke can play the 2 or the 3, and Turiaf can play the 4 or the 5. The only other option is Marcus Williams if they want him to play point, move Ellis to the 2, Mags at 3, move Jack to 4 and Harrington to 5.Even for the W's, that's a super small lineup!

Lincoln Logs
07-28-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm telling you Belinelli is going to be the perfect 6th man.

But Kelenna will probably be getting the most off the bench minutes.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
I will be the 6th man... along wid the other fans who will be at the home games...

IMO the fans gotta be the 6th man.. Remember the playoffs against the Mavs.. The commentators were saying this is the loudest arena they have ever heard..

As for the the first guy off the bench... It will be Buike..

oracle650
07-28-2008, 08:29 PM
^real talk

ULT WARRIOR408
07-28-2008, 09:34 PM
He Just Might Be Better Coming Of The Bench

GSW Hoops
07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
I hear you guys when you want to know who is going to start at PF, but I agree that harrington wil be our sixth man most of the time. I personally don't think ellis can run the point effectively, making us start jack or maggette at the other forward slot, especially if we're playing a team with a soft pf that jack can defend. I see us starting turiaf against stronger pfs like amare or duncan, which would probably bring jack off the bench.

I don't think our lineup will be as set as it has been in the past with this new roster. We're much deeper with turiaf, williams and magette, as we now have something we didn't last season: a solid backup pf/c and backup (possibly starting) pg. And I think we can do more to adapt to our opponent (as well as make them adapt to us) in certain situations with that depth.