PDA

View Full Version : Are we there Yet??

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-28-2008, 02:06 AM
What do you think? Is this the end of the excitement? Is there any other moves that Mully can realistically pull off that will make us better? I know things will most likely die down and we won't here much on the Warriors but I can't help but to think that something will happen.

Aliengames
07-28-2008, 02:10 AM
What do you think? Is this the end of the excitement? Is there any other moves that Mully can realistically pull off that will make us better? I know things will most likely die down and we won't here much on the Warriors but I can't help but to think that something will happen.

Well I think we're a 45-50 win team as is... I'm not tripping like most of you guys about further trades or acquisitions.

oracle650
07-28-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm satisfied with this line up and I'm sure we touch the playoffs.

Manila Hitman
07-28-2008, 02:18 AM
We will definitely be in the playoff hunt if all our pieces can gel together. I don't see us as a playoff team at the moment (the West is too damn strong), but we can sneak in if one of the teams projected above us gets an injury or has some sort of meltdown. Time will tell.

djeller1139
07-28-2008, 02:38 AM
I think overall this offseason was productive and set us up perfectly for the future. We have a team that will be in the hunt. We may not be a dominate force, but we will be competitive. We have young players locked up for the future, and we have our biggest cotracts coming off the books within the next two years, putting us into a good position to make a big FA splash or trade. Our draft was a success, as Randolph looks like he could be a productive player in the future. Overall, even though we lost the face (or beard?) of the franchise, we turn this over to our players who are here for the long run, and soon we will be a force in the West.

gowarriors
07-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Signing Biedrins was huge.

I think all trades are off for now and yes I think this roster can make the playoffs.

At many positions we are 3 deep, which means that this team can go deep into the playoffs.

Thatruth32
07-28-2008, 03:28 PM
compared to the way it started with baron opting out and brand not comming even tho we offered the most $ ... i think we should all be thankfull that we got added a few parts... re signed our future and had randloph fall to 14... IM A HAPPY WARRIOR FAN

jrivera
07-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Yes I like how the W's set themselves up this year...From here on out its only gonna get better.. Good Job to Nelly!

Lincoln Logs
07-28-2008, 07:40 PM
I think overall this offseason was productive and set us up perfectly for the future. We have a team that will be in the hunt. We may not be a dominate force, but we will be competitive. We have young players locked up for the future, and we have our biggest cotracts coming off the books within the next two years, putting us into a good position to make a big FA splash or trade. Our draft was a success, as Randolph looks like he could be a productive player in the future. Overall, even though we lost the face (or beard?) of the franchise, we turn this over to our players who are here for the long run, and soon we will be a force in the West.

Haha how completely different from the WIN-NOW, TRADE EVERYBODY THIS TEAM WILL NEVER COMPETE, mentality you had earlier. I agree with what you said though in this post.

Dub Show4life
07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I know every hates this and I do too but I heard about a possible trade rumor (with no link, i looked everywhere online) that may be being discussed that shakes down like this...
Warriors Get:
Josh Smith (S & T), Rashad McCants, and Rodney Carney
Wolves Get:
Al Harrington, 2009 1st Round Pick
Hawks get:
Brandan Wright, Marco Bellineli

Yeah, Yeah, i don't want to hear about how there is no link for this but I heard that it may be on the table. What do you think?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-28-2008, 09:14 PM
The Only Other Move Would Be Trading Harrington & I Dont Consider That To Be A Big Move. Now As Far As Anything Else Naw So I Think This Could Be The End

ULT WARRIOR408
07-28-2008, 09:16 PM
The Only Other Move Would Be Trading Harrington & I Dont Consider That To Be A Big Move. Now As Far As Anything Else Naw So I Think This Could Be The End:speechless:

djeller1139
07-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Haha how completely different from the WIN-NOW, TRADE EVERYBODY THIS TEAM WILL NEVER COMPETE, mentality you had earlier. I agree with what you said though in this post.

I said trade for a real PF this whole offseason. I never said trade everybody. I admit, my views have changed as I learned more about the team this off season and what not. With our cap maxed out, we have no more options truly. I would have loved it had we gotten Brand or Okafor or Josh Smith, but I'm satisfied with our current team, mainly because this sets us up well for the next few years. With about 9 mil from Harrington and 7 from Foyle off the books next offseason, we will have the freedom to fill a space or two possibly, and then the following year when Jackson leaves, we will have enough money to get Bosh or Amare. I hate the idea of waiting, especially after we've been so close to being an extremely competitive team the past few seasons...This season should be interesting, but I will be waiting for the off season as well.

djeller1139
07-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I know every hates this and I do too but I heard about a possible trade rumor (with no link, i looked everywhere online) that may be being discussed that shakes down like this...
Warriors Get:
Josh Smith (S & T), Rashad McCants, and Rodney Carney
Wolves Get:
Al Harrington, 2009 1st Round Pick
Hawks get:
Brandan Wright, Marco Bellineli

Yeah, Yeah, i don't want to hear about how there is no link for this but I heard that it may be on the table. What do you think?

I think i would deffinately do this deal right now! That would be an awesome trade that keeps us young and would make us very competitive.

McCants/Williams
Ellis/Jackson/Buike
Maggette/Jackson/Carney/Randolph
Smith/Hendrix/Turiaf/Randolph
Biedrins/Turiaf

Even if you didn't find a link did you hear this somewhere? Radio? Magazine? Newspaper? To me it seems like the Warriors get a lot back and give up a little, but I'll take it any day of the week!

Lincoln Logs
07-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Haha well I've seen you propose ideas that would give up Baron(when we all thought he was coming back, but in HINDSIGHT, seems like a good idea), Jackson, Harrington, Wright, Belinelli, and the 14th pick(Randolph) in different trade proposals(not all at once.) You even told me we should get rid of Biedrins before :pity:

Patience, I told you this year would be about developing the youth, while still remaining competitive. Seems like your stance is now similar, and content, with that :D
Oh, and all that money that would become free from Harrington/Foyle/Jackson in a few years is going towards the Monta and Biedrins signings, since they don't count this year because of bird rights. I don't know if we'll be able to land one of those FAs...

Dub Show4life
07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
djeller-it's a friend of mine and he doesn't tell me where he hears things but he told me about the Jackson/Harrington trade the morning before it was reported that afternoon so i really don't know but if that went through we would have the MOST EXCITING FAST BREAK in the NBA in years!

Dub Show4life
07-29-2008, 12:01 AM
and the Warriors actually do give up a lot when you consider its basically 3 first round picks (Marco, Wright, and next years pick) and Harrington.