PDA

View Full Version : Predict the 2008-2009 Pistons record

Wade3
07-27-2008, 11:06 PM
What do you guys think the 2008-2009 regular season record will be under 50, over 50, over 55, over 60.

NYMetros
07-27-2008, 11:38 PM
I will go with 60-22. So I guess that qualifies as over 55.

Pretty much right on par with what we did last year, but just a tick better. We also have an improved Rodney Stuckey and Jason Maxiel, so that should give us a better bench.

Wade3
07-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Id say over 55 but we do need to atleast sign a free agent if we dont trade

glmaddog57
07-27-2008, 11:52 PM
I think it will be tougher this year than any other to predict the wins the Pistons will attain. One reason because at this time we don't know what the make-up of the team will be. two the east really improved a ton this off season so far and 3 if they retain chauncey.rasheed and tashaun will they play with spark or displacement over all the trade talk. They may just go through the motions or they may play with a passion as they did in the Ben Wallace days. As a Piston lover I trust Joe D. as I would my mother so I will end this with one comment that will rub everyone wrong. I hope someday somehow someway they find a place for Isiah Thomas in this organization.He gave all us loyal Piston fans decades of fond memories. I dont care about NY or Indiana or Toronto I hope you come home soon Isiah most of us love you very much!

~Troy
07-28-2008, 12:04 AM
I think they'll be 55-27 and finish #2 in the ECF again but won't make it to the Finals.

RKLamb
07-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Isiah should get his jersey retired as a Piston if it has not already, nothing else nothing less. Yeah he was a good player, but even then he had some character issues. Like my boss tells me you are a representative of your company and what you do reflects on the entire company, especially when its in the news and negative. When people think of Isiah they dont think of New York, Toronto, and Indiana. They think Isiah Thomas the original Bad Boy and former Pistons great. Here when he was in the news they never announced him as a New York coach or gm they always say former Piston great Isiah Thomas is back in the news. Cant keep rewarding people for bad behavior and character.

Dalionking
07-28-2008, 12:49 AM
it already is. has been for a couple years

JackB
07-28-2008, 09:14 AM
I think they will be 51 - 31 . Yes again second in the ECF. If the team remains the same.Even with an improved Stucey and Maxiell. Don't forget several of the other teams in the east will be better. The Magic,the 76's and even the Hawks to name a few. And once again 50 plus really means nothing if they don't win it all.Boston is still the team to beat .

glmaddog57
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Since when in professional sports fandom does character become an issue look at Shaq,Kobe,and I can't wait until Michael Vick is released and he'll be beloved by the fans of the team that chooses to resign him. This is in response to the Isiah Thomas flaired character comment. I think we as fans need not be fairweather ones like the ones in New York that had the audasity to even run Babe Ruth out of town. Larry Bird isnt fairing so well in Indiana and you see how long Magic lasted in LA, they couldnt even hold on to the great Jerry West.and as for Jordan well look at how his relationship ended up in Washington, I still say give Isaih a job at home and lets hope all our Michigan atheletes have a character issue like that. Heck if the Fords were smart they would hire him in thier front office.

RKLamb
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Michael Vick is done except for the people who think he was railroaded. Isiah resume outside of playing has been awful on every team he has been a part of. Forget his character his handling of Toronto and the Knicks is enough to not give him no decision making position any where. Imagine if the Pistons had all those over-paid loosers from the Knicks here you would not be saying give him a chance. And to be honest the knicks are by far the worst team I have seen in the history of the NBA. They are what Duke and Temple are to college football.

Dalionking
07-29-2008, 01:00 AM
i wouldnt mind having zeke back here but just as a face. no power and no imput on players. he is still the most popular piston alive.

RKLamb
07-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Dont know even in a meaningless position dont know what the benefit would be other than being nice to him. I would say most popular Piston of all times is either him or Dennis Rodman.

Dalionking
07-29-2008, 02:26 AM
rodman? come on. lamb is way more popular than rodman. hell even rick mahorn is more popular than rodman

RKLamb
07-29-2008, 03:03 AM
In Detroit but outside it is Rodman. No one outside of Detroit even remembers Mahorn playing basketball.

midwestmadman
07-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Isiah resume outside of playing has been awful on every team he has been a part of.

When Thomas first took over as coach in Indiana they had a great turn around and he was up for coach of the year. I agree that he has made an awful amount of blunders and more than questionable calls by signing average FA players to "overly generous" contracts while taking on big contracts for players that were big busts. Those moves can easily make you forget that he was a good coach when he started his post playing career off.......... as long as someone else put the team together.

midwestmadman
07-29-2008, 10:28 AM
I think most people remember Rodmans antics when he was a Spur or a Chicago Bull as far as people outside Detroit go. He is popular yes but from being a Piston I'm not so certian about that.

midwestmadman
07-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Oh yeah and my record prediction for 2008-2009 season:
53-29
that would be 6 games under last year. I am basing this off of today's roster, if a big trade is made I may increase or decrease the total.