PDA

View Full Version : *Rumor: Hedo trade*

*Superman*
07-27-2008, 10:13 PM
This is something i found. Last summer, Hedo was involved in trade talks to the Kings, but it failed. Again this summer he is involved in rumors to be moved to the Kings. Wanted to know what you all would think if this happened. This is totally a rumor and i doubt 100% it would happen, but their is nothing to talk about anyways.

Magic receive: Ron Artest, Kenny Thomas, 2nd rounder

Kings receive: Hedo, JJ, Bogans, Cook, 1st rounder

I would like to get Artest, brings solid D and offense. I don't want that deal cause of Thomas's horrible contract, 2 years 8mill.

http://mvn.com/nba-magic/2008/07/27/orlando-magic-future-speculation/

Reezy
07-27-2008, 10:58 PM
It would be great to have Artest at the 2 spot! What's KT's contract?

*Superman*
07-27-2008, 11:14 PM
^ Real horrible, for a guy that gets about 2 points and like 2-4 rebounds in 14 minutes, he gets paid 8million each year, for 2 more years....Yeah that bad.

IMO he should have been bought out a long time ago.
I like Artest and say we could try Artest for Hedo straight up.

Edit: Just looked at his stats on ESPN again and those are his stats for last season and he was probably injured or something cause he played about 20 games.

Career averages aren't that bad, about 10PPG and 7-8RBS not worth 8mill though. Ends in the summer of 2010 so its all good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3345

phils07
07-27-2008, 11:50 PM
it wouldnt really matter about kennys contract if ur owner is willing to pay. its not like it would disrupt any signings next year if u actually do this possible deal. nelson, lee, artest, lewis, and howard is a definite title contender. but i still think with Hedo ur a title contender pending the further development of Howard. those title chances would increase with Artest because of his defensive contributions in addition to his offensive ones.

in other words, i would do this deal.

29$JerZ
07-28-2008, 01:02 AM
If you can trade basically Hedo for Artest I say do it. Kenny might be a bum but his contract becomes valuable for a team looking to get under the Cap for 2010.

Reezy
07-29-2008, 12:19 PM
If you can trade basically Hedo for Artest I say do it. Kenny might be a bum but his contract becomes valuable for a team looking to get under the Cap for 2010.
Well, as much as I like Hedo, I'd definitely think about getting Artest here. He'd be a huge difference maker and the defender we desperately need.

*Superman*
07-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Scatch this thread...Damn all we had to do is offer **** to the Kings and we could have had Artest to!

Chris36Chambers
07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
I got to see Kenny play in Philly a lot & honestly he is not bad as ppl make him out to be. He is a 10 & 10 guy if he is in heavy rotation. He's not worth his contact but the bad contract is only for two years. But w/ his 8.5 million coming off in 2010 along w/ Battie 6 million put us in a great position to try to aquire Lebron, Melo, Wade, or Bosh.

ragee
07-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Artest is going to the Rockets...

Reezy
07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Scatch this thread...Damn all we had to do is offer **** to the Kings and we could have had Artest to!
Yeah, but would we have been able to re-sign Artest? If not, we'd have to win the championship in only one year.

*Superman*
07-31-2008, 12:17 AM
If we had a good season, i don't see why he wouldn't take an extension, but it doesn't matter anymore, its over.