PDA

View Full Version : Bannister for Melky Cabrera

MastaPeacock
07-27-2008, 10:09 PM
On the main page of the royals rumors, this one is listed. What do you guys think? I think it'd be ********. Banny's young and has had a lot of ups followed by this two month long slump... this is no time to give up on a young guy that was in contention for ROY last year. Melky Cabrera sucks btw.

BaRRySandAmaN
07-27-2008, 10:48 PM
On the main page of the royals rumors, this one is listed. What do you guys think? I think it'd be ********. Banny's young and has had a lot of ups followed by this two month long slump... this is no time to give up on a young guy that was in contention for ROY last year. Melky Cabrera sucks btw.
Melky Doesnt really suck, he is a good player but I dont think he is a good deal for Bannister.

CubFanSince84
07-28-2008, 03:03 AM
no, not worth it. i don't think melky has been the star everyone thought he would and i think banny has potential to be better than the has been this year. not worth the gamble.

IndiansFan337
07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
I don't think the Royals want to part with Bannister, especially for a slumping mediocre OF'er.

Bwangster12
07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Wait, I am confused. Bannister is 27ish, had a "nice" year last year... but this year is terrible.

What exactly are you afraid of losing? I think Bannister is a nice little pitcher but by no means is he anything close to resembling a prospect.

If you think Melky is a "slumping mediocre OF'er" than this in my opinion is a very even deal, because Bannister is a "slumping mediocre P'er."

Humongo
07-28-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll reiterate for IF337;

Bannister may be a slumping. mediocre pitcher, but Melky is a slumping, terrible OF.

87 OPS+ career, never even had an individual season in which he's even been league average. He's got average isolated patience, well below average SLG, well below average OPS, and he doesn't steal bases at a ~80% clip. His defense doesn't make up for the fact that he's a pudgy, terrible hitter.

Bannister's got more value than Melky.

Hope you're no longer confused.

Bwangster12
07-28-2008, 11:41 AM
I'll reiterate for IF337;

Bannister may be a slumping. mediocre pitcher, but Melky is a slumping, terrible OF.

87 OPS+ career, never even had an individual season in which he's even been league average. He's got average isolated patience, well below average SLG, well below average OPS, and he doesn't steal bases at a ~80% clip. His defense doesn't make up for the fact that he's a pudgy, terrible hitter.

Bannister's got more value than Melky.

Hope you're no longer confused.

You can analyze the numbers all you want, but calling Melky Cabrera a terrible OF is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

PhillyLuver
07-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Melky Cabrera isnt' a good hitter at all..

I wouldn't do that

MastaPeacock
07-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Bottom line, mediocre pitcher that is slumping v mediocre outfielder that is slumping... always take the pitcher. Pitchers are more important than hitters. We also have a glut of mediocre outfielders and mediocre outfield prospects (see Teahen, Gathright, DeJesus, Maier, Costa, Lubanski, Gload occasionally, and Guillen who is a little better than mediocre.) We have no need for another mediocre OFer.

rhensley3
07-28-2008, 08:50 PM
with all due respect to mr cabrera.....i'll pass on this one. compare upsides and you'll see it plain enough. would you rather have a good position player...or a good starting pitcher? we have many decent looking position players seemingly playing into their own right now. good pitching is a premium right now, and while there's still a chance bannister will blossum...i say keep him.

GeraldRFord
07-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Both players are struggling, one is three years younger.

I'll keep Melky, thanks.

MetsFan28
08-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Maybe if it was like Bannister and DeJesus for Melky and Kennedy.