PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Baron Davis

Kdirt
07-27-2008, 09:25 PM
I cant lie, when Baron opted out and signed with the Clippers I thought that our franchise had just crumbled. Baron being my favorite player and certainly the Warrior's best player, it definetly left a void. I think Mullin has done a fantastic job to rebuild this team though. We essentially traded Baron Davis for Maggette, Marcus Williams, and Ronny Turiaf. Maggette will cover his points, Turiaf provides toughness we lacked last year and Williams has the potential to be good or great. It takes point guards a bit longer to develop, look at Steve Nash and Chauncey Billups. Billups I think went through 2 systems before he became an all star point. We dont know how good we will because of a drastic make over and position changes, but its certainly looking better than it is worse. We might not be a better team next year without Baron, but we are definetly younger and have a more solid foundation for the future.

lincecum=future
07-27-2008, 09:27 PM
I agree. I immediately jumped to the rebuild bandwagon when he first left but Mullin has assembled a team that will be good for the future as well as compete right now. Hopefully Monta can prove he can handle the point.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Yep It Was A Blessing In Deskize

Saltinuts40
07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
his opting out allowed us to re-sign Ellis and Biedrins, make a run at Gilbert and Elton, sign Maggette, match Azubuike and sign Ronny Turiaf.

Maggette would not be a Warrior if he hadn't left.

Turiaf would not be a Warrior if he hadn't left.

Re-Signing Ellis and Biedrins with Baron still here would have probably meant goodbye to Buke too.

I think we are better for the long term with the team we have now.

Marcus Williams provides insurance if Ellis is better at the 2. With Stephen Jackson up for an extension next off-season, we might decide to move him for a lineup of Williams, Ellis, Maggette, Wright and Biedrins in 2009-10.

Ellis, Jackson, Maggette, Harrington and Biedrins is a great starting lineup
Williams, Bellinelli, Azuibuke, Wright, and Turiaf is a great 2nd unit.
Watson, Randolph, Hendrix and Perovic mean we have two capable players that will be inactive on game days.

J.U.I.C.E.
07-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I agree. I think in time this will be better for our franchise and it also pretty much destroyed the Clippers too. I don't think they are nearly the team they could have been

oracle650
07-27-2008, 10:17 PM
thanks baron. LOL couldn't have done with out you. or with you. you can watch us iin the playoffs this year.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Yo Oracle Whats Up My *****.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-27-2008, 10:47 PM
It was a blessing... I think everyone agrees with that. The thing is... we still will have money to spend in the coming offseason with a few contracts coming off the books. Mullin has grown to be a smarter GM.. I had my doubts when he gave horrible contracts to dunleavy, murphy and especially foyle..

Our future is bright and it looks like we wont go through another decade of missing the playoffs..
We sure do have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs...

ULT WARRIOR408
07-27-2008, 10:52 PM
MUllin Gets Da Credit But Its Nellie Who's Making All The Moves Oracle Has A Thread Posted Calls Nelsons Touch You Should Read It Dawg Its A Sacramento Bee Talking About How Nellie Is The Secret G.m.

Conor
07-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Yup, things turned out well for us in the end. But I'll still boo Baron when he returns to Oracle next year.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
It really is. We have a solid young team. I love this years draft. I can't wait for the season to start

oracle650
07-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Yo Oracle Whats Up My *****.

what it do cuzzo ult mane?!?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Nothin Much.hiw Much You Wanna Bet Baron Wishin He Would Have Stayed I Cant Wait Until The Season Starts Better Yet Until We Play Baron & His New Weak-*** Team Its Gonna Be On & Crackin. We Gonna Smash On Baron With His Dazzy Dukes On Lol

oracle650
07-28-2008, 12:21 AM
^lmao

ejdacanay
07-28-2008, 12:34 AM
thanks Baron. and prefer for some boos when you come back here.

TOTES
07-28-2008, 01:35 AM
thanks Baron. and prefer for some boos when you come back here.

if you boo him then you are either sad and/or mad he left- you then have no reason to thank him...right? davis did sooo much for this franchise, i just don't see how someone could boo on his return. he did whats best for him and his career and it turned out to be a great thing for the warriors. win - win.

btw the 08-09 season is gonna be TOTES!

Manila Hitman
07-28-2008, 02:27 AM
I cant lie, when Baron opted out and signed with the Clippers I thought that our franchise had just crumbled. Baron being my favorite player and certainly the Warrior's best player, it definetly left a void. I think Mullin has done a fantastic job to rebuild this team though. We essentially traded Baron Davis for Maggette, Marcus Williams, and Ronny Turiaf. Maggette will cover his points, Turiaf provides toughness we lacked last year and Williams has the potential to be good or great. It takes point guards a bit longer to develop, look at Steve Nash and Chauncey Billups. Billups I think went through 2 systems before he became an all star point. We dont know how good we will because of a drastic make over and position changes, but its certainly looking better than it is worse. We might not be a better team next year without Baron, but we are definetly younger and have a more solid foundation for the future.

My thoughts exactly.:clap:

I can't say that we are going to be better than our team than last year (let's face it, Baron was the engine)... but I can say that we made our team extremely younger and a lot more talented. There is a possiblity that if each player pans out, we can be 12 deep! I know that's not realistic, but if we rotate our players the way Boston does in the regular season, we can hold a very deep bench. Fun times in the Bay once again. Let's start the season already!!!