PDA

View Full Version : Boozer's Future

phlp_bj
07-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Now that the Utah Jazz have locked in Deron Williams for at least four more seasons, the focus has shifted to keeping Carlos Boozer on the court with him. Boozer has one more guaranteed year left on his contract before his player option (worth more than $12 million) kicks in for the 2009-2010 season. Is Williams' long-term commitment to the Jazz a big enough draw to keep Boozer in Utah?

Boozer, who spends his offseason in Miami, recently addressed talks of being traded to the HEAT. He told the Boston Globe the rumors are just that, rumors. "Obviously, they have a huge hole at power forward. I'm very good friends with [HEATowner] Micky Arison. So, the rumors are going to fly. We'll worry about those [rumors] later. I don't concern myself with rumors, rumors of being traded," he said.

According to the Deseret News, Williams made a plea with Boozer to stay with the Jazz the day he re-upped his contract. Williams also had a hand in convincing the Jazz to re-sign C.J. Miles and admitted that although he is not overbearing in discussions with team executives, he will offer his input if asked. Now it is up to Boozer and the Jazz to heed his suggestions.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9606

kswissdaf
07-27-2008, 07:54 PM
i hope he comes to miami

lakers4sho
07-27-2008, 08:19 PM
I think Utah will try its very hardest to keep the Boozer-Williams duo, b/c Sloan's pick-and-roll game suits them the best. I don't think the Jazz would get anything of equal value if they traded Boozer to the Heat. Unless they get D-Wade, which I highly doubt.

LayZbone
07-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I think Utah will try its very hardest to keep the Boozer-Williams duo, b/c Sloan's pick-and-roll game suits them the best. I don't think the Jazz would get anything of equal value if they traded Boozer to the Heat. Unless they get D-Wade, which I highly doubt.

I think the rumors are pointing more towards Miami letting Marion expire this season, and signing Boozer in the summer of 09 to have a core of Boozer/Beasley/Wade.

lakers4sho
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
I think the rumors are pointing more towards Miami letting Marion expire this season, and signing Boozer in the summer of 09 to have a core of Boozer/Beasley/Wade.

Will Utah just let him go without anything in return? I don't think so.

LayZbone
07-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Will Utah just let him go without anything in return? I don't think so.

He has a player option....is it really their choice?

lakers4sho
07-27-2008, 08:33 PM
He has a player option....is it really their choice?

Well if he really doesn't wanna stay they can try to trade him to some team OTHER than Miami (b/c they won get equal value in return), I don't think he has a no-trade clause in his contract.

Or like always they can just agree to sign an extension...

LayZbone
07-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Well if he really doesn't wanna stay they can try to trade him to some team OTHER than Miami (b/c they won get equal value in return), I don't think he has a no-trade clause in his contract.

Maybe that's why he's sending mixed signals and all these rumors are popping up. He could be saying he wants to stay in Utah and that he's happy there, so they avoid speculation and don't trade him. Then when it's out of their hands, he bolts towards the team he really wants to play for...knowing that if he'd spoken up about leaving before hand, they would just trade him to a different team to get some value out of it (not saying that's true...but it could be)

astrosmaniac
07-27-2008, 08:45 PM
hey he already did it once, why not do it again?

Hawkeye15
07-27-2008, 08:57 PM

Boozer totally jacked the Cavs, the man obviously has no loyalty to anyone except his wallet. Hopefully, winning and being on a team that means something will change his mind. But I would rather he leave, I don't like Utah. Imagine how good Cleveland would be if he wouldn't have ditched them. Of course, they probably would have never been bad enough to have the chance to draft LeBron, so whatevs

JAZZNC
07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Boozer totally jacked the Cavs, the man obviously has no loyalty to anyone except his wallet. Hopefully, winning and being on a team that means something will change his mind. But I would rather he leave, I don't like Utah. Imagine how good Cleveland would be if he wouldn't have ditched them. Of course, they probably would have never been bad enough to have the chance to draft LeBron, so whatevs

Didn't they play together one year?

BlondeBomber41
07-27-2008, 09:29 PM

They had Lebron and Cleveland on the same team... Boozer was taken in the 2002 draft and Lebron in the 2003 draft...

Not to mention he didnt jack the Cavs... the Cavs had the opportunity to match Utahs offer and deceided against it. Thats their own damn fault.

BlondeBomber41
07-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Didn't they play together one year?

Yeah Boozer averaged 15/12 playing with Lebron, and people tried to say Boozer was not really any good and that he only put up 15 a game because Lebron fed him easy buckets. Turns out they were incredibly wrong.

_Sn1P3r_
07-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah Boozer averaged 15/12 playing with Lebron, and people tried to say Boozer was not really any good and that he only put up 15 a game because Lebron fed him easy buckets. Turns out they were incredibly wrong.

Hah yup. Imagine If they had a frontcourt of Ilgauskas/Boozer/James.

lakers4sho
07-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Hah yup. Imagine If they had a frontcourt of Ilgauskas/Boozer/James.

certainly better than Ilgauskas/Trash (Wallace)/James

HiphopRelated
07-27-2008, 10:14 PM
He's only coming to Miami if Beasley appears effective as a 3 next year

BlondeBomber41
07-27-2008, 10:29 PM
He's not going to Miami. I mean its not impossible but the Jazz will give him a max contract offer, and the Jazz are a contender. Why he would leave that is beyond me. He is in the perfect situation in Utah.

SwaggaIke
07-28-2008, 12:59 AM
I hope Pat doesn't want to give that man max money to come to Miami. I'd rather hold Marion's money until '10. Maybe blow a little bit on a 5-6 million free agent next summer. Stack the rest.

DES
07-28-2008, 01:54 AM
boozer is a snake....he is brands best friend.

BlondeBomber41
07-28-2008, 02:32 AM
I hope Pat doesn't want to give that man max money to come to Miami. I'd rather hold Marion's money until '10. Maybe blow a little bit on a 5-6 million free agent next summer. Stack the rest.

Any GM in the league would be a fool not to want to give Boozer a max contract. He is better than guys like Elton Brand and David West at this point.

JordansBulls
07-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Boozer in Miami would make the Heat as good as the Celtics if they have Wade and Marion as well.

smackdown12
07-28-2008, 08:23 AM
for me its a good thing to bring back boozer to cavs because he and the monster lbj23 will make a championship next if he choose the cavs pls boozer choose the cavs pls pls pls

phlp_bj
07-28-2008, 08:43 AM
why would boozer leave d-will in utah?

jimbobjarree
07-28-2008, 10:14 AM
because his son can't live at Utah's altitude, i mean would you like to live away from your family for 6/7 months a year?

and the Jazz owner is reluctant to go over the luxury tax mark, and with AK's contract killing us, and Memo and Korv also needing new deals next summer Boozer being offered a max contract looks very slim, unless we move AK this season (fingers crossed)

JordansBulls
07-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Boozer is coming to Chicago because the Bulls will pay him something like 90 million over 5 years for a value of 18 million a year.

SwaggaIke
07-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Any GM in the league would be a fool not to want to give Boozer a max contract. He is better than guys like Elton Brand and David West at this point.

Boozer plays zero defense and he's a rebounder off risk. Which astounds me because he played for Coach K. I would think his fundamentals would be tighter. He goes straight for the rock instead of boxing out his man. He is also a big defensive liability. He doesn't have a great wingspan to make up for his lack of height either. He is a bull down low and one of the few 20 10 men in the league, but he doesn't appeal to me. If he is worth a max deal, then Kobe, Bron, Bosh and D Wade should be cashing 35 million dollar yearly checks at the end of '10-11.

HiphopRelated
07-28-2008, 03:38 PM

overrating him a bit aren't we??

marques724
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
A healthy Brand is better than Boozer. Now I can see Boozer going to Miami.

midwestmadman
07-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I think Boozer will make Utah think he wants to be there play a solid season and then pack up his bags and take his game to Miami.

ThaBoomer
07-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Boozer is coming to Chicago because the Bulls will pay him something like 90 million over 5 years for a value of 18 million a year.

That is just clueless. The Jazz would have no issues paying 18$ mill a year.
Early reports from Boozer's camp have him after huge money. I have heard 6 years at around $130 million as the initial point to begin negotiations.

SportsFan1988
07-28-2008, 11:26 PM
If I were the Jazz, I would do everything I could to get him locked up long-term.

BlondeBomber41
07-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Boozer plays zero defense and he's a rebounder off risk. Which astounds me because he played for Coach K. I would think his fundamentals would be tighter. He goes straight for the rock instead of boxing out his man. He is also a big defensive liability. He doesn't have a great wingspan to make up for his lack of height either. He is a bull down low and one of the few 20 10 men in the league, but he doesn't appeal to me. If he is worth a max deal, then Kobe, Bron, Bosh and D Wade should be cashing 35 million dollar yearly checks at the end of '10-11.

overrating him a bit aren't we??

Boozer does not play zero defense, he is not a great defender but he is strong and quick and can hold his own.

He is the best scoring big man in the league in terms of versatility. He has a ton of post moves, he can hit the jumper at a high rate, he can run a pick and roll as good as anyone in the league. He puts up 21 a game on 55% shooting and honestly could of put up alot more if it wasnt for the fact Utah is so balanced.

Boozer was also only 1 of 4 big men last year who averaged a 20/10.

He is one of the best big men in the league and letting him walk because they wont pay him would set set their franchise back significantly.

SwaggaIke
07-29-2008, 12:47 AM
^You didn't say anything new in that entire post that I didn't already state. I said he was one of the few 20 10 guys, I said he was a beast down low. But he is an average defender, and he shows it every time out. He's not worth max money.

BlondeBomber41
07-29-2008, 12:55 AM
^You didn't say anything new in that entire post that I didn't already state. I said he was one of the few 20 10 guys, I said he was a beast down low. But he is an average defender, and he shows it every time out. He's not worth max money.

Do you not realize how rare big men are these days? He is Utah's best player and the main reason they are contenders. Letting him walk would be like giving up on going for a title. He is everybit worth the max.

SwaggaIke
07-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Do you not realize how rare big men are these days? He is Utah's best player and the main reason they are contenders. Letting him walk would be like giving up on going for a title. He is everybit worth the max.

I didn't say the Jazz shouldn't try to resign him. That's fine and dandy w/ me. I hope they give him 130 million, make sure he stays in Utah. I hope Pat doesn't offer him max money. And Power Forwards are not rare. Damn near every team has at least a serviceable one.

BlondeBomber41
07-29-2008, 02:06 AM
I didn't say the Jazz shouldn't try to resign him. That's fine and dandy w/ me. I hope they give him 130 million, make sure he stays in Utah. I hope Pat doesn't offer him max money. And Power Forwards are not rare. Damn near every team has at least a serviceable one.

There is a big difference between a serviceable PF and a franchise PF.

The Heat would be scary good with Wade, Beasley and Boozer and whoever they find to play PG and C. Easily a contender for the next 5+ years for the EC Championship. You are nuts for saying you wouldnt want the Heat to pick up Carlos Boozer.

SwaggaIke
07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
^No for maximum money. I wouldn't mind getting him for a decent price. Even a top Tier price. But two max money players on one roster? How will we fill our roster out w/ good talent during that 5 years? The MLE is a solid option, but you blow that on one player most times. If we have to give somebody max money, i'd rather wait until '10 and try to lure Amare or Bosh. Don't get me wrong, I think Boozer is a great player, I just don't like what he would bring to Miami for the money he will be commanding. He is worth big dollars and its not a bad investment, but max money is. Especially when it could POSSIBLY be spent on a better big just a year later.

futureman
07-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Like with the scenario at clevaland if you dance with the devil your gonna get burned. The jazz have had the glory now lets see if they can handle the pain.