PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think Josh Smith is worth?

Camden Guru
07-27-2008, 03:12 PM
We all know that the hawks are playing hardball with Smith. With no team other than Memphis with enough money to satisfy smith, the hawks are trying to get him to sign a 6yr 57 million dollar contract. This turns out to be roughly 9.5 million a year. Smith on the other hand is looking at a contract worth about 12 million a season. I think 12 million is a bit steep for him but i would settle for about 10.5 a season.
The reason why i would give him 10.5 million is because he is a talented defensive player who plays hard on both ends of the floor. He is also a ticket seller and a fan favorite. The reason why I would not give him 12 million is because of his lack of quality shots and his inconsistant jump shot. he also needs to learn how to be smarter when picking up fouls and to avoid fouling out.

monster_mash
07-27-2008, 03:45 PM
10.5-11 million is right. He needs to improve his man defense. I think his mid range J is coming along nicely. But like you said, he draws the fans. Who'd have thought I would be wearing a Hawks jersey around Cleveland with LBJ in this town.

Camden Guru
07-27-2008, 03:52 PM
i dont mean to disrespect smith or anything but he sometimes has the shooting mentality of Antonie Walker. he could go 0-4 from 3 and think he is on fire. Smith does need to work on his shot selection and since he is playing PF he needs to work on some post moves, jump hooks, and his foot work. He should also practice playing strong side defense as well to really make a strong case for DPOY

Storch
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Id say he's worth swapping with lamar odom. They would be equal in talent and value, its just that they each specialize in different dimensions of the game. Smith is a defensive minded player thats a high flyer in the offense. While odom is a point-forward that can get assists, dribble, rebound, and make plays. The lakers need smith while atlanta needs odom. ATL needs odom because it would add a whole other dimension of versatility in the passing category, and not solely depend on johnson and bibby.