9. AI
10. Andre Miller

KG#1
07-27-2008, 12:52 PM
AI isnt a PG
calderon to replace him

javaid64
07-27-2008, 01:06 PM
i can pretty much guarantee that next year deron williams will be ahead of this pack as he is the next pure point guard after Steve Nash. Can i pleas hear Stockton #2 is finally hear.

heatfan21
07-27-2008, 01:28 PM
AI is a SG but plays the point good amount of times to put him in the top 10

Gilbert>TheRest
07-27-2008, 01:30 PM
1. chris paul
2. deron williams
3. steve nash
4. baron davis
5. tony parker
6. gilbert arenas
7. chauncy billups
8. jason terry
9. jason kidd
10. andre miller

black1605
07-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Williams is better than Davis

sdweston757
07-27-2008, 01:31 PM
1. nash (still the best in the nba)
2. cp3
3. deron
4. parker
5. davis
6. billups
7. kidd
8. bibby
9. felton
10. harris

Arenas, AI, and jason terry are all up there if u consider them PG's.

heatfan21
07-27-2008, 01:47 PM
2. cp3
3. deron
4. parker
5. davis
6. billups
7. kidd
8. bibby
9. felton
10. harris

Well nash is great and could still be the best but he's getting older (34), his team got older and slower (shaq is garbage), and the suns are a question next year.

Thats why nash was lower on my list.

lakerboy
07-27-2008, 01:51 PM
1 CP3
2 Deron
3 Nash
4 Parker
5 Billups
6 Kidd
7 Baron
8 Roy
9 Calderon
10 Andre Miller

conway429
07-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Bibby? Harris? Felton? Miller? Terry?
Calderon's better than those bums.

HeatFan
07-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Well nash is great and could still be the best but he's getting older (34), his team got older and slower (shaq is garbage), and the suns are a question next year.

Thats why nash was lower on my list.

I agree that Nash is lower but for a different reason. To be a great point guard you need to be a good defender and Nash is as much a liability on defense as an asset on offense which makes the likes of Paul and Williams superior. His offense is really he only thing keeping on this list as is.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-27-2008, 02:32 PM
1 CP3
2 Deron
3 Baron
4 Nash
5 Parker
6 Billups
7 Kidd
8 Andre Miller
9 Ellis
10 Roy

King Koopa
07-27-2008, 02:47 PM
cp3
williams
Nash
Baron
Calderon
paker
kidd
Miller
billups
bibby

And this is Prue POINT GUARD list.... No combo guards.

greek miami hea
07-29-2008, 08:27 AM
1 nash
2kid
3iverson
4cp3
5deron williams
6gilbert arenas
7billups
8baron davis
9 monta ellis
10 tony parker

AirJordanXVIII
07-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeay.... Give Andre Miller his love :D

nstojic
07-29-2008, 09:01 AM
2. cp3
3. deron
4. parker
5. davis
6. billups
7. kidd
8. bibby
9. felton
10. harris

WHAT are you smoking? harris, felton, bibby, parker, aging kidd... ahead of calderon??? jew crazy...

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 09:04 AM
1. CP3
2. Nash
3. A.I
4. Deron
5. Arenas
6. Baron
7. Chauncey
8. Parker
9. Kidd
10. Calderon

*thats if u think a.i, arenas are pg's

Mile High Champ
07-29-2008, 09:25 AM

wow agreed, cant believe people actually call arenas a pg.. what a joke.

Mile High Champ
07-29-2008, 09:26 AM
1 CP3
2 Deron
3 Baron
4 Nash
5 Parker
6 Billups
7 Kidd
8 Andre Miller
9 Ellis
10 Roy

roy and ellis are not pg's. They may try and play there but they arnt. Terrible list.

Knicks845
07-29-2008, 09:34 AM
This is it in order*, Cp3,Deron,Nash,Kidd,Davis,Agent0,................. .Parker,Calderon,Felton,Hinrich.

_Sn1P3r_
07-29-2008, 10:05 AM
1. CP3
2. Deron
3. Nash
4. Kidd
5. Baron
6. Billups
7. Parker
8. Calderon
9. Miller
10. Felton

RapsFan4Life
07-29-2008, 10:09 AM
cp3 (next big thing)
nash (old and still silky smooth)
deron ( he will take over 2nd by next season)
parker (quick and experianced)
davis (his cockyness is holding him back)
kid (cant touch the vet)
billups (could go up or down depending on Joe Dumar)
Calderon (definetly moving up next season now that the raptors are amazing)
bibby (atlanta is moving up)
harris (if he was on dallas he would have been better)

honarable mentions,
arenas >> INJURIES are stoping you from being top 10
delonte west >> great heart
rondo >> keep improving you quick little *****
AI >> your still a scoring guard not a passing guard

sdweston757
07-29-2008, 10:32 AM
yall are all fools. There is not one gm in the NBA that would rather have calderon then Harris. Calderon has averaged 8.7ppg and 6.1apg for his career... Harris is on the rise in this league.

Er1c
07-29-2008, 10:46 AM
1. chris paul
2. deron williams
3. nash
4. baron davis
5. billups
6. gilbert arenas
7. tony parker
8. Calderon
9. andre miller
10. mike bibby

kuppz
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
sdweston757 yall are all fools. There is not one gm in the NBA that would rather have calderon then Harris. Calderon has averaged 8.7ppg and 6.1apg for his career... Harris is on the rise in this league.

buddy calderon was an all star snub last year. He was on pace for assist to turnover ratio (i think close to 5-1) as well as average close to a double- double as a starter. And his numbers don't even fully show how valuable he is to his team. He puts the best interests of the team ahead of his himself, how many NBA players can you say do that?

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 11:05 AM
buddy calderon was an all star snub last year. He was on pace for assist to turnover ratio (i think close to 5-1) as well as average close to a double- double as a starter. And his numbers don't even fully show how valuable he is to his team. He puts the best interests of the team ahead of his himself, how many NBA players can you say do that?

What are u smoking Dude? Calderon is good but Devin Harris is ten times better please.. Calderon isnt even in the top ten.. HIs numbers dont even compare to Devin harris' and Devin HArris has played pg for a team that made it the championship. And he was traded for one of the greatest PG in the league. No team in their right mind woudl choose calderon of Harris. Harris is only 24 or 25... And after he got traded to the nets.. He was actualyl better than he was in Dallas.. for all of u that said that he would be better in dallas.. Stop smoking and pay attention to the game. And harris is known as one of the best defensive pg in the game.. Just as Tony parker.. He once called him the best defensive Pg in the game.. HE was happy that he was traded out of the west.. Calderon isn't even on his level... NO way calderon was a snub last year either... The dude is good but def not on Harris' level.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
my list:
1) Cp3
2) Deron Williams
3) Steve Nash
4) Baron Davis
5) Jason Kidd
6)Tony Parker
7) Chauncy Billups
8) Andre Miller
9) Devin Harris ( Hes going to be higher next season)
10) Rajon ROndo

ANd those are all the pure pG's.. nOt including gilbert and AI cause they are not true point guards.

RapsFan4Life
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM
yall are all fools. There is not one gm in the NBA that would rather have calderon then Harris. Calderon has averaged 8.7ppg and 6.1apg for his career... Harris is on the rise in this league.

number one assist to turn over ratio, great dision making, top 10 in the league for 3 point shooting, quick in the open floor not greedy loves his team mates pass first score second kind of a guy, or a fool to think any GM will take devon over jose, ... calderon has spent his whole life as back up when TJ got injured this guy exploded as a starter .. u watch next season when he avges 14 and 14 .. and harris gets 16 and 7 ... jose shotts 500 from floor and 400 from 3's ... and 900 from line, ur harris is rising and jose is rising FASTER

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=RapsFan4Life;6050697]cp3 (next big thing)
Calderon (definetly moving up next season now that the raptors are amazing)
harris (if he was on dallas he would have been better)
[QUOTE/]

nO WAY IN HELL is calderon higher than harris.. and you will se next year who is better..

And dude what do u mean he would be better in Dallas? He played ten times better when he came to Nets.. Do your reserch man. Hes finally getting playing time and is the 1 and only Pg of the team.. It's his team now.. In dallas he had to split time with JT.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
WHAT are you smoking? harris, felton, bibby, parker, aging kidd... ahead of calderon??? jew crazy...

U stop smoking.. Calderon is behind Harris, kidd, parker, and bibby for sure.... And him and felton are a toos up U homer.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
number one assist to turn over ratio, great dision making, top 10 in the league for 3 point shooting, quick in the open floor not greedy loves his team mates pass first score second kind of a guy, or a fool to think any GM will take devon over jose, ... calderon has spent his whole life as back up when TJ got injured this guy exploded as a starter .. u watch next season when he avges 14 and 14 .. and harris gets 16 and 7 ... jose shotts 500 from floor and 400 from 3's ... and 900 from line, ur harris is rising and jose is rising FASTER

No way Calderon is going to ever be a 14 1nd 14 player.. stop dreaming on.... Harris is a better natural passer, ten times faster, a better scorer, and a way better defender.. Yea ur right Harris is going to average around what u said.. I think he will get 19-20 with 7 to 8 dimes.... cause hes now the secodn scoring option on the team...

And trust me u watch when we play u guys head to head. Harris is going to lock calderon up and stick him liek white on rice.. Hes gonna go from having 14 and 14 in ur dream to having 4 and 4 in reality....
Honestly though Calderon will average like 14 and 7 , which isnt bad just not with Harris/.

sdweston757
07-29-2008, 11:32 AM
What are u smoking Dude? Calderon is good but Devin Harris is ten times better please.. Calderon isnt even in the top ten.. HIs numbers dont even compare to Devin harris' and Devin HArris has played pg for a team that made it the championship. And he was traded for one of the greatest PG in the league. No team in their right mind woudl choose calderon of Harris. Harris is only 24 or 25... And after he got traded to the nets.. He was actualyl better than he was in Dallas.. for all of u that said that he would be better in dallas.. Stop smoking and pay attention to the game. And harris is known as one of the best defensive pg in the game.. Just as Tony parker.. He once called him the best defensive Pg in the game.. HE was happy that he was traded out of the west.. Calderon isn't even on his level... NO way calderon was a snub last year either... The dude is good but def not on Harris' level.
Thank u thank u thank u. Someone else who actually has knowledge of basketball and watches games. There is a reason that this rising STAR was traded for one of the best pg ever. I personally think Dallas would have been smarter keeping him, seeing as they got bounced in the first round anyway. Harris is just an overall better player then calderon. Devan Harris would put him on clamps.

kuppz
07-29-2008, 11:35 AM
What are u smoking Dude? Calderon is good but Devin Harris is ten times better please.. Calderon isnt even in the top ten.. HIs numbers dont even compare to Devin harris'

Stop smoking and pay attention to the game. The dude is good but def not on Harris' level.

Devin Harris

2007-08 Statistics
PPG 14.8
RPG 2.7
APG 5.8
SPG 1.4
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.463
FT% 0.824
3P% 0.335
MPG 31.6

Jose Calderon

2007-08 Statistics
PPG 11.2
RPG 2.9
APG 8.3
SPG 1.1
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.519
FT% 0.908
3P% 0.429
MPG 30.3

J-N-M-ETS4LYF I'm laffin.. stop smokin and pay attention to the game? pay attention to the stats bro they don't lie.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Thank u thank u thank u. Someone else who actually has knowledge of basketball and watches games. There is a reason that this rising STAR was traded for one of the best pg ever. I personally think Dallas would have been smarter keeping him, seeing as they got bounced in the first round anyway. Harris is just an overall better player then calderon. Devan Harris would put him on clamps.

Yea he def would.. And I agree with you... New jersey got a great deal for kidd.. Kidd is one of the best of all time but New Jersey basically got a young Pg with great potential and skills for a hall of fame pg that was on the decline. They got harris in his prime whiel kidd was past his best years....

They did get beat down badly in the 1st round.. and Remember CP3 schooled kidd... I bet having harris would have helped contain CP3 as much as possible..

ink
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Make your points without insulting or baiting. Stick to the subject.

Personally I'm seeing fans over-rating both Harris and Calderon. Neither are completely proven yet.

Mile High Champ
07-29-2008, 11:56 AM
my list:
1) Cp3
2) Deron Williams
3) Steve Nash
4) Baron Davis
5) Jason Kidd
6)Tony Parker
7) Chauncy Billups
8) Andre Miller
9) Devin Harris ( Hes going to be higher next season)
10) Rajon ROndo

ANd those are all the pure pG's.. nOt including gilbert and AI cause they are not true point guards.

Wow I just spit all the water out of mouth after I read that you put rondo in the top 10. You just lost all credibility with me and I think a lot of other people in this thread.. haha.. Thanks for the laugh buddy.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Devin Harris

2007-08 Statistics
PPG 14.8
RPG 2.7
APG 5.8
SPG 1.4
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.463
FT% 0.824
3P% 0.335
MPG 31.6

Jose Calderon

2007-08 Statistics
PPG 11.2
RPG 2.9
APG 8.3
SPG 1.1
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.519
FT% 0.908
3P% 0.429
MPG 30.3

J-N-M-ETS4LYF I'm laffin.. stop smokin and pay attention to the game? pay attention to the stats bro they don't lie.

ur looking at stats from one season.. look at their career numbers boozo...and also look at harris' numbers after he got traded to the Nets... and your disreguarding devin's most valuable asset... His defense... When u Greg popavich drewls over a Pg on another team u kno ur a stub...

And just to let you know... Harris played hurt all of last season..... ANd thats no excuse but its the truth so w/e... and the reason his numbers are not at its best was because in dallas he played with so many great players that he always had to share the call with... He played out of poistion at times too... He played on the same team with Jason terry, josh howard, and Dirk Nowtizki .. its amazing that he even put up those numbers with all those other stars on that teamm... who did calderon ahve to share the ball handling duties with? Tj rod was there but he was hurt alot.. and Calderon got a lot of time with the ball in his hands.. pretty much every time he was on the court.. and He also played with bosh.. but bosh never did any of the ball handling... SO u also have to consider that..

Harris carrer numbers:
10 ppg... 3.7 ast.. 1.1 stls per game .. 1.7 to per game

Now his career numbers dont say much but thats b/c oof what i said he never got the chance...

His numbers with the nets last year when he just started learning the system and planning with a brand new team.. calderon has played for the raps for about 3 years so expect harris' numbers to improve across the board this year :
last year with the nets :
15.4 ppg 6.5 ast per game 3.3 reb pg 1.4 steals pg
and thats was while playing hurt..

now caderon is at last year:
11.2 ppg 8.3 ast pg 2.6 reb pg 1.1 steals per game

Consider all that i Have said.. and the fact that Devin plays way better defense... has acutally been out of the first round in the playoffs.. in the west,,, to the championship.. won that high amount of games with dallas a couple of years ago .. and had to adjust to a new sytem, played hurt, and had to play with many other grat play makers

AND I WOULD TAKE HARRIS Over Calderon for sure..

kuppz
07-29-2008, 11:59 AM
calderon proved himself last year, especially as a starter. Ink do you even watch ball you live in vancouver so I don't know what ball games youd watch if it isn't the raptors. Look Calderon held it down 50%fg, 50%ft, 40%3pt, lead the league in assist to turnover, and 6th in thge league in assists. I'm done trying to prove this cuz im talkin arguing with people who are either completely ignorant, or who don't have a clue what ther talkin bout. A guy with this efficency and these kind of numbers has my vote for top 10 pg in the league.

pd7631
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I can't believe that Andre Miller isn't on everybody's top 10, 17ppg 6.9apg 4rpg and he shoots 49% from the field. I'm guessing that most people don't realise how good he is because the Sixers didn't play on national tv until the playoffs and because nobody talks about him, but for anyone that does know a little somethin about the guy than you know how good he is. Without Andre Miller the Sixers probably would've won 25 games at the most last year which just goes to show how much he means to his team. And I'm sure if you asked Denver fans how much they'd want him back on their squad you'd get a pretty big response. The only thing he really doesn't have in his game is a 3 point shot, other than that he is one of the most solid "true" pg's in the game. I know most people will disagree with what i said, but if I can change one person's mind, then this post wasn't for nothing. With that said, here is my top 10....

1.) Chris Paul
2.) Deron Williams
3.) Steve Nash
4.) Baron Davis
5.) Tony Parker
6.) Jason Kidd
7.) Andre Miller
8.) Chauncey Billups
9.) Jose Calderon
10.) Mike Bibby

ink
07-29-2008, 12:07 PM
calderon proved himself last year, especially as a starter. Ink do you even watch ball you live in vancouver so I don't know what ball games youd watch if it isn't the raptors. Look Calderon held it down 50%fg, 50%ft, 40%3pt, lead the league in assist to turnover, and 6th in thge league in assists. I'm done trying to prove this cuz im talkin arguing with people who are either completely ignorant, or who don't have a clue what ther talkin bout. A guy with this efficency and these kind of numbers has my vote for top 10 pg in the league.

It's just basketball dude. There's no need to get so upset because some guy likes his player more than your player. Both are only partially proven commodities. Calderon is one of my favourite players in the NBA but there's no need to over-hype the guy. If I was a Nets fan I'd feel the same way about the other dude over-hyping Harris.

And yes :rolleyes: I watched every Raptors game last year or followed the handful that were only available on the web. If you followed the Raptors forum for the last few years, you would realize that we are all aware of Calderon's ability. Why do you think most of us wanted to get rid of Ford?

Both of you need to chill out and stop calling each other idiots.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Wow I just spit all the water out of mouth after I read that you put rondo in the top 10. You just lost all credibility with me and I think a lot of other people in this thread.. haha.. Thanks for the laugh buddy.

your welcome... U think i care about what u think? It's an opinion and i'm intitled to it.. I mean incase you havent noticed.. He was the Pg on a championship team... and uhm idc what u say.. he may have played with kg pierce and allen but Not everyone can do that... You cant teach winning and decision making and thats what he has... ANd not to mention he plays great defense... and makes great decisions with the ball... O yea and he averaged liek 10 ppg and had like close to 7 ast a game in the nba finals... Hes a pg on the rise.. and one day will be a 15 10 pg.. Quote me i guarentee u that..HEs 21... has a ring.. and put up numbers in the FInals.. How is that not top ten pgs in the league.. U can play with the greatest of players but u still have to play ur role on the team and thats what he did.... J kidd, steve nash, dont have rings on their finger... Not even gary paytin who was washed up but still quality could win with that laker team with payton kobe malone and shaq... So i dc if u say he won b/c he was with Kg.. ima ctually a net fan and i've seen this kid play a lot... and I am admitting he is top ten... SO take ur little credibilty crap out of here and shove it.. cause i could care less what u think. dude.. and When Rondo averages 15 and 10 i'll come laught at u... that last game int he finals he had 21 pts 8 ast 6 steals 7 rebounds.. 1 TO. I think thats def worthy of top ten.. a performance like that in the NBA finals..He also had 16 asstits in game 2 of the finals as well... So Yea i think starting next seons he will be a top ten pG in the league.

ink
07-29-2008, 12:11 PM
I can't believe that Andre Miller isn't on everybody's top 10, 17ppg 6.9apg 4rpg and he shoots 49% from the field. I'm guessing that most people don't realise how good he is because the Sixers didn't play on national tv until the playoffs and because nobody talks about him, but for anyone that does know a little somethin about the guy than you know how good he is. Without Andre Miller the Sixers probably would've won 25 games at the most last year which just goes to show how much he means to his team. And I'm sure if you asked Denver fans how much they'd want him back on their squad you'd get a pretty big response. The only thing he really doesn't have in his game is a 3 point shot, other than that he is one of the most solid "true" pg's in the game. I know most people will disagree with what i said, but if I can change one person's mind, then this post wasn't for nothing. With that said, here is my top 10....

1.) Chris Paul
2.) Deron Williams
3.) Steve Nash
4.) Baron Davis
5.) Tony Parker
6.) Jason Kidd
7.) Andre Miller
8.) Chauncey Billups
9.) Jose Calderon
10.) Mike Bibby

Good list. Miller is definitely a top 10 PG. When the 76ers traded AI for Miller, I actually thought the Sixers would come out on top in a few years in the trade and they have. It was time to get rid of AI and go with a more traditional PG to run the offense. He's the kind of solid player they've needed at that position for a while.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 12:11 PM

UHmm Whose from vancouver? lol... I'm from Nyc.. and I did see a lot of raptor games.. I'm a nets fans and look w/e ur etitled to ur opinion and so am i.. so we'll see next season who has the last laugh.

ink
07-29-2008, 12:14 PM
UHmm Whose from vancouver? lol... I'm from Nyc.. and I did see a lot of raptor games.. I'm a nets fans and look w/e ur etitled to ur opinion and so am i.. so we'll see next season who has the last laugh.

He was talking to me.

WntAbCEO
07-29-2008, 12:14 PM

No way better then Harris !

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
He was talking to me.

oOo my bad.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
No way better then Harris !

YEa i don't know thats how i felt.. but i don;t think many people on the east coast over got the chance to watch harris play but yea i guess we'll see next year.

You guys really think coming into this year with a ring that amazing perfomance in the last game of the finals Rondo isnt going to be a top ten?

I agree I guess Miller should be there though... I really didnt know how well he did last year.

nstojic
07-29-2008, 12:29 PM
ur looking at stats from one season.. look at their career numbers boozo...and also look at harris' numbers after he got traded to the Nets... and your disreguarding devin's most valuable asset... His defense... When u Greg popavich drewls over a Pg on another team u kno ur a stub...

And just to let you know... Harris played hurt all of last season..... ANd thats no excuse but its the truth so w/e... and the reason his numbers are not at its best was because in dallas he played with so many great players that he always had to share the call with... He played out of poistion at times too... He played on the same team with Jason terry, josh howard, and Dirk Nowtizki .. its amazing that he even put up those numbers with all those other stars on that teamm... who did calderon ahve to share the ball handling duties with? Tj rod was there but he was hurt alot.. and Calderon got a lot of time with the ball in his hands.. pretty much every time he was on the court.. and He also played with bosh.. but bosh never did any of the ball handling... SO u also have to consider that..

Harris carrer numbers:
10 ppg... 3.7 ast.. 1.1 stls per game .. 1.7 to per game

Now his career numbers dont say much but thats b/c oof what i said he never got the chance...

His numbers with the nets last year when he just started learning the system and planning with a brand new team.. calderon has played for the raps for about 3 years so expect harris' numbers to improve across the board this year :
last year with the nets :
15.4 ppg 6.5 ast per game 3.3 reb pg 1.4 steals pg
and thats was while playing hurt..

now caderon is at last year:
11.2 ppg 8.3 ast pg 2.6 reb pg 1.1 steals per game

Consider all that i Have said.. and the fact that Devin plays way better defense... has acutally been out of the first round in the playoffs.. in the west,,, to the championship.. won that high amount of games with dallas a couple of years ago .. and had to adjust to a new sytem, played hurt, and had to play with many other grat play makers

AND I WOULD TAKE HARRIS Over Calderon for sure..

hahahahahaha go away hahaha

balla4life22
07-29-2008, 12:34 PM

Relax mile high champ. You think everything you say is right. Everyone has their own opinions and you should show some respect, bc ive seen you say some pretty dumb things too

Anyways,

1.) Chris Paul
2.) Deron Williams
3.) Steve Nash
4.) Baron Davis
5.) Tony Parker
6.) Jason Kidd
7.) Chauncey Billups
8.) Andre Miller
9.) Mike Bibby
10.) Jose Calderon

nstojic
07-29-2008, 12:36 PM

that's right!! and he didn't even play all the games cause TJ started the season and was the starter late into the season... not cause of his play but because of his whiney mouth

mjt20mik
07-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Geez. Why does like every post in this forum relate to a 1v1 confrontation of two teams trying to hype up about their players. The only problem I have with most people's list are that Tony Parker is rated way to low. The guys a finals mvp, a nba champion, and he's still not getting the proper respect.

nstojic
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
It's just basketball dude. There's no need to get so upset because some guy likes his player more than your player. Both are only partially proven commodities. Calderon is one of my favourite players in the NBA but there's no need to over-hype the guy. If I was a Nets fan I'd feel the same way about the other dude over-hyping Harris.

And yes :rolleyes: I watched every Raptors game last year or followed the handful that were only available on the web. If you followed the Raptors forum for the last few years, you would realize that we are all aware of Calderon's ability. Why do you think most of us wanted to get rid of Ford?

Both of you need to chill out and stop calling each other idiots.

no one's over-hyping anyone... if you look at the lists both of these guys submitted, they both rank their guys well behind the top 6 or so players... it's not like they're saying that harris/calderon are the top PG's in the nba... they're arguing for each and their place in the latter half of the top 10

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 12:48 PM
hahahahahaha go away hahaha

What I was trying to prove.. and i guess i did a poor job of wording it .. is that Look at their career numbers.. harris doesnt have great career numbers because he didnt get the chance behind all those great players.. but If u compare his career numbers to His numbers after he got traded U see the big difference... And i think his numbers with the nets are better than calderon's numbers... ANd not to mention calderon's career numbers arent the best either.. harris has always been a better scorer..

But my point was the harris doesnt have the best career numbers but after he got traded u can see the difference in his numbers.. cause he finally got the chance.. ANd he got traded towards the end of the year.. He put up those numbers while style learning a new system.. new plays,,, new team mates and on top of that he was hurt.. SO w/e WE'll see whose better this year.. and i'll be the first to mention it too.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Tong P was 6 on my list thats not too bad.. He could possibly be better than kidd as well but its arguable.. Starting Next year though I think he has a chance.. Kidd is really on the decline.. But i still think he ranks behind cp3 deron, cp3, and bdaddy

nstojic
07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
What I was trying to prove.. and i guess i did a poor job of wording it .. is that Look at their career numbers.. harris doesnt have great career numbers because he didnt get the chance behind all those great players.. but If u compare his career numbers to His numbers after he got traded U see the big difference... And i think his numbers with the nets are better than calderon's numbers... ANd not to mention calderon's career numbers arent the best either.. harris has always been a better scorer..

But my point was the harris doesnt have the best career numbers but after he got traded u can see the difference in his numbers.. cause he finally got the chance.. ANd he got traded towards the end of the year.. He put up those numbers while style learning a new system.. new plays,,, new team mates and on top of that he was hurt.. SO w/e WE'll see whose better this year.. and i'll be the first to mention it too.

half a season doesn't make a career, so you can't just say 'oh yah, look at his nets numbers' it doesn't work that way... you say he didn't get a chance behind guys, neither did calderon... and now, they're both making the best of their individual opportunities, we'll see next season how they progress further... the main thing harris is going to have on calderon is PPG because he'll be a top 2 scoring option on that team... whereas calderon does not have the same role on the raps, calderon will excel in assists, a/t ratio, %'s because he is a better 'pure' PG who has a very high basketball IQ and genuinely knows how to make players around him better... i.e. Jamario Moon... calderon has also had some injurys but albeit not to the same degree as harris...

dre1990
07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
1.CP3
2.Chauncey Billups(his stats arent as good cause his team isnt run and gun)
3.Steve Nash
4.Deron Williams
5.Jason Kidd
6.Baron Davis
7.Tony Parker
8.Andre Miller
9.Jose Calderon
10.Mike Bibby

I dont consider AI and Gilbert PG

Ballahaulic
07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
1.cp3
2.Deron williams
3.steve nash
4.baron davis
5.gilbert arenas
6.Monta ellis since he is pretty much guarunteed pg mins.
7.jason kidd
8.chauncey billups
9.calderon
10.bibby

fairandbalanced
07-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Amazing, no one mentioned the self-proclaimed best NBA pg.....Starbury:offtopic:

ink
07-29-2008, 01:27 PM
no one's over-hyping anyone... if you look at the lists both of these guys submitted, they both rank their guys well behind the top 6 or so players... it's not like they're saying that harris/calderon are the top PG's in the nba... they're arguing for each and their place in the latter half of the top 10

I've read an awful lot of hype about Calderon lately. He's a great PG, but he may just make the fastest transition from under-rated to over-rated in recent NBA history. The point was that there is definitely nothing to fight about. Both Harris and Calderon will prove themselves this year.

nstojic
07-29-2008, 01:59 PM

also, as far as stuck behind guys... didn't harris start 61 games last year too? and only averaged 10 ppg?

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
also, as far as stuck behind guys... didn't harris start 61 games last year too? and only averaged 10 ppg?

Uhmm CHECK ur info buddy.. he did start 61 games but averaged 15 ppg

:rolleyes:

His career average was 10 ppg.. And he was stuck behind people in dallas. You don't think so? He was the 4th option on that team... Behind Dirk, Howard, and terry, and maybe even stack... LAst year was the first time he ever got that much burn... B4 that he season he wouldnt get more than 30 a game ever.. And his mpg when up when he came to new jersey and finally got a chance to start...

YEa but check ur numbers,.. He averaged 15. WHile he was hurt.. doubt calderon will ever average 15..

nstojic
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Uhmm CHECK ur info buddy.. he did start 61 games but averaged 15 ppg

:rolleyes:

His career average was 10 ppg.. And he was stuck behind people in dallas. You don't think so? He was the 4th option on that team... Behind Dirk, Howard, and terry, and maybe even stack... LAst year was the first time he ever got that much burn... B4 that he season he wouldnt get more than 30 a game ever.. And his mpg when up when he came to new jersey and finally got a chance to start...

YEa but check ur numbers,.. He averaged 15. WHile he was hurt.. doubt calderon will ever average 15..

sorry, my apologies 06-07 he started 61 games too and averaged 10 ppg... don't use the term 'burn' i HAAAATE that term, our raps radio guys use that and it just pisses me off.. hey, calderon was stuck behind people too.. his first year here, he almost got into it physically with morris peterson... it's tough not knowing the language, no friends... trying to show you belong .

someone here also said harris is younger (as a + for harris), people calderon is only 26.. one year older...

watch, this will be his first 100% starter season.. now that he's confident with his jumper, plus his ability to get to the basket, solid solid freethrow shooting... 12-14 ppg, 9.7-11 apg, 2.5 rpg, 1.5 spg

argo
07-29-2008, 10:14 PM
1- Nash
2- Paul
3- Kidd
4- D.Williams
5- Davis
6- Parker
7- Billups
8- Calderon
9- Miller
10- Bibby