PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo survives trade scare

Sports Illustrator
07-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Nuggets guard Carmelo Anthony actually thought he was the one who had been traded before learning teammate Marcus Camby had been dealt recently to the Clippers. "Everybody was blowing my phone up," Anthony said. "So I picked up my phone and called back someone who said, 'Did you hear what happened?' I said, 'Where am I going now?' I was just laughing and joking [before the trade] about how much was involving the Denver Nuggets right now. So I was like, 'Where am I going?' They said, 'Camby got traded.' I said, 'Let me call you back,' and I got off the phone."

From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/07/27/americas_got_talent/?page=2)

avsman05
07-28-2008, 01:56 AM
From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/07/27/americas_got_talent/?page=2)

Guard Carmelo Anthony?

I wonder how valid this is.

DenButsu
07-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Guard Carmelo Anthony?

I wonder how valid this is.

Good catch on their mistake, but they're quoting Melo directly and the Globe is a very legit paper. I do believe he did think he'd been traded when his phone started ringing off the hook. And this is AFTER the verbal assurance Rex Chapman gave him that he wouldn't be on the block this summer. So what does this say about how little Melo believes that the front office will stick to their stance of not trading him? A lot, I think. Pretty safe to say he doesn't trust them that much, which is kind of sad (that they wouldn't be trustworthy, not that he'd feel that way).

avsman05
07-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Good catch on their mistake, but they're quoting Melo directly and the Globe is a very legit paper. I do believe he did think he'd been traded when his phone started ringing off the hook. And this is AFTER the verbal assurance Rex Chapman gave him that he wouldn't be on the block this summer. So what does this say about how little Melo believes that the front office will stick to their stance of not trading him? A lot, I think. Pretty safe to say he doesn't trust them that much, which is kind of sad (that they wouldn't be trustworthy, not that he'd feel that way).

completely agree he totally deserves there word at this point he has been nothing but positive this offseason and when he brings home the gold he will be level again and i hope he goes up from their.