PDA

View Full Version : Favre not reporting to camp Sunday

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 03:19 AM
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre have reached a compromise.

He won't report for camp Sunday and Packers' management will try and reach some sort of resolution to the on-going un-retirement saga, SI.com reports.

"I had planned on reporting for the start of Packers training camp Sunday, but [general manager] Ted Thompson asked if I would give him a couple of days to try to get the situation resolved," Favre told SI.com Saturday night from his home west of Hattiesburg, Miss. "I agreed to do that. I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football.''

Favre also said: "I've also spoken with Commissioner [Roger] Goodell a couple of times this week, in hopes that he could be some sort of arbitrator in this. I hope he can be.''

Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy isn't quite sure how this will play out over the next few days. But he does know this much: Favre or no Favre, Aaron Rodgers is his starting quarterback.

In his season-opening news conference at Lambeau Field on Saturday, McCarthy strongly affirmed the team's commitment to Rodgers and reiterated that players and coaches spent the offseason planning to move forward after Favre retired in March.

"Aaron Rodgers is the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers," McCarthy said. "That's been stated over and over again. I hope we can finally understand that. That's where we are as an organization and as a head coach of the Green Bay Packers. I don't know how else to answer that question."

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 03:40 AM
:speechless::sad2::drunk:

KngJones
07-27-2008, 04:31 AM
"resolve the situation in the next couple days" = Favre's going to Tampa Bay or elsewhere in a trade. Wow, hard to believe it's actually gonna happen. Brett Favre is going to play for another team.

robdizzle3
07-27-2008, 05:41 AM
"resolve the situation in the next couple days" = Favre's going to Tampa Bay or elsewhere in a trade. Wow, hard to believe it's actually gonna happen. Brett Favre is going to play for another team.

slowly but surely sinking in that Favre will not e a Packer this year and we will have to play him Week 4 because he is going to Tampa and if you saw how Jon Gruden was on ESPN then you know they will give almost anything to get Brett.If he does go to Tampa I will be trying to travel 3 hours to Tampa to see that game

Rtardz
07-27-2008, 08:04 AM
sux.........

hughest4
07-27-2008, 08:07 AM
When it first started out i was kind of undecided on this whole situation, part of me wanted Favre back and the other part wanted to see the A-Rod era begin. Throughout this while ordeal my opinion has definitely changed a lot. Brett Favre is a better QB then Aaron Rodgers right now, and we have a backup QB who could be better then Aaron Rodgers in the future. I would hate to see A-Rod go but in all reality he is expendable. I just wish the Packers saw that. I can't imagine Favre in another uniform but i better start to because its going to happen

Brooke
07-27-2008, 09:55 AM
This is what stood out to me in the article from SI.com

In an earlier conversation with Thompson on Saturday, Favre said he was led to believe he would not be allowed to compete for the starting quarterback job with Aaron Rodgers.

this was the most interesting part. Seriously not even allowed to compete the job. WOW just when I thought they couldn't sink any lower. We all know why he can't compete for the job because everyone knows even Packers management, players and Rodgers that Favre will win his job back and the arrogant SOBs can't have that :mad:

again I can't believe after everything he has done for this team, they treat him this way :(

uncfan44
07-27-2008, 11:29 AM
im just COMPLETLY shocked that the packers wouldnt even allow him to compete. We are no longer to be considered a smart franchise. unless they know something we dont (which is possible) about arod, then the pac have sunk (managment wise) to near the bottom of the league with al davis. Now maybe i say this bc i am in disbelief of the whole situation, but in any event this is crazy, i am all but speechless.

uncfan44
07-27-2008, 11:32 AM
ona side note what upsets me the most is we are watching a league who has drug abusers, rapist, wife beaters, ppl who always "make it rain"; and favre is being condemed(sp?) by the most storied franchise in league history over nothing.

servais77
07-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Favre will be playing somewhere else next year.

Not allowed to compete for a job...That is hogwash. BTW Brohm still isn't signed so our backup quarterback is a former option QB in Matt Flynn. Good Luck.

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 11:49 AM
While I was listening to McCarthy yesterday it sounded like the two sides had reached a point of no return. I'm really shocked that TT wouldn’t allow Brett to compete for the job and asked Brett not to come to camp. I can’t believe there’s even a chance that he will be playing in another jersey. It’s absolutely mind blowing to think that after the season we had last year and then his retirement. Sure we may do just fine with Aaron and I've got his back 100% when he’s on the field but were talking about Brett Favre. One of if not thee greatest Packer of all time. It seems as though Brett’s indecisiveness is going to catch up with him. That sucks its not some easy decision to be made. I wish he would’ve told TT that he wasn’t ready to make that retirement decision when he did. How’s this latest move in the best interest of the Green Bay Packers for the upcoming '08/'09 campaign? There has got to be more to the story than what we’ve heard through the media. For my own selfish reasons I would hope you stay retired Brett, the thought of you in some other jersey after the season we just had and all you've done for this franchise is honestly making my stomach hurt. I understand your desire to play so if it's meant to be then it's meant to be.

Martz
07-27-2008, 12:03 PM
This is probably best for the team. Get rid of the distraction by not letting him report yet. I think it's insane, however, that he isn't allowed to compete for a spot. It's over...time to move on. Let a new era begin today.

christ..........................

NavajoRaiderfan
07-27-2008, 12:48 PM
im just COMPLETLY shocked that the packers wouldnt even allow him to compete. We are no longer to be considered a smart franchise. unless they know something we dont (which is possible) about arod, then the pac have sunk (managment wise) to near the bottom of the league with al davis. Now maybe i say this bc i am in disbelief of the whole situation, but in any event this is crazy, i am all but speechless.
Leave Mr. Davis out of this... having said that- I agree that the best man (now) should be allowed to earn the starting job.

RcrkllrH2
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
im really not surprised at all that hes not allowed to compete for a starters job....and im surprised that everyone else here is

of course hes not allowed to compete for the job....if he was gonna compete, he would win, and then he would start like admin doesnt want him to

hughest4
07-27-2008, 01:04 PM
im really not surprised at all that hes not allowed to compete for a starters job....and im surprised that everyone else here is

of course hes not allowed to compete for the job....if he was gonna compete, he would win, and then he would start like admin doesnt want him to

I think the TT and MM should just let him back, whether they want to or not. He is coming off of a great year and we almost made it to the Super Bowl. They should realize that he is the best option at QB for this team unless they honestly think A-Rod can have an MVP type season. And i don't want to hear that its going to hurt our future by benching A-Rod for 1 more year. Even if he doesn't want to play for us anymore we would still have Brian Brohm who is probably more talented anyway.

Trust me, I do like Rodgers and i will be rooting for him as the starter of the Green Bay Packers but i do not think he is the best option for us right now

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Agreed hughest4, that pretty well sums it up for me.

wwfd1220
07-27-2008, 01:28 PM
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre have reached a compromise.

He won't report for camp Sunday and Packers' management will try and reach some sort of resolution to the on-going un-retirement saga, SI.com reports.

"I had planned on reporting for the start of Packers training camp Sunday, but [general manager] Ted Thompson asked if I would give him a couple of days to try to get the situation resolved," Favre told SI.com Saturday night from his home west of Hattiesburg, Miss. "I agreed to do that. I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football.''

Favre also said: "I've also spoken with Commissioner [Roger] Goodell a couple of times this week, in hopes that he could be some sort of arbitrator in this. I hope he can be.''

Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy isn't quite sure how this will play out over the next few days. But he does know this much: Favre or no Favre, Aaron Rodgers is his starting quarterback.

In his season-opening news conference at Lambeau Field on Saturday, McCarthy strongly affirmed the team's commitment to Rodgers and reiterated that players and coaches spent the offseason planning to move forward after Favre retired in March.

"Aaron Rodgers is the starting quarterback for the green bay packers." McCarthy said. "That's been stated over and over again. I hope we can finally understand that. That's where we are as an organization and as a head coach of the Green Bay Packers. I don't know how else to answer that question."

remember this quote when tt and mm are both hitting the unemployment lines. i sure will :)

OnWisconsin2007
07-27-2008, 01:33 PM
So, how many contending teams go into the season without a single proven QB? We're going in with injury prone Rodgers, and Matt Flynn as the backup right now. LOL at the Packers. All Packers fans are in for a reality check this year, when we don't have Favre back there. Not because he retired, it's becuase TT traded him for a 4th round pick or something like that. What a joke. I hope everybody is excited for Matt Flynn under center. UUGGHH

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 01:36 PM
So, how many contending teams go into the season without a single proven QB? We're going in with injury prone Rodgers, and Matt Flynn as the backup right now. LOL at the Packers. All Packers fans are in for a reality check this year, when we don't have Favre back there. Not because he retired, it's becuase TT traded him for a 4th round pick or something like that. What a joke. I hope everybody is excited for Matt Flynn under center. UUGGHH

If we have to watch Matt this year were in big big trouble. I will keep my fingers crossed that that's not going to happen.

OnWisconsin2007
07-27-2008, 01:40 PM
If we have to watch Matt this year were in big big trouble. I will keep my fingers crossed that that's not going to happen.

4 years ago when people wanted Favre to retire I told them that all Packers fans are in for a reality check when we don't have him. Well, we're going to have to sit through tons of Rookie growing pains. You know that Rodgers is going to make typical rookie mistakes for most of the year, and possibly even get hurt. We have no established QB, Matt Flynn is our 2nd stringer, and now we don't have our RB in camp. What is TT thinking?

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 02:07 PM
4 years ago when people wanted Favre to retire I told them that all Packers fans are in for a reality check when we don't have him. Well, we're going to have to sit through tons of Rookie growing pains. You know that Rodgers is going to make typical rookie mistakes for most of the year, and possibly even get hurt. We have no established QB, Matt Flynn is our 2nd stringer, and now we don't have our RB in camp. What is TT thinking?

Yes Aaron is basically a rookie. I say that because he's never started and been considered "the guy" to win us some ball games. It may be a tough season for him but then again with all the talent we have and the coaching staff not making him take big risks we could be alright. Brohm will get signed it's only a matter of time. Brohm will be our back up to Aaron this season.

Think about what our four wide set will be like, Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson. Any QB dropping back and looking at those targets should be alright.

Brooke
07-27-2008, 02:07 PM

That we are. Some are in for a reality check if people think we will get another 13-3 record. Some of the teams they play wont be easy at all

Ryan Grant didnt show up at camp today, real smart there TT :rolleyes: The man helps bring the running game back and you have yet to give him a contract? GMAB

uncfan44
07-27-2008, 02:15 PM
i think arod has potential to do well...that said heres a thought: has ne one considered if he doesnt do well, stays healthy but takes a lil while to learn the rigors of being a starting QB. Say it takes him 2-3 years to get in the groove, by that time our stars are aging and we may have missed our SB window. Given the pats, have done fine with aging stars, and i just hope TT can get things together and scout talent like they have. my point is what does everyone think about the situation of 3 years from now rodgers is doing good, but our teams drops off in talent bc of age, how does that make TT look then having to replace guys like DD, harris, woodson?

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 02:15 PM
That we are. Some are in for a reality check if people think we will get another 13-3 record. Some of the teams they play wont be easy at all

Ryan Grant didnt show up at camp today, real smart there TT :rolleyes: The man helps bring the running game back and you have yet to give him a contract? GMAB

13-3 is not likely considering it was a franchise record just set last season but if we can manage our tough schedule we should be able to squeak out 9-10 wins at the bare minimum. Its going to come down to QB play first and foremost and IMO injuries are a close second. If we can have another relatively injury free season I think that we can surprise some people. I say surprise because most will think that everything is lost, which IMO is not.

Brooke
07-27-2008, 02:21 PM
^^ I don't think all is lost but I am not ready to say they will be really great either. He has never started a NFL game. Sure he played good against the Cowboys but it will be different now that he will be the starter and teams prepare how to defend the Packers now

Ryan Diesel
07-27-2008, 02:31 PM
All I know is the Cowboys, Vikings and Saints got a whole lot better this offseason and we got a whole lot worse.

hughest4
07-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Brett Favre has signed his letter seeking reinstatement to the Green Bay Packers but may not send it to the NFL until Monday or Tuesday.

He offered to compete for his old job but was told that wasn't possible.

He admits he has spoken to Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress but says it wasn't tampering.

He's open to a trade but not just to the New York Jets or Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

He's hoping commissioner Roger Goodell can mediate the impasse that he has reached with the Packers.

Such is the drama that continues to build as Favre did not report Sunday to the Packers camp along with the rest of the team.

Favre admitted in a telephone interview that he stayed away Sunday in part because general manager Ted Thompson pleaded with him to delay his arrival.

"I asked Ted [Saturday], 'Am I welcome in the building if I report?' and Ted was just about shattered," said Favre in a telephone interview. "He said, 'Brett, you can't do that -- you'll get me fired.' I told him I'm not trying to get anybody fired. So Ted asked me to let the guys report and let's try to resolve this over the next two or three days."

Consequently, Favre did not fax a letter he has signed to request his reinstatement as an active player to the league office on Saturday. That did not sit well with Favre's wife Deanna or his agent, James "Bus" Cook.

"Deanna, Bus, everyone here [in Mississippi] says, 'You're so stupid, letting [the Packers] play you like this," said Favre. "They want me to get in there now. I may wait until Tuesday or so."

Favre said that Thompson wasn't receptive to the veteran quarterback winning his job back from Aaron Rodgers. He relayed his most recent conversation Saturday with the GM.

"I said, 'Let me compete, you'll know I'll win this job' and Ted said again, 'Brett, things have changed. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback.' It's pretty clear -- and this is what I told the commissioner -- that they want me to go away, stay retired. They would much rather see me in a Packers' uniform, paying me $12 million to be a backup -- which you know they really don't want -- rather than see in another uniform, no matter what they say. They'll drag this out, asking a king's ransom [in a trade], hoping it all goes away."

Goodell has spoken to Favre twice, most recently on Saturday.

"Roger is willing to help but he has to be careful," said Favre. "I told him I could easily send in this letter (of reinstatement) but they really don't want me there and it'll be a big circus. They play this both ways. Privately, they don't want me there. Publicly, if I sent in the letter but didn't show up right away, they could always fine me or say, `See, why isn't he here? He really doesn't want to play.' Give me my release and see if I want to play or not."

It appears Tuesday is Favre's soft deadline to report to camp or possibly be traded. According to Favre, Thompson asked him if he was interested in a trade. "Yeah, but not just to the teams you want me to go to," Favre said, relaying his conversation with the Packers' GM.
-ESPN

Quotes like the one i put in bold really annoy me. Obviously this is only Favre's account of the story but it doesn't even seem like TT is denying that he is the best QB and would win that job. Why on earth wouldn't you want your best QB playing. Usually i don't ***** and moan about a teams management, but this is a totally different scenario. TT is making a huge mistake

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
All I know is the Cowboys, Vikings and Saints got a whole lot better this offseason and we got a whole lot worse.

Well it's a good thing that the Saints and the Cowboys aren't in our division. All we have to do is worry about Vikings, Bears and ha ha the Lions. Anything can happen in the playoffs (New York Giants)

iam brett favre
07-27-2008, 02:41 PM
:sigh:
I actually dont think Favre will play this season. I think they will be asking for too much in a trade, purposley, noone will accept it, and he wont want to come back for the Packers.

servais77
07-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I can't wait for the Matt Flynn era to begin.

Brooke
07-27-2008, 02:42 PM

Yep and then there is the team that will be the hardest to beat: The Colts

iam brett favre
07-27-2008, 02:44 PM
and they say he cant compete because they know he would win the job and make them look bad.

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 02:52 PM
"I asked Ted [Saturday], 'Am I welcome in the building if I report?' and Ted was just about shattered," said Favre in a telephone interview. "He said, 'Brett, you can't do that -- you'll get me fired.' I told him I'm not trying to get anybody fired. So Ted asked me to let the guys report and let's try to resolve this over the next two or three days."

That my friends is BULL****! Worried about your damn job, TRYING WORRING ABOUT THE TEAM FIRST!!!

servais77
07-27-2008, 02:53 PM

That my friends is BULL****! Worried about your damn job, TRYING WORRING ABOUT THE TEAM FIRST!!!

Check my sig. Favorite quote so far.

Brooke
07-27-2008, 02:57 PM

I seriously have no freaking words :mad:

BroJoMan
07-27-2008, 03:09 PM
I think he has a better chance of keeping his job if brett does report(and play in green bay) then he does if favre doesn't

BroJoMan
07-27-2008, 03:11 PM
what a tool(thompson). the guy can draft I think that he has proved that but what a classless and arrogant guy

Ryan Diesel
07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow, I always knew Thompson was evil, from day 1, but I thought I was just paranoid. It's been pretty obvious for awhile now, but this just blows me away. I just don't understand this, Thompson would rather lose with Rodgers than win with Favre. I don't care how good this guy can draft, we can't have someone with this mentality running the Packers. This is insane. All this time beast and others have been crying, bashing Favre, saying he should just show up and compete. Well it's pretty obvious that Thompson has been lying to us all this time. Brett is not welcome back obviously, and he is not welcome to compete for his starting spot. Even DeAnna is pissed. Someone tell me what team doesn't start the best QB they can get their hands on?? It goes against all logic and common sense. This is a decision thats being made because of our GM's hate for the greatest player in our franchise history. TT has proved that he will do anything to keep Favre from being our QB this year, and almost anything to keep him from being anyones. For F's sake, having Brett Favre as your MF'n QB is not the worst F'n thing in the world.

robdizzle3
07-27-2008, 05:25 PM
TT and MM better hope that A-Rod doesnt lay an egg this year because they will be criticized up for years to come.The way the management is acting is rally getting on my nerves and especially when Favre asked Ted if he would be welcomed into the building and Ted saying "no Brett I would get fired".Come on seriously Pack?Are we really going to treat Brett this way?After what he has dne for tem as soon as he stepped under center and especially what he did last year when we had no running game to speak of for about 8 weeks.We better hope that Grant wasnt a fluke

robdizzle3
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow, I always knew Thompson was evil, from day 1, but I thought I was just paranoid. It's been pretty obvious for awhile now, but this just blows me away. I just don't understand this, Thompson would rather lose with Rodgers than win with Favre. I don't care how good this guy can draft, we can't have someone with this mentality running the Packers. This is insane. All this time beast and others have been crying, bashing Favre, saying he should just show up and compete. Well it's pretty obvious that Thompson has been lying to us all this time. Brett is not welcome back obviously, and he is not welcome to compete for his starting spot. Even DeAnna is pissed. Someone tell me what team doesn't start the best QB they can get their hands on?? It goes against all logic and common sense. This is a decision thats being made because of our GM's hate for the greatest player in our franchise history. TT has proved that he will do anything to keep Favre from being our QB this year, and almost anything to keep him from being anyones. For F's sake, having Brett Favre as your MF'n QB is not the worst F'n thing in the world.

You are right.It seems Favre isnt welcome in Green Bay because if it wasnt the case Ted wouldnt have said he would get fired if he came into Camp.If Iwere Favre I would go to camp anyways because I would want to damage teh Front Office as much as I could because I felt betrayed.

Ryan Diesel
07-27-2008, 06:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3507141

Read this article, this is nuts. The Packers have gone out of their way to tarnish Favre's image the last few weeks and it's embarrassing. Hughest posted most of this but read the end part about the cell phone. Thompson won't even clear the air about that. He says someone already cleared that up, yet half the Packer fans in this forum still think it's true and bash Favre for it.

iam brett favre
07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
I really hate TT. Its a legit hate.

Brooke
07-27-2008, 06:32 PM
^^ I dont like him at all

smellsam44
07-27-2008, 06:46 PM
are you guys dull or something. He knew he was going to trade Favre to someone, buyt he doesn't want favre to screw up camp by showing up for 2 - 3 days, seperating the locker room further

wwfd1220
07-27-2008, 06:47 PM
see now if this does not tell the packer faithfull everything they need to know about how the organization is being run right now. i am not sure anything will. it started javon walker and the way tt treated him(not that i care cuz walker is a tool) and even corey williams stated something about the fact he was glad to be out of this organization ( i am assuming tt pissed him off too) and then there is the fact that we can never sign any big name free agents. is it tt being cheap ? or is it the fact that every player in the league knows what kind of a **** story tt really is. you tt glorifiers out there can go ahead and sing your song and dance all you want. in 3 years i will have the last laugh.

p.s. tt also cant get anything worked out with ryan grant either. not sure why that whole thing is taking sooooooo long.

wwfd1220
07-27-2008, 06:51 PM
are you guys dull or something. He knew he was going to trade Favre to someone, buyt he doesn't want favre to screw up camp by showing up for 2 - 3 days, seperating the locker room further

yeah, i am sure thats exactly what tt is thinking. whatever, i dont trust a word tt says anymore. and i am starting to lose respect for mccarthy as well. oh well, wouldnt be the first time in this teams history we have had to put up with BAD management.

robdizzle3
07-27-2008, 10:52 PM
yeah, i am sure thats exactly what tt is thinking. whatever, i dont trust a word tt says anymore. and i am starting to lose respect for mccarthy as well. oh well, wouldnt be the first time in this teams history we have had to put up with BAD management.

I really agree with you on the Mccarthy comment as well because at one point I was prasing him but now I fell a little disgust for him but I hate Ted.This is what I like about Favre,he says he is ready to come in and compete for his job in Training Camp just to show he still can play,is the better QB and that he still wants to be a Packer.I am still gonna love the Pack no matter what but they are treating this Favre situation totally wrong

Brooke
07-27-2008, 11:34 PM
I had no problem with McCarthy but as this situation goes on, I am starting to feel different about him

hughest4
07-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Ehh, i don't know how i'll end up feeling about McCarthy but at this point i'm really only mad at TT. I think it could just be a case of MM saying what he is supposed to say to keep TT happy. Behind the scenes he might have been pushing for Favre but it probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to go public with those feelings

Brunner
07-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Rodgers will be a good QB, but the chances that he will EVER reach the caliber of Favre are very unlikely. You don't get rid of a legend for someone who is average (currently). You do what is best for the team's success, and Favre gives the team its best shot. I am just missing what TT is seeing here. I think he said what he said and now cant man up and admit he was wrong. He would rather put his career on the line and hope to god that Favre falters with and Rodgers shines, than give the Packers their best shot this year and risk looking stupid. I hope this ego-trip of a GM is out of town shortly after everyone realizes this was a bad idea.

newdude
07-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Even though I saw this coming, I'm still shocked...I'm really disappointed in the Packers for the first time since I've been a fan.

papipapsmanny
07-28-2008, 12:53 AM
yeah this is ridiculous

they are pretty much telling me "no we dont want to be a better team this year"

They are treating favre like ****

and then they offer ryan grant one of the worst deals i have seen

They are starting to treat their players like ****

jamielove
07-28-2008, 09:58 AM
this whole soap opera is ruining my excitement for football this year. screw TT, screw favre, im not taking sides, they're both being assclowns. you wait 6 long boring months for football and then you cant enjoy it because theres a freakin soap opera between 2 egomaniacs. someone needs to get these 2 a-holes in a room together put a gun to both there heads and say "you got 10 minutes to work this out whats it gonna be"

Martz
07-28-2008, 11:28 AM

We didn't get worse. We have the same team returning minus Favre. The young team can only get better...all around. As far as Brett....well....you know.

Martz
07-28-2008, 11:29 AM
yeah this is ridiculous

they are pretty much telling me "no we dont want to be a better team this year"

They are treating favre like ****

and then they offer ryan grant one of the worst deals i have seen

They are starting to treat their players like ****

Don't believe everything you hear from Favre's voice. Don't believe everything from TT voice either (which is always very little.) Find a middle ground between the two...that's probably where it is.

papipapsmanny
07-28-2008, 12:34 PM
^^^ it doesnt matter favre was a top 5 QB last season, maybe even top three, they are clearly a better team with Favre, and for everything he has done for them, they screw him over

We all knew he was coming back, apparently packers front office were the only ones dumb enough not to take him back

but right now they are refusing to be a better team by not taking favre back

and they are pissing off grant with a **** piss low deal

SDteacher
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
are you guys watching the news conference?

Brooke
07-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah I did but I couldn't listen to TT talk anymore

wwfd1220
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
i didnt get too see the news conference. but, i am guessing that tt discussed very little on the favre situation. mostly because he is a ***** and cannot admit he is ****ing the packers