PDA

View Full Version : Sox with 3rd best record in MLB

blams
07-27-2008, 02:18 AM
the sox now have a greater win percentage than the cubs, finally. i doubt it will stay that way b/c the cubs are in the nl though.

i am pointing this out b/c my friend and I have a fun bet every year over whoever has the better record. whoever wins gets a full paid red lobster dinner from the other.

EH4L
07-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Red Lobster? :pity:

Outback Steakhouse is where it's at :D

SticklerOfRules
07-27-2008, 04:01 AM
He bets on the Cubs?:pity:

Good for you I suppose :clap:

coconut
07-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Yup,
We have to keep an outstanding record because finishing second in this division may not get you in the playoffs.
I think we have to win the division.

kwstriker299
07-28-2008, 09:18 AM
^^ completey agreed. I see the wild card coming out of the AL East.

kingbrentg
07-29-2008, 07:15 AM
^^ completey agreed. I see the wild card coming out of the AL East.

Pretty much like 90% of the time it does, at least it seems. Pretty rarely does the Central have the Wild Card team.

And honestly, who gives a frig about the Cubs? I guess it'd be neat if we ended up with a better record than them, but I care much more about having a better record than the teams that matter. Such as Detroit, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Kansas City.

GrinderBall41
07-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Pretty much like 90% of the time it does, at least it seems. Pretty rarely does the Central have the Wild Card team.

And honestly, who gives a frig about the Cubs? I guess it'd be neat if we ended up with a better record than them, but I care much more about having a better record than the teams that matter. Such as Detroit, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Kansas City.

Because in Missouri it isnt 75% Cubbie fans so you dont have to hear it.

kingbrentg
07-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Because in Missouri it isnt 75% Cubbie fans so you dont have to hear it.

I guess it just doesn't bother me though really. I deal with it fine whenever the Chiefs end up doing better than the Rams in football. I live in a town closer to KC, so pretty much 90% of this town is Chiefs fans.

I can see where you're coming from though, it would get pretty annoying. I just don't like all the stereotypes that all Sox fans care more about the Cubs losing than the Sox winning. And that we all worry too much about what the Cubs are doing.

GrinderBall41
07-29-2008, 10:32 AM
I guess it just doesn't bother me though really. I deal with it fine whenever the Chiefs end up doing better than the Rams in football. I live in a town closer to KC, so pretty much 90% of this town is Chiefs fans.

I can see where you're coming from though, it would get pretty annoying. I just don't like all the stereotypes that all Sox fans care more about the Cubs losing than the Sox winning. And that we all worry too much about what the Cubs are doing.

The stereotype goes both ways, though. In '06 I actually heard a Cubbie fan friend of mine say he's glad the got swept by the Tigers because they were battling for first with the sox.

Its also funny seeing the way local papers act when the sox are outperforming the Cubs. Like they almost dont want to write about baseball at all. In '05 once I remember the Post-Tribune (NWI) elected to not even publish the MLB standings but just a huge page of personal statistics with a huge pic of D-Lee in the middle.