PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith

ochoa3791
07-27-2008, 01:04 AM
If the Nuggets want an impact player that can help them now as well as a couple years down the line theres no better avalible player Denver should be looking at right now then Josh Smith, in order to get him they would have to complete a sign and trade. However the this would put Denver back deep into the limit. As good as Kmart is or was hes much older and much more exspensive then Josh Smith, even tho hes a bit undersized for the PF position hes among the top shot blockers in the league, and hes becoming a very good all around player. That would give Denver a great inside punch of Smith and Nene. Something the Nuggets really lacked with Camby's in the game. Denver would have to give up either J.R. Smith or L.K along with a couple draft picks if not just 1. This would give Denver a very young talented team.
What do u guys think about this?

DJiC
07-27-2008, 02:11 AM
we do have 14million to kill with the camby trade and najera leaving.....smith has already said as long as woodson is coach he does not want to play for them..then again he is restricted so i dont know if the hawk would match or not knowing full well he dosent want to play for woodson...so i say go for it, trade martin by all means if they'll accept him...trade martin/lk/1st(bobcats) for smith/a center....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-27-2008, 05:27 AM
that would be nice if we could somehow pick up J-Smoove... then sign Shaun Livingston. but, unfortunelty our FO would never pull off somthin like that :(

DenButsu
07-27-2008, 06:16 AM
that would be nice if we could somehow pick up J-Smoove... then sign Shaun Livingston. but, unfortunelty our FO would never pull off somthin like that :(

They pulled off Allen Iverson for Andre Miller? :shrug:

Stormblast
07-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Correction, we do not have $14 mil to kill, although Camby and Najera are gone, the Nugs are still over the cap.

DJiC
07-27-2008, 11:20 AM
correction we have 10mill to kill due to cambys trade exception....and the the MLE, and since our total salary was almost 30 million last year and najera made 4 and now hes gone that gives us that extra 4 to sign someone so technically we do have around 14....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-27-2008, 05:42 PM
They pulled off Allen Iverson for Andre Miller? :shrug:

true. but you've seen tha roll our FO has been on.
Losing Camby
losing Eddie
still point guardless...

It's frustrating.

C-Dub
07-27-2008, 09:46 PM
ah, its all build up for getting smith and livingston, the hawks want him back but he really doesnt want to play there anymore cuz he hates the coach. i bet if he knew he could play with AI, Melo, an Smith he would prolly try to get here

DJiC
07-27-2008, 10:37 PM
our salary would skyrocket if we have both smith and ai....but im all for it smith should play the 2/3 position gaurding the other teams best 2/3 guy....like if we had ron artest....im still curious as to if someone offers smith a contract will the hawks match since he openly said he would not go back.....imagine livingston/smith off the bench that would be SICK

DenButsu
07-27-2008, 11:26 PM
It's frustrating.

Well I sure as hell won't disagree with that! :laugh2:

But the truth is that a lot of these moves are not designed with the goal of immediate improvement. The arc of their effect will extend over the upcoming season and into future seasons as well. Not to mention the fact that this offseason is not yet over and they may not be done dealing. So we're still very far from watching the impact of all these recent moves play itself out. My guess is that by the 2010 offseason, this FO will really look like a bunch of total morons or they'll look like a team of absolute geniuses, and it'll be pretty clear which way the outcome went.

All I'd say though is that as frustrating as it is to watch them make all these moves with little explanation to us as to why, moves that on the surface are really hard to see as making much sense, they might actually have some concept of what they're doing. So it might be best to have a little patience and see how things unfold over a longer stretch of time before we play judge, jury, and executioner, and mob the Pepsi Center to hunt them down and lop off their heads.

dwanna23
07-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Correction, we do not have $14 mil to kill, although Camby and Najera are gone, the Nugs are still over the cap.

yes we do correction!

dwanna23
07-27-2008, 11:50 PM
I say you cant disagree that nuggets need a trade to happen so this a perfect opprotunity. :cheers:

Atlanta Hawks: Atkins and NeNe, and Steven hunter and 1st round pick (BoB)

Denver Nuggets: Josh smith and Zaza Pachulia :)

Its good for both teams, Its something they have to propose to the Hawks. Hawks wont propose for that. Nuggets have to make a move to make their francise better and that would deffinitally do that. If we can get Iverson For Miller. Lets get Josh smith and Pachulia for NeNe , Atkins , Steven Hunter.

Its good deal, maybe sounds too good to happen but anything possible and It might happen!!! :worthy::pray:

Theanswer76
07-28-2008, 01:42 AM
yes i agree, if we can get josh smith, we should get him, we'd get lucky if traded kmart for j smooth haha

C-Dub
07-28-2008, 08:07 AM
ya, trade kmart not nene and hunter, otherwise who would we have for a C

dwanna23
08-02-2008, 12:38 AM
:clap::clap::superman: Don't you think this a good idea! I think nuggets should trade kenyon martin for Josh smith! that would be a good trade for the situation Smith is in, He doesnt like woodsen and having Strong Disagreements with Hawks, It will be hard To get Smith For Kenyon but With some First round Draft Picks That could do it! Keyon Martin Isnt A horrible player he is good and can turn his Career around joining the hawks with JJ and Bibby! It's Realistic:up:! With are little cap room and trading K-MART and Contract We can pull IT off! ITs not TOo bad Of an Idea! I mean think about it!

Nuggets:
c- NeNe
-Josh Smith
-Carmelo anthony
sg-Allen Iverson
pg-J.R Smith

Its Something that would make denver past first round in the playoffs! My personal opion!!! :superman:! It Something More Exciting to hear about then francisco elson Or Cassell or Kwame Brown....... It's like nuggets just wanna stay being an Under-Dog! this Trade would shut everyone up and make it questionable that nuggets can win A championship!!!!:clap:! I mean Id rather have josh smith starting on are line up then... K-MART and Elson or Brown.... my own opion again! Just in My own Opion Would Make the Nugget more Entertaining and a Big Contender!!!!:jumpy::rimshot::box:! AND THIS IS JUST AN IDEA!!! So any Questions or Trade Idea's???

DenButsu
08-02-2008, 12:50 AM
From Denver's point of view it would be fantastic, sure.

But since Atlanta would never do it in a million years.... :shrug:

Rule number one about trading K-Mart: At least one pretty big crappy contract will necessarily come back to Denver in exchange. No team would accept his horrible contract otherwise.

nuggetfan101
08-02-2008, 01:31 AM
From Denver's point of view it would be fantastic, sure.

But since Atlanta would never do it in a million years.... :shrug:

Rule number one about trading K-Mart: At least one pretty big crappy contract will necessarily come back to Denver in exchange. No team would accept his horrible contract otherwise.
ya they would

DES
08-02-2008, 01:55 AM
doubt it.

DenButsu
08-02-2008, 02:00 AM
ya they would

Okay, realistically, what team do you think would take on K-Mart and his contract? It is, by the way, $14,431,818 in 08-09, $15,613,636 in 09-10, and $16,545,455 in 10-11 - for a grand total of $46,620,909 over 3 years.

And what players would they give back in return for him that wouldn't be crap contract players?

DJiC
08-02-2008, 03:25 AM
we would s&t smith but i doubt we would sign him to the knid of cash martin is making how bout scrubs like mario west or w/e speedy claxton

Stormblast
08-02-2008, 12:41 PM
You would have to be crazy to think ATL would be willing to make this trade.

With the lineup, JR at PG???

DJiC
08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
no with AI at point,smith at sg melo at sf josh smith at pf

PapelbonLester
08-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I like this likeup

Ai
JR
CA
KM
Nene

if we can get a couple more key bench players we could make a run.

avsman05
08-03-2008, 12:14 AM
we could definately make a run. Maybe both Denver and Houston will make it past the first round this year.

Stormblast
08-03-2008, 04:00 AM
no with AI at point,smith at sg melo at sf josh smith at pf

Well yeah, I was just questioning dwanna's reason for putting him at the point as listed in the very first post to start the thread.

DJiC
08-03-2008, 11:37 AM
why not have ai at point? he already gaurds most pgs in the league sometimes, and when his assists go up or W's go up, not to mention seriously AC or AI..

Stormblast
08-03-2008, 06:20 PM
No, I have no problem with AI at point, just the very first post had JR listed at point which doesn't make much sense to me.

ChitownbullsBG7
08-03-2008, 06:42 PM
haha, this thread is funny.

dwanna23
08-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I like this likeup

Ai
JR
CA
KM
Nene

if we can get a couple more key bench players we could make a run.

:mad: that line up wont win a championship! And A.i Would make a terrific PG but doesnt like that postion any more! You think Iverson would Already be at are starting PG! NO he doesnt like PG! And Josh SMooth isnt an all star! He aint even on that level and hasnt been an allstar! So i dont really get why this trade is so FAKE and Oh its impossible :mad:! At least K-MART made the allstar team!!!!! THE ONLY THING THAT MIGHT BE THE way in this trade IS MAYBE THE WANNA BUILD THAT TEAM AROUND SMITH OR HES TOO YOUNG! BESIDES THOSE THINGS J-SMOOTH IS JUST AVERAGE PLAYER LIKE K-MART! OR EVEN TRADE NENE AND K-MART FOR J-SMOOTH AND ZAZA! :confused: SO FILL ME IN WHY THIS TRADE IS SO CRAZY AND IMPOSSIBLE!:laugh::laugh2::jumpy:

asadf
08-03-2008, 08:11 PM
its impossible because NO TEAM would ever do it no matter how desperate they were to get rid of a player (smith). Atlanta can and will get a better offer than this from another team. Josh smith is about 10 years younger than K mart.. will likely make less money or about the same.. puts up better number than K mart and most importantly DOESNT HAVE 2 COMPLETELY RECONSTRUCTED KNEES. We would have to give up K mart + a 1st round pick + our trade exception to even get atlanta to listen. I really think its more important to go after a real PG than to focus on picking up smith. Hed be a great addition but its not the most pressing need.

celticfan
08-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Not a good trade for the hawks

POZUNO
08-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Hawks will not accept this trade. Nice try though

rocketsfan15
08-04-2008, 06:12 PM
atlanta would never do that

DJiC
08-11-2008, 05:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3525609

damn since he's signed now we should seriously make a push for a trade for him

C-Dub
08-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Do It!

TheAnswer037108
08-12-2008, 05:01 AM
Josh Smith is a tweener. I like to see him as a SF. Not a typical PF. And I would rather keep Kenyon.

Secondly, Atlanta is not going to trade him for KMart, or Walmart for that matter....

Thirdly, we dont need a MASSIVE trade to content. The friggin Hornets had the second best team in the West last season. And they had CP3, Tyson, and David West as their three best players.

Dont get me wrong, CP3 is a tremendous talent...BUT I WOULD TAKE AI, KMART, MELO OVER THEM ALLLLLLLLL DAY! Chalk that up to brilliant coaching. Thanks Karl.

DJiC
08-12-2008, 09:33 AM
First of all CP3,West,Chandler plays way more defense than AI,Kmart,Melo and secondly why are you knockin on the hornets there a solid team esp now since they got posey they got even more defensive..who did we get? a 2nd rd pick for camby, balkman, chris anderson, and dahntay jones...i would take posey over any of those people/picks anyday of the week, month,year....and josh smith plays more defense than those guys too so why not get it...yes josh smith is a sf but he's just as tall/big as some of the pfs in the league

TheAnswer037108
08-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Not knockin on the Hornets, they are an incredibly rock solid squad. Im just trying to stress that we dont need a MAJOR trade to improve. Our talent level is up there with anyone, we just gotta put it together (and get a BIGpoint guard)