PDA

View Full Version : NBA career

kswissdaf
07-26-2008, 09:21 PM
i no this is a dumb post but do you think i have potentail to go pro. 6'2. 14. in my middle school team i averaged like 30 a game and like 8 rebs and 6 ast my freinds mom told me i had no clue.. can grap the rim and dunk a tennis ball. but im not going to a big high school. so do you think i can make and any tips?

MiamiHeat
07-26-2008, 09:23 PM
if u keep playing great you will get notice

daleja424
07-26-2008, 09:24 PM
if this is serious...PM me... I played high school ball and got some offers to play college ball at a couple small schools...

Lakersfan2483
07-26-2008, 09:50 PM
i no this is a dumb post but do you think i have potentail to go pro. 6'2. 14. in my middle school team i averaged like 30 a game and like 8 rebs and 6 ast my freinds mom told me i had no clue.. can grap the rim and dunk a tennis ball. but im not going to a big high school. so do you think i can make and any tips?

You have a great chance, work on your fundamentals of the game, shoot about 500 to 1000 shots a day, work on weight training and building your core muscles and just have the right attitude. You have to learn to think the game and in turn use that on the court.

Lakersfan2483
07-26-2008, 09:51 PM
You have to want it and separate yourself from all of the rest, it takes serious sacrifice.

Westbrook36
07-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Shoot Free Throws and Play Defense, Matters how much you want it

black1605
07-26-2008, 10:00 PM
transfer

GregOden#1
07-26-2008, 10:14 PM
You have to give us more information then just that.

And dont weight train, you're 14. It'l stunt your growth.

Westbrook36
07-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Dont Weight Train untill your done growing, 17-18 is usually around that.

Aapox
07-26-2008, 10:19 PM
One thing you can do that most people don't mention is try to be an avid student of the game. Sports are so complex that there are always new things to be learned. I think I could have been a better high school athlete if I understood the games more. Becoming a smart, heady player is the best thing you can possibly do outside of physical training and athletic talent.

GCOOKIE7
07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
You're a *****! OR just white. I'm the same height and i can dunk no problem with a real ball. You have no athleticism and you're not going anywhere.

mjrballer13
07-26-2008, 10:33 PM
thats ****ed up, but im 5' 11, 16 nd dunking, hispanic.
you should be jammin on ****** by now.
what position do you play?

daleja424
07-26-2008, 10:34 PM
^Dont listen to this ****. Keep your head up and work your *** off! Get there early and leave late...spend free time on ball skills and free-throws... but dont lift too much. What HS you going to?

GCOOKIE7
07-26-2008, 10:34 PM
ya man im a white boy with a friggin' beer belly and i havent done any physical activity since ball season ended and i can still throw it down.

GCOOKIE7
07-26-2008, 10:37 PM
not being able to throw it down doesn't mean you're ****.... but damn kid do some calf raises or something.

mjrballer13
07-26-2008, 10:39 PM
wait this is very important, what state do you play in??

MilwaukeeBAller
07-26-2008, 10:40 PM
guys, relax if he can't dunk yet. even though he's 6'2, he's only 14 years old!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately people don't get to the pros just cause they can dunk. Basketball not all about throwing it down. So ur 6'2, but how much do u way? If u played college ball, do u think you'd prolly be a guard?

mjrballer13
07-26-2008, 10:43 PM
yea but it shows hes unathletic, he needs to work his legs alot. need to kno if he has speed too.
middle school games are very easy, high school gets much harder, nd ive played with alot of college ballers nd it gets even harder, faster, nd more physical

*Superman*
07-26-2008, 11:00 PM
You should post a video of your game, if thats not to much to ask.

Kyben36
07-26-2008, 11:15 PM
too early to tell honestly. could get injured. could stop growing, Im sure at 14 ur playing C or PF. you could stop growing and end up short. But there is a chance.

King Koopa
07-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Dam your 6"2 and your just 14 so that means your going to be like 6"7 or 6"8 when your done growing...... And you avg 30 points 8rebs and 6ast??? wow thats better numbers then Mayo and he came out in the rise Mag. Where do you live by the way??? because if you live in a all white place dont expect to be playing to many good people.

King Koopa
07-26-2008, 11:28 PM
too early to tell honestly. could get injured. could stop growing, Im sure at 14 ur playing C or PF. you could stop growing and end up short. But there is a chance.

Bro hes 14 you dont stop growing until your 21 so wtf are you saying bro.... but then again your a bulls fan most of you are brain dead. And since when is 6"2 short isnt Rose that height....

GspLAL
07-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Bro hes 14 you dont stop growing until your 21 so wtf are you saying bro.... but then again your a bulls fan most of you are brain dead. And since when is 6"2 short isnt Rose that height....

lol wtf

bogdanrom
07-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah. Come on. You can't dunk. What?!? I am a 4'9 Asian from Greenland and I can dunk. I can do 360's easily. You must be white.

Why are you guys picking on a damn 14 year old. You guys are a bunch of jacka**es. Just keep working on your game, stamina, it's very important to play at your full or close to it for the whole game not just one quarter. Keep excersing your calfs, lower back, and abdomen if you want to dunk.

S.J.Basketball
07-27-2008, 01:11 AM

Play all year round bro. Go to competitive camps and leagues during the off-season and hone in on your shooting skills big time. Anythings possible. Don't mess around with your grades though man. Who knows...maybe not NBA, but definitely a free ride through college on scholarship. Good luck man.

BigSteve
07-27-2008, 01:27 AM
If you want to excel you have to work on shooting and stamina everyday, but the most important thing someone already said. Be a student of the game! Athleticism will only take you so far. There a millions of more athletic players in the world than alot of the guys in the NBA. The fact they are there is because they studied the game till every choice they make on the court is second nature.

Westbrook36
07-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Well I play basketball and I have no Stamina, I mean im great but I dont know how i can work on it :shrug: Any help?

BigSteve
07-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Well I play basketball and I have no Stamina, I mean im great but I dont know how i can work on it :shrug: Any help?

Thinga like jump rope and shuttle drills up and done the court go along way. Alot of people will say things like jogging, but basketball is more about lots of short explosive bursts than straight running.

Westbrook36
07-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Gotcha Ima Go buy a Jump Rope and do a bunch of them everyday. Yeah Im really quick for short burst, I also play soccer so it should help in both

Hellcrooner
07-27-2008, 03:23 AM
How old are you?

if you you are that good. tape yourself some games, and then send them to all teams in spanish, italian, Greek and french league.

If they find you intriguin thehy will make you a prove and if they like what they see they will put you in teir young scheme and find you a Hihg scholl here .

When you are 16 they will sign you a semi-pro contract ( thats better than 0 incomings) and if you are good at 18 you will be seeing first team action on a very good league or even in euroleague, so when you are 20 you can enter the draft being much more nba ready that anyone form ncaa and you wil ahve earned your money for 4 years too.

spurhead
07-27-2008, 05:55 AM

do u play with special ed ppl?
cuz if so then theres no point lol

kswissdaf
07-27-2008, 06:53 PM
i play pg/ sg

argo
07-27-2008, 07:13 PM
be careful where you look for, and take advice from. Too many opinions isn't helpful. Here's a little more anonymous advice ;) - If you're serious, do your research, find a coach/ trainer with a good track-record for developing young players, and show him you're willing to do whatever it takes to be your best.

Good luck!

balla4life22
07-27-2008, 07:17 PM
practice and try to get better every day. Get in shape too by doing suicides, defensive slides, etc. and set reasonable goals during your seasons

GCOOKIE7
08-05-2008, 07:57 PM

****in' run or something. go for a jog idiot

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-05-2008, 07:58 PM
pointless

lakers4sho
08-05-2008, 08:03 PM

Do you have YouTube clips of yourself? adding a few clips of your game to YouTube will help you to have exposure, even if just a little. And why not go to a big high school? I'm pretty sure there are some pretty good public high schools in your area. Bball coaches there are usually better because they get paid higher. And it's better to play against better competition.

Doesn't matter if you can dunk or not. Basketball is not a game of dunking.