PDA

View Full Version : Manny could get suspended

bosox1899
07-26-2008, 12:21 PM
According to the Providence Journal, Manny Ramirez faces disciplinary action if he isn't in the lineup on Saturday.
An MRI on his right knee Friday came back clean, but Manny told bench coach Brad Mills just before game time that he'd be unable to play. Some believe Ramirez is taking out his frustration with upper management by faking a knee injury. Manny is seeking a contract extension and has had a couple of brushes with teammates and staff members this season. Still, there's little to no doubt in our minds that Manny will be in that lineup on Saturday. He faces a suspension and fines if things go any differently.

Rotoworld

Not really surprised, Manny seems to do this at least once per year

Brooke
07-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I normally defend Manny but enough is enough. We are playing the Yankees, Ortiz is back they needed him in the game

RdSxFn38
07-26-2008, 01:09 PM
After Manny told Mills he wouldn't be able to play Friday, McAdam also said that Francona came onto the field during bp and went and got Henry to have a meeting with him in his office

-Lavigne43-
07-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. Enough is enough with him

ccspence8
07-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Say hello to Matt Holliday...sorry Manny I liked you but the management has had enough with you.

Raidaz4Life
07-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Good, he wants to be a big baby then sit his ***

yaowowrocket11
07-26-2008, 02:36 PM
:pity:

I am done with Manny, he better get traded in the next week or I will be pissed.

Where is Tragedy when I need backup on my anti-Manny remarks?!?!?

:D

-Lavigne43-
07-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Well he is in the lineup tonight

sboyajian
07-26-2008, 02:58 PM
There is no way he get's his options picked up. They will make a move to get someone else. The advantage here is, now that the yankees have a backlog of OF's, I don't see them making a move for him. I don't think they can fit another 20 million salary.

Off to the NL with him.

PapelbonLester
07-26-2008, 03:11 PM
hopefully a sign and trade so we could get something out of it.

sboyajian
07-26-2008, 03:25 PM
He'll have to waive his 10/5 no trade clause. I suppose it's possible as Boras would be able to work him a new deal.

Sportfan
07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
i think we release manny and get texeria. We will have to give up draft picks for texeria but we can replace them with probally better ones. (depends on who signs him)

-Lavigne43-
07-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Where are we going to play Tex?

Tragedy
07-26-2008, 03:55 PM
:clap:

Manny, enjoy being apart of a new team next year.

yaowowrocket11
07-26-2008, 04:24 PM
:clap:

Manny, enjoy being apart of a new team next year.

:cheer:

I certainly hope so.

RedSoxRok34
07-26-2008, 06:45 PM
:pity:

I am done with Manny, he better get traded in the next week or I will be pissed.

Where is Tragedy when I need backup on my anti-Manny remarks?!?!?

:D

Say hello to Matt Holliday...sorry Manny I liked you but the management has had enough with you.

idk about tragedy, but i got your back ;)

i've always defended manny, let him do his thing, so long as he's not hurting the team. well, now he's hurting the team. manny has crossed the line.

i would absolutely love to get holliday, he plays hard and we would need to put extra supports behind the green monster to protect it from all the damage he would inflict. he may not have the raw power of manny in his heyday, but i would definitely be all for bringing him here.

my idea, as i posted in one of the umpteen other trade threads we have going, is to trade manny to any other team that wants him, who sends their prospects to colorado, and we can add in from our end as well. given the current situation, i don't mind overpaying to get holliday here.

cocossox
07-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Say hello to Matt Holliday...sorry Manny I liked you but the management has had enough with you.i'd be more than happy with Matt Holliday