PDA

View Full Version : general question for rockets

Isiah Thomas
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Keep in mind the rockets are my 3rd favorite team....You need to trade Tmac or Ming... i am sorry... you do...

not to take anything away from ming... MIng is a Giant... giants dont last long in the nba ... ala manute bol bradley george muearson (not sure the spelling) he got about 3-4 more good season on those knees...

tmac one of my favorite players but always injuried... you have a tough team and a great fan base..

trade one of them for a star while they still have the high trade value... you make 2 much money off ming because off the international attention he attracts and the most popular bball player of all time.. and his contract is less per year...

you can get great value for tmac.. who is dieing to win... you tell me....

who would you trade T-mac or Ming and why

p.s. battier is awesome

Alex-sama
07-26-2008, 10:39 AM
none of them
We only need to strenghten our bench to lift off their pressure and PT. That's already enougt to go deep into the playoff. And right now we're going to the right direction why should we destroy the team and build it up once again?

HouRealCoach
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
I would trade T-Mac for the Orlando type Mcgrady....and Yao for the 2005 Yao Ming

Other than that I wouldnt trade either

Isiah Thomas
07-26-2008, 12:29 PM
you have some decent young talent but not a lot.. ming is done in 3 years.. and tracy is prob not going to resign unless you get some players to put around him....

you are 3 years away from being a 25 win team in the west...

just trade tmac to the pistons .. let him have an oppertunity to win...

ok thats a bit harsh.. but you need a 3rd option..because tracy will mis 20 games and ming will miss 25.. you need somebody who can put up 20 ppg when they are out.. and 15 when they are there... if not the west is just 2 good.... besides that u are set....

prash
07-26-2008, 12:40 PM
any thread started about trading t-mac or yao = fail

t-mac1nukka
07-26-2008, 12:47 PM
congratulations youre the one millionth person to start this exact thread!!!!!

stevefrancis
07-26-2008, 01:04 PM
stay in your own teams thread we don't need you losers coming in here repeating threads that have been made 100 times this summer.

Tmac to da rack
07-26-2008, 01:04 PM
you have some decent young talent but not a lot.. ming is done in 3 years.. and tracy is prob not going to resign unless you get some players to put around him....

ok thats a bit harsh.. but you need a 3rd option..because tracy will mis 20 games and ming will miss 25.. you need somebody who can put up 20 ppg when they are out.. and 15 when they are there... if not the west is just 2 good.... besides that u are set....

Why wont anyone listen????????? This guy has great points, and are facts! Ya homers need to face reality, everything this guy said I agree 100%. Actions will take place, either this trade deadline or next off season if Rockets Fail!

stevefrancis
07-26-2008, 01:15 PM
hes saying stuff we already talked about a month ago. were waiting another season hopefully nobody gets hurt again 55 wins with our best player out.

HouRealCoach
07-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Now That I can agree with

alexander_37
07-26-2008, 02:00 PM
you guys act like we decide who gets traded

yaowowrocket11
07-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Wow, I was reading it, and getting confused because most people call him Yao, not Ming! "D

Anyways, I am a fan of the T-Mac trade to Detroit. I think Rip Hamilton and Prince surrounding Yao would push this team right to the top of the Western Conference, next to the Lakers.

bw2893
07-26-2008, 05:40 PM
"Wow, I was reading it, and getting confused because most people call him Yao, not Ming! "D

Anyways, I am a fan of the T-Mac trade to Detroit. I think Rip Hamilton and Prince surrounding Yao would pu"

Only problem is... Detoit isn't willing to trade Rip for T-Mac, which is smart on their part. They would give Prince and Billups and maybe a pick or something.

Or, they might give Billups and Wallace or Prince and Wallace for T-Mac and Laundry...maybe.

Would any of those trades work?

Rhyming Rebel
07-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Wow, I was reading it, and getting confused because most people call him Yao, not Ming! "D

Anyways, I am a fan of the T-Mac trade to Detroit. I think Rip Hamilton and Prince surrounding Yao would push this team right to the top of the Western Conference, next to the Lakers.

Oh how wrong u will be. Yao is not a leader and neither Rip or Prince create for themselves.

astrosmaniac
07-26-2008, 05:53 PM
"Wow, I was reading it, and getting confused because most people call him Yao, not Ming! "D

Anyways, I am a fan of the T-Mac trade to Detroit. I think Rip Hamilton and Prince surrounding Yao would pu"

Only problem is... Detoit isn't willing to trade Rip for T-Mac, which is smart on their part. They would give Prince and Billups and maybe a pick or something.

Or, they might give Billups and Wallace or Prince and Wallace for T-Mac and Laundry...maybe.

Would any of those trades work?

no, none of the proposed t-mac to detroit trades work for us

Alex-sama
07-26-2008, 05:54 PM

OFFTOPIC: Yao is his family name. Why are you confused?

Why do we need Prince? We've already his better version: Battier. I don't think Prince want to play off the bench. Rip is alright but should we trade him? He is older than t-mac and t-mac is much better in skills.

About some guys said we can use Yao and T-Mac only for a couple of years. First you CAN'T predict how long a player stay in his prime. Even if you predicted right they can only play three more years. I'm OK with it if they can get us 1 or 2 championship after 15 years.
Second you can't trade your stars at his prime or else you keep developing your team. You can't win championship with only young talents. You need combination of youngster and veterans.

t-mac1nukka
07-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Why wont anyone listen????????? This guy has great points, and are facts! Ya homers need to face reality, everything this guy said I agree 100%. Actions will take place, either this trade deadline or next off season if Rockets Fail!

ohhhhhhh cause if you agree everyone else has to too huh?! lol

we arent listening cause weve done listened to this crap more than enough times already.

goku
07-27-2008, 12:51 AM
you guys act like we decide who gets traded

thats true we cant do anything bout the team except cheer and hope the can win

tracy mctrophy
07-27-2008, 02:44 AM
alright look never trust a guy with a username that starts with isiah and end in thomas and second did u see what we did before yao ggot hurt we were tip top man so dude dont even start

goku
07-27-2008, 04:39 AM
alright look never trust a guy with a username that starts with isiah and end in thomas and second did u see what we did before yao ggot hurt we were tip top man so dude dont even start

another true comment this is a knicks fan who team who has to be rebuilt right now and team that will be a 25 win team for the next 3-4 yrs

pippsux
07-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I have already commented on this, but for sh#ts and giggles, I will do it again with a sprinkle of something fresh. Tmac is a superstar, he still gets u 20 5 5 which is not easy to do and Lebron is one of few that does that. You don't just trade for trading sake. I do agree that next year is make or break. Year 5of the Yao/Mac era begins soon and their legacy will be defined next season. All the excuses will have dried up...ref conspiracy, Injury, lack of creators off the dribble, rebounding etc....

I personally think they will get out the 1st round and represent the West in the NBA finals. The addition of Barry is not a regular season move, it's a playoff move. Barry showed he can still get it done, as he was the best Spur in the playoffs. He will thirve in Adelmans offense with his cutting, passing and his over 40% shooting from anywhere on the floor.

I will be rooting for Team USA at the Olympics but will also be rooting for Yao and Scola to play well and stay healthy.

TMAC94
07-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Isahiah or how ever u spell it, you said tmac misses games, but yao has missed more.

JordansBulls
07-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Keep in mind the rockets are my 3rd favorite team....You need to trade Tmac or Ming... i am sorry... you do...

not to take anything away from ming... MIng is a Giant... giants dont last long in the nba ... ala manute bol bradley george muearson (not sure the spelling) he got about 3-4 more good season on those knees...

tmac one of my favorite players but always injuried... you have a tough team and a great fan base..

trade one of them for a star while they still have the high trade value... you make 2 much money off ming because off the international attention he attracts and the most popular bball player of all time.. and his contract is less per year...

you can get great value for tmac.. who is dieing to win... you tell me....

who would you trade T-mac or Ming and why

p.s. battier is awesome

I wouldn't trade either Yao or Mcgrady at this point. Both are still under 30.

bw2893
07-27-2008, 11:25 AM
"I wouldn't trade either Yao or Mcgrady at this point. Both are still under 30."

Yes, but how many 30 year old NBA stars are injured as constent and consistently as Yao and Mcgrady?? Not many. Many of those consecutive injury prone players are 2nd to 3rd teer players now.

Do not get rid of Yao thouogh, he is too unreplaceable, but Mcgrady? Replaceable. Working out a deal to maybe get Prince and even Rip, would nullify Houston as a major contender this year. Both Prince and Rip play good defense, contribute plenty of points, and most important.. they actually can play 70-82 games a season.

JordansBulls
07-27-2008, 11:30 AM
"I wouldn't trade either Yao or Mcgrady at this point. Both are still under 30."

Yes, but how many 30 year old NBA stars are injured as constent and consistently as Yao and Mcgrady?? Not many. Many of those consecutive injury prone players are 2nd to 3rd teer players now.

Do not get rid of Yao thouogh, he is too unreplaceable, but Mcgrady? Replaceable. Working out a deal to maybe get Prince and even Rip, would nullify Houston as a major contender this year. Both Prince and Rip play good defense, contribute plenty of points, and most important.. they actually can play 70-82 games a season.

Mcgrady does as well. It is a myth about Mcgrady being injured. Yao has been the problem the last 2 years. He has been injured for 25+ games.

bw2893
07-27-2008, 11:42 AM
"Mcgrady does as well. It is a myth about Mcgrady being injured. Yao has been the problem the last 2 years. He has been injured for 25+ games."

I remember having T-Mac on one of my fantasy teams and remembering being so frustrated becuase he missed so many games. 25+? Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 20 if not more.

You're right about Yao, but don't you think a healthy yao with Houston's solid wing players that that almost guarantee's good season and playoff playing? This league is centered around centers and Yao is one of the best three in the league easily. He does get injured often, but this year will probably be much better, and replacing T-mac with players around Yao would be a lot stronger than replacing Yao with other players around T-Mac. Like I said, despite Yao's injuries, he's ireplaceable.

Tmac to da rack
07-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Can Yao Ming be the first 7'6 Nba player that has a succesful nba career, talking about 10+seasons, or is Yao also going to fall down to his knees like every other tall freak thats played in the NBA is the real question here guys. Most likely his going to fall down to his knees and be forced to retire from playing basketball, his already showing signals of breaking down, so why not just trade Yao and get something very valuable in return then to just keep him ?

bw2893
07-27-2008, 12:21 PM
"Can Yao Ming be the first 7'6 Nba player that has a succesful nba career, talking about 10+seasons, or is Yao also going to fall down to his knees like every other tall freak thats played in the NBA is the real question here guys. Most likely his going to fall down to his knees and be forced to retire from playing basketball, his already showing signals of breaking down, so why not just trade Yao and get something very valuable in return then to just keep him ?"

This could be very true, but if Yao heals and plays like he did when he first started, which is just as possible as him breaking down, then who would be the one more easily replaceale and irreplaceable? I think the former would be T-Mac and the ladder- Yao.

Of course, these are all if's and maybe's, which Houston's FO has to sort out of which of them are true.

YAOMING4MVP
07-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Yao will never be traded. He has to much value to the team because of his marketing.

Young_Josh
07-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Well I am a tmac fan and i no you would trade him be4 yao.no matter how many times he gets injured! You just dont trade someone who is 7'6. As much as I want houston to win if they dont get a third scorer they will not win no champ..even if yao and mac stay healthy.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2008, 09:04 PM
As usual, the training room will be the issue. China will never give Ming time off, the Rockets knew that when they drafted/signed him. That being said, the roster is good enough, that they should really just tell Yao to rest all of training camp, and start regular practice when the regular season starts, and try to play around game 10-12. The team can AT LEAST play .500 ball. When a man weighs 310 lbs, his feet need rest. He will be staring at injuries the rest of his career if they don't think of something
As far as McGrady, if the Pistons are offering Billups/Prince for him, do it. McGrady calls in sick 15 games a year. I have no idea how he is hurt all the time, he never drives to the rim. He is a spectacular talent, like his cousin, but they both seem a little weak. The Rockets have a small window, they need to take it now.

BRADfromOZ
07-28-2008, 05:29 PM
T Mac and Hayes to Detroit for Hamilton, Prince and Maxiell would be a trade i'd be happy to see done. I feel both teams would benefit from this trade.