PDA

View Full Version : Team USA -DESTROYS- Canada!

HOZ THE KNICK
07-25-2008, 08:32 PM
i think team usa looks good....it's amazing how this team turned out after 3yrs. instead of just putting a bunch of players together.they look comfortable playing together....

HOZ THE KNICK
07-25-2008, 08:40 PM
carmelo anthony is a baller...denver will be crazy as hell to think about trading him.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-25-2008, 08:41 PM
i think team usa looks good....it's amazing how this team turned out after 3yrs. instead of just putting a bunch of players together.they look comfortable playing together....

Hoz you are right. Its a team game so that chemistry and continuity plays a huge role. Its a shame it took us a while to realize that we cant just roll out all star teams and expect to win like in the past.

Hustla23
07-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Team USA is very committed to defense and chemistry. They're playing great.

oldmaid
07-25-2008, 10:34 PM
haha canada got rolled

Hustla23
07-25-2008, 10:44 PM
I hope you guys caught all the fast break action ;)

still a fan
07-25-2008, 11:23 PM
I hope it was Mike who made the commitment to the defensive game and showed them how to defend the pick and roll, text book!!

Could this be what we have to look forward too?? I hope so!!

rico
07-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Yeah i know its 'canada' but i like to call it canadia.

anyway.. WOW.. WITHOUT Lebron too!

Box Score: http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2008/08_msnt_exh_01_box.pdf

thoughts?

DenButsu
07-26-2008, 05:36 AM
Video (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3505879&categoryId=2459788)

box score (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/basketball/gamepackage/boxscore?gameId=725) (not pdf)

recap (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=3505801)

Great to see Wade looking healthy and playing sharp. Hope LeBron will be looking the same in a day or two.

innovator
07-26-2008, 06:12 AM
complete team effort... 3 players with 20+ points and kobe with 15

rico
07-26-2008, 06:36 AM
Gjob with the video additon DenButsu :) :hi5:

{}
07-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Thoughts?

USA>Canada (including basketball). But everyone already knew that. ;)

DenButsu
07-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Thoughts?

I guess the one real piece of new information that answered an unknown question was that yes, if a starter is injured, Wade can step in, start, and mesh well with the team. Since he was injured last summer and didn't play, that was just about the only real question mark.

Although one more new question is how Jason Kidd plays 16 minutes on a team with Kobe, Wade, Melo and Dwight and manages to get ZERO assists...

Ragun
07-26-2008, 08:04 AM
it sucks but its like facing an all-nba team so whatever. :p

arlubas
07-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Canada was pretty bad in the recent pre olympic tournament (and didn't get the ticket to China either) so this isn't really anything to write home about.

Denverb2b
07-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Canadians not in attendance

Steve Nash
Jamal Magloire
Samuel Dalembert

Steve just doesnt play for us anymore
Jamal never has
Sam just got booted off the team

Still would of been beat but Canada does have better players they just dont care I guess :mad:

rico
07-26-2008, 08:39 AM
I guess the one real piece of new information that answered an unknown question was that yes, if a starter is injured, Wade can step in, start, and mesh well with the team. Since he was injured last summer and didn't play, that was just about the only real question mark.

Although one more new question is how Jason Kidd plays 16 minutes on a team with Kobe, Wade, Melo and Dwight and manages to get ZERO assists...

yeah 0 pts 0 assist, 1 stl 2 to and 5 boards lol.

Denverb2b
07-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Wade obviously did the job but ever since coming back from injury he has looked alot bigger, time for him to stop eating sweets

BADizzleBoY
07-26-2008, 08:56 AM
I watched the whole game and I would like to say this, USA made canada look terrible. I mean, they were actually just playing streetball it seemed. Especially in the second half. I am only 17 and the last olympics I watched was 4 years ago when I was 13. Is this usally how these usa games are played?

torontosports10
07-26-2008, 09:01 AM
You guys had an All-NBA team.. we didnt have one NBA player and ya go on like its a big relief that ya won the game... If you didnt win by over 40 points something was wrong.

BADizzleBoY
07-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Well, we one by 56, I think. But anyways, that was the worst team I have seen in awhile, no offense. But why did you guys give up sammy d, it was a dumb desicion.

torontosports10
07-26-2008, 09:24 AM
When you have a player who walks around knowing he is the best player and not talking to his teammates and when he does he only complains about being there and how he doesnt like how the team is playing or how the coach is running the team there was just no point. He was being a douche bag and the team had a vote and sent him packing.

Isiah Thomas
07-26-2008, 09:36 AM
wait is kg not on the roster??

AK-50
07-26-2008, 09:37 AM
yea we suck at basketball but we whop you guys in Hockey :D

Jay22Redd
07-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Usa...usa...usa...usa!!!!

LAKESHOW..
07-26-2008, 10:10 AM
my thoughts are that team usa is all-stars and their the best of the best and canada well i dont even know a player from canada

madiaz3
07-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Kidd did often have a few assists but they passed it off for even more entertaining plays.

chaugh970
07-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Kidd played great in his limited minutes, stats do not tell the whole story. It seemed Coach K was getting some lineup experimenting out of the way knowing kidd will be ready to go when its crunch time.

FOBolous
07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
there's really nothing to cheer about because Canada...is well...Canada. I'll hold back the celebration until Team USA plays a real team.

daleja424
07-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Kidd played great in his limited minutes, stats do not tell the whole story. It seemed Coach K was getting some lineup experimenting out of the way knowing kidd will be ready to go when its crunch time.

are you serious? Kidd looked aweful. He tried to throw two alley oops and missed the mark by 10 feet each time...and he had two outlet passe picked off...and the one outlet pass that got through he threw to far and carmello had to save it in to Bosh. Kidd should not be playing when we have paul and williams. why not lose kidd and pick up chandler!!!

Denverb2b
07-26-2008, 10:24 AM
yea we suck at basketball but we whop you guys in Hockey :D

I wouldnt say we suck at basketball, the greatest player in the world for two years straight was Steve Nash, a Canadian.

Our problem is not that our Canadian players suck, its that our Canadian basketball program is in shambles. Nash wont play for us anymore since we fired Triano who now coaches the USA select team, Magloire never would play for us at all because apperently they disrespected him, Samuel Dalmbert was booted off the team because the other players felt that he thought he was better than the rest of them, well maybe thats because he is. You know you dont see team USA saying "hey Kobe you walk with a swagger and think your good, your fired!" Denham Brown an excellent college player quit the team this year as well, Juan Mendez who spent time with the Heat wasnt even asked to join the team.

Canada has the talent to be a top ten team in the world, the program stinks and none of the good players want to be part of it.

Denverb2b
07-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Thoughts?

You must of really hated it when Canadian Steve Nash became back to back MVP beating out every American in the NBA ;)

daleja424
07-26-2008, 10:35 AM
You must of really hated it when Canadian Steve Nash became back to back MVP beating out every American in the NBA ;)

haha...1 guy! are you serious?... 1 guy in the history of the NBA and Canada is good?

Beach Rock
07-26-2008, 10:35 AM
canada did what they could with what they had...Nobody should come close to beating that USA team. Did anyone else think Wade looked bad?? I don't mean his stats either. he is looking more like a current charles barkley than an old dwayne wade...he's fat!! He's even trying to hide his fat face with a goatee. I'm a fan of his but man, lose the weight!

FOBolous
07-26-2008, 10:39 AM
After all, the Canadian national team is probably the weakest team (with the possible exception of Angola) the Americans are going to see the rest of this summer, so we caution everyone against getting overly giddy over this particular display of dominance.

This wasn't Duke-Carolina. This was more like Duke-Belmont Abbey.

And while there was plenty to be satisfied with from Friday night's shellacking, nobody from Team USA -- except their vocal supporters in the sellout crowd of 18,498 -- was getting overly excited over this one.

The competition gets exceedingly more difficult next week when the Americans play friendlies against Australia, Russia and Lithuania on their pre-Olympic tour of Macao and Shanghai, and you can be assured that if they allow any of those opponents to get uncontested looks on 42 percent of their shots, there will not be a 55-point discrepancy in the final score.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=USACanada-080726

i think it's too early for yall to celebrate. the real competition has yet to come.

daleja424
07-26-2008, 10:39 AM
canada did what they could with what they had...Nobody should come close to beating that USA team. Did anyone else think Wade looked bad?? I don't mean his stats either. he is looking more like a current charles barkley than an old dwayne wade...he's fat!! He's even trying to hide his fat face with a goatee. I'm a fan of his but man, lose the weight!

seriously? he was skinny and frail and everyone told him to bulk up...then last year he gained weight...and everyone told him he was too heavy...and now he is friggin ripped! you must be joking. If you think that D-wade looked fat your a moron. his body fat is like 6% man...max...he just looked weird b/c of his damn bald head...

Denverb2b
07-26-2008, 10:45 AM
haha...1 guy! are you serious?... 1 guy in the history of the NBA and Canada is good? hahahaahahah!!!!!!:smoking::smoking::smoking:

1 guy? How about the guy that invented the game, ever heard of him? LMAO

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-26-2008, 10:48 AM
only 55 points?

daleja424
07-26-2008, 10:50 AM
1 guy? How about the guy that invented the game, ever heard of him? LMAO

really?really? 2 guys??? 2 guys??? are you kidding? leave it alone... Canada is as close to USA in basketball as an ant is close to an elephant in size...

ari1013
07-26-2008, 10:51 AM
It's about time. After 1996 they completely lost any sense of it being Team USA

Beach Rock
07-26-2008, 10:53 AM
seriously? he was skinny and frail and everyone told him to bulk up...then last year he gained weight...and everyone told him he was too heavy...and now he is friggin ripped! you must be joking. If you think that D-wade looked fat your a moron. his body fat is like 6% man...max...he just looked weird b/c of his damn bald head...

My bad then...see I'm not privy to his Body fat index, I can only go by what I see, and bald head or not he looked like he was getting ready to hibernate. hahaha...too much time on set with Chuck.

kazzy4080
07-26-2008, 10:55 AM
in related news me and four of my friends (we are all in college) beat a bunch of 4th graders in basketball 250 to 4.

Denverb2b
07-26-2008, 10:59 AM
really?really? 2 guys??? 2 guys??? are you kidding? leave it alone... Canada is as close to USA in basketball as an ant is close to an elephant in size...

The program yes, the players not so much, if all canada's best suited up it wouldnt be as easy as yesterday.

daleja424
07-26-2008, 11:08 AM
The program yes, the players not so much, if all canada's best suited up it wouldnt be as easy as yesterday.

fine...it might have been 70-120 instead... you really really over estimate your players... Nash is now like the 4th best PG (if that) and Sam Dalembert isnt even like a top 40 player in the NBA... you could lace up anyone you want and it wouldnt even be close... Paul/Williams > Nash, and Howard>>>>>>>>>>Dalembert... The fact that dalembert was the best player on your team is actually PATHETIC! He is like the 4th best plaer on his NBA team (maybe)...

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Apperently your american parents and american school system sucked at raising and teaching you, its 65 points ******

Oh say can you seeee, we cannot read or countttttt
What so proudly we hailed as we couldnt find one guy on a camal who blew us upp..................... (to the tune of their athem)

By the way Spain says hi, Greece does to, rememeber them?

whew! sorry pal, but obviously you didnt know that 65 candian is 55 american.. way to take things over the line with the pent up racist **** :clap: .... anyways, you shoulda typed counnnnnnt and uuuup because the way you spelled it is gonna be pronounced countatatata and upuhp which may be canuck for your mommy and daddy.. but hey i'm not familiar to the culture of the people of america's hat... eh?

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-26-2008, 11:12 AM
oh, yeah i forgot to mention. thanks to point out that we whooped on you by even more points.... wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Denverb2b
07-26-2008, 11:17 AM
fine...it might have been 70-120 instead... you really really over estimate your players... Nash is now like the 4th best PG (if that) and Sam Dalembert isnt even like a top 40 player in the NBA... you could lace up anyone you want and it wouldnt even be close... Paul/Williams > Nash, and Howard>>>>>>>>>>Dalembert... The fact that dalembert was the best player on your team is actually PATHETIC! He is like the 4th best plaer on his NBA team (maybe)...

It is pathetic but thats the program not the players.

Magloire
Dalembert
Kendall
Anderson
Brown
Mendez
Nash
Barrett
English

To name a few is far and away a better team than what you faced yesterday and the game imo would be a tight one, you have to remember your team has alot to prove because they are not the world champs, Spain is and your team was nothing to brag about in the last world championships.

If all canadian players played, we would be top ten in the world and id wager would play the US tough much tougher than the 120-70 you suggest.

Denverb2b
07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
oh, yeah i forgot to mention. thanks to point out that we whooped on you by even more points.... wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Your score 120-55

Actual score 120-65

I have actually pointed out that you whooped us by less, MORON

Stop posting, please

CanadianKid1987
07-26-2008, 11:24 AM
^^^^
Agreed

lovingTO
07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't know why people in here are giving canada a hard time? They put a bad team on the court and lost to an nba team of superstars...BIG SURPRISE! This isn't even worth talking about.

greg_ory_2005
07-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Canada was just awful...I began to cheer for USA. :D

sep11ie
07-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Wade obviously did the job but ever since coming back from injury he has looked alot bigger, time for him to stop eating sweets

He needs to quit hanging out with Sir Charles!

sep11ie
07-26-2008, 11:52 AM
in related news me and four of my friends (we are all in college) beat a bunch of 4th graders in basketball 250 to 4.

Dang, how did they get 4 points? LOL!

rapswin98
07-26-2008, 11:55 AM
canada has a terrible program with some terrible players. obviosly this was going to be an embarrasment.

ink
07-26-2008, 12:05 PM
General note: if posters are baiting and upsetting you in a thread, do not respond by insulting them back. Report them and they will receive infractions.

----

About the game. It was between the Gold medal favourite and a team that didn't make the Olympics. The USA routinely crushes teams that ACTUALLY MAKE the Olympics, so this is not a surprise.

cambovenzi
07-26-2008, 12:09 PM
its kinda funny how the canadians are trying to rip the US basketball team for losing 1 total game in the 06 championships by 6 points.
Greece got lucky and hit their middleschool 3pters, and then didnt against spain, and got beat horribly. its called a shooters chance. the US is by FAR the best team in the world.

stop crying in your tea chaps.

ink
07-26-2008, 12:15 PM
its kinda funny how the canadians are trying to rip the US basketball team for losing 1 total game in the 06 championships by 6 points.
Greece got lucky and hit their middleschool 3pters, and then didnt against spain, and got beat horribly. its called a shooters chance. the US is by FAR the best team in the world.

I agree with you that the USA is by far the best team in the world. They definitely kicked Canada's butt yesterday, but again that's not saying much. The team is a complete mess. They're also demoralized because they failed to qualify in a tournament they just came from and Dalembert was just kicked off the team by a coach who is probably going to lose his position after this. You couldn't have two teams faced in more opposite directions.

But I agree that Canadians in this thread should stop being so defensive and give some props to a great USA team. Graceful in losing, right?

One Nut Kruk
07-26-2008, 12:20 PM
You guys had an All-NBA team.. we didnt have one NBA player and ya go on like its a big relief that ya won the game... If you didnt win by over 40 points something was wrong.

Yeah no kidding. I don't really give a crap about basketball but when I saw that these 2 were playing, my first thought was the score was going to be somewhere around 120-60. If anybody is excited about this win for the US, they've got some serious mental problems.

Highlight
07-26-2008, 12:29 PM
All I have to say is, Chris Paul is sick!

The sequence with the clock running down (end of second half?), he went one on one and performed some of the best handles I've ever seen.

All in all, Team USA did what they should have done. Now, I want to see how they fair against Spain, Argentina, and Greece.

Hellcrooner
07-26-2008, 12:31 PM
preparatory games dont matter a ****.

If they mattered check this out.

in the last weak spain is 4 - 0

Beat Portugal by 50 points

Beat Argentina

Beat Russia by 30 points

Beat Lithuania by 30 points.

But you know? friendlys matter nothing.

ink
07-26-2008, 12:35 PM

Beat Argentina

Beat Russia by 30 points

I know what you mean, but those are still impressive wins by Spain.

FOBolous
07-26-2008, 12:50 PM

Beat Argentina

Beat Russia by 30 points

wow...Argentina, Russia, and Lithuania aren't pushovers like Canada either. props to the Spanish team :clap:

mjt20mik
07-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Thoughts?

That's why we pwn you guys in hockey..
lmao.. all jokes aside.. I'm sure no one doubted who would win this game.
Gotta love the monster dunks by Bosh, Wade, and Kobe.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-26-2008, 12:54 PM
my post got deleted, i was just explaining that my original post was stating the difference!!! between the score of UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and canada (which WAS 55). i, gave the original attacker (baiter) the benefit of the doubt and believed i was wrong and even didn't take too much offense to the camel bombing phrase. sorry, i took it too far including an opinion of the canadian ladies that i believed to be true (due to experience) but what if i referred to every candian as a moose (as he did arabs as camels) ...did he also receive a penalty? or was it ok because moderator INK from vancouver is also from the north... anyways, everything got taken too far on both sides and my apology is in the mail, as soon as i find my most sarcastic stamp with uncle sam on it.

One Nut Kruk
07-26-2008, 12:59 PM
What did you say about Canadian ladies? Because you know, once you cross that border, it's like a whole new world. Strange creatures and mutants over here just 5 minutes from the US in some cases while all American girls are gorgeous. It's crazy.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-26-2008, 01:40 PM
and the 2nd mvp he won shpuld of been lebron's..

lakersrock
07-26-2008, 01:45 PM
It's gonna suck when LeBron comes back. He'll think he is the leader, even though Kobe/Kidd clearly are. I'd rather just send him home and get Tyson. We clearly need a true C on the roster, because some of our PFs weren't working well at times. I really think putting LeBron in there will mess up their rhythm though.

DenButsu
07-26-2008, 01:51 PM
If people keep it up with the nationalist douchebaggery and insulting/baiting people from other countries, this thread is closed. Be good patriots, root for your team, even have a little *friendly* and good humored "trash talk"... but don't be baiting/flaming/insulting.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-26-2008, 01:57 PM
If people keep it up with the nationalist douchebaggery and insulting/baiting people from other countries, this thread is closed. Be good patriots, root for your team, even have a little *friendly* and good humored "trash talk"... but don't be baiting/flaming/insulting.

THANK YOU! i'n not renouncing my total faith in THE USA but i agree.. let's just give it a month and then we can all be jumping around in our victory... plus i gotta hear about korea that MIGHT win a medal (in any event) and i need something to gloat about..

DenButsu
07-26-2008, 02:04 PM
THANK YOU! i'n not renouncing my total faith in THE USA but i agree.. let's just give it a month and then we can all be jumping around in our victory... plus i gotta hear about korea that MIGHT win a medal (in any event) and i need something to gloat about..

FWIW, my message applies to citizens of all countries, not just the U.S. :cool:

conway429
07-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Yeah, everyone's taking this a little too far.
The truth is, Canadians really don't care about the national team.
I didn't watch the game, nor have I watched any of the games.
I didn't even know it happened until I saw everyone in here rejoicing over this monumental and heroic victory.
Congrats to the US team, every player is an all-star, and potential MVP candidate. Clearly the most talented players in the world, you always have been, and always will be.
And what's the problem with our ladies? I've been to the states and wasn't blown away by any of yours. With a population 10 times Canada, you'd better have some hot girls... but I also know you have your fair share of chunky fugglies. I've been to Burger King.

Halladay
07-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Americans are actually pumped about beating Canada? Are you serious? That's like bragging about getting with the ugliest girl at school...

maxisgod
07-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Americans are actually pumped about beating Canada? Are you serious? That's like bragging about getting with the ugliest girl at school...

lol word!

*Superman*
07-26-2008, 02:16 PM
It looked like the Allstar game for the US. Dwade's windmilll, Chris Bosh from Melo, and Deron and Paul had some sick moves too.

ink
07-26-2008, 02:23 PM
my post got deleted, i was just explaining that my original post was stating the difference!!! between the score of UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and canada (which WAS 55). i, gave the original attacker (baiter) the benefit of the doubt and believed i was wrong and even didn't take too much offense to the camel bombing phrase. sorry, i took it too far including an opinion of the canadian ladies that i believed to be true (due to experience) but what if i referred to every candian as a moose (as he did arabs as camels) ...did he also receive a penalty? or was it ok because moderator INK from vancouver is also from the north... anyways, everything got taken too far on both sides and my apology is in the mail, as soon as i find my most sarcastic stamp with uncle sam on it.

He got an infraction too. And guys, use PM's if you want to talk about this kind of stuff. Fukudome, you and I just worked it out that way, so all's good.

Good luck to USA in the Olympics! I can't decide who I'd rather see wearing a gold medal more: Bosh or Calderon. Hmmm. :D

FOBolous
07-26-2008, 02:35 PM

that's what i've been saying. i've been trying to tell people that this is no cause for celebration. It's CANADA. safe the celebration until we actually beat a good team.

no offense to the Canadians but your team sucks...especially without Nash, Magolore, and Dalembare (or however you spell his name).

THE MTL
07-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Did you see Team USA Women's score. They beat those fools by 80pts. DAG!

THE MTL
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM
It's gonna suck when LeBron comes back. He'll think he is the leader, even though Kobe/Kidd clearly are. I'd rather just send him home and get Tyson. We clearly need a true C on the roster, because some of our PFs weren't working well at times. I really think putting LeBron in there will mess up their rhythm though.

There is no leader in Team USA. They are solely based on chemistry and thats why the team been together for three years! Hello Three years! I'm pretty sure they know how to play with Lebron James. Seriously, how Lebron going screw up the team that he is clearly a part of the team. Everyone is a leader.

BADizzleBoY
07-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah there really isnt a leader on the usa team.

SportsFan1988
07-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Well that was fun to watch. :D

SportsFan1988
07-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Delete. :o

BADizzleBoY
07-26-2008, 03:10 PM
what does delete mean?

PhillyLuver
07-26-2008, 03:20 PM
It was a double post..

We thrashed them, but it's only harmless Canada :p

arlubas
07-26-2008, 03:20 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can call it whatever you want to but you plain and simple got owned in 06 after thinking you would take 1st place cruising throughout the tournament. Well guess what, there are other teams out there just as good as you (if not better) and this has been proved ever since 2002 in case you haven't noticed.

As for us getting our behinds whooped in the final game by Spain it was clearly because we gave everything we had in the game against the US and we were almost dead in the final. Plus you gotta give the Spaniards props, they were downright better than us that season. At least I can acknowledge and admit that instead of saying they got lucky or the refs favored them or whatever else...

One Nut Kruk
07-26-2008, 04:52 PM
that's what i've been saying. i've been trying to tell people that this is no cause for celebration. It's CANADA. safe the celebration until we actually beat a good team.

no offense to the Canadians but your team sucks...especially without Nash, Magolore, and Dalembare (or however you spell his name).

Barely anybody in Canada gives a rats azz about basketball. 90% of the country probably didn't even know they were playing. So no, we don't take offense.

Lord Byron 34
07-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Canadiens were probably more concerned with next year's World Under 20 hockey tournament...

SportsFan1988
07-26-2008, 05:05 PM
what does delete mean?

Double post. :rolleyes:

BADizzleBoY
07-26-2008, 05:20 PM
lol i was confused.

18colts29
07-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Your talking about a Canada team without 2 of the best Canadian players not even on it. Steve Nash and Sammy Dalembert. Wait until they beat Spain, and then everyone can talk about how great they are.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-26-2008, 05:52 PM
were going to win the gold this yr.period.....

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-26-2008, 06:20 PM
You should thank Kobe and Kidd
Kobe and Kidd telling these kids how to play the right way will get us the gold :clap:

One Nut Kruk
07-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Canadiens were probably more concerned with next year's World Under 20 hockey tournament...

CanadiAns.....and yes, we are more concerned with that. Hell, I'm more concerned with upcoming OHL training camps than I am with basketball, where one country could field about 10 teams that would all compete. Hmmm, sounds like Canada and hockey.

One Nut Kruk
07-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Do Americans actually get excited about this crap? If I were from the US, anything less than a 30 point victory in the Gold Medal game would be a disappointment.

alexander_37
07-26-2008, 07:04 PM
wow feel proud you won over canada in basketball OMFG