PDA

View Full Version : Now here's a tough question for all of you...

Sheffies Chef
07-26-2008, 12:32 AM
... Who was/is the worse reliever... Todd Jones or, wait for it, wait for it bum ba bum bum bum, Jason "Gas on the Fire" Grilli?

Personally, I'd have to say Grilli because he ALWAYS blew it. Jones has been known to have a good, decent, okay game every now and again.

Thoughts?

P.S. It can also be for the one you hate most, not neccessarily the worse one.

P.S.S. I thought this worked good considering the occasion lol :).

P.S.S.S. Todd Jones does suck by the way.

P.S.S.S.S. I'm done with the "P.S.'s now", so go ahead and stop reading my useless stuff and just get on with your posting.

spkmania
07-26-2008, 12:42 AM
at least grilli has the potential to strike people out. they both suck horribly, but worst case scenario, i honestly think i would rather have grilli.

Sheffies Chef
07-26-2008, 12:48 AM
that's a choice lol. naw, i see what you are sayin man. he was having success when we traded him. makes me wonder, we kept him when he sucked, traded him when he did good. wtf??

spkmania
07-26-2008, 02:27 AM
i mean todd jones has what, 13 strikeouts in like over 50 innings? you can't have a closer that allows hitters to put the ball in play. not to mention our defense isn't the greatest. look what happened when quentin put the ball in play tonight..... a power pitcher could have put him away with two strikes and finished the game.

Bondomania
07-26-2008, 02:50 AM
yea, really as a closer, you need a legit out pitch, not always are the bases going to be empty and there are times when you need the big strikeout, and if you can't get it, then you are going to get lit up

Sheffies Chef
07-26-2008, 03:58 AM
that's why i think dolsi could fill the closer role. that high 90's gas is sweet. remember against cleveland in that jam. gutierrez and peralta k'ed. crowd was loud, and the team was roaring.

One Nut Kruk
07-26-2008, 12:40 PM
I'd take Grilli anyday over Jones. Anyday.

Bondomania
07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Dolsi is still a little shaky to me.. i am fine with rodney zoom and cruceta getting a look.. however, Dolsi gets behind a lot, and doesn't really have a good k/bb rate...

jphenix2002
07-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Before he started to throw his slider again, I absolutely loathed Rodney. But now that he has developed confidence in that pitch again I think he can be much better than he has shown over the past couple of years. He needs to throw more strikes, but hey, I'm happy with the fact that he's not being stupid and avoiding his third pitch anymore. Edit: I guess Rodney was worried about the stress that it would put on his arm. But couldn't he just throw it once in awhile, to give hitters something else to think about?

Jones makes me sick. The worst thing about being a Tigers fan these days is KNOWING that Detroit needs at least four runs for Todd to play with going into the ninth, and even that's not safe. don't even ask him to pitch two innings. How many innings for him have been 1-2-3? Can't we put Zumaya back there? I know he blew a save the other night, but that's because he got extended two innings. If Leyland is going to give him a shot, give him a fair one. How many other times has he ask Joel to pitch two innings?

In my opinion Grilli is worse (apparently in Leyland's too). there is a reason he was always on garbage duty..

scottie
07-26-2008, 10:06 PM
I'd take Grilli anyday over Jones. Anyday.

retarted! people like you should not even post. its all garbage. Ok fool take a guy who is a career bad pitcher ---Grilli, and not take a guy who is number 14 on the Freaking all time save list. man you should get banned for a day for that! Not because you said it, but because you really believe it. FOOL:clap:

SCOTTDOG
07-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Scottie You Have To Be Out Of Your Frecken Mind To Keep Going Back To Screw Up Jones.we Need To Release Or Trade Jones Asap.

~Troy
07-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Scottie You Have To Be Out Of Your Frecken Mind To Keep Going Back To Screw Up Jones.we Need To Release Or Trade Jones Asap.

Do You Have To Type Like This, Honestly?

Jones needs to go at all costs, he's a choke artist in big games.

Bondomania
07-27-2008, 10:05 PM
at least grilli can strike someone out...

smarkow
07-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Todd Jones was never in there to strike people out. He was in there to pitch to contact, induce ground balls with his cutter. He's obviously had success. you can't get that many saves and not be successful. Problem is, you pitch the ball over the plate all day long.

DetTigers
07-28-2008, 08:28 PM
maybe scottie is todd jones........ooooooooooooooooooo ha