PDA

View Full Version : Linebrink to DL/Wasserman called up

Sox71
07-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Oh brother, Linebrink is likely going on the DL tomorrow. We need to make a move for some bullpen help.

JDIsMyGod23
07-25-2008, 11:45 PM
:pray: no tear. Carrasco has been a Godsend though already. Hopefully it's just inflammation that will go down.

Is there a link to this? I'm just assuming he is having arm trouble.

Tragedy
07-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Well, that's a shame.

It'll be interesting to see how serious it is. 15 days or a bit more, no move for the White Sox. A month or more, and they're players for Street/Fuentes again.

SOX VICTORY
07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Well, that's a shame.

It'll be interesting to see how serious it is. 15 days or a bit more, no move for the White Sox. A month or more, and they're players for Street/Fuentes again.

Gotta be music to B.Beanes ears.

JDIsMyGod23
07-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Just don't do anything dumb KW. Carrasco has been great since up, just roll with him if it's a short term thing.

SOX VICTORY
07-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Konerko for.............................

JDIsMyGod23
07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
^ Danny Almonte.

whitesoxfan83
07-26-2008, 12:11 AM
linebrink last pitched on the 22nd which means he'd be eligible to get off in 12 days opposed to 15.

ooo and btw. trading crede for some bullpen help wouldnt have been such a bad idea when we had the chance, now would it?! now we cant cause crede will be on the DL thru the deadline, the two worst moves williams has made this year is not trading crede and konerko.

now our bullpen is falling apart.

luckily you have to think with carrasco, macdougal, russell, richard, wasserman, and hell if it got bad enough contreras. atleast one of them is going to be able to fill in.

carrascos been a god send he can be a spot starter, late relief, middle relief. good pick up by the sox after the horrible year he had last season in the dbacks AAA system

Freddy GA
07-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Cowley said Thornton was hurting too... I would definately take Street just in case he goes down as well... BTW who would have thought Dotel would have been our healthiest reliever this year...

whitesoxfan83
07-26-2008, 12:15 AM
if thorntons hurting fuentes makes even more sense, with marte and rauch off the market fuentes continues to be the best reliever avaible. id like the sox to go get him b4 anyone else

SOX VICTORY
07-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Thornton is hurting, Linebrink maybe going down, Masset and Logan are strugglin mightily, Crede's down, Konerko's MIA. This is starting to look like "Leo" on the Titanic !!

SOX VICTORY
07-26-2008, 12:32 AM
And if it wasn't bad enough WSF83 is back again

whitesoxfan83
07-26-2008, 12:59 AM
And if it wasn't bad enough WSF83 is back again

well im leaving again until august 23rd, this will be my last post since i dont want to argue with you about myself.

im sure once im back posting here again you and the other 100 random posters that showed up for the trade deadline will be gone until november so enjoy it while it lasts.

and oh by the way, ive been calling for another arm in the bullpen since before u even started posting here everyday. all season this was a perfectly realistic scenario

both of our lefties had an ERA over 5 last year but i guess we should trust them for an entire season. this is more proof that fuentes is the best option since both of our lefties have issues already.

and it sure would have been nice to use crede to get that other arm, and oo btw danks and floyd have hit walls in the 2nd half who saw that coming (:confused:) and now our offense has started to heat up to make up for the less than usual pitching, dam i cant think of anyone who saw that coming either. :rolleyes:

enjoy the month without me ill be back, jerk.

Swish-Cab-Ob
07-26-2008, 01:21 AM
Hello Street...

BearSox
07-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Just Say No To Street!!!!!!!

East Side Z
07-26-2008, 10:01 AM
well im leaving again until august 23rd, this will be my last post since i dont want to argue with you about myself.

im sure once im back posting here again you and the other 100 random posters that showed up for the trade deadline will be gone until november so enjoy it while it lasts.

and oh by the way, ive been calling for another arm in the bullpen since before u even started posting here everyday. all season this was a perfectly realistic scenario

both of our lefties had an ERA over 5 last year but i guess we should trust them for an entire season. this is more proof that fuentes is the best option since both of our lefties have issues already.

and it sure would have been nice to use crede to get that other arm, and oo btw danks and floyd have hit walls in the 2nd half who saw that coming (:confused:) and now our offense has started to heat up to make up for the less than usual pitching, dam i cant think of anyone who saw that coming either. :rolleyes:

And JD says I get personal.LOL.:D

East Side Z
07-26-2008, 10:03 AM
I read he was having an MRI..........no word on the DL??

SoxFanSince63
07-26-2008, 10:39 AM
yet we stay on top of the division! We must be blessed so far this year! We need to take 2 out of 3 from the Tiggers and split with the Twinkies!

East Side Z
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Any news on Gomez injury last night for the Twinkies????????

zzConflict
07-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Any news on Gomez injury last night for the Twinkies????????

MRI scans conducted at Lutheran Hospital in Cleveland revealed no broken bones in Gomez's back, leaving the 22-year-old listed as day-to-day. He will be re-evaluated Saturday morning after what promises to be a rough night's sleep.
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080725&content_id=3193710&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

Doesn't sound too bad so that's good news for us.

East Side Z
07-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Im glad he is going to be ok............Hell of a nice player and the guy I wanted KW to get last offseason.

SOX VICTORY
07-26-2008, 11:32 AM

Is someone having an ego problem here ? And excuse me and/or anyone else on this forum who fails to check their crystal ball before posting. Better still perhaps everyone should check with you first before posting to insure it's something that you alledgedly dreamed up first or years ago, so you can get special credit for it. Hey take all the time off you need and try growing up during that time, maybe do some reading, try something that deals with humility and tolerance.

East Side Z
07-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Is someone having an ego problem here ? And excuse me and/or anyone else on this forum who fails to check their crystal ball before posting. Better still perhaps everyone should check with you first before posting to insure it's something that you alledgedly dreamed up first or years ago, so you can get special credit for it. Hey take all the time off you need and try growing up during that time, maybe do some reading, try something that deals with humility and tolerance.

Hey, its not just me!!LOL.:D

Swish-Cab-Ob
07-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Any updates?

zzConflict
07-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Any updates?
There's nothing on Cowley's twitter yet, he usually reports these things first.

zzConflict
07-26-2008, 01:36 PM
No surprise here - Scott Linebrink to the DL with inflammation of the posterior of his right shoulder. Ehren Wassermann is now up.
via Cowley's twitter updates.

chitown712
07-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh **** me in the goat ***, this is not good........our bullpen went from a strength to somewhat of a weakness in like a week

SOX VICTORY
07-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh **** me in the goat ***, this is not good........our bullpen went from a strength to somewhat of a weakness in like a week

Well if you insist, but somehow don't see how that's gonna help our bullpen.:smoking::D

BearSox
07-26-2008, 03:58 PM
I think I'd rather give MacDougal another shot instead of Wasserman.

Sox Appeal
07-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Im glad he is going to be ok............Hell of a nice player and the guy I wanted KW to get last offseason.

AND, Gomez is on my fantasy team. :D

Sox71
07-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I think I'd rather give MacDougal another shot instead of Wasserman.

You know what, I agree, tell MacDougal this is his last shot or something, Wasserman was terrible in his last call up. This all makes sense now as last night I was just shocked that Masset came in during the eighth inning. No Linebrink or Thornton...........

SOX VICTORY
07-26-2008, 10:57 PM
You know what, I agree, tell MacDougal this is his last shot or something, Wasserman was terrible in his last call up. This all makes sense now as last night I was just shocked that Masset came in during the eighth inning. No Linebrink or Thornton...........

Don't know it'll matter much to Mcdougal, he's under contract with us thru the 2009 season. In fact he'll be getting a raise next season that should see his 2009 salary worth around 3mil .:confused: