PDA

View Full Version : Biedrins Considering European Options?

phlp_bj
07-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Biedrins, who is a restricted free agent, is in a tenuous position. The Warriors might be hesitant to giving out two big contracts in one summer. Not a problem, says one of Biedrins' agents, Rade Filipovich of BDA Sports. If anyone is a candidate to join the trickle of NBA players going to Europe, it is Biedrins. "It would not be difficult for him," Filipovich told Sporting News Thursday night. "We have had good meetings with Golden State, but we want to keep open all opportunities for him. He is in a good position. It would be no problem for him to play in Europe."

Biedrins is a native of Latvia, and Russia is a short flight from his hometown of Riga. Biedrins has not gotten to the point of negotiating with European teams, and Filipovich added that Biedrins has not initiated contact with any teams abroad. But at least three Russian teams have been in contact with Biedrins in pursuit of him.

"Russia is not far for him," Filipovich said. "The language, all of that. It would almost be like going home for him."

While Biedrins is still negotiating with Golden State -- and wants to stay put -- he is at least exploring his European options, a possibility that is increasingly palatable among NBA players with Josh Childress, Carlos Delfino and Bostjan Nachbar recently choosing to play overseas.

Though he is not at the point of negotiating with foreign teams, Biedrins still could be signed away quickly.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=437999

daleja424
07-25-2008, 10:30 PM
take him... if they are willing to pay him the ridclous amount of money he is looking for...then fine. but sooner or later the Euro leagues are going to have to have some kinda cap...

jscotty8
07-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Are you kidding this might be the most underrated player in the NBA...

KG#1
07-25-2008, 10:39 PM
warriors are willing to pay him almost $10 million
i dont see him going anywhere

daleja424
07-25-2008, 10:40 PM
did I say he was bad? NO. I implied that he is not anywhere close to a 12 mil+ a year guy... which he could get in Europe...

*Superman*
07-25-2008, 10:51 PM
What else is new...Europe is after everyone.

KB24PG16
07-26-2008, 02:35 AM
warriors are willing to pay him almost $10 million
i dont see him going anywhere

wow the warriors are going to regret to this offseason for years to come they are over paying its ridiculous turiaf trading a first rounder for williams giving 67 mil for ellis and giving a big contract maggete when all the other were jsut offering him mid level and they go and give a max contract:confused:

LakerzDQ
07-26-2008, 05:00 AM
lol, next you're gonna see 'Lebron Signs with European team'