PDA

View Full Version : Trade Demands

Spurred1
07-25-2008, 10:23 PM
At what point do you think a star has the right/privilege to demand a trade?

phlp_bj
07-25-2008, 10:24 PM
when they have proven to the whole league that they are one of the best. a superstar like kobe, garnett, wade, shaq, etc...

DerekRE_3
07-25-2008, 11:27 PM
So Emeka Okafor doesn't qualify?

Emeka...:pity:

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-25-2008, 11:35 PM
I think it all depends on the players position. If the team is doing good for the guy then NO if the team is doing nothing not even winning then yes. Obviously he has to be good too.

PhillyLuver
07-25-2008, 11:39 PM
^Agree.

Most players that have been established head and shoulders above the rest.

I.e. Kobe, Lebron

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-25-2008, 11:42 PM
^Agree.

Most players that have been established head and shoulders above the rest.

I.e. Kobe, Lebron

Who is the last star to demand a trade? I can't remember did KG? Or is it back to AI? (Just wondering not trying to prove a point)

Spurred1
07-25-2008, 11:42 PM
^^Let's use LeBron as an example-he's been everything for the Cavs. The Cavs have not really provided him with good supporting players, though. In the Finals against the Spurs, the Spurs had to basically focus all their defenses on LeBron, because there was no other scoring threats. The recent additions to the Cavs team don't really help LeBron much either. So would you think that he would be justified in demanding a trade at this point?

KG#1
07-25-2008, 11:45 PM
KG was a real man and didnt demand a trade he was ready to try and make the t-wolves a contender but the gm realized it was better for both sides

tadmanny
07-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I dont think anyone has the right to demand a trade. No one person is better than the entire organization. It's only right to play out your contract through thick and thin, no matter what. Demanding a trade is giving up on the situation. If you're that good of a player, you should be able to get out of such a tough situation.

The83rdWonder
07-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Who is the last star to demand a trade? I can't remember did KG? Or is it back to AI? (Just wondering not trying to prove a point)

Jason Kidd, before that was Marion if you count him as a star.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
^^Let's use LeBron as an example-he's been everything for the Cavs. The Cavs have not really provided him with good supporting players, though. In the Finals against the Spurs, the Spurs had to basically focus all their defenses on LeBron, because there was no other scoring threats. The recent additions to the Cavs team don't really help LeBron much either. So would you think that he would be justified in demanding a trade at this point?

If I were him I would wait.My reason being that the Cavaliers have some valuable expiring contracts. I would wait to see if the Cavs make a impact move then go from there. The Cavaliers aren't really a terrible situation either, they have went to the playoffs 3 straight years so he would look weird to declare a "I want to be traded" statement.

Lakersfan2483
07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
KG was a real man and didnt demand a trade he was ready to try and make the t-wolves a contender but the gm realized it was better for both sides

Wrong, KG just kept his request out of the public sector, he was ready to go to a contender.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I dont think anyone has the right to demand a trade. No one person is better than the entire organization. It's only right to play out your contract through thick and thin, no matter what. Demanding a trade is giving up on the situation. If you're that good of a player, you should be able to get out of such a tough situation.

I agree but sometimes it doesn't work like that unfortunately.

Lakersfan2483
07-25-2008, 11:59 PM
If the Cavs don't improve, Lebron needs to go elsewhere in 2 years, the Cavs' management has done a poor job of surrounding him with the right supporting cast to win a title and truly compete.

Lakersfan2483
07-26-2008, 12:02 AM
The bottom line is that most competitors do not want to be on teams that are not dedicated to winning.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-26-2008, 12:03 AM
If the Cavs don't improve, Lebron needs to go elsewhere in 2 years, the Cavs' management has done a poor job of surrounding him with the right supporting cast to win a title and truly compete.

Oh I agree but he has to wait to see what the Cavs do this season. I'm almost willing to guarantee they make a impact trade with all the expiring contract value they have.

Bg7getclutch
07-26-2008, 12:20 AM
When there teams are loosing.

KB24PG16
07-26-2008, 02:27 AM
i think that no one deserves to ask for a trade the decision should be made by the front office,if he player would like a trade he shouldnt got public like AI shaq and kobe did it cause espn to go crazy and hype the story so much that no ones want to watch