PDA

View Full Version : U.S.A. vs. Canada...

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 08:47 PM
For those who arent watching the game or unable to, thought i'd made a thread for those of us who are watching it..could update you or inform you n the game.

1st half so far..i'm happy to be a Heat fan lol. Dwayne lead is leading all scorers and looks very good. Shooting well and moving around nicely on the floor. Shooting free throws well. Havent seen a whole lot of explosiveness in drives to the basket but he is playing well. Playing team ball. He actually started at SF since lebron is injured.

Joel Anthony for Canada looks good. Hustling and banging on the boards and looking good even against Boozer,bosh and Howard. Playing hard ball and not intimidated one bit. Hasnt shown much on offense besides starting the game with a left handed hook shot. But he's playing solid and me personally, i notice the improvement on the intensity of Defense and his footwork under the basket. Definitely happy we have him right now. His defense and rebound positioning is very nice as of now

As far U.S.A. ..looks somewhat sloppy at times. I think they're pick and roll defense needs serious attention. They are getting exposed on that against CANADA let along teams like Greece,Argentina and Spain. Michael Redd is stroking it! lol. With Howard and Bosh as their only big men, they are going to have to rely on the perimeter shooting big time. Not to mention, in International Play they play a lot of zone for perimeter shooting and good ball movement is crucial. Man to Man defense for U.S.A. looks good but yeah, off the picks..needs work. A lot of open looks for Canada so far.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Good first half for team U.S.A., Wade looked great and Anthony does not look intiminated by U.S.A. at all and he did a solid job in the first half.

DaAzNgAmE
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
USA is making a lot of turnovers, and they look confused sometimes while fighting the urge to look for the open man or just shoot it up. Wade is looking very good, he seems to be back to old form and Joel Anthony looks like he could very well be our opening day center barring a trade. :D

noturnormalhero
07-25-2008, 09:15 PM
USA is making a lot of turnovers, and they look confused sometimes while fighting the urge to look for the open man or just shoot it up. Wade is looking very good, he seems to be back to old form and Joel Anthony looks like he could very well be our opening day center barring a trade. :D

defensive wise yes..he could POSSIBLY start but i rather him backup if we can. with beasley being a perimeter shooter as well we'd need a center to score down low. think beasley is better face to face rather then his back to the basket. Anthony needs more work on offense. but he has a lot of potential and yeah..definitely a keeper..especially for what he's gettin paid lol

BALLER71
07-25-2008, 09:22 PM
I like the Anthony + Beasley duo.
Good defense from Anthony and scoring from Beasley.

daleja424
07-25-2008, 09:23 PM
I like the Anthony + Beasley duo.
Good defense from Anthony and scoring from Beasley.

:nod:

TheHeat3
07-25-2008, 09:37 PM
With the way the HEAT is shaping up, we won't really need Joel to be much of an Offensive force. Our team has enough offensive weapons with Wade, Marion, Beasley, Chalmers, JJ, Cook. So really all we need Joel to be is an intimidating force down low on the defensive end and stress Rebounding much like what the Magic did with Dwight Howard, but this is about U.S.A. vs Canada and its already a blow out. The "Redeem Team" is already toying with them as if we didn't expect this to happen.

daleja424
07-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Its official...WADE is back!!!:clap:

LayZbone
Huge windmill by D-wade!!! He's back baby!!

TheHeat3
Man it feels good to see Wade throw it down like that again! :D

daleja424
07-25-2008, 09:41 PM
yup!!!! sick!!! head at the rim again!

LayZbone
07-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Man, I want a gif image of Wade doing that dunk.

daleja424
07-25-2008, 09:44 PM
haha...and he must have like 5 sick steal already... hes playing a GREAT game

TheHeat3
07-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Coach K is doing a great job at distributing minutes and shot opportunities...but they really need to become more crisp because the competition will only get harder and all these turnovers will come back to bite us.

rex.reyesiii
07-25-2008, 10:05 PM
hi, were can i see the boxscores? the -/+ % etc

and how can i change my user name? reRegister? don't feel comfortable using my real name... whoops. offtopic eheheh..

MiamiHeatMafia
07-25-2008, 10:11 PM
That dunk was crazy D Wades back to his old self again!

Master Mind
07-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Wade looks serious...Suddenly im more enthusiastic about our chances this season...

SwaggaIke
07-25-2008, 11:39 PM
D Wade 100%. I can't wait until he ****s on the doubters some more Thursday.

07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
where ius the boxscore?

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-25-2008, 11:59 PM
d wade killed god an had sex with god and then realized he is god. He is the sh**. I can't wait for the new season to start.

Rain 816
07-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah D. WADE is back for sure. that dunk proved it. i was impressed by anthony also. i still hope we trade marion...maybe for josh smith

DQL
07-26-2008, 01:25 AM
box score (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/basketball/gamepackage/boxscore?gameId=725)

fins08
07-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Wade was awesome yesterday. Anthony did impress me a lot, still not to be a starter though.

BALLER71
07-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Joel Anthony is my hero.

noturnormalhero
07-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Joel Anthony is my hero.

your hero has a weird looking head lolol

MiamiHeat
07-26-2008, 11:24 AM
wow greatgame by wade,
joel was okay not too impress

"WADE IS OFFICIALLY BACK" :D

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-26-2008, 11:36 AM
your hero has a weird looking head lolol

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Danny Glover?

Jonathan2323
07-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Joel Anothny did not have a good game but the annoucers liked him. The only thing Joel did was guard Dwight Howard good. Wade looks awesome.

SwaggaIke
07-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Anthony will be the starting center. His contract officially became guaranteed yesterday.

King Koopa
07-26-2008, 01:29 PM
2 rebs for joel only so much for he was Rebounding well...... Well After all the USA team didnt really miss alot of shots. ANd you did say he was playing good defense on Howard, so thats good for joel but hes not going to start at center for us, Theres no chance he will.

DQL
07-26-2008, 01:43 PM
The USA team was too good. Guarding the best center in the NBA Joel just had no chance.

SwaggaIke
07-26-2008, 07:06 PM
2 rebs for joel only so much for he was Rebounding well...... Well After all the USA team didnt really miss alot of shots. ANd you did say he was playing good defense on Howard, so thats good for joel but hes not going to start at center for us, Theres no chance he will.

Yea, there's a huge chance he does. Nobody likes Blount. I bet Pat doesn't even like Blount. All he brings is his bull**** pick and roll and pick and pop plays. Nothing else. We don't need his weak *** offensive game in the starting lineup anymore. We have enough offense. Anthony will be the starter.

daleja424
07-26-2008, 09:22 PM

Joel played good D...has two rebounders were IMPRESSIVE boards...he made a number of good looking offensive moves and had shots pop out...and he blocked Howard on one play and they called a cheap foul... I was very impressed with is effort considering he was playing the all NBA team an only played 16 minutes