PDA

View Full Version : SI reports the Cavs will make a big trade

AMC31
07-25-2008, 07:25 PM
A big Cavaliers trade. Don't read too much into their strong playoff showing against the Celtics. The Cavs' current roster will struggle to score during the regular season, with several Eastern rivals plotting to move ahead of Cleveland. But the Cavaliers are not going to stand still and let that happen amid speculation of LeBron James' 2010 departure. They'll be looking to package their $30 million in expiring contracts as well as Zydrunas Ilgauskas and/or Anderson Varejao for a point guard and/or shooters and/or a star or two to give James a chance to realize his potential in Cleveland.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/07/25/weekly.countdown/index.html?eref=T1

I hope a trade happens soon, but i dont know about trading Z, i want him to retire with the Cavs.

monster_mash
07-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I was excited until I read the article. How big of a prediction is it when he says the Cavs will make a big trade using AV and expiring contracts for a pg/shooter/allstar...um duh? @ least he didnt try and pull some names out of his arse like i do.

Although I agree with not trading Z. The 3 hardest things for an NBA team to get are good centers, good pgs, and lebron/kobe/kg type players.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I was excited until I read the article. How big of a prediction is it when he says the Cavs will make a big trade using AV and expiring contracts for a pg/shooter/allstar...um duh? @ least he didnt try and pull some names out of his arse like i do.

Although I agree with not trading Z. The 3 hardest things for an NBA team to get are good centers, good pgs, and lebron/kobe/kg type players.

I had the same thought. When I read it I was thinking wow didn't us PSD member know about this for about the whole off-season maybe they should hire us..

On the other had I hope we don't trade Z. If its for someone who I know will be a great pick-up though I might consider it.

Spurred1
07-25-2008, 10:27 PM
I understand that the Cavs will be trading Z for Erick Dampier...sorry- wishful thinking-I'd rather have him than Damp on the Mavs. Anyway, how much stock do you put into this article? Maybe it would be for Vince Carter-that came up a while ago, right?

Jeff Boyd
07-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Would you guys be interestead in this trade?

Wally and D. West for Willie Green and Andre Miller?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Would you guys be interestead in this trade?

Wally and D. West for Willie Green and Andre Miller?

Yes! In a heart beat.. I love Miller one of my favorite players, thats not taking away the fact he still is a good player as well. I like Green too he gives us some athleticism at the two. He isn't all that bad either could probably log a lot of minute maybe even start.

AMC31
07-26-2008, 12:40 AM

Srry bout the title lol

monster_mash
07-26-2008, 02:35 AM
I'd rather have AI than VC. For evryone that says AI wouldn;t fit on the team, I disagree. Last yr he avg. 26/7/3 plus 1.95 steals. He has heart and a motor that wont quit. Desire. I really dont think VC has that. He can create his own shot. He has and can play pg if needed. Delonte is 6'4...if we resign him that is. LBJ was #1 in scoring, #8 in assists and #10 in steals in the league last yr. AI was #3 in scoring, #9 in assists and #8 in steals. Only 2 players to do that last yr. Oh and AI played all 82 games last yr and he is a free agent next year, maybe he'd be open to resigning at a friendlier price to play with LBJ. By the way VC avg 21pts 6rebs and 5assists in 76 games last yr. AI and VC shooting percentages are all within 1% of each other. Just to fairly compare the two. Vc also has that ridiculous contract.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=406~796~2419~366&teams=7~7~7~5&te=&cash=

This gives the Nuggets more cap relief now-about 3m or 6m when considering the luxary tax. That helps offset the cost of resigning JR Smith. Snow will (should) get the medical exemption meaning his 7m will come directly off the cap. AV is the piece Denver could actually use...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-26-2008, 02:48 AM
I'd rather have AI than VC. For evryone that says AI wouldn;t fit on the team, I disagree. Last yr he avg. 26/7/3 plus 1.95 steals. He has heart and a motor that wont quit. Desire. I really dont think VC has that. He can create his own shot. He has and can play pg if needed. Delonte is 6'4...if we resign him that is. LBJ was #1 in scoring, #8 in assists and #10 in steals in the league last yr. AI was #3 in scoring, #9 in assists and #8 in steals. Only 2 players to do that last yr. Oh and AI played all 82 games last yr and he is a free agent next year, maybe he'd be open to resigning at a friendlier price to play with LBJ. By the way VC avg 21pts 6rebs and 5assists in 76 games last yr. AI and VC shooting percentages are all within 1% of each other. Just to fairly compare the two. Vc also has that ridiculous contract.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=406~796~2419~366&teams=7~7~7~5&te=&cash=

This gives the Nuggets more cap relief now-about 3m or 6m when considering the luxary tax. That helps offset the cost of resigning JR Smith. Snow will (should) get the medical exemption meaning his 7m will come directly off the cap. AV is the piece Denver could actually use...

It would be really hard to get AI.

Cavs_Fan24
07-26-2008, 12:26 PM
i really hope Danny Ferry can pull something off, but as long as we dont get rid of Z
he's a lot more valuable then other teams give him credit for, and it'd be a completely different offense without Z

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-26-2008, 02:26 PM
i really hope Danny Ferry can pull something off, but as long as we dont get rid of Z
he's a lot more valuable then other teams give him credit for, and it'd be a completely different offense without Z

I agree Z is a very solid center, which having a solid center on your team has become rare and something many teams could use.

Sbank
07-26-2008, 04:37 PM
I hope we will not we don't trade Z. I love to see Z retire as a Cavalier. I hope we do trade AV and a few of our expiring contracts to get to a star or a real need that be a huge up grade what we have.

monster_mash
07-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Normally you don't trade a big for a small. I think it is fine to trade AV for a guard that can help. No way do we trade Z unless we are recieving a GOOD big in return.

Storch
07-26-2008, 06:00 PM
AI and VC are both aging stars that make ALOT of money. I dont think cleveland wants to lose more cap room.

Essex Ace
07-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I would love to see the Cavs acquire AI, it would prove a lot to LBJ....I like Z, however, with his diminishing health, it would be wise to trade him if possible...Ferry needs to do whatever it takes, simple as that...and if it takes parting with well-liked players thats a price im willing to pay

monster_mash
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM
I really think Z will be fine for the remaining two years of his contract. He has been having the back spasms, but I heard after the season that he would be fine. His feet haven't given him problems in a while. If Z was to be traded, we had better get a starting big(taller than ben) in return.

IndiansFan337
07-28-2008, 11:42 AM
AI can't be had for the same price as VC (as many of you are implying), because AI has a $22 million expiring contract.

VC has 3 years left on his contract, which is why NJ is listening to offers for the overpaid star.

Denver seems to be trying to cut costs, so they probably want AI's expiring contract to come off their books after this season. So unless we can offer them something VERY enticing, along with expiring contracts to make the trade even out salary-wise, they have no reason to listen to any offers from the Cavs. And I don't think that we have that enticing piece or two to team with our expiring contracts to acquire him.

I also don't think AI would be a good fit with our team.

Litchris12
07-28-2008, 03:08 PM
get micheal redd cav fans....that what they need

monster_mash
07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Won;t happen unless the Bucks are in the bottom of the standings in4-5 months