PDA

View Full Version : IF Favre ends up on the Jets. (IF)

DieHardColtsfan
07-25-2008, 06:21 PM
This is strictly hypothetical, I'm not saying he is, I'm not saying he isn't. Lets just pretend Favre winds up in New York. How does your views of the Jets change as an opponent and a division rival?

*Please answer what is asked don't feed me a line of bull saying "oh he wont go there" because I could have told you that! I'm just curious in a sense by thinking with all the free agent acquisitions added this off season a quarterback of Bret's caliber can really push them over the edge.

I guess what I'm asking is, if you woke up tomorrow and you found out Favre was a Jet what is your initial reaction?

Shaiza
07-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I still wouldn't care.

kazzy4080
07-25-2008, 08:11 PM
i think it be an epic fail, i really cant see him getting used to a completely other team after spending basically his whole career with one team

MiamiHeatMafia
07-25-2008, 09:08 PM
It still won't help them and I read from this other link on the nfl forum today that Farve has no interest in the Jets at all.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Green Bay Packers retired QB Brett Favre does not appear to have any interest in playing for the New York Jets.
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Ex-Redskins Fan
07-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Looks like no one can answer the question.

Celts22
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Id welcome it, atleast there might be one team in the AFC East that might be competitive.

J-E-T-S
07-26-2008, 03:31 AM
I heard that Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum was approached by Green Bay Gm to see if they would be interested in aquring Favre. The team didnt want anything to do with Favre, but if he comes in the cheap all the better.

JetInPhilly
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
I really don't want Favre.

1. That put's us in a "Superbowl or Bust" mode and that's not good. Karma will kill us here.
2. What's to say that he won't hold the Jets hostage like he's done with Green Bay for the last 3 years?
3. He won't help Clemens or Ainge at all...look what he did with Rodgers.

Does he instantly give the Jets' offense credibility...YES - but personally, I think it's not worth the cost or the drama. He is an awesome QB...but I think we need to develope our QB for now/the future, not plug in Favre for 1 season.

DieHardColtsfan
07-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Looks like no one can answer the question.

your right, every1 is saying how is wont work or they wont get him... i simply wanna know if you will take them more serious and if you view them as a threat?

MilledgeGomez
07-26-2008, 05:19 PM
He wont go to the Jets haha

Dirty Dirk41
07-27-2008, 09:35 AM
your right, every1 is saying how is wont work or they wont get him... i simply wanna know if you will take them more serious and if you view them as a threat?

I would think you almost have to take em as a threat. They spent a LOT of cash this off season on some really good players. A lot of people said the JETS wont be anything though because they signed all this talent and they have NO QB. Well Favre isnt NO QB. He is def aging but is better than Pennington or lemon or whoever NY has. I Dont think they will win first in the AFC east but they could make the playoffs with the wild card. PLUS i would love to see The Pats defense crucify BRETT twice a year for putting me through segment upon segemnt of b.s favre drama on ESPN DAILY!!!!!!!haha

DieHardColtsfan
07-27-2008, 04:18 PM
I would think you almost have to take em as a threat. They spent a LOT of cash this off season on some really good players. A lot of people said the JETS wont be anything though because they signed all this talent and they have NO QB. Well Favre inst NO QB. He is def aging but is better than Pennington or lemon or whoever NY has. I Dont think they will win first in the AFC east but they could make the playoffs with the wild card. PLUS i would love to see The Pats defense crucify BRETT twice a year for putting me through segment upon segment of b.s favre drama on ESPN DAILY!!!!!!!ha ha

I couldn't agree more. I feel looking at the Jets roster they are a QB away from being a serious contender! Favre would be amazing. I think in the case of the Jets, after all the money they spent anyway, a 1st round pick wouldn't set them back as much as it looks. If you pass on Brett and have a horrible season and you use your first rounder and sign a 1st round rookie for promised 20mil(the avg 1st rounders are getting nowadays) it would hit your cap up pretty hard anyway. So since you guys went out and spent all this cash building around that HOLE under center, why not go for it all this year and trade for Brett even if it takes a 1st rounder!

Crickr
07-28-2008, 11:09 AM
If he did then the Pats would be faced with a good QB on the Jets . Would it hamper their game well I am not sure of that but probably yes it would. Would it mean that they would loose to the Jets anything is possible and the Pats have beaten the best there is so I doubt that would be a big factor. Remember the way to the playoffs and to the SB have to play NE 2 times a year regular season and possibly in the playoffs......

ZHawk1123
07-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Wouldn't affect me a bit... Could care less

BRADY4MVP
07-28-2008, 12:24 PM
i would love it because i hate favre (I know he is really good) and hate the jets....so it is a match made in heaven...........

blitz every down!

Patsfan56
07-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I would take them a little more seriously. Favre brings a new element to the table that we would then need to contend with twice this season (I don't think we would need to worry about him longer than one season). And as much as I dislike Mangini, he is a smart man and will figure out ways to maximize Favre's talents to get some points on the board. But until htey can figure out how to stop what I think will be an even better Pats offense this year, all it might do is put a few more points on the board and make it a little more fun to watch.

BostonFan 53
07-28-2008, 04:36 PM
My initial reaction would be....

Thank God. The jets traded a first round pick to the Packers for a player who still makes them marginally worse then us.

bagwell368
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Be so good... can't wait to see the Jets fans collapse into recriminations about what a monumental failure it would be.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I would think you almost have to take em as a threat. They spent a LOT of cash this off season on some really good players. A lot of people said the JETS wont be anything though because they signed all this talent and they have NO QB. Well Favre isnt NO QB. He is def aging but is better than Pennington or lemon or whoever NY has. I Dont think they will win first in the AFC east but they could make the playoffs with the wild card. PLUS i would love to see The Pats defense crucify BRETT twice a year for putting me through segment upon segemnt of b.s favre drama on ESPN DAILY!!!!!!!haha

with u 100% on that part.

its the brett favre channel. u would figure john madden owns espn now.

tonyd3b54
07-29-2008, 11:56 AM
ill finish this title for u... If Favre ends up on the jets they will still suck...

ERLynx
07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
i dont think quarterback is their only problem.

bagwell368
07-29-2008, 01:32 PM
i dont think quarterback is their only problem.

the fish rots from the head down....

Meaning Mangenius will be sh*tcanned this year.

JetInPhilly
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM
the fish rots from the head down....

Meaning Mangenius will be sh*tcanned this year.

Just for the record, QB is the only problem on paper right now. The rest is yet to be seen. As for bagwell368's comment on Mangenius being sh*tcanned this year, hell...one can only hope right? Honestly, I'm not into shady people...especially as my coach. My loyalty is to the franchise, not the coach and after he ratted out BB, I just can't get on-board with him. My only concern is that they replace him with someone that knows what it takes to win.

Bottom line: "A rat is the lowest thing you could be in my neighborhood" - A Bronx Tale. This is a bottom-line fact gentlemen. I've read on PFT that Mangini's current NFL job could be his last...and I wouldn't be surprised. He should've handled it in-house, but the fact that he didn't makes him the ManJaggoff to me. SORRY IF I OFFEND ANY JETS FANS THAT READ THIS BUT A FACT IS A FACT. I'D FEEL THE SAME ABOUT HIM IF HE RATTED OUT BRIAN BILLICK, DICK JAURON, OR THE GREAT BILL PARCELLS HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE I'M GOING TO SAY THIS BUT - Herm Edwards can't manage a clock to save his life and he is wayyyyyyyyyyy to lenient on the players, but at least he wore his heart on his sleeve, said what he meant, and understood what respect and the code were.

Next Jets Head Coach - BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER!!!!!!!!!

bagwell368
07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Honestly, I'm not into shady people...especially as my coach. My loyalty is to the franchise, not the coach and after he ratted out BB, I just can't get on-board with him. My only concern is that they replace him with someone that knows what it takes to win.

You sir are my favorite Jet fan of all time!

Crickr
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
You sir are my favorite Jet fan of all time!

Amen

JetInPhilly
07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Here's one for you. I'm actually battling with a Jets fan about the whole Favre thing. I cannot believe there is actually infighting about a guy who will never play for NY.

every day that passes the % does down. before i thought we would get him. now i cant see it happening unless he changes his mind about playing for us

Honestly, I don't want him. To get him would put Clemens, Ratliff, and Ainge behind the 8-ball since Favre doesn't feel that he needs to help out the younger guys. Second, goodbye Chad. Now, this may or may not happen but you know the Jets will ship him off without any class at all. He gave his entire body to this team and NO ONE seems to want to give him any respect. Third, Favre's a ME-GUY and I hate that.

Let his azz stay in Green Bay for the next year, 2, 3...Whatever! Honestly, he's a damn distraction that we don't need. Give Chad the ball, since Clemens is screwin' da pooch, and let's run with the new line protecting him.

Enough is enough with this crap. NY should throw up a big middle finger at Favre and let him just take his place in Canton. WE DON'T NEED HIS ****!!!!

DieHardColtsfan
07-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Here's one for you. I'm actually battling with a Jets fan about the whole Favre thing. I cannot believe there is actually infighting about a guy who will never play for NY.

Honestly, I don't want him. To get him would put Clemens, Ratliff, and Ainge behind the 8-ball since Favre doesn't feel that he needs to help out the younger guys. Second, goodbye Chad. Now, this may or may not happen but you know the Jets will ship him off without any class at all. He gave his entire body to this team and NO ONE seems to want to give him any respect. Third, Favre's a ME-GUY and I hate that.

Let his azz stay in Green Bay for the next year, 2, 3...Whatever! Honestly, he's a damn distraction that we don't need. Give Chad the ball, since Clemens is screwin' da pooch, and let's run with the new line protecting him.

Enough is enough with this crap. NY should throw up a big middle finger at Favre and let him just take his place in Canton. WE DON'T NEED HIS ****!!!!

I understand everything your saying especially the fact that Favre comes with a lot of baggage. I just cant agree with you on certain things. It may not be my place to suggest certain opinions due to the fact that this is your team and ultimatly your opinion should be more important than mine. I feel that yes you have a QB question mark, granted the whole league is aware of this. But since you guys went out and re-amped that O-Line and Spent your fair share of dollars on the D, you realisticly have a win Now mentality. your team in my opinion can not afford another frustrating roller coaster year with Chad, hoping that his lobs land in the playoffs. And for Clemens, he needs atleast one year to flourish. So Favre will throw a wrench in his development, I understand, but dont be so ignorrant to act as if Favre is not an upgrade to your team with one major gapeing whole (QB IMO). Im not saying your other positions are up to par, but they will do. Favre works wonders with what he's got!

JetInPhilly
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
I understand everything your saying especially the fact that Favre comes with a lot of baggage. I just cant agree with you on certain things. It may not be my place to suggest certain opinions due to the fact that this is your team and ultimatly your opinion should be more important than mine. I feel that yes you have a QB question mark, granted the whole league is aware of this. But since you guys went out and re-amped that O-Line and Spent your fair share of dollars on the D, you realisticly have a win Now mentality. your team in my opinion can not afford another frustrating roller coaster year with Chad, hoping that his lobs land in the playoffs. And for Clemens, he needs atleast one year to flourish. So Favre will throw a wrench in his development, I understand, but dont be so ignorrant to act as if Favre is not an upgrade to your team with one major gapeing whole (QB IMO). Im not saying your other positions are up to par, but they will do. Favre works wonders with what he's got!

The thing is that we all know Chad has a weak arm...but he's usually very accurate. The reason he was playing like shite last year, unbenounced to anyone because Mangini feels like he doesn't need to tell the truth (oops!) about injuries, was that when you guys rolled his ankle...you actually tore 2 tendins. When you push off your back foot, and that's the one that was damaged, it takes more off of the ball...hence the high-arc softball pitches Chad was throwing last year.

I think with him at the helm, this new KMA attitude that he's showing, and the new line...we'll be fine. Believe me, I know Favre is an upgrade - AND - brings credibility to the offense...but I don't see him as a team player. Like you said, we spent a buttload of money on free agents - but they all want to be part of a team, play any position needed, and lead by example. My problem with Favre is that he thinks he IS the NFL and that he can do whatever he wants. If we land him...next offseason is gonna be more of a nightmare than this season could possibly be with Chad under center.

And don't worry about me thinking that you're out of line/out of place in your opinion. You are one of many who have actually welcomed a JETS fan into your site and I return the favor by not being an ignorant ***. You do make good points, but I just cannot see this man playing for a team that's trying to pull itself up by the bootstraps.

DieHardColtsfan
07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
The thing is that we all know Chad has a weak arm...but he's usually very accurate. The reason he was playing like shite last year, unbenounced to anyone because Mangini feels like he doesn't need to tell the truth (oops!) about injuries, was that when you guys rolled his ankle...you actually tore 2 tendins. When you push off your back foot, and that's the one that was damaged, it takes more off of the ball...hence the high-arc softball pitches Chad was throwing last year.

I think with him at the helm, this new KMA attitude that he's showing, and the new line...we'll be fine. Believe me, I know Favre is an upgrade - AND - brings credibility to the offense...but I don't see him as a team player. Like you said, we spent a buttload of money on free agents - but they all want to be part of a team, play any position needed, and lead by example. My problem with Favre is that he thinks he IS the NFL and that he can do whatever he wants. If we land him...next offseason is gonna be more of a nightmare than this season could possibly be with Chad under center.

And don't worry about me thinking that you're out of line/out of place in your opinion. You are one of many who have actually welcomed a JETS fan into your site and I return the favor by not being an ignorant ***. You do make good points, but I just cannot see this man playing for a team that's trying to pull itself up by the bootstraps.

Colts rolled ove his ankle??? i don't remember. Im very against Chad. I know he has that leadership mentality and that very accurate arm, siht thats why he still has a job. If Favre is an option you wont consider (which sounds foolish to me) than I feel you should go with Kellen. He has the Strong Oline to protect his *****. I feel in general that money shouldn't have been spent before addressing QB or atleast naming one. Lets face it it all comes down to winning at the end of the day. You Honestly feel you can beat the Pats twice or even once this year with Chad at the helm. Or even Kellen? I dunno man thats why, with Mangini possibly on the hot seat. Favre actually seems very attractive. Why not go all out? that's what i'm saying. Also a thought to bring up, What happens if the QB carasoul takes off week 4 or 5 and there are QB switches between Chad and Kellen, wont you be kicking yourself for passing on Brett.

JetInPhilly
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Colts rolled ove his ankle??? i don't remember. Im very against Chad. I know he has that leadership mentality and that very accurate arm, siht thats why he still has a job. If Favre is an option you wont consider (which sounds foolish to me) than I feel you should go with Kellen. He has the Strong Oline to protect his *****. I feel in general that money shouldn't have been spent before addressing QB or atleast naming one. Lets face it it all comes down to winning at the end of the day. You Honestly feel you can beat the Pats twice or even once this year with Chad at the helm. Or even Kellen? I dunno man thats why, with Mangini possibly on the hot seat. Favre actually seems very attractive. Why not go all out? that's what i'm saying. Also a thought to bring up, What happens if the QB carasoul takes off week 4 or 5 and there are QB switches between Chad and Kellen, wont you be kicking yourself for passing on Brett.

You know, I'm used to talking to Pats fans in here and completely overlooked the whole name thing. Should have caught that one - My bad. Anyway, you make a lot of sense but I still stand behind Chad. Until we have an actual better option, I gotta go with experience...especially when in New England's division. Clemens needs more work, Ratliff is a serviceable back-up, and Ainge is looking at 2-3 years out...no matter what. It's like going with the devil you know as opposed to the devil you don't know. Ya know? :)