PDA

View Full Version : the Latvian gangsta

montaellisfan
07-25-2008, 05:50 PM
i copyrighted that so dont steal it. but does any one know how much money we have to throw at Andris? we cannot let him go. u guys may not agree with this but he is the most important player on our team if we will have any success this yr. NOT the best player but must important

oracle650
07-25-2008, 06:28 PM
^he rebounds with help from turiaf, randolph, etc we win. cus we score reguardless. I feel it.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-25-2008, 07:16 PM
We Need To Show Him The Money Like Jerry Maguir Cuz He's Our Best Rebounder

arbhieone
07-26-2008, 12:51 PM
man, if biedrins leaves, half of the team is gone, baron, peitrus, barnes, richardson, o'bryant(hahaha) almost lost buike too. interesting to see what this new roster brings next year. i just hope the still bring the same intensity nellie ball so there reason for me to stay up late every game night

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Hes our only proven rebounder on our team. He's lanky but he is tall enough to gather up 10+ rebounds a game. PLUS, he knows how to score around the basket, WHEN HES REAL CLOSE!

Dubs cant afford to lose him... He is the ideal center we need in the system we play

PolloLoco
07-27-2008, 01:15 AM
I had recently read an article criticising the Warriors' recent activity. One comment in particular which struck me was that you'd expect a rebounder to average at least 1 rebound every four minutes of playing time. It pointed out that while Al Harrington gets 1 rebound every 5 or so minutes, Turiaf only averages 4.8.

On the other hand, the much maligned Biedrins averages 1 rebound every 2.8 minutes which is outstanding.

We really need to keep this guy. Remember how many years it's been since we've had a quality center. Since Rony Seikaly - I think Dampier barely counts. Losing Biedrins would be a HUGE step back.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-27-2008, 02:45 AM
Your Actually Wright El Pollo Loco

Aliengames
07-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I've always given Al some leeway on Rebounding because he's essentially a small forward that has been forced to battle PFs and Cs for rebounds. He's often the tallest guy on our team for long stretches of play. Give him a freaking break on the boards-per-minute.

PolloLoco
07-27-2008, 08:33 PM
I've always given Al some leeway on Rebounding because he's essentially a small forward that has been forced to battle PFs and Cs for rebounds. He's often the tallest guy on our team for long stretches of play. Give him a freaking break on the boards-per-minute.

Your post makes little sense. In the first place - he's 6 ft 9" and 245 pounds. That's a PF's body, and he has all of the athleticism needed for the position. He was traded for to play power forward, and is assigned that position on the court. Your argument is only valid if you suggest that people shouldn't criticize him because he's just not good enough to play the position.

Also, the same argument you make about him being the tallest person on the court is the same reason people use to downplay Biedrins' performance. You argue that because Al's the tallest Warrior on the court, he can't get any rebounds. Others constantly criticize that Biedrins ONLY gets garbage rebounds because he's the only tall rebounder on the court. It's a bad double standard.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Mr. El Pollo Loco He's A 6'10 Center & He's Staying Fool

PolloLoco
07-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Mr. El Pollo Loco He's A 6'10 Center & He's Staying Fool

Ult Warrior - at fist I wonered if you're over 14, but now I wonder if your IQ is greater than your age?

The discussion was not about Andris Biedrins (who's listed at 6'11" by the way) being a PF. It was about Al Harrington. So if you can't understand the discussion, stay out of it when the grownups talk.

The other poster was giving Harrington a break for being in the same spot where others criticize Biedrins' production. I'm quite happy that Biedrins is staying.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Look El Pollo Loco Your The Dumb One & I Bet Im Alot Older Then Your Punk ***

Aliengames
07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
You argue that because Al's the tallest Warrior on the court, he can't get any rebounds.

I never argued that Al can't get rebounds, I argued that being on a team with almost nothing but guards meant often he had to battle people several inches taller for rebounds. Besides 6 boards in 27 minutes per game isn't that bad.

Your post makes little sense. In the first place - he's 6 ft 9" and 245 pounds. That's a PF's body

I was referring to his skillset and mindset, not his body. I should have been more clear on that.

likemystylez
07-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Ult Warrior - at fist I wonered if you're over 14, but now I wonder if your IQ is greater than your age?

The discussion was not about Andris Biedrins (who's listed at 6'11" by the way) being a PF. It was about Al Harrington. So if you can't understand the discussion, stay out of it when the grownups talk.

The other poster was giving Harrington a break for being in the same spot where others criticize Biedrins' production. I'm quite happy that Biedrins is staying.

pollo loco- baggin on board members after your 10th post isnt any way to make friends. You could have just corrected him and said you were talking about al harrington.

In Ult warrior's defense, the title of this thread is Lativian Gangsta.... that would lead one to believe it was about Beidrins- I could be wrong but I thought Harrington was from jersey?

Anyways- personal insults arent necesary in this forum.

PS- When Ult warrior uses the word fool to end his sentance.... dont take it as a personal insult, it is sort of like talking with authority. Sorry if that sounded condescending ULT warrior..... but I wasnt putting you down.

PolloLoco
07-28-2008, 11:19 PM
You've got to admit that's pretty freakin' ridiculous. If a mod happens to read this thread, I definitely want their view. What's ridiculous is when you ask me to respond with civility after a forum member attempts to correct me and ends the sentence with "fool". Not to mention a response in language not worthy of elementary school, from a forum member that a few days ago was posting in all caps. I could try to be cute and end my comment to you with the word "fool", but that would be disingenuous.

Besides, Ultimate Warrior had previously agreed with my views on Biedrins on this very thread! Somehow he got it into his head that I suddenly changed my mind on his value. If he'd taken the time to read the discussion another member and I were having - it was a comparison between Harrington and Biedrins. Specifically relating to a recent article. Anyway you put it, it's rude to jump into that conversation and call me a fool.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-28-2008, 11:48 PM
We'll My Bad For That But I Owed You One Cuz I Remember When I First Joined The Forum Me & Garlicboy Got Into A Argument & You Said Something About Me Being Ignorant